MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did they dismiss DAH for the Paynesville crimes?

He must not have done Jared because Jared would have Id'd him.

Here are some photos of the area from which Jacob was abducted.

Note: These are relatively recent photos, not from 1989:

Image1205 - This is from the abduction spot looking east, up the Rassier driveway. Note that the grade is uphill from the road. Also note the woodpile in the background, left. Back in 1989 there was a barbed wire fence along the ditch to the left side. The first pole seen in the photo was the 2nd pole in 1989. That's about the location in the driveway where Jacob's footprints were last noted.

Image1206 - This is from the abduction spot looking west. This is the direction that Trevor and Aaron ran, and then would have turned left to go to the Wetterling home.

Image1175 - This is the view from the crest of the hill, looking south. DR's driveway is on the left, Schriefel's on the right.

Image1176 - This is the view from the abduction spot, looking south.

Attachments

• IMAG1205.jpg
    IMAG1205.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 70
  • IMAG1206.jpg
    IMAG1206.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 67
  • IMAG1175.jpg
    IMAG1175.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 66
  • IMAG1179.jpg
    IMAG1179.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 70

Interesting indeed! Tim Huber would have been just 23 at the time of Jacob's abduction, and Jared's. Seems young compared to the descriptions of the perp given at the time. Delbert has always looked to us like the man at the convenience store.

I've seen articles that suggest that Tim Larson (the teacher they murdered) had accused Huber of being involved in Jacob's kidnapping. That's been publicly known for awhile though, so hard to believe it would not have been thoroughly vetted at the time. But, who knows.

I wonder if they liked polka music?

To me, the ditches look deep. No place to park.

To me, the ditches look deep. No place to park.

The ditches were likely passable in dry weather. Didn't Dan Rassier say that was how he left the next morning, through the ditch? Or maybe he went around back by the Del Win?

But, certainly would have left a noticeable path - we would have heard about that if there were tracks in the ditch.

You know what I find interesting? When Patty Wetterling met with DR, he denied having anything to do with the abduction of Jacob but offered up the idea that whoever took (killed) Jacob could have buried him in their gravel pit. Why would he say that if he has said ' find the guy driving the gold car up my driveway in the middle of the day and you have your kidnapper.' Which would mean clearly that the kidnapper took Jacob elsewhere in a car. He also stated he saw a dark car pull up his driveway and saw a child or woman in the passenger seat that night. He has stated before that there was a car involved that the police are not considering. That being said, why would he tell Patty that the kidnapper would bury Jacob on his property? It makes no sense. DR's car theory means someone took Jacob off DR's property, why would they bury Jacob in DR's gravel pit if they took him away? Was he saying the kidnapper took Jacob, killed him, buried him in the gravel pit and left the property before the police arrived? Makes no sense at all.

:seeya:
You know what I find interesting? When Patty Wetterling met with DR, he denied having anything to do with the abduction of Jacob but offered up the idea that whoever took (killed) Jacob could have buried him in their gravel pit. Why would he say that if he has said ' find the guy driving the gold car up my driveway in the middle of the day and you have your kidnapper.' Which would mean clearly that the kidnapper took Jacob elsewhere in a car. He also stated he saw a dark car pull up his driveway and saw a child or woman in the passenger seat that night. He has stated before that there was a car involved that the police are not considering. That being said, why would he tell Patty that the kidnapper would bury Jacob on his property? It makes no sense. DR's car theory means someone took Jacob off DR's property, why would they bury Jacob in DR's gravel pit if they took him away? Was he saying the kidnapper took Jacob, killed him, buried him in the gravel pit and left the property before the police arrived? Makes no sense at all.

Exactly. Also, there is one statement that every time I read it I get chills. " they didn't come into the house that night, if they had it would have been over that night". Paraphrasing, may not be exact wording, but the gist. What does that mean? I read it that they'd have found him then.

Was Jared's abduction published in the local paper or was his assault on the news at the time? Or did it come out after Jacob's abduction?

Here's a quote from the article about the Hubers. This paragraph doesn't make sense. They say there is no home left, then say that there is a main house and other structures. So which is it?!

"If Delbert Huber is a suspect in the disappearance of Wetterling or in any of the Paynesville 5 cases, detectives more than likely want to search his home for evidence -- but therein is the problem. There is no home left. Satellite imagery from a couple years ago shows a significant farmstead on the outskirts of Paynesville, with a main house and several other structures."

