MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All the commotion and confusion of a vehicle involved is astounding. I have been to the site, there was no vehicle.

Hi all,

This is my first post. I'm still catching up on this long topic, but wanted to post the following questions to see if I can get any answers:

1. Where exactly was the sock found? I know it was about 100 yards from the abduction site and close to a road, but that is all I know. I'm predicting it was on the straight line running the length of the log pile but am not sure.
2. What is "Kevin's" last name? (if policy allows that answer). I'm talking about the guy that drove up DR's driveway. What is the name of his girlfriend that rode with him? Any info at all on these two? I know what he was driving.
3. The pics of the footprints and car tracks seem to have been "delinked". Does anyone know where I can get a copy of them?
4. JEW's scent was said to extend just beyond his last footprint. Does anyone know how far (say, in feet)?
5. Would DR's parent's absence from St. Joseph that night be widely known throughout the town?

Thanks in advance,

~ svh

Hi all,

This is my first post. I'm still catching up on this long topic, but wanted to post the following questions to see if I can get any answers:

1. Where exactly was the sock found? I know it was about 100 yards from the abduction site and close to a road, but that is all I know. I'm predicting it was on the straight line running the length of the log pile but am not sure.
2. What is "Kevin's" last name? (if policy allows that answer). I'm talking about the guy that drove up DR's driveway. What is the name of his girlfriend that rode with him? Any info at all on these two? I know what he was driving.
3. The pics of the footprints and car tracks seem to have been "delinked". Does anyone know where I can get a copy of them?
4. JEW's scent was said to extend just beyond his last footprint. Does anyone know how far (say, in feet)?
5. Would DR's parent's absence from St. Joseph that night be widely known throughout the town?

Thanks in advance,

~ svh

very good questions on a first post.

very good questions on a first post.
Thank you cGorg,
Some followups:
1. The link to the full 12 minute 911 tape is apparently gone. Does anyone have a current link to that?
2. What Rassier vehicles were on the Rassier property the night of the abduction. Make/Model/Year ?
Thanks in advance again,
~ svh

Hi all,

Thanks in advance,

~ svh

I'm concerned about #4 specifically, if that is true that the scent extended further into the farm. That would further placate my theory of the footprint near the tire track as being planted. As for your other questions I can't answer due to lack of info.

Thank you cGorg,
Some followups:
1. The link to the full 12 minute 911 tape is apparently gone. Does anyone have a current link to that?
2. What Rassier vehicles were on the Rassier property the night of the abduction. Make/Model/Year ?
Thanks in advance again,
~ svh

Sigrun...wow...I have listened to the 911 tape but do not have a link..sorry. It is certainly worth listening to. As is the case with digital info, after some time it is no longer available, unfortunately. Seems oxymoronic. shergal may have a link-she's a maestro of links. Rassier vehicles-hmmm....great question, I have wondered that myself, but have never seen any info regarding that subject.

I'm concerned about #4 specifically, if that is true that the scent extended further into the farm. That would further placate my theory of the footprint near the tire track as being planted. As for your other questions I can't answer due to lack of info.

I never did get a response regarding my posting regarding Jacob's last footprint facing south and not towards the farm(north). I have not read anything about his scent extending beyond his footprint....is there some documentation of such info? Also, his footprint is very near the center of the road.

Good research!

One thing though - Delbert Huber would have been 56 +/- years old in 1989 - no way would he have fit the description of Jared's abductor. Tim Hubert would have been 22 +/- years old - also not quite fitting the age description.

Also - in the Paynesville incidents, it was said the perp could run fast. Certainly that would rule out DH. Not sure about TH.

I think the first sketch from Jerrod looks like TH. I also don't think that TH was ever a suspect in the Jerrod case until now, so he may have never seen his picture. This father/son (DH TH) relationship reminds me of the Jenkins father son team that killed the bankers in Ruthton Mn in the 1980s. The father abuses the son so drastically that he is so submissive that they actually can't think for themselves but actually think their fathers thoughts. So if dad is riled up about something so is the kid.

Re the Hubers.

First of all , the picture was distributed far and wide and in picture and television,format.

People where they live know who the disturbed people are. There is no way that people in the community did not know that the Hubers lived in a beyond filthy mess. And I am sure they knew how pleasant the family was. There is no way that he was not reported perhaps by multiple people as looking like the photo.

Someone who lives like that has to be so smelly and dirty in real life that it would stand out. Someone who lives like that is not into cleanliness.

Jared himself said that every time a suspect came up, he was called in . I believe he said something like a thousand. Can't remember now

To think that the Hubers were not looked at is silly.

