MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cold Spring Roccori has an elementary school, middle and high school. Anyone know which he taught?

Cold Spring Roccori has an elementary school, middle and high school. Anyone know which he taught?

I believe it was middle school. Someone that worked for me at one time had him as her band teacher in fifth and sixth grade. Also, if he was a high school band teacher then he would have been required to be at the band fundraiser that Riccori held in Cold Spring on the night of Jared's abduction.

Trackergd....given all of that...do you think it possible that Jacob could have been hidden on the farmstead property undetected?

Abducted victims have been hidden in underground rooms prepared for just that purpose and not been detected by LE in the past. So yes it is possible.

Common, no. Possible, yes.

Just as possible that he was put in a vehicle and driven off after the other two boys had run far enough away.

Either would explain the lack of a scent trail beyond a point, however, even carrying him under one arm would have left skin cells for a scent trail, and a strong one where the struggle occurred.

In the case of Somer Thompson in florida, the dogs were in the kidnapper/killers yard. She was killed at his house . She walked up to his house.

Nary a hit by the dogs that were brought in. I have read other stories where dogs did not hit, but that one is the most memorable to me. So, dogs not getting a scent mean zero to me.

In the case of Somer Thompson in florida, the dogs were in the kidnapper/killers yard. She was killed at his house . She walked up to his house.

Nary a hit by the dogs that were brought in. I have read other stories where dogs did not hit, but that one is the most memorable to me. So, dogs not getting a scent mean zero to me.

In that particular instance, air scent dogs might have not gotten a hit as there was no airborne scent cone.

I wish I had a dollar for every time the incorrect type scent dog was used in a case.

Good point on wondering when he packed the car, Marlins. DR made that statement about taking his car full of instruments past LE in a couple of his TV interviews, that may be why you can't find it in print. I suppose he could have done it on Saturday. It would be interesting to find out when the instruments went in there.

based on DRs statements regarding his activities on Sunday and based on his statement that he drove by LE on Monday morning with his car full of musical instruments. I guess one would have to assume that the only day he could have possibly packed his car was on Saturday.. However, why would he pack his car on Saturday knowing that he didn't have to return the items to the school until Monday? This seems kind of strange to me...

Another possible scenario is that DR abducted Jacob and once he got a little way up his driveway he dragged Jacob into his own vehicle. He may have drove and parked the vehicle in one of the many barns on the farm.

Usually barns have lots of junk and being that DR was a music teacher, its possible the barn may have contained musical instrument cases. I dont think it really mattered what kind of junk he put in the car, what mattered to him was getting passed LE on Monday morning. He must have know that the clock was ticking and he probably figured that it was only a matter of time before LE searched his home and outbuildings for Jacob. IMO the car was packed shortly after jacob went missing.

I really have trouble with DR's statement about the boxes in the car. I seem to recall DR saying he had a car full of boxes driving past the police. However, most instruments come in cases (unless they are some percussion items) and are usually stored at school because they are school property or are stored at the child's home because they are the child's property. Unless DR owns a bunch of instruments that he lets students borrow, why would he have "boxes" of instruments? His explanation of instruments and boxes just doesn't make sense to me somehow. Maybe I am making a big deal out of nothing, but I still can't get past this statement and all the conflicting stories he has.

DR also strikes me as a LITERAL type of quirky person who is trying to make himself believe he didn't kidnap Jacob. Maybe he didn't technically do the abduction which makes his statement true, but I think he knows who did or has knowledge of the event. Some quirky people take and pick apart statements to twist to their advantage and to allow their conscience to settle down a little, to make themselves believe what they are saying is true. Maybe he didn't abduct him but maybe he transported Jacob somewhere.

A few days ago on some news website a killer said that he didn't kill the victim, "only slit the guy's throat." His partner stabbed the victim 50 times so his partner was the actual killer. Not him.

Not sure about band teachers, but our school's orchestra/strings teacher is always hauling a minivan load of stuff and comes in each day with a dolly. However, she would never leave instruments in the car over night. Again, not sure about band, but string instruments get out of tune with cold or hot weather. I can't imagine he would have loaded any other time than Monday morning if they were really instruments. Music teachers also sometimes have other stuff to haul, like music stands. Seems silly, but the stands are expensive and if you are teaching in a few schools, you might have to bring the same stands each day to each school. Our teacher does.

I also was starting to think that if it has to be that Jacob was put in a car, and if we have to believe DR was involved, then doesn't it have to mean that DR put Jacob in his car and took him somewhere (on or off farm) that the dog nose couldn't follow?

My top theory still includes another person/adbuctor, so need to think more about how that person fits the idea of it being DR's car and what happened next.

I'm also still really bothered learning that the car with the boy urinating on the side of the road (212?) was eventually pulled over and the guy had two guns and was alone. Who was that? White car, I believe, and pulled over in Eden Prairie. Someone posted that this month. I'm disturbed that he wasn't held in connection with the case, considering the witness. Wondering what happened there, and if it relates to what Trackerd was saying about departments not talking to each other.

I really have trouble with DR's statement about the boxes in the car. I seem to recall DR saying he had a car full of boxes driving past the police. However, most instruments come in cases (unless they are some percussion items) and are usually stored at school because they are school property or are stored at the child's home because they are the child's property. Unless DR owns a bunch of instruments that he lets students borrow, why would he have "boxes" of instruments? His explanation of instruments and boxes just doesn't make sense to me somehow. Maybe I am making a big deal out of nothing, but I still can't get past this statement and all the conflicting stories he has.

JBrown: According to Dan's more recent interviews, he never said "boxes" - he started to say "I had my car full of..." and then the reporter interrupted him and said "boxes, big boxes" (although he did not correct her at the time) - see excerpt from transcript below. (This transcript is from the original interview with DR from back in 2004 - before they had named him publicly as a suspect and they were still blurring his face to hide his identity and referring to him as "the man.")

"FOX 9 won’t identify this man because he hasn’t been arrested or charged. He lives near the abduction site. He was home alone on October 22, 1989. There is no one to confirm his whereabouts. Police questioned him the day after the abduction, more as a witness than a possible suspect.
The Man: “They needed to check me out. They said they had to check me out.”
They searched his car at work but not until later in the day.
The Man: “That morning when I left, I had a car full of …”
Trish Van Pilsum: “Boxes. Big boxes.”
The Man: “… and they never looked in my car. I mean it was that bad.”
They searched his property, too. But not until five days later.
The Man: “They didn’t come in the house that night. It could have been over with.”

This is the original link for the video, but it has since been removed. http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/dpp/...ng-neighbor-in-2004-fox-9-report-june-30-2010

Marlins: JMO, I doubt if DR would have tried loading a body in his car, even under boxes or instruments, to try and get past LE - he had no way of knowing they weren't going to bother to look in his car as he left. While I think he may have been involved somehow, either knowing who did it, or covering for someone after the fact, I really don't see him transporting bodies in his car.

LE did check out his car the next day at school and would have found evidence of a body being stored in there or transported in there.

They did show them standing by a car in that Trish Van Pilsum video, but I don't know if that was Dan's car, or if they were just standing in the parking lot. I don't recall what make it was anyway, so it probably wouldn't help. I vaguely remember the car they were standing behind being a light tan color, but I couldn't swear to that.

I found a photo of the interview and it shows DR (with face blurred) and Trish standing along side a car which appears to be a light beige or tan color. I don't know car models, and am not positive that is his car, but, JBrown, it may help you figure out what kind of car he drove in 1989 - if that is his car.

Scroll down to about the 5th picture here:
http://www.immelman.us/news/jacob-wetterling-rassier-search/

shergal, it is hard to tell from that picture, but thank you for trying. it looks like he is standing in a parking lot of a school, city building or church. It may not be his car and since the interview was done 15 years after the abduction, if it was his car, he probably had a different one at the time of the abduction.

Thanks for putting the quote from the interview above. Proves that the news reporter said "boxes" were in his car and not DR. You and Marzipan also have a good point about him most likely not having anything in the car. They could have very well searched his car but didn't. It would have been pretty risky to do. Not unheard of, but risky.

shergal, it is hard to tell from that picture, but thank you for trying. it looks like he is standing in a parking lot of a school, city building or church. It may not be his car and since the interview was done 15 years after the abduction, if it was his car, he probably had a different one at the time of the abduction.

Thanks for putting the quote from the interview above. Proves that the news reporter said "boxes" were in his car and not DR. You and Marzipan also have a good point about him most likely not having anything in the car. They could have very well searched his car but didn't. It would have been pretty risky to do. Not unheard of, but risky.

I never even thought about the interview being so long after the abduction. Never mind. LOL.

The article about Somer Thompson indicates that the dogs did not pick up her scent in the backyard but as I read about the case her abductor brought her in through the front door. The SAR dogs seem hit and miss depending upon the case.

What role does Catholicism play in the transgenerational phenomenon of pederasty?

By now, we know that nearly every community in central Minnesota, down to the smallest of hamlets, has been frequented by one or more Catholic priests credibly accused of sexually abusing children at some point in the past. See the attached map and legend below, for example. We also know that some percentage of boys who are sexually molested go on to sexually molest other boys. Given the high historical prevalence of pederastic Catholic priests and Catholic institutions that have blanketed central Minnesota and saturated Stearns County, in particular, it seems plausible that a sexually-motivated kidnapping of an 11-year-old boy is in some way connected to Catholicism in the region.

If so, what is that connection? Pederast priests rarely seek their victims on remote country roads in the dark of night – they don’t need to; parents with good intentions serve up an annual smorgasbord of children to priests in Catholic grade schools, prep schools, and parish congregations throughout Minnesota and around the world. Of course, the road to Hell is paved with good intentions and, as someone once sang, Hell is for children . . .

Simply put, how directly or distantly linked is the disappearance of Jacob Wetterling to Catholicism? Are there historical dots that can be connected in the regional map? Sharpen your pencils . . .

January 2014 press release: http://stmedia.startribune.com/documents/2stcloud010414.pdf

“likely involved in the sexual abuse of minors”

1. Granite Falls, MN (not shown on map)
Francis Markey (male minors)

2. Eden Valley, MN
Peter Snyers (male minors)

3. Holdingford, MN

4. Melrose, MN
William Garding (male minor, convicted 10/1989, MN Case No. 56-K9-89-001559)
Richard Kujawa (male minor, from 1954-1961)
James Thoennes (male minors)
Vincent Yzermanns

5. Avon, MN
Robert Blumeyer (male minor)

6. Farming, MN

7. Spring Hill, MN
Joseph Kremer

8. Sartell, MN
Allan Speiser

9. Becker, MN
Allan Speiser

10. Sauk Rapids, MN
Joseph Kremer
Robert Smith
Allan Speiser

11. Waite Park, MN

12. Kimball, MN
Raymond Jacques

13. Royalton, MN
Valentine "Val" J. Klimek

14. Rockville, MN

15. Belle River, MN
Sylvester “Sy” Leonard Gall

16. Sauk Center, MN
Raymond Jacques
Robert Smith

17. Henning, MN (not shown on map)
John Eccleston
Richard Kujawa (boy from 1954-1961 when boy was 11-18)

18. Flensburg, MN
Richard Kujawa (boy from 1954-1961, when boy was age 11-18)

19. Opole, MN
Francis Zilkowski

20. Swanville, MN
Sylvester “Sy” Leonard Gall
Vincent Yzermanns

21. North Prairie, MN
Robert Smith

22. Brooten, MN
William Wey (male minor)

23. Sedan, MN
William Wey (male minor)

24. Dent, MN (not shown on map)
William Wey (male minor)

25. Little Falls, MN
John Eccleston
Stanislaus Goryczka
Francis Zilkowski
Reginald Krakovsky (male minor)

26. Belle Prairie, MN
Michael Brennan
Anthony Canu

27. Lastrup, MN
Sylvester Gall

28. Elmdale, MN
Stanislaus Goryczka

29. Cold Spring, MN
Thomas Gillespie (male minors)
Francis Hoefgen (male minor)
Brennan Maiers (male minors)
Francisco Schulte (male minors)

30. Staples, MN (not shown on map)
John Eccleston

31. Rice, MN

32. St. Joseph, MN
Cosmos Dalheimer (male minors)
Francis Hoefgen (male minors)
Othmar Hohmann (female minors)
Richard Kujawa (male minor, from 1954-1961)

<modsnip>

34. St. Cloud, MN
Cosmos Dalheimer (male minors)
Sylvester Gall
Reginald Krakowski (male minor)
Joseph C. Kremer
Robert Smith
Henry M. Lutgen
Allan Speiser
Roger Vaughn
Michael Weber (male minors)
William Wey (male minor)
Adelbert Wolski (male minor)
Vincent Arthur "Art" Yzermanns
Francis Zilkowski
John Lloyd Caskey (child *advertiser censored*, convicted 11/2007, MN Case No. 75-CR-08-47)
Victor Chateauvert (male minors; Crim Sex 2nd degree, convicted 2/1993, MN Case No. 18-K5-93-000026)
Paschal Brisson (male minors)
Cornelius DeVenster
Dominic (Joseph) Keller (male minors)
Richard Ohlemacher (male minors)

35. Harding, MN
Stanislaus Goryczka

36. Morris, MN
Raymond Jacques

37. Pierz, MN
Sylvester Gall
James Mohm
James Thoennes

38. Osakis, MN
James Mohm

39. Sobieski, MN
Robert Smith

Prov. 11:14

Attachments

• Region Map.jpg
    Region Map.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 32
In that particular instance, air scent dogs might have not gotten a hit as there was no airborne scent cone.

I wish I had a dollar for every time the incorrect type scent dog was used in a case.

We know there was a helicopter search for several hours overnight. We also know from Sheriff Charlie Grafft's account, that the chopper at one point nearly collided with the high wires in the area. There were wires going along the DR driveway. Is it possible that the "wash" from the chopper swept away any of the weaker scent traces in the areas where Jacob was no longer in contact with the ground??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spurr15