MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great find cGorg. PPs weight definitely fits the suspects description of a "burly man". Wonder if he had "husky shoulders"?

I forget. How tall is Jerry W? I ask because he looks tall.

To kids who are used to a tall father, a 6' 4" guy would not seem that tall. He would just seem normal.

215 seems heavy. People carry weight differently. Padre seems like he was an athlete. I wonder if he is/was a runner.

DR looks slender in clothing, but in his running shorts he is extremely muscular.

I am confused about people being upset that I, for one, am linking known perverts with a POI? Why the white glove treatment? I find that very strange.

I don't feel it is my job to prove DR is innocent. Is that the point here? And if so,why? Perhaps there needs to be an FB page DR Innocent as there is for Jodi Arias and Casey Anthony.

I don't think it's wrong to connect perverts and the POI. The POI is a teacher and works around kids every day, for gosh sakes. He should not have connections with these people. And that is what this forum is for, to sleuth and discuss the case.

I think it's very likely that Polka Perv was at the Delwin polka fest that night and I sure hope LE is checking him out.

And remember how DR kept a box with news clippings and other info about Jacob's case? Creepy. Who would do that if you didn't have any connection to the case ....??

And remember how DR kept a box with news clippings and other info about Jacob's case? Creepy. Who would do that if you didn't have any connection to the case ....??

Jacob's abduction occurred on DRs property. That's a major connection to the case IMO. So really, DR's newsclippings about the case isn't that much of a issue to me.

Jacob's abduction occurred on DRs property. That's a major connection to the case IMO. So really, DR's newsclippings about the case isn't that much of a issue to me.

Except, he is quoted somewhere as stating that he could not be bothered. It was a waste of time.

This, of course, is different than the he searched his property statements he has made.

I believe on here somewhere the contradictions he stated are identified.

If he does not care, why have clippings?

I care and I cared a lot. I did not keep anything except my Jacob's Hope buttons. I knew he would be found and that would be that.

Just a blip. Kind of like Ransom of Red Chief.

:seeya:
Hmmmm....Wait a second
Okay, it makes sense that a festival of live-music would still be going on at 9:15 PM.

Very interesting. According to joy the curious, DR left his house for a jog In the "late afternoon", and by the time he arrived to the del-win, the polka fest was in "full swing".
Generally, I would consider "late afternoon" to be 4-5. But that is arbitrary, I know some people who think 1pm is morning. Anyhow, what's important is that DR placed himself at the polka fest at some point during the day/evening. To me, DR's statement about the polka fest being in "full swing" seems to suggests that by the time he arrived the polka fest was moving quickly forward, not at the start or end, but somewhere in the middle of the festival. Assuming that 4:30 is what DR meant by "late afternoon" than one would have to assume that he arrived at the fest at 5-5:30 (30min - 1 hour jog). Assuming that DRs recollections and my observations are correct, I would have to assume that the polka feat ended sometime after 6. Maybe it ended at 8-10? I wish we had something to go off of.

The Chmielewski Family are famous polka players in MN.

"In 1989, the “Chmielewski Family Funtime Band” swept the Minnesota Music Academy and for three consecutive years dominated by winning nine out of the eleven awards in the polka field."

On their website they have a schedule for various polka fests. (They also have a page with galleries of many pictures of polka bands.)

Schedule for 2014 Polka Fest is from 11 am to 7 pm. There are sections for various bands to play. This could be similar to times in 1989.

Sun. June 8 (2014)

10:00-12:00
12:00-1:00
1:00-3:00
3:00-4:00
4:00-7:00

http://funtimeband.com/

I don't think it's wrong to connect perverts and the POI. The POI is a teacher and works around kids every day, for gosh sakes. He should not have connections with these people. And that is what this forum is for, to sleuth and discuss the case.

An excellent point indeed.

This Polish Festival ran from 11 to 6.

Twin Cities Polish Festival, Minneapolis - USA
by Rob Howard
After a decade-long absence, on August 15th and 16th, 11am to 6pm both days, the Twin Cities Polish Festival is back, bringing together Minnesotans to celebrate Polish culture and Polish heritage.

Performers involving accordionists include the Mosaica Folk Ensemble, the Dolina Polish Folk Dancers, Sloneczniki, Chabry, The Polish Connection Band from Central Wisconsin, The Twin Cities Soundz, Doctor Kielbasa, Craig Ebel & DyVersaCo, and the Chmielewski Funtime Family Band.

With renewed enthusiasm and energy, the first annual Twin Cities Polish Festival will immerse Minnesotans in "all things Polish", presenting a kaleidoscope of unique cultural and educational displays, food and top-notch entertainment.

The Old Main Street in Minneapolis will be the focal point for outstanding musical and dance entertainment, with traditional foods and beverages.
http://www.accordions.com/news.aspx?d=17-Jul-2009&lang=es

I am sure that 100% of us on here agree with you!

Re-reading some articles and picking up a little more info -

1/10/90 St Cloud Times - LE has narrowed their focus to a handful of suspects although none are a prime suspect. A strong lead was developed "when investigators found a sure link between the kidnapping and sexual assault of a 12 year old Cold Spring boy, and Jacob's abduction." A database of more than 5,000 Minnesotan sex offenders was compiled and those on the list investigated.

1/25/90 St Cloud Times - In this story about Duane Allen Hart's arrest, there are additional comments from DAH's foster father. He said Hart was expelled from special education at Paynesville HS for sexual misconduct with another boy. His stepfather goes on to say "You see, I never got it from him that he'd done something like that. He never said anything like that. If he wouuld have he wouldn't have been running loose. I'd have turned him in. He knows that. I don't care if he is our foster boy, if he's pulling something like that, he should be arrested." Those comments are in stark contrast to DAH's mother, who you may remember said her son was innocent of the charges.

1/28/90 St. Cloud Times - "Duane Allen Hart, 42, was a suspect in Jacob's abduction from the beginning, but was brushed aside as investigators zeroed in on other men who more closely fit the profile." Numerous other sex offenders have been arrested as a result of of tips passed on to LE agencies.

Do they name any of the "other men" in the Times? I'm surprised they actually published Hart's name in the paper. I don't recall that, but it was a long time ago.

Men who more closely fit the profile. I wonder what that means.

I wonder why he was in foster care?

He was a heavy drinker by age 6.

Men who more closely fit the profile. I wonder what that means.

I wonder why he was in foster care?

He was a heavy drinker by age 6.

While there are exceptions, this would seem to indicate a less than ideal home life. Six year old's do not usually have a desire to drink without the alcohol being supplied or made available and a stressor to cause a need to escape (ie. molestation, physical beatngs, abuse of mother, abuse of siblings, etc). If not sealed, court records my show why he was in foster care, such as removed by CYS.

Re-reading some articles and picking up a little more info -

1/10/90 St Cloud Times - LE has narrowed their focus to a handful of suspects although none are a prime suspect. A strong lead was developed "when investigators found a sure link between the kidnapping and sexual assault of a 12 year old Cold Spring boy, and Jacob's abduction." A database of more than 5,000 Minnesotan sex offenders was compiled and those on the list investigated.

So I wonder what the "sure link" was that they found?!?! HELLO, is that not SCREAMING the word guilty for this DAH guy?!?! They found fibers from Jared's jacket in his car, and there was some other "sure link"....????

I wish we had a good picture of him to compare to the sketches.

Does anyone recall the name of the prison or institution that DAH is currently in?

dAH is in the Moose Lake Civilly committed sex offender program in moose Lake MN.

He has filed court cases to get out. I am not saying, "You're welcome, " to him , because I, along with the other taxpayers paid for his attorney and filings, etc. He is not unusual in doing that. Lots of the clients there are filing suits all of the time that we get to pay for.

I am wondering about DR's comments. It is said in every lie there is some truth.

So, going to the DelWin ballroom. Why does he mention that? Is it a deflection? He wants people looking that way while the truth lies in another direction? Or, does he need some kind of cover for the Delwin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member