MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What role does Catholicism play in the transgenerational phenomenon of pederasty?

By now, we know that nearly every community in central Minnesota, down to the smallest of hamlets, has been frequented by one or more Catholic priests credibly accused of sexually abusing children at some point in the past. See the attached map and legend below, for example. We also know that some percentage of boys who are sexually molested go on to sexually molest other boys. Given the high historical prevalence of pederastic Catholic priests and Catholic institutions that have blanketed central Minnesota and saturated Stearns County, in particular, it seems plausible that a sexually-motivated kidnapping of an 11-year-old boy is in some way connected to Catholicism in the region.

If so, what is that connection? Pederast priests rarely seek their victims on remote country roads in the dark of night – they don’t need to; parents with good intentions serve up an annual smorgasbord of children to priests in Catholic grade schools, prep schools, and parish congregations throughout Minnesota and around the world. Of course, the road to Hell is paved with good intentions and, as someone once sang, Hell is for children . . .

Simply put, how directly or distantly linked is the disappearance of Jacob Wetterling to Catholicism? Are there historical dots that can be connected in the regional map? Sharpen your pencils . .

Prov. 11:14
Another Proverb.... "the road to Hell is paved with good intentions"...timeless and most likely true. "Hell is for children"....I'll have to consult Pat Benatar on that but I think I know the answer. The Catholic Connection has been discussed on WS extensively. What is your point with this post?

The Man: “They didn’t come in the house that night. IT COULD HAVE BEEN OVER WITH.”

Isn't that a very telling statement????

The Man: “They didn’t come in the house that night. IT COULD HAVE BEEN OVER WITH.”

Isn't that a very telling statement????

I agree, celtic, but I guess it depends on what you read into it.

It could mean, if they came in the house they would have seen Jacob wasn't there. (But I'm not sure that would prove much, as he could already have been spirited away by then.)

It could mean, they would have found either Jacob or evidence and it would have been over.

A new thought just occurred to me now, it could have meant if they came in the house that night they would have found the man who took Jacob, and also the man who I have been protecting all these years.

D Rassier makes my hinky meter rise, more so over time. Going over his interviews, responses and cryptic comments, he just seem so "off ". The fact that LE did not thoroughly investigate this guy AND his property at that very night is just unimaginable to me. I suppose it depends if they asked the right questions too, like do you know who might have taken him FROM YOUR PROPERTY? All of the various agencies brought in and still he was pretty much left alone. Just so frustrating.

Advertisements for portable police scanners were frequent in Paynesville, MN, in the late 1980s - examples attached

A criminal who knows the whereabouts of law enforcement at any given moment can use that information to their advantage. A person of average intelligence can understand this and use it to his advantage. A criminal who is able to listen to law enforcement radio transmissions, for example, could use information obtained from those transmissions to further their criminal activity, hide criminal activity or avoid detection, assist in a get-away, or gain investigative information. Small town, rural police may be especially susceptible to this, as their daily routines may not vary much from one day to the next. In this manner, the activities and locations of law enforcement officers become predictable to the criminal. Knowing these things, a concerned citizen might even be inspired to write to the local newspaper editor wondering “Will our local police vary their activities so you don’t know where they will be at any given time?”

Such tactics could be used by anyone, anywhere in the U.S, in the late 1980s. For example, first available from your local Radio Shack store on November 30, 1987, the Realistic PRO-27 portable police scanner was priced at only $49.95 (1988 Radio Shack catalog, page 96, http://www.radioshackcatalogs.com/catalogs/1988/). By 1988, Radio Shack’s police call radio guide for Minnesota had increased one dollar in price from $6.95 to $7.95. (Radio Shack Cat. No. 62-1045). Very simple to set up and use, anyone with even a small income could afford such a device if they really wanted one - just a trip to Crossroads Mall. Simple technology affordable even to a person of simple means.