I think the first sketch from Jerrod looks like TH. I also don't think that TH was ever a suspect in the Jerrod case until now, so he may have never seen his picture. This father/son (DH TH) relationship reminds me of the Jenkins father son team that killed the bankers in Ruthton Mn in the 1980s. The father abuses the son so drastically that he is so submissive that they actually can't think for themselves but actually think their fathers thoughts. So if dad is riled up about something so is the kid.

To clarify, the first sketch of Jared's abductor is at the link below. Do you think that TH looks like this sketch?

http://www.deadzoom.com/member/samiping/Jaredarticle.jpg

The license plate shown in your sample picture is obviously photoshopped. MN state licenses have 3 letters and then 3 numbers. Not 6 numbers. See sample here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-OLD-STATE-OF-MINNESOTA-1989-MPS314-LICENSE-PLATE-/231205084960

If the ebay link doesn't work for you, you can also view a MN plate here.
http://www.bprlicenseplates.com/Minnesota - passenger.htm

Good point. Knowing that the source has a penchant for hidden meaning - do the numbers on the plate represent something significant?? Inmate number? Years? Map coordinates? etc?

Good point. Knowing that the source has a penchant for hidden meaning - do the numbers on the plate represent something significant?? Inmate number? Years? Map coordinates? etc?

Who wants to play Clue with the tragedy of real children?

omee.png

Jacobs last known footprint.

If Jacob steps straight forward into a vehicle on sand/dirt/gravel how is the pattern of the bottom of the shoe so intact?

To me this print looks pressed in, or stepped into and out of. this does not appear to be forward step into a vehicle, there would have been slipping.

Why do we only have a picture of this footprint, surely the perpetrator had to get into the vehicle as well? Is it just not there?

http://www.kare11.com/story/news/cr...ors-take-fresh-look-at-similar-cases/9064905/

omee.png

If Jacob steps straight forward into a vehicle on sand/dirt/gravel how is the pattern of the bottom of the shoe so intact?

To me this print looks pressed in, or stepped into and out of. this does not appear to be forward step into a vehicle, there would have been slipping.

Why do we only have a picture of this footprint, surely the perpetrator had to get into the vehicle as well? Is it just not there?

If Jacob was trying to use his weight plus gravity to get away from the abductor he would have been pressing hard down into the ground. This may have been just before he was either picked up and tossed in the car, or picked up and carried off somewhere (to a car or other area). (JMO)

http://www.kare11.com/story/news/cr...ors-take-fresh-look-at-similar-cases/9064905/

If Jacob was trying to use his weight plus gravity to get away from the abductor he would have been pressing hard down into the ground. This may have been just before he was either picked up and tossed in the car, or picked up and carried off somewhere (to a car or other area). (JMO)

I see what he means though because people would naturally press with their toes rather than flat footed

Thanks Sasquatch,

Its hard to say without seeing his other prints, but to me it suggests he was lifted either under his own power or under his own power and someone else's. If he was lifted off the ground at this point it might show this indentation without smudging of the print.

I saw the video but couldn't get a still image. It looked like the toe was pointing perpendicular to the driveway and I guess LE thought it was just a coincidence that the tire track was next to it (impressions made several minutes apart).

This print to me looks most likely to be a print of someone being lifted onto someone's back (vertical, not vertical and forward). As for the other prints, it depends on the distribution of weight. If the perpetrator's print was large and the perpetrator was a thin frame, it might not leave a print. This would suggest tall and thin, imo. Any print of the perpetrator at that point could have been erased by the tire track. But the absence of other prints is odd all the same and I couldn't see any in the video.

Do you know to which side of the road the toe is pointing?

There are other prints in one of the first videos recently posted on here. They show plaster casts being made.

In fact Sasquatch, and just thinking out loud, the lack of a corresponding set of prints suggests that the perpetrator, if he had in fact lifted JEW onto his back, was a person with a high strength to weight ratio. This would suggest some kind of track-related training. There is not much reason to lift someone onto your back unless you intend to run with them, and that is an odd choice in a situation like this unless the person is conditioned for this.

I'd really like to know more about Kevin and girlfriend. I wonder if they were engaged in some unrelated illegal activity when they drove up this driveway, or minutes after that? Could there have been an alibi in that? I could understand LE giving him a free pass to play their usual games, but I can't see the mother of the victim doing it also unless it is truly believed he was not involved. It could also explain why it took so long for him to come forward. And I don't believe there ever was a policeman (or anyone else) there, btw. On first impression, (taking the simplest explanation) JEW appears to have entered Kevin's car, the T-top Grand Prix we are told that turned around there, possibly by being lifted through the window by a standing occupant, up through the T-top. No smudge. Just ruminating for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
psychesleuth