MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont forget where this case is finally at. Look at it from 2003 on.

Do we know if DR has religion? Does he belong to a church or ever been to one?

Do we know if DR has religion? Does he belong to a church or ever been to one?

I'm going to assume DR was raised catholic as his parents belong to the Church of St. Joseph. Whether he still attends mass, I have no idea.

Also, St. Boniface School and St. John's University are private catholic schools. I don't think being catholic is a requirement to teach there however.

I'm going to assume DR was raised catholic as his parents belong to the Church of St. Joseph. Whether he still attends mass, I have no idea.

Also, St. Boniface School and St. John's University are private catholic schools. I don't think being catholic is a requirement to teach there however.

I have not read or heard him ever say anything about God or prayer. Just a note, certainly doesn't mean anything, athiests are people too.

Not true. How could they pick him out of a lineup at this point or even then with that disguise? They need real evidence or a confession. I believe it was either Trevor or Aaron or both that compelled Patty to write a letter to DR and then to go find him when he did not respond in order to ask him directly if he did it.

Who would do that without a compelling reason? I did not hear that Patty Wetterling knocked on any other neighbor doors and asked this question.

DR is clever beyond words. I have been interested in crime and criminals since I did a report on Charles Manson way back in the 80s. DR is a mastermind. That being said, I believe that he was molested as a little boy and that is where is compulsion comes from. I feel bad about that, his childhood was ripped away if this is the case. I believe that's why he stays on the farm with his parents and comes across as shy & somewhat meek. There is that side and then the other side which me may have only glimpsed with the off statements and behavior. It is only my opinion, but it is certainly based on the facts we know if this case. I wish DR would seek help and also give closure to the Wetterlings. It really is the right thing to do.

All in my opinion of course.

The only thing that makes the tiniest bit of sense is the molestation.

The family appears to be amazing.

DR's athletic abilities , his music, and the support of his parents are very commendable. He seems like an unlikely perp, and he has not been named one. Only a POI.

Does anyone know about the three searches of the farm?

Of course, the first one and the one in 2010.

When was the other one?

It does not seem like LE was bothering him much.

Why would the mother and father have such dramatic reactions to the 2010 search?

Why would DR say Jacob could be buried in the gravel pit when DR saw the car go away and certainly it was not there when LE was searching.

Is he implying the perp came back to the farm and without being seen, buried Jacob? Does that seem like something a smart person would say?

The only thing that makes the tiniest bit of sense is the molestation.

The family appears to be amazing.

DR's athletic abilities , his music, and the support of his parents are very commendable. He seems like an unlikely perp, and he has not been named one. Only a POI.

Does anyone know about the three searches of the farm?

Of course, the first one and the one in 2010.

When was the other one?

It does not seem like LE was bothering him much.

Why would the mother and father have such dramatic reactions to the 2010 search?

Why would DR say Jacob could be buried in the gravel pit when DR saw the car go away and certainly it was not there when LE was searching.

Is he implying the perp came back to the farm and without being seen, buried Jacob? Does that seem like something a smart person would say?

3 searches? They searched the farm yard and driveway that first night and next morning. They came back 5 or 6 days later and searched the house, I think that's when they searched his computer? Then the search in 2010. If there were more searches than that, I'm not aware of them.

Good point, if DR felt it was a stranger in a car, why would he think Jacob would be anywhere on their land? But he only suggested that to Patty in 2009, and that was after Kevin had come forward in 2003 and LE had switched to thinking it was a local perp.

From kstp.com re the 3 searches of the Rassier farm...article from 2010.

"This is the third time the Rassier family farm has been searched, the first was immediately after the abduction, the second time was 6 years ago when investigators examined Daniel Rassier’s computer."

"This is the third time the Rassier family farm has been searched, the first was immediately after the abduction, the second time was 6 years ago when investigators examined Daniel Rassier’s computer."

It does not sound like LE was on his case much.

So why the dramatic response from the parents in 2010?

It does not sound like LE was on his case much.

So why the dramatic response from the parents in 2010?

Put yourself in the elderly parent's place. I believe the parents are in their 80's. Suddenly, they were told to leave the property. Their son is being unofficially accused of the abduction. I certainly would be upset.

Do you think it's legal for LE to now release what they found?

Put yourself in the elderly parent's place. I believe the parents are in their 80's. Suddenly, they were told to leave the property. Their son is being unofficially accused of the abduction. I certainly would be upset.

They accused him of the abduction at that time?

I think after they did the first search in 2010, they got a warrant to look in the house because of what they found the first day

The warrants were sealed so all they could do was tell the parents to leave.

So what? DR already told Patty about the gravel pit so if the discussion was with the parents, they would be thinking the unknown perp did something, not their son.

Why would they think it was him? He was announced as a POI after the searches, not before.

You would think the parents would be happy there might be a resolution. what would give them the idea that DR had anything to do with it?

They accused him of the abduction at that time?

I think after they did the first search in 2010, they got a warrant to look in the house because of what they found the first day

The warrants were sealed so all they could do was tell the parents to leave.

So what? DR already told Patty about the gravel pit so if the discussion was with the parents, they would be thinking the unknown perp did something, not their son.

Why would they think it was him? He was announced as a POI after the searches, not before.

You would think the parents would be happy there might be a resolution. what would give them the idea that DR had anything to do with it?

What would give LE the idea? DR was home alone. DR was male. DR was not married. DR's parents were gone. Of course, LE had the idea that DR was involved when they did the search. They took several pieces of his property.

LE decided to re-search the property of DR's parents because of new investigators who thought they could do better than the previous ones not because there was a connections from previous searches. (They probably could.)

How could the parents be happy when the outcome was that DR was named a POI?

What would give LE the idea? DR was home alone. DR was male. DR was not married. DR's parents were gone. Of course, LE had the idea that DR was involved when they did the search. They took several pieces of his property.

LE decided to re-search the property of DR's parents because of new investigators who thought they could do better than the previous ones not because there was a connections from previous searches. (They probably could.)

How could the parents be happy when the outcome was that DR was named a POI?

I am talking about when LE arrived first on the farm in 2010 and the parents had a breakdown.

He was not named POI then.

I am talking about when LE arrived first on the farm in 2010 and the parents had a breakdown.

He was not named POI then.

Only DR said they had a breakdown. Did the parents say they were being harassed? DR also said that there was a gold car that came up his driveway during the day of the abduction and claimed that 'if you find the driver of that car, you have your kidnapper.' DR also told Patty Wetterling that a good place to hide Jacob's body would be the gravel pit. Why say that if you believe the kidnapper came and left with Jacob in a car? He also stated there was a dark blue car that drove through around 9-9:15 the exact time of the abduction with a small woman or a child in the passenger seat. There was no evidence (tire tracks) to support his statements which means he lied. Why would an innocent man lie? Why wouldn't a teacher/neighbor go show compassion to the neighbor whose child was abducted from their very driveway? Why would an otherwise smart man pull up crime scene tape and walk all over an active scene? Why would DR keep articles, pictures, a letter from Patty (which he never responded to), and news videos of the crime?

To all of you sleuthers...If your neighbor's child was abducted from your driveway, would you contact the parents at some point? What about years later when the mother of that child sends you a letter. Do you respond or just file it? (This was before DR named POI.)

Be honest, is it at all normal for DR to have not contacted the Wetterlings all those years. The only contact was Patty running into him which I believe was no accident since he never responded to her letter. In fact, maybe it was what he said to her that gave police what they needed to do another search when DR commented that a body could be buried in their gravel pit.

If he were innocent, he would make contact with her and appear with her on these interviews in order to jointly find who took Jacob.

Where has it been reported that the police took casts of tire tracks up by his house?

Where was it reported that they didn't? They ruled everyone out once Kevin came forward which means that all other tire tracks were accounted for.

To all of you sleuthers...If your neighbor's child was abducted from your driveway, would you contact the parents at some point? What about years later when the mother of that child sends you a letter. Do you respond or just file it? (This was before DR named POI.)

Be honest, is it at all normal for DR to have not contacted the Wetterlings all those years. The only contact was Patty running into him which I believe was no accident since he never responded to her letter. In fact, maybe it was what he said to her that gave police what they needed to do another search when DR commented that a body could be buried in their gravel pit.

If he were innocent, he would make contact with her and appear with her on these interviews in order to jointly find who took Jacob.

Yes, I am a broken record. I was a teacher. We care about our students. We want the best for them.

DR taught students of that exact age. He considers himself intelligent, I am sure, as he said he has all kinds of things to contribute to LE, but they are not interested.

He could have gone to the family and said he would do anything to help. He knows he did not do anything and he cares about kids this age.

He could have been a team member.

As a teacher, he has to be a motivator.

Teachers have to talk to parents and students about all kinds of issues. They have to be public speakers. He is a performer. He could have contributed a lot to truth and justice.

"Dan, Kevin, and I are all working together on this, and we are all willing to answer your questions. However, please ask nicely; this is not a platform for haters. We are doing this for one reason, and one reason only. We all want to find out what happened to Jacob." Joy The Curious aka Joy Baker

Kevin is real. and according to Humans psychology we all know DR is the grey duck in this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolofeist