MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
1. I don't know if he is an introvert or not, that just seems to be what people have been posting on here. Some posts were questioning whether he may have Aspergers as well. An introvert can also perform, run marathons, teach, and belong to various organizations; they're just not as comfortable doing it compared to extroverts.

2. Considering how many people on here find him much more likely to be a suspect than the H's, it seems he would make a good scapegoat. I agree that someone like DAH or the H's would make a better scapegoat, but I was just saying that IF they were trying to cover something up, that could be a reason for making DR a POI.

If there is a cover up, why choose someone like DR who has money and community standing? Why not choose one of the myriad perverts that exist and existed in the community? It is thick with perverts to choose from

If there is a cover up, why choose someone like DR who has money and community standing? Why not choose one of the myriad perverts that exist and existed in the community? It is thick with perverts to choose from

The very same reasons one might consider him a suspect. No alibi, near the scene of the crime, parents out of town, lives alone with parents, "odd duck" as people say, claims by LE that it was probably a local, etc.

I am having a heck of a time keeping up with you guys, so my apologies if what I am about to write is rehash (currently on page 23 of what I think is the current thread). Nevertheless, I would like to write this thought as it remains fresh in my mind.

There has been great discussion on here about the search of DR's property and the lack of crucial evidence produced through these searches. Some have claimed that the lack of evidence points in favor of DR's innocence, while others have suggested that LE did not conduct a thorough search of the Rassier property, and have suggested other spots which should have been searched during the 2010 excavation (ie the enormous pile of firewood). Moreover, others have suggested that evidence was produced through the excavation/search, and that evidence will be further evaluated as technology improves. Anyone of these scenarios may be true, but one thing we did not get out these searches was closure to a case that has haunted our memories for 25 long years, instead we are faced with more questions than answers.

Human and sasquash pointed out that it wasn't until after the search/excavation of the Rassier farmstead that DR was officially named as a POI. None of us know the reasons why he was named, but we must assume that LE has some undisclosed reasoning for this. Its possible that public disclosure of him as a POI was a plan B, in the case that Plan A (the search/excavation of his property) did not produce incriminating "smoking gun" evidence. The naming of DR as a POI suggests that LE is convinced that DR is responsible for Jacob's abduction in some way.

The lack of incriminating evidence recovered from the rassier property 21 years after the abduction is not surprising to me. For the longest time I used to think that if jacob was killed by DR, than his body must be buried somewhere on the property. However, the more I think about this the more illogical it seems. Simply, when would DR have time to dispose of a body on his own property unnoticed by anyone? I can only assume that his property was bustling with heavy activity for weeks after the abduction from LE, the media, search and rescue teams etc. Not to mention that his parents would be returning from their European vacation shortly. So really, I dont see how he could have disposed of a body on his own property without being noticed ANYONE.

If we are to assume that DR is responsible for the abduction of Jacob then we must assume that he disposed of the body somewhere off his property. One thing we do know as fact is that DR drove past LE the morning after the abduction with a car full of musical equipment. We also know that LE questioned him at some point that same day and searched his car (maybe they just looked at his tiers). However, I don't think LE searched the musical equipment cases. Nevertheless, it remains a possibility that Jacob's body may have been in one of these cases, and if so, then we must assume that he disposed of the body somewhere in the vicinity of saint Joseph and cold spring, specifically somewhere along Minnesota highway 2.

I'm very curious about Mossad's posts. <modsnip> This is what I have gathered from his clues so far:

1. Possible connection to RB, MB, LK, and BB. (Torah Matrix)
2. Had a night route along Highway 23 and Highway 55 in Stearns County (Tornado Alley)
3. Committed crimes in St. Joseph, Cold Spring, Paynesville, and Belgrade.
4. Wore ski mask and winter coat to hide identity
5. Possible connection to Jackie Theel? Or maybe something to do with being molested himself as a child (history repeating)
6. Suffered from severe eczema or Seborrheic dermatitis
7. Is/was local to Stearns County
8. Also involved in Jared's assault and the Paynesville assaults
9. Probably had a scanner (possibly purchased from Radioshack in Paynesville?)
10. Possible connection to local priests/monks (perp maybe was molested by a priest)
11. Had little formal education and most likely didn't have a particular skill, trade, or profession.
12. Had some connection to DH. (DH was possibly a key witness in Wetterling case)
13. Media seems to only confuse matters more.

Anyone else have any input on this?

I'm very curious about Mossad's posts. <modsnip> This is what I have gathered from his clues so far:

2. Had a night route along Highway 23 and Highway 55 in Stearns County (Tornado Alley)
5. Possible connection to Jackie Theel? Or maybe something to do with being molested himself as a child (history repeating)
10. Possible connection to local priests/monks (perp maybe was molested by a priest)
11. Had little formal education and most likely didn't have a particular skill, trade, or profession.
12. Had some connection to DH. (DH was possibly a key witness in Wetterling case)

Now you're talkin....

human, I remember in the '80s many times pop machines were outside buildings. Some still are. I don't know why because winters here get so cold you would think the pop cans would explode from the liquid freezing.

That's such a great question! I had never thought of it before even though when I was growing up in the 70's there were pop machines on Main Street all year long....in North Dakota. You could stop and plunk in your change and get a cold one....http://www.ehow.com/facts_7381906_outdoor-work-during-cold-winter_.html

I looked on google.

The vegetation is intense. I don't know if you have ever tried to walk through the woods. Basically, it perhaps can be done. It would take hours. Fighting through who knows what. It s not like walking through grass.

If you look at the height of the railroad bridge, it looks like it is 100 feet off of the ground with incredibly steep sides. Almost perpendicular.

One would think pop machines would be kept indoors away from vandals and weather. Rain, snow. Rust.

The 'vegetation' as shown on Google is the tree canopys....looks intense from an aerial view. On the ground however, one would be walking amongst tree trunks with open space. I've walked plenty of ground like this. It's not a jungle. The railroad bridge high above the water reinforces my point that the landscape sloped downwards from the railroad tracks to the river....I'm very familiar with topographical contour maps...especially along waterways. As for outdoor pop machines....pretty common in rural areas....year round...see post #799

The 'vegetation' as shown on Google is the tree canopys....looks intense from an aerial view. On the ground however, one would be walking amongst tree trunks with open space. I've walked plenty of ground like this. It's not a jungle. The railroad bridge high above the water reinforces my point that the landscape sloped downwards from the railroad tracks to the river....I'm very familiar with topographical contour maps...especially along waterways. As for outdoor pop machines....pretty common in rural areas....year round...see post #799

Add in some ancient deer trails and you got a straight shot to the pop machine.

I am having a heck of a time keeping up with you guys, so my apologies if what I am about to write is rehash (currently on page 23 of what I think is the current thread). Nevertheless, I would like to write this thought as it remains fresh in my mind.

There has been great discussion on here about the search of DR's property and the lack of crucial evidence produced through these searches. Some have claimed that the lack of evidence points in favor of DR's innocence, while others have suggested that LE did not conduct a thorough search of the Rassier property, and have suggested other spots which should have been searched during the 2010 excavation (ie the enormous pile of firewood). Moreover, others have suggested that evidence was produced through the excavation/search, and that evidence will be further evaluated as technology improves. Anyone of these scenarios may be true, but one thing we did not get out these searches was closure to a case that has haunted our memories for 25 long years, instead we are faced with more questions than answers.

Human and sasquash pointed out that it wasn't until after the search/excavation of the Rassier farmstead that DR was officially named as a POI. None of us know the reasons why he was named, but we must assume that LE has some undisclosed reasoning for this. Its possible that public disclosure of him as a POI was a plan B, in the case that Plan A (the search/excavation of his property) did not produce incriminating "smoking gun" evidence. The naming of DR as a POI suggests that LE is convinced that DR is responsible for Jacob's abduction in some way.

The lack of incriminating evidence recovered from the rassier property 21 years after the abduction is not surprising to me. For the longest time I used to think that if jacob was killed by DR, than his body must be buried somewhere on the property. However, the more I think about this the more illogical it seems. Simply, when would DR have time to dispose of a body on his own property unnoticed by anyone? I can only assume that his property was bustling with heavy activity for weeks after the abduction from LE, the media, search and rescue teams etc. Not to mention that his parents would be returning from their European vacation shortly. So really, I dont see how he could have disposed of a body on his own property without being noticed ANYONE.

If we are to assume that DR is responsible for the abduction of Jacob then we must assume that he disposed of the body somewhere off his property. One thing we do know as fact is that DR drove past LE the morning after the abduction with a car full of musical equipment. We also know that LE questioned him at some point that same day and searched his car (maybe they just looked at his tiers). However, I don't think LE searched the musical equipment cases. Nevertheless, it remains a possibility that Jacob's body may have been in one of these cases, and if so, then we must assume that he disposed of the body somewhere in the vicinity of saint Joseph and cold spring, specifically somewhere along Minnesota highway 2.

I'm pretty sure those weren't all musical instruments. Explaining the lifting of the crime scene tape and urgency to just get to work. After LE thought about it over their morning coffee, they realized "hey now, that seemed kind of odd, lets go to this guys work and check him out more". So they showed up at his work an hour or so later and searched his trunk, just as they should have before he left his driveway, but too late now. All IMO.

My wife doesn't remember what time her dad started his shift, but it was the overnight shift. LE spoke to them some time the next day. I could ask them for more specific times if it helps.

I guess I understood you to say that he didn't go to work that night because his wife was afraid to be alone due to a kidnapping in the neighborhood. How did they get that information? Other neighbors?

Yes, if you could find out more info from your in-laws it would be helpful IMO!

Talking to locals about what they saw/heard then and now if very insightful. I am also local, but many of my contacts from that time period have passed away.

Thanks!

Good points re the body. It could have been put in the wood furnace or the firepit. Lime dissolves as well as covers up odors

I have stated this over and over and over ad nauseum. It is not a game. Watch the program with Trevor and see how amusing it is to have "clues".

Somehow, my DVR did not record the show :(

If it's ever on again, please give a heads-up!

I believe you said you are from Iowa?

Perhaps there are forests in MN that do not have intense vegetation under them. They would have to be pine forests which this does not appear to be.

I really wish someone who knew could tell us what it is really like there. And the intense slope of the land, wow.

The very same reasons one might consider him a suspect. No alibi, near the scene of the crime, parents out of town, lives alone with parents, "odd duck" as people say, claims by LE that it was probably a local, etc.

That is why it seems so ludicrous that DR would be named a POI over people who have been convicted of sexual abuse or other crimes.

He comes off as Casper Milquetoast.

The public would nod their heads in agreement and be satisfied if one of those criminals were named as POI. We would think LE had nailed it. Instead, LE chooses him.

So where is the bad skin in Jared's sketch?????

<modsnip>

For starters, who would be crazy enough to kidnap someone from the end of their own driveway? You're obviously setting yourself up to be the first person searched. Also, what would be the pleasure of abducting Jacob and than stuffing him into a furnace right away? Not to mention, how could he predict that LE wouldn't totally comb his property thoroughly?

He would have had just meer minutes to abduct him and bring him back up to his house, all while attempting to subdue Jacob. He than would have to guess that LE would not knock on his door and not want to check his property.

Aren't we all under the same assumption that if someone was abducted at the end of our driveway that LE would want to check the property and the house, which of course, you would have to totally be cool with unless you were hiding something or someone?

From the time Jacob was abducted to the time police arrived was 6 minutes, according to Joys blog. Pretty daring for a guy who had a child abducted at the end of their driveway.

Sorry people, but you're going to have to come up with a better story for how DR would have successfully kidnapped Jacob.

For starters, who would be crazy enough to kidnap someone from the end of their own driveway? You're obviously setting yourself up to be the first person searched. Also, what would be the pleasure of abducting Jacob and than stuffing him into a furnace right away? Not to mention, how could he predict that LE wouldn't totally comb his property thoroughly?

He would have had just meer minutes to abduct him and bring him back up to his house, all while attempting to subdue Jacob. He than would have to guess that LE would not knock on his door and not want to check his property.

Aren't we all under the same assumption that if someone was abducted at the end of our driveway that LE would want to check the property and the house, which of course, you would have to totally be cool with unless you were hiding something or someone?

From the time Jacob was abducted to the time police arrived was 6 minutes, according to Joys blog. Pretty daring for a guy who had a child abducted at the end of their driveway.

Yes, crazy. But that is what perps do. They take the kid next door or across the street. There was one in here that was a "friend" that took the child in front of neighbors who recognized him. There was a coach that was identified right away but yet he still killed the child. So many many many crazy things. Think of Casey Anthony!!!!!! She did not report her two year old missing for 30 days!

I think something went wrong that he was not anticipating.

LE would need a search warrant for his house.

They searched the grounds and theoretically he searched as well. Hard to tell with the different stories, but really "helpful" if he did search.

He could be arrogant enough to think he would never be thought of as a perp.

And he was in the house for at least two hours before he noticed LE.

He made the clever phone calls to cover any issues.

Even in this day and age, teachers are getting busted for child *advertiser censored* and having sex with students. There was a sub teacher in MN just a couple of weeks ago that was busted for that. Go figure.

??

9:15 - Abduction
9:32 - 911 Call
9:40 - LE arrive at Wetterling's

ETA...and DR didn't make contact with LE until 11:23 when he called 911. That's over 2 hours! Plenty of time IMO.

??

9:15 - Abduction
9:32 - 911 Call
9:40 - LE arrive at Wetterling's

Yes, they may have arrived at Wetterlings quickly, but it was a long time before they got around to the abduction scene and then they were just looking around the log pile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eluluwho