Read more: WHERE'S WETTERLING? Police interview suspects in prison - KMSP-TV http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/stor...ce-interview-suspects-in-prison#ixzz32M70d9vt

Was Jared's abduction published in the local paper or was his assault on the news at the time? Or did it come out after Jacob's abduction?

Yes. Jared's assault was reported in the Cold Spring Record four days after it happened, and again two to three weeks later. The story was also covered in the St Cloud Times in February 1989.

Yes. Jared's assault was reported in the Cold Spring Record four days after it happened, and again two to three weeks later. The story was also covered in the St Cloud Times in February 1989.

Such a perfect set-up for a copy cat crime! The suspect sketch and MO are in the paper, all DR had to do was copy it and he knew the heat would be on someone else immediately based on Jared's description.

He must have fantasized about this and planned it out until the opportunity presented itself. Wow, seems obvious now. Was there a car involved in the Paynesville incidents?

My opinion

The ditches were likely passable in dry weather. Didn't Dan Rassier say that was how he left the next morning, through the ditch? Or maybe he went around back by the Del Win?

But, certainly would have left a noticeable path - we would have heard about that if there were tracks in the ditch.

Um , passable? That is not the issue. You cannot drive your car down a ditch and expect the parts underneath to survive,

Interesting indeed! Tim Huber would have been just 23 at the time of Jacob's abduction, and Jared's. Seems young compared to the descriptions of the perp given at the time. Delbert has always looked to us like the man at the convenience store.

I've seen articles that suggest that Tim Larson (the teacher they murdered) had accused Huber of being involved in Jacob's kidnapping. That's been publicly known for awhile though, so hard to believe it would not have been thoroughly vetted at the time. But, who knows.

Now that we have heard the pains LE took to bring Jared to different cars and test them to see if any matched the one he was in, I find it IMPOSSIBLE to believe that LE did not trot the employees of the Tom Thumb to look at the Hubers for ID purposes.

I think there is some media spin. First it was said that LE did not know that the Paynesville incidents had happened. False.

It was stated on Joy's blog, though removed, that the Huber's were the ones who did Jacob. I wonder where the truth in any of this is

:seeya:

Exactly. Also, there is one statement that every time I read it I get chills. " they didn't come into the house that night, if they had it would have been over that night". Paraphrasing, may not be exact wording, but the gist. What does that mean? I read it that they'd have found him then.

DR has made so many odd statements it's no wonder he was named a POI...like the Monte Carlo he describes driving recklessly up his driveway that afternoon. Wouldn't that have left very vivid tire tracks? LE knows they are not there and also know that an innocent person wouldn't need to lie about such a thing.

Such a perfect set-up for a copy cat crime! The suspect sketch and MO are in the paper, all DR had to do was copy it and he knew the heat would be on someone else immediately based on Jared's description.

He must have fantasized about this and planned it out until the opportunity presented itself. Wow, seems obvious now. Was there a car involved in the Paynesville incidents?a

My opinion

Furthermore, I believe the Cold Spring police went to the school with information about Jareds abduction. If so, taut would further support the suggestion of a copy cat crime, as Rassier was a teacher at Cold Spring at the time.

I want to bring up a point again about Rassier, for newcomers. On the night of Jared's abduction I believe he was playing in Betty Wolf's solo band, in Eden Valley. I found the newspaper advertisement for that event some time ago.

It's wonderful to see this case is still very active!

I have always leaned towards DR, but without solid evidence I know it's important to keep an open mind. The fact that there was a polka fest that day mere blocks from the abduction does lend itself to the possibility of an out-of-towner committing the crime.

In fact, the abductor could have left his car at the DelWin Ballroom and carried JW there through the woods...it's not that far.

http://www.joybaker.com/wp-content/2013/04/Image-6.jpg

Ballroom is in upper right corner.

It's wonderful to see this case is still very active!

I have always leaned towards DR, but without solid evidence I know it's important to keep an open mind. The fact that there was a polka fest that day mere blocks from the abduction does lend itself to the possibility of an out-of-towner committing the crime.

In fact, the abductor could have left his car at the DelWin Ballroom and carried JW there through the woods...it's not that far.

http://www.joybaker.com/wp-content/2013/04/Image-6-400x300.jpg

Ballroom is in upper right corner.

Yes I had thought this case seemed dead in the water, I was dead wrong. When did the festivities at the ballroom begin and end? I think it would be very risky to haul Jacob back to where a lot of people are going in and out of that place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NarratrixofNightmares