MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know 99.99999 % that there is no body buried on my property, but if someone asked me where COULD someone bury a body IF such a thing happened, I guess I would say my wildflower garden. Or maybe by the treehouse. Because those are the best places I could think of in answer to the question as asked. Now please don't go dig up my wildflower garden!

DR is my top suspect, but from that interview about his convo with Patty, I'm as bothered by his saying that, indeed, 21 years IS too long to not talk. Because if he has nothing to do with it, why is 21 years too long to not talk to each other? Maybe I pick on the really subtle things and ignore things that could be more important, but that's one of the subtle things that I woke up thinking about day after seeing the interview.

Would you really say that as what are the chances someone could dig in your garden without you knowing it?

Was there a car involved in the Paynesville assaults? If so, make/model/color and any and all details with regards to those incidents.

Was there a car involved in the Paynesville assaults? If so, make/model/color and any and all details with regards to those incidents.

For sure in jareds abduction there was, and im not understanding why we dont know those details. Along with maybe knowing the color of the perps eyes.

As far as I understand it, no, there wasn't a car involved. The perp was on foot and one of the witnesses said 'he could run fast'.

The former is politically correct. The latter is not.

Dormitories are now 'Residence Halls
Killball(dodgeball) is now 'Cooperative Ball Sharing'

and I'm not kidding....

I haven't seen anything regarding it being a PC thing.

My 3 kids still play dodgeball in school.

The former is politically correct. The latter is not.

Dormitories are now 'Residence Halls
Killball(dodgeball) is now 'Cooperative Ball Sharing'

and I'm not kidding....

"Suspect" implies a higher level of suspicion than a "POI" that only implies that
a serious look is being taken at that person. In practical terms, you might get away without "mirandizing" a POI but you could never get away without mirandizing a "Suspect". That would probably the main reason a Dept restrict the use of the term "suspect".

As far as I understand it, no, there wasn't a car involved. The perp was on foot and one of the witnesses said 'he could run fast'.

None of the victims in Paynesville reported a vehicle in use during the assaults. I suspect, however, that the perp used a vehicle to observe the kids who walked around town late at night and learn where they lived, where they were coming from. And adult on foot late at night would have stood out and, in such a small town, would be likely to be recognized. My guess is that the perp choose a target, planned to intercept him at an appropriate point along his anticipated route, and then parked his car near by where it would not be seen in order to make an escape. It is very possible that this is what the perp was up to in Jacob's abduction. If so, something went very wrong or there was a significant escalation of the assault.

Jarad's case was different in that a car was used in the assault. I've wondered if there was simply no place to conceal a vehicle along Jarad's walk home so the perp used a different tact.

Realistically, a vehicle is a good way for a perp mto get away from the scene of the fast, but an "out of place" vehicle would be more likely to be noticed and identified than a lone adult male on foot.

"Suspect" implies a higher level of suspicion than a "POI" that only implies that
a serious look is being taken at that person. In practical terms, you might get away without "mirandizing" a POI but you could never get away without mirandizing a "Suspect". That would probably the main reason a Dept restrict the use of the term "suspect".

It looks like a lot of times LE uses them interchangibly.

I think sometimes we overthink things. Sunday night, dead end road parents are gone, opportunities. DR didn't call 911 until 2 hours after Jacob was abducted. The kids didn't see a car. That's a long time.

I think sometimes we overthink things. Sunday night, dead end road parents are gone, opportunities. DR didn't call 911 until 2 hours after Jacob was abducted. The kids didn't see a car. That's a long time.

There is criminal profilers and psychologists that whole heartedly agree with you. But until Dr is arrested we must keep the discussion open.

Thanks for the clarification. I understand there is a difference in degree between the terms but would you agree that in this case both terms are applicable as applied by LE?

I'm taking exception to "adorable Minnesotans," as if there's something wrong with being from this state. I'm guessing that Minnesota actually has less sexual assaults than most states. Minnesota has, for the most part, a very conservative people.

Huh? I am from Minnesota and we have talked about such charmers as the Hubers and DAH.

Actually, Minnesota has an incredibly high rate but it is thought because people report more than in other states.

I believe we are third in the US for alcoholism which is correlated with sexual assaults.

I think if you look at the voting record of Minnesota, conservative are not us, but there certainly are a lot of conservatives prosecuted for sex crimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elle C