View a 26-year-old Realistic Pro 38 (1987) portable police scanner still fully functional in 2013: Realistic Pro 38 police scanner - YouTube

Despite several highly publicized abductions of boys in the decade preceding the Wetterling case (Etan Patz – May 25, 1979; Adam Walsh - July 27, 1981; Johnny Gosch – September 5, 1982; Eugene Wade Martin - August 12, 1984; Jacob Irwin Wetterling – October 22, 1989) local, state, and federal law enforcement authorities still did not fully understand who to look for by the time Jacob Wetterling was kidnapped. For example, the day after the Wetterling abduction occurred, Stearns County Sheriff Charlie Grafft helplessly remarked to the press “We have nothing to go on.” and “We just have no evidence.”

Serious empirical research (including detailed case studies) on the subject, no doubt fueled by public outrage over these and other high profile abductions, would not arrive until the early 1990s. Federal and state enactments and subsequent funding did eventually provide greater insight into the type of person who commits such acts.

If you expect to understand who abducted Jacob Wetterling, you must know who you are looking for (unlike law enforcement at the time of the abduction). Anything else is just guesswork and a waste of time, as evidenced by many, many years of postings in this thread on this web site.

Start here. Read this document in its entirety: http://www.yellodyno.com/pdf/OJJDP_Child_Molesters_Who_Abduct Children.pdf

Then, after reading the entire document, ask yourself who, if anyone, are you familiar with in relation to the Wetterling case that most closely resembles what you have learned from reading this research, particularly the case studies?

Prov. 11:14

Attachments

• Paynesville_Scanners.pdf
    603.5 KB · Views: 27
What role does Catholicism play in the transgenerational phenomenon of pederasty?

By now, we know that nearly every community in central Minnesota, down to the smallest of hamlets, has been frequented by one or more Catholic priests credibly accused of sexually abusing children at some point in the past. See the attached map and legend below, for example. We also know that some percentage of boys who are sexually molested go on to sexually molest other boys. Given the high historical prevalence of pederastic Catholic priests and Catholic institutions that have blanketed central Minnesota and saturated Stearns County, in particular, it seems plausible that a sexually-motivated kidnapping of an 11-year-old boy is in some way connected to Catholicism in the region.

If so, what is that connection? Pederast priests rarely seek their victims on remote country roads in the dark of night – they don’t need to; parents with good intentions serve up an annual smorgasbord of children to priests in Catholic grade schools, prep schools, and parish congregations throughout Minnesota and around the world. Of course, the road to Hell is paved with good intentions and, as someone once sang, Hell is for children . . .

Simply put, how directly or distantly linked is the disappearance of Jacob Wetterling to Catholicism? Are there historical dots that can be connected in the regional map? Sharpen your pencils . . .

January 2014 press release: http://stmedia.startribune.com/documents/2stcloud010414.pdf

“likely involved in the sexual abuse of minors”

1. Granite Falls, MN (not shown on map)
Francis Markey (male minors)

2. Eden Valley, MN
Peter Snyers (male minors)

3. Holdingford, MN

4. Melrose, MN
William Garding (male minor, convicted 10/1989, MN Case No. 56-K9-89-001559)
Richard Kujawa (male minor, from 1954-1961)
James Thoennes (male minors)
Vincent Yzermanns

5. Avon, MN
Robert Blumeyer (male minor)

6. Farming, MN

7. Spring Hill, MN
Joseph Kremer

8. Sartell, MN
Allan Speiser

9. Becker, MN
Allan Speiser

10. Sauk Rapids, MN
Joseph Kremer
Robert Smith
Allan Speiser

11. Waite Park, MN

12. Kimball, MN
Raymond Jacques

13. Royalton, MN
Valentine "Val" J. Klimek

14. Rockville, MN

15. Belle River, MN
Sylvester “Sy” Leonard Gall

16. Sauk Center, MN
Raymond Jacques
Robert Smith

17. Henning, MN (not shown on map)
John Eccleston
Richard Kujawa (boy from 1954-1961 when boy was 11-18)

18. Flensburg, MN
Richard Kujawa (boy from 1954-1961, when boy was age 11-18)

19. Opole, MN
Francis Zilkowski

20. Swanville, MN
Sylvester “Sy” Leonard Gall
Vincent Yzermanns

21. North Prairie, MN
Robert Smith

22. Brooten, MN
William Wey (male minor)

23. Sedan, MN
William Wey (male minor)

24. Dent, MN (not shown on map)
William Wey (male minor)

25. Little Falls, MN
John Eccleston
Stanislaus Goryczka
Francis Zilkowski
Reginald Krakovsky (male minor)

26. Belle Prairie, MN
Michael Brennan
Anthony Canu

27. Lastrup, MN
Sylvester Gall

28. Elmdale, MN
Stanislaus Goryczka

29. Cold Spring, MN
Thomas Gillespie (male minors)
Francis Hoefgen (male minor)
Brennan Maiers (male minors)
Francisco Schulte (male minors)

30. Staples, MN (not shown on map)
John Eccleston

31. Rice, MN

32. St. Joseph, MN
Cosmos Dalheimer (male minors)
Francis Hoefgen (male minors)
Othmar Hohmann (female minors)
Richard Kujawa (male minor, from 1954-1961)

<modsnip>

34. St. Cloud, MN
Cosmos Dalheimer (male minors)
Sylvester Gall
Reginald Krakowski (male minor)
Joseph C. Kremer
Robert Smith
Henry M. Lutgen
Allan Speiser
Roger Vaughn
Michael Weber (male minors)
William Wey (male minor)
Adelbert Wolski (male minor)
Vincent Arthur "Art" Yzermanns
Francis Zilkowski
John Lloyd Caskey (child *advertiser censored*, convicted 11/2007, MN Case No. 75-CR-08-47)
Victor Chateauvert (male minors; Crim Sex 2nd degree, convicted 2/1993, MN Case No. 18-K5-93-000026)
Paschal Brisson (male minors)
Cornelius DeVenster
Dominic (Joseph) Keller (male minors)
Richard Ohlemacher (male minors)

35. Harding, MN
Stanislaus Goryczka

36. Morris, MN
Raymond Jacques

37. Pierz, MN
Sylvester Gall
James Mohm
James Thoennes

38. Osakis, MN
James Mohm

39. Sobieski, MN
Robert Smith

I believe you had Raoul Gauthier on the list but was snipped. Here's an online article that does list Gauthier. In addition to Sauk Centre case listed here, he was also being investigated for incidents in St. Cloud in 1976. He shuffled off to Canada before he could be charged, and died in 1995 at age 92.

Unfortunately, I think your map could be duplicated across the country. Abuse in the Catholic church is very prevalent (and I'm Catholic).

http://wjon.com/st-cloud-bishop-releases-names-of-33-accused-priests/

My very close relative counseled the most disturbed of sex offenders. She quit one Friday as she could not take their justification and denial of the most heinous of crimes anymore. The average therapist lasts about two years.

She said that the majority of the offenders suffered emotional abuse rather than sexual. Interesting.

Too lazy to look up the statistics, but since I know and believe her, I feel it is true. But I have nothing to back it up.

I wonder if having nine children in a short time span with most of them being boys might have been an issue.

I was looking into Fr. William Garding's case because he is one of the few who were actually arrested for sexual abuse and did time. (And he was coincidentally convicted in Oct. 1989.) I was curious why he served time in prison, but other priests who had molested young boys had not, but were just on lenient "restrictions" at SJU.

While researching him I found this letter he wrote to the St. Cloud Times. This was written in 2003, and he was convicted and served time in Oct. of 1989. It seems odd to me that he is attacking the bishops and a former abuser of his, when he did the same thing.

http://www.bishop-accountability.org/news3/2003_02_08_StCloudTimes_BishopsAre_William_Garding_1.htm

I found more info on him here (link below) along with several Crosier priests that had not been mentioned on other released lists.
"Rev. William Garding (1939-2005), ordained 1982, accused of sexual abuse, convicted 1989. Wrote book &#8220;My Journey Alone&#8221; about his battle to suppress homosexuality and his quest for approval and love from adolescent male. parishioner. Privileges removed June 2002. Died after auto accident, November 2005.
Garding trial In 1989, 20-year-old man accused Garding of sexually abusing him over a three year period, beginning during confirmation classes. Pleaded guilty; sentenced to 6 month jail and 10 year stayed sentence.
Lawsuit 1991 Sued but suit dismissed, 1991."
http://www.eurekaencyclopedia.com/index.php/Category:Diocese_Of_St._Cloud

These other Eureka sites give detailed info on whistleblowers, abbey culture and a description of each priest pederast and his case (in alphabetical order):
http://www.eurekaencyclopedia.com/index.php/Category:St._John&#8217;s_Abbey_General
http://www.eurekaencyclopedia.com/index.php/Category:St._John&#8217;s_Abbey_Cases_A-L
http://www.eurekaencyclopedia.com/index.php/Category:St._John&#8217;s_Abbey_Cases_M-Z

We know there was a helicopter search for several hours overnight. We also know from Sheriff Charlie Grafft's account, that the chopper at one point nearly collided with the high wires in the area. There were wires going along the DR driveway. Is it possible that the "wash" from the chopper swept away any of the weaker scent traces in the areas where Jacob was no longer in contact with the ground??

If the helicopter was close to the ground, it sure could have scattered the skin cells around. A ground scent dog would have detected a scent, but been confused as they would no longer be a "trail". It would not have shown up as a sudden "stop" in the scent trail.

I still think Kevin person may have to be revisited. What time was he listening to the scanner? Was it legal to own a police scanner in 1989? What time was it a known kidnapping? What was the exact time he drove over the to DR's driveway? What if he was at the crime scene before it was a known kidnapping? Why wasn't his conversation with the police officer recorded the day of the kidnapping? Did DR see him driving the vehicle in the driveway? Why did the police believe his story and clear him so fast? Does Kevin have any connection to DR or a priest?

I guess my nagging question would be....

Is anyone within County Government or the Sheriff's department now or at any time during this case related to or involved with one or more of the POI's in any way, shape or form?

Can "the new cop" remember if he was parked at Colton's dentist office and saw Kevin that night? Can the Tom Thumb worker remember Kevin coming in? I re-read Joy's story from Kevin. It said that he claimed he went to bed at 1am and didn't know a child was missing, but then it said he saw the bikes in the ditch wanted to put them in his trunk because he thought they were stolen. Kevin claimed he went all the way up the driveway to turn around. Is that what the tire tracks indicate? DR said he saw a small dark car and not the big, tan grand prix Kevin claimed to be driving. Was Kevin the art student who claimed he was looking for places to sketch? He saw 3 pollice cars whiz by, but then saw one at the dentist office and talked to him? Joy said St Joseph's only had 3 police officers a the time. I wonder if she was including the sargeant. Can Kevin verify the "medical cop" he saw at tom thumb? Did it look like Feeney?

http://www.joybaker.com/2013/03/14/back-to-jacob-kevins-story/

I still think Kevin person may have to be revisited. What time was he listening to the scanner? Was it legal to own a police scanner in 1989? What time was it a known kidnapping? What was the exact time he drove over the to DR's driveway? What if he was at the crime scene before it was a known kidnapping? Why wasn't his conversation with the police officer recorded the day of the kidnapping? Did DR see him driving the vehicle in the driveway? Why did the police believe his story and clear him so fast? Does Kevin have any connection to DR or a priest?

What I recall from Kevin's latest description was that Kevin was at his girlfriend's house and her mom had a scanner going and they heard it and both he and his gf and his brother and brother's wife decided to go check it out in 2 separate vehicles. The brother gave up right away and he and his wife left and went home. Kevin and his gf continued looking, going all the way into DR's driveway and turning around after not seeing anything further ahead on the dead end road. Then they went to Tom Thumb, then they crossed the road from Tom Thumb and talked to someone in a police type looking vehicle and reported the bikes in the ditch. (The story we had always heard before that was that Kevin heard the info on the scanner, jumped in his car and got there before the cops. He turned around in the entrance of DR's driveway, talked with a cop at the scene, and left.)

I think owning a scanner must have been legal if they were selling them at Radio Shack as Mossad pointed out.

I do wonder if he was known to the police, perhaps a policeman's son or relative? that they cleared him so fast.

Kevin said he was driving his girlfriend's tan grand prix (which kind of looks like a monte carlo).

According to DR, he did see Kevin's car, but it was during the day: "Suddenly, out of nowhere, a big tan-colored car (possibly a 1972-1978 Monte Carlo with a white vinyl top) comes racing down the driveway. When it reaches the farmyard, the car whips a u-turn (dust flying everywhere, like a stunt car), and goes racing back out of the driveway. He has never seen anything like this happen at their farm before."

Then after his jog, a shower and getting something to eat, it is dark outside. He sees another car in the driveway: "The window is still open, and Dan hears a car coming up his driveway. He shuts off his light so he can see who it is. He&#8217;s a little unnerved, wondering if it&#8217;s the same car he saw earlier in the day. It&#8217;s a different car this time. This one is small and dark &#8211; possibly dark blue or black. It pulls in and makes a u-turn in exactly the same spot as the previous car, and while it&#8217;s not moving as fast and furious as that car, it&#8217;s still moving along at a pretty fast clip. In the passenger seat, Dan sees a woman, (or possibly a child) staring out the passenger window with his/her hands cupped over his/her eyes. (NOTE, Dan is the first to admit he&#8217;s a little fuzzy about his memory of the passenger staring out the car window. Very early in the investigation, within weeks of Jacob&#8217;s abduction, he agreed to be hypnotized to see if he could help uncover more information. He&#8217;s not sure if his memory of the woman/child in the car was a result of being hypnotized, or if this is something he recalled on his own.) Regardless, Dan is again certain about the color and size of the car&#8230; small and dark&#8230; possibly a small sedan or hatchback. "

Kevin said he was driving his girlfriend's tan grand prix (which kind of looks like a monte carlo).

According to DR, he did see Kevin's car, but it was during the day: "Suddenly, out of nowhere, a big tan-colored car (possibly a 1972-1978 Monte Carlo with a white vinyl top) comes racing down the driveway. When it reaches the farmyard, the car whips a u-turn (dust flying everywhere, like a stunt car), and goes racing back out of the driveway. He has never seen anything like this happen at their farm before."

Then after his jog, a shower and getting something to eat, it is dark outside. He sees another car in the driveway: "The window is still open, and Dan hears a car coming up his driveway. He shuts off his light so he can see who it is. He’s a little unnerved, wondering if it’s the same car he saw earlier in the day. It’s a different car this time. This one is small and dark – possibly dark blue or black. It pulls in and makes a u-turn in exactly the same spot as the previous car, and while it’s not moving as fast and furious as that car, it’s still moving along at a pretty fast clip. In the passenger seat, Dan sees a woman, (or possibly a child) staring out the passenger window with his/her hands cupped over his/her eyes. (NOTE, Dan is the first to admit he’s a little fuzzy about his memory of the passenger staring out the car window. Very early in the investigation, within weeks of Jacob’s abduction, he agreed to be hypnotized to see if he could help uncover more information. He’s not sure if his memory of the woman/child in the car was a result of being hypnotized, or if this is something he recalled on his own.) Regardless, Dan is again certain about the color and size of the car… small and dark… possibly a small sedan or hatchback. "

IMO, in that first paragraph, the car going fast in the afternoon (if it ever even happened) was probably someone who had too much to drink at the polka fest just down the road, and thought DR's driveway was a road back to St. Cloud, and once they got up in the yard far enough to see it was a house with a private drive, they got out of there as fast as they could.

I don't get DR's big alarmist over reaction at some car going fast in his driveway anyway. Did he panic because he thought his folks had come back early? Who did he think it was that he was so freaked out by that? I mean, he was in his mid 30's at the time, it's not like he was a little kid home alone.

I think he was freaked out about the first car because it came all the way up to the house so fast, whipping a u turn and raced back out of the driveway. I am assuming he is used to people parking in the driveway, driving up thinking it is a road then noticing it isn't a road and turning around slowly (realizing they may be trespassing). It is an isolated area and most people who live in town know that his driveway is not a road. He may not get a bunch of people who come all the way up to the farmhouse. You are right though. It could have been someone from the Delwin who had been drinking from the polka fest.

I wonder why Kevin changed the story about turning around in the driveway entrance to going all the way up the driveway. It also varies a little from talking to a policeman on the scene from talking to "the new cop" parked at the dentist.

I agree. Lots of good questions. This is why I was curious to know if Kevin's tracks were in fact matched to his girlfriend's vehicle. It would eliminate one vehicle for sure from DR's car stories but according to DR there's still another car(small, dark blue or black). Speculating here...what if Kevin was indeed the crazy driver that afternoon in the Monte Carlo(he denied it) and that those tracks were indeed verified. Then where does the small dark car tracks fit in? Could it have been one of DR's cars? This would mean all tracks identified. However, something's wrong with the scenario as Kevin's testimony is he was not the afternoon driver but did drive all the way to the farmstead that night and those tracks were the tracks in question leading to LE pursuing the abduction by car scenario. My question is: WHEN did DR make the statement that he'd seen a Monte Carlo drive crazily through the farmstead that afternoon? Is it documented anywhere? Was it pre-2004 or post-2004? Is it a coincidence that the crazy car in the afternoon and Kevin's car that night are nearly the same description? If Kevin's testimony was corroborated by physical evidence then the afternoon car is unidentified or he's lying. If Kevin is telling the truth then either LE did not or could not identify the afternoon car tracks OR.. DR made it up. In any case, somebody's lying because LE's, Kevin's, and DR's stories don't jibe. In the end(according to DR) we still have 2 unidentified cars, the afternoon tan mid-size car and the night dark smaller car.

In March 1990, Dwayne Hood, a 32 year old journalist from Nashville, TN became interested in Jacob's case. He had applied to work at the St. Cloud times, and to show his interest in the area ordered copies of the St. Cloud Times editions printed in the days following Jacob's abduction.

The next day, the FBI came knocking on Hood's door. They asked him questions about his job, his whereabouts, etc. The took mugshots of his front and side views, and took pictures of his car as well.

More telling, the FBI removed the REAR tires from his car and photographed the tire treads. This is interesting because it supports LE's initial theory that Jacob's perp was parked in DR's driveway and drove out of it (rather than backed out). This theory was most likely based on Dan Rassier's eyewitness account that he had seen a car turn around in his driveway at about the time of the abduction.

All this talk of cars in the driveway. It just so happens I've been reviewing articles from the first couple of months following Jacob's abduction. LE asked for the public's help in finding as many as 6 cars in the Wetterling neighborhood and / or nearby streets. Some were seen the day of the abduction, others as much as 6 weeks prior.

But, what is missing from any article I can find, is LE asking the public's help in identifying a car that was seen in the driveway by the abduction scene. The only mention of such a car is by witness Dan Rassier, as quoted on the day following the abduction. As far as I can tell, there was never a plea printed in The Times for information about such a car.

In March 1990, Dwayne Hood, a 32 year old journalist from Nashville, TN became interested in Jacob's case. He had applied to work at the St. Cloud times, and to show his interest in the area ordered copies of the St. Cloud Times editions printed in the days following Jacob's abduction.

The next day, the FBI came knocking on Hood's door. They asked him questions about his job, his whereabouts, etc. The took mugshots of his front and side views, and took pictures of his car as well.

More telling, the FBI removed the REAR tires from his car and photographed the tire treads. This is interesting because it supports LE's initial theory that Jacob's perp was parked in DR's driveway and drove out of it (rather than backed out). This theory was most likely based on Dan Rassier's eyewitness account that he had seen a car turn around in his driveway at about the time of the abduction.

Did you find an article on this Dwayne H, in the Times or some other paper? Pretty weird his initials were DH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member