MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:seeya:

Exactly. Also, there is one statement that every time I read it I get chills. " they didn't come into the house that night, if they had it would have been over that night". Paraphrasing, may not be exact wording, but the gist. What does that mean? I read it that they'd have found him then.

My best defense for DR with this statement is that he thought if they came into the house that night they would find nothing and he would have been cleared right there.

Furthermore, I believe the Cold Spring police went to the school with information about Jareds abduction. If so, taut would further support the suggestion of a copy cat crime, as Rassier was a teacher at Cold Spring at the time.

I want to bring up a point again about Rassier, for newcomers. On the night of Jared's abduction I believe he was playing in Betty Wolf's solo band, in Eden Valley. I found the newspaper advertisement for that event some time ago.

Why did he not say that then?

You know what I find interesting? When Patty Wetterling met with DR, he denied having anything to do with the abduction of Jacob but offered up the idea that whoever took (killed) Jacob could have buried him in their gravel pit. Why would he say that if he has said ' find the guy driving the gold car up my driveway in the middle of the day and you have your kidnapper.' Which would mean clearly that the kidnapper took Jacob elsewhere in a car. He also stated he saw a dark car pull up his driveway and saw a child or woman in the passenger seat that night. He has stated before that there was a car involved that the police are not considering. That being said, why would he tell Patty that the kidnapper would bury Jacob on his property? It makes no sense. DR's car theory means someone took Jacob off DR's property, why would they bury Jacob in DR's gravel pit if they took him away? Was he saying the kidnapper took Jacob, killed him, buried him in the gravel pit and left the property before the police arrived? Makes no sense at all.

But we don't know the context. It's possible that Patty asked him, "If someone buried Jacob on your property, where would be some spots you would think they would have done that?" and then he thought about it and gave her that as a possibility. Just a possibility, thinking how we make judgements out of context and we don't know the context of that statement.

Why did he not say that then?

He would not need to because he's never been named as a POI in Jareds case.

If DR is good as Jacob's perp, then it works to his advantage to let LE to continue thinking that Jared's and Jacob's cases are related.

Here's a quote from the article about the Hubers. This paragraph doesn't make sense. They say there is no home left, then say that there is a main house and other structures. So which is it?!

"If Delbert Huber is a suspect in the disappearance of Wetterling or in any of the Paynesville 5 cases, detectives more than likely want to search his home for evidence -- but therein is the problem. There is no home left. Satellite imagery from a couple years ago shows a significant farmstead on the outskirts of Paynesville, with a main house and several other structures."

Read more: WHERE'S WETTERLING? Police interview suspects in prison - KMSP-TV http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/stor...ce-interview-suspects-in-prison#ixzz32M70d9vt

They didn't really say what happened to the Huber's farm, if it was demolished or burned down. It was quite extensive property with lots of buildings on google maps - but those were older satellite images and now, the reporter standing in front of their property showed nothing but empty fields.

It may not have been well cared for and just fell apart and then was demolished, I'm not sure. Timothy Huber (the son - who looks a lot like the suspect drawing with the hat to me) was just sentenced in 2013 to 25 years. The dad (Del) has been in prison longer, so possibly there was no one caring for their property at all.

But we don't know the context. It's possible that Patty asked him, "If someone buried Jacob on your property, where would be some spots you would think they would have done that?" and then he thought about it and gave her that as a possibility. Just a possibility, thinking how we make judgements out of context and we don't know the context of that statement.

I know with people who may have suicidal thoughts, they are asked how they would do it. It shows that the person has thought about ways to do it and their preferred method.

So the fact that DR had answers indicated to me that he has thought about Jacob being buried on his property . And that makes no sense with the car abduction theory.

DR is intelligent. Why does he say these silly things?

The ditches were likely passable in dry weather. Didn't Dan Rassier say that was how he left the next morning, through the ditch? Or maybe he went around back by the Del Win?

But, certainly would have left a noticeable path - we would have heard about that if there were tracks in the ditch.

Yes, he went around his own driveway through the ditch alongside that to get up on the road, because the crime tape was across his driveway. I do think the ditch may be a higher grade right near his driveway than further down the road. I certainly don't think any non-local would chance pulling into a ditch along the road in case they couldn't get out again.

The path back to the Del-Win from the Rassier farm is only a walking/running path, looking at it even now from above on google maps, it's not wide enough for a car to be able to get through the fields there. Someone could have walked through there carrying Jacob as pointed out in another post here though.

He would not need to because he's never been named as a POI in Jareds case.

If DR is good as Jacob's perp, then it works to his advantage to let LE to continue thinking that Jared's and Jacob's cases are related.

LE would know, That is not a tough one to find out. Easy

Yes, he went around his own driveway through the ditch alongside that to get up on the road, because the crime tape was across his driveway. I do think the ditch may be a higher grade right near his driveway than further down the road. I certainly don't think any non-local would chance pulling into a ditch along the road in case they couldn't get out again.

The path back to the Del-Win from the Rassier farm is only a walking/running path, looking at it even now from above on google maps, it's not wide enough for a car to be able to get through the fields there. Someone could have walked through there carrying Jacob as pointed out in another post here though.

I am mystified because of the culvert in the picture of the driveway. That is quite a deep slope. And there was a fence on the one side. I would have to see it in real life to figure it out. The pictures make it look impossible

Yes. Jared's assault was reported in the Cold Spring Record four days after it happened, and again two to three weeks later. The story was also covered in the St Cloud Times in February 1989.

Do you have a link or scan of that article from the Times at all, ELOC? I'm wondering if it was a smaller article inside the paper, because I don't recall seeing anything about Jared's case until after Jacob was abducted. When they first showed the suspect drawing of the man in the cap, they stated it had been drawn with Jared's help. And then they talked about Jared's assault much more.

Yes I had thought this case seemed dead in the water, I was dead wrong. When did the festivities at the ballroom begin and end? I think it would be very risky to haul Jacob back to where a lot of people are going in and out of that place.

According to an ad or poster that ELOC found, the polka fest went until 10 pm that night. So it would still have been going on during the abduction. With many cars possibly leaving at once, it would have been excellent cover to move around unnoticed. (Even if a polka fest attendee saw a man carrying someone, they could have assumed it was a sleeping child, or a person assisting someone who drank too much.)

I know with people who may have suicidal thoughts, they are asked how they would do it. It shows that the person has thought about ways to do it and their preferred method.

So the fact that DR had answers indicated to me that he has thought about Jacob being buried on his property . And that makes no sense with the car abduction theory.

DR is intelligent. Why does he say these silly things?

I know 99.99999 % that there is no body buried on my property, but if someone asked me where COULD someone bury a body IF such a thing happened, I guess I would say my wildflower garden. Or maybe by the treehouse. Because those are the best places I could think of in answer to the question as asked. Now please don't go dig up my wildflower garden!

DR is my top suspect, but from that interview about his convo with Patty, I'm as bothered by his saying that, indeed, 21 years IS too long to not talk. Because if he has nothing to do with it, why is 21 years too long to not talk to each other? Maybe I pick on the really subtle things and ignore things that could be more important, but that's one of the subtle things that I woke up thinking about day after seeing the interview.

According to an ad or poster that ELOC found, the polka fest went until 10 pm that night. So it would still have been going on during the abduction. With many cars possibly leaving at once, it would have been excellent cover to move around unnoticed. (Even if a polka fest attendee saw a man carrying someone, they could have assumed it was a sleeping child, or a person assisting someone who drank too much.)

Shergal are you asserting that Jacob was killed inbetween the farm and the ballroom? If Jacob were alive he would be kicking and screaming.

Edit- Unless you are assuming the gun had that much control all the way there and while there.

I am having trouble believing that anybody ever carried Jacob. He was 11 years old and heavy, he is not a toddler. I stopped carrying my daughter when she was 4.

Shergal are you asserting that Jacob was killed inbetween the farm and the ballroom? If Jacob were alive he would be kicking and screaming.

Edit- Unless you are assuming the gun had that much control all the way there and while there.

It's hard to say...he was probably terrified! The perp could have put the gun in his back and told him to shut up and walk.

I have an 11 year old boy and I could carry him if I had to...and I'm not a big person! A large man (for instance, the polka padre was 6'4", 215 lbs) could have easily carried Jacob, IMO

I know 99.99999 % that there is no body buried on my property, but if someone asked me where COULD someone bury a body IF such a thing happened, I guess I would say my wildflower garden. Or maybe by the treehouse. Because those are the best places I could think of in answer to the question as asked. Now please don't go dig up my wildflower garden!

DR is my top suspect, but from that interview about his convo with Patty, I'm as bothered by his saying that, indeed, 21 years IS too long to not talk. Because if he has nothing to do with it, why is 21 years too long to not talk to each other? Maybe I pick on the really subtle things and ignore things that could be more important, but that's one of the subtle things that I woke up thinking about day after seeing the interview.

I think it's a very good way to think Marzipan. I have a friend that works in behavioral analysis that picks stuff like this apart for a living and he believes DR is lying about everything. He even studies the way peoples eyes move and certain gestures made while talking to help determine if they are lying.

I am having trouble believing that anybody ever carried Jacob. He was 11 years old and heavy, he is not a toddler. I stopped carrying my daughter when she was 4.

From photos of him running, it appears that DR was in excellent physical shape. I can imagine DR flinging Jacob over his shoulder and running with him into the house or an out-building. Adrenaline could have give DR an additional spurt of strength. JMO

From photos of him running, it appears that DR was in excellent physical shape. I can imagine DR flinging Jacob over his shoulder and running with him into the house or an out-building. Adrenaline could have give DR an additional spurt of strength. JMO

I can't fling my daughter over my shoulder even if I was on steroids, it's not happening. If anyone carried Jacob in another way, it would have to be with amazing strength and a very short distance.

The Hubers most likely don't like polka music and would have stuck out like sore thumbs had they been anywhere near the festivities.

No, I was thinking Jacob would have been knocked out and carried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo