MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are 8 homes in both Kale Court and Kiwi Court. I'm fairly sure most of the homes were there 25 years ago. Although there may have been some empty lots back then that weren't sold yet. I know for sure there were at least 5 there in 1989 - Wetterlings, Merle, the people across from Wetterlings and two other families who were living there back then.

All of these people were thoroughly checked out many, many times.

Thoroughly checked out many many times. Along with every sex offender in mn, what does it mean then when DR is named POI in 2009?

There are 8 homes in both Kale Court and Kiwi Court. I'm fairly sure most of the homes were there 25 years ago. Although there may have been some empty lots back then that weren't sold yet. I know for sure there were at least 5 there in 1989 - Wetterlings, Merle, the people across from Wetterlings and two other families who were living there back then.

All of these people were thoroughly checked out many, many times.

Jinx :)

The driveway is revealing, its sand/gravel, you put your tires on it and it shows for hours or days. From 915 pm to 9 45 when LE secured the scene there was One unknown set of tracks.

I think this is where we fundamentally disagree. Did you happen to see that 20/20 rebroadcast re: Jacob Wetterling? (thanks again to whomever posted about it- I recorded it and watched 3-4 times!)

I never believed LE secured the Rassier driveway until daybreak the following morning, and I think the 20/20 broadcast backs up this theory.

Remember, the bikes were laying in the ditch across the street and there was a frantic effort on everyone's part to search in the dark.

IMO this notion further compromised the scene

MOD NOTE: Unless someone can produce MSM that shows LE named LH as a supsect, that individual is OFF LIMITS.

Lets stay focused on the case and its facts, we dont need to over complicate things. Talk about the case.

Who are our top suspects in this case as named by the media?

VS- deceased, discredited
MF- air tight alibii
Priests- unknown
DR- POI, No alibi
DH & TH- believe what you will
DAH- previous history

Currently, both Kiwi Court and Kale Court have 8 houses in them. Not sure if they were all there back in 1989.

Between DR's driveway and the sharp right corner leading to Kiwi and Kale, there are no houses. There are a few other residences at the corner as well that are not in Kiwi or Kale. Once you come up over the hill by DR's driveway, it feels like you're out in the country...woods and fields on both sides.

I drove down 91st this morning to check out the fire and it's really hard to remember which houses were there and which weren't, specifically between Minnesota Street and Dale Street.

This is what I've found related to the property records, not certain if accurate:

Kiwi Ct. 8 homes, all appear to be older.
1: built 1976, last sale 2004.
2: built 1971, no last sale date.
3: built 1977, last sale 2000.
4: Built 1973, last sale 1994
5: Built 1971, no last sale date.
6: Built 1975, no last sale date.
7: Built 1983, no last sale date.
8: Can't find information.

Kale Ct. 8 homes, some are newer. 6 appear to have been there in 1989; 2 may have been under construction at the time.
1: Built 1978, no last sale date.
2: Built 1974, last sale 2006.
3: Built 1972, no last sale date.
4: Built 1972, no last sale date.
5: Built in 1990.
6: Built 1973, last sale 1992.
7: Built in 1990.
8 Built in 1985, no last sale date.

Other structures on 91st (not including DR):
1: Built 1977, last sale 2005.
2: Built 1948, no last sale date.

Several homeowners in the homes with no recorded prior sales had pre-teen to young adult aged kids at the time.

Some of the info you guys are able to gather is astounding. Good to have great minds.in here and working together.

I thought that Matthew meant that his FatherinLaw did not go to work on the night following the kidnapping. Because he said his wife was too afraid to stay home alone with her daughter. So I assumed he meant it was the night following the incident, which was a Monday?

Sunday night (the night of the abduction) was the night that he didn't go into work. He works over-nights.

What is your take on the site of the abduction? Does it seem like a choice place for a stranger (pedophile) to come in and take a random child? Should the boys have been able to see or hear a vehicle, if there was one used in that rural setting?

In my opinion it would be very strange for a random stranger to just happen to be in that location. It seems more likely that Jacob was targeted, but why? I have no idea. The only thing that doesn’t make sense about that is who would have known that they were going to be going to Tom Thumb that night since it was the first time they had gone at night and was a last minute decision. Mossad’s post about “tornado alley” and the night route could possibly be an explanation to why someone would have been in that area. Maybe the perp had a route that he would take often looking for children. It's hard to say whether they would have heard a vehicle... they would have been in a panic mode and probably didn't think about listening for one.

As far as DR goes, I really don’t think he was the one who did it. When I first heard about him (when the farm was searched) and heard that he worked at St. John’s, I thought he could very well have something to do with it, but after seeing his response and interviews, I’m thinking he may have just been in the wrong place at the wrong time with no alibi. I know that that is contrary to what a lot of the posters on here have analyzed, but I don’t really see his “awkward” social skills as pointing to him being guilty, and maybe that’s because I’m an introvert myself and would have probably acted in a very similar way. As I read some of the posts on here analyzing his behavior, I just think about what if a child was abducted from the end of my driveway and I was labeled a POI… I know that the public would completely “crucify” me because of my social awkwardness. Of course this is just my perception and I could be completely wrong… I don’t know what information LE all has and why they named him a POI. I know there is a lot discussed about him changing his stories, but how much of that is just media reporting things incorrectly? As far as “all” tire tracks being accounted for, I really don’t know that that can be trusted seeing how contaminated the scene was and how it wasn’t immediately secured. There are a few other things about DR though that do throw flags for me:
1. Why did LE name him a POI, and even more, why did they ask him to confess? I know that being a POI doesn’t necessarily mean he’s a suspect, but the fact that they asked him to confess must mean that they think he’s guilty. Or could LE be trying to cover something up and are making him a scapegoat? But why him? I suppose the reason could be the same as why the public thinks he did it… his awkward behavior and no alibi makes him an easy target.
2. Why did DR lift of the crime scene tape and walk under it? He should know that he could be destroying evidence.
3. The other thing is the whole Facebook thing with LH (aka “Slush”). I also saw that he was friends with DR and I saw the comments that LH had posted on DR’s Facebook, which suddenly were deleted after he was mentioned on WS. It could be just that LH was patrolling these threads (knowing that DR is a POI and is being discussed on here) and saw the reference to himself and quickly deleted his account not wanting to be in the spot light or not wanting to become a suspect even if he had nothing to do with it.

In my opinion it would be very strange for a random stranger to just happen to be in that location. It seems more likely that Jacob was targeted, but why? I have no idea. The only thing that doesn’t make sense about that is who would have known that they were going to be going to Tom Thumb that night since it was the first time they had gone at night and was a last minute decision.

I wonder if it was common for older boys in the neighboring homes and their friends to ride into town on weekend evenings and the perp was targeting one of them? Maybe it explains the demand to know their ages and taking the oldest? With the recent description of the Paynesville incidents, I found it striking how many kids in the junior high-ish age range were out and about on bikes or on foot late at night. Different times, I suppose.

Sunday night (the night of the abduction) was the night that he didn't go into work. He works over-nights.

Do you remember what time he was scheduled to work? What time did LE speak to them?

I wonder if it was common for older boys in the neighboring homes and their friends to ride into town on weekend evenings and the perp was targeting one of them? Maybe it explains the demand to know their ages and taking the oldest? With the recent description of the Paynesville incidents, I found it striking how many kids in the junior high-ish age range were out and about on bikes or on foot late at night. Different times, I suppose.

I remember my mother telling me to be home when it got dark!

This was in the 70's but my parents never worried about such things and didn't even ask where we were or who we were with!

I remember my mother telling me to be when it got dark!

This was in the 70's but my parents never worried about such things and didn't even ask where we were or who we were with!

I was almost 10 when this happened and I vividly remember my slightly older cousins visiting the following summer and and my parents not letting us bike the two miles into town during the DAY, when they had let us the summer before. Everything changed overnight.

I imagine a couple of the Paynesville incidents happened. I really question if they all happened.

Please look at rhe terrain by AMPI on google earth.

Highly unlikely

In my opinion it would be very strange for a random stranger to just happen to be in that location. It seems more likely that Jacob was targeted, but why? I have no idea. The only thing that doesn’t make sense about that is who would have known that they were going to be going to Tom Thumb that night since it was the first time they had gone at night and was a last minute decision. Mossad’s post about “tornado alley” and the night route could possibly be an explanation to why someone would have been in that area. Maybe the perp had a route that he would take often looking for children. It's hard to say whether they would have heard a vehicle... they would have been in a panic mode and probably didn't think about listening for one.

As far as DR goes, I really don’t think he was the one who did it. When I first heard about him (when the farm was searched) and heard that he worked at St. John’s, I thought he could very well have something to do with it, but after seeing his response and interviews, I’m thinking he may have just been in the wrong place at the wrong time with no alibi. I know that that is contrary to what a lot of the posters on here have analyzed, but I don’t really see his “awkward” social skills as pointing to him being guilty, and maybe that’s because I’m an introvert myself and would have probably acted in a very similar way. As I read some of the posts on here analyzing his behavior, I just think about what if a child was abducted from the end of my driveway and I was labeled a POI… I know that the public would completely “crucify” me because of my social awkwardness. Of course this is just my perception and I could be completely wrong… I don’t know what information LE all has and why they named him a POI. I know there is a lot discussed about him changing his stories, but how much of that is just media reporting things incorrectly? As far as “all” tire tracks being accounted for, I really don’t know that that can be trusted seeing how contaminated the scene was and how it wasn’t immediately secured. There are a few other things about DR though that do throw flags for me:
1. Why did LE name him a POI, and even more, why did they ask him to confess? I know that being a POI doesn’t necessarily mean he’s a suspect, but the fact that they asked him to confess must mean that they think he’s guilty. Or could LE be trying to cover something up and are making him a scapegoat? But why him? I suppose the reason could be the same as why the public thinks he did it… his awkward behavior and no alibi makes him an easy target.
2. Why did DR lift of the crime scene tape and walk under it? He should know that he could be destroying evidence.
3. The other thing is the whole Facebook thing with LH (aka “Slush”). I also saw that he was friends with DR and I saw the comments that LH had posted on DR’s Facebook, which suddenly were deleted after he was mentioned on WS. It could be just that LH was patrolling these threads (knowing that DR is a POI and is being discussed on here) and saw the reference to himself and quickly deleted his account not wanting to be in the spot light or not wanting to become a suspect even if he had nothing to do with it.

1. Why do you say he is an introvert?
He is a performer. He runs marathons. He teaches school at the elementary level as well as the college level. He has music he teaches at after school programs. He belongs to tons of organizations; You can see it on his LinkedIn.

2. Why would LE choose him as a scapegoat? Wouldn't the Hubers have made better scapegoats? He has money and standing in the community. He hardly stands out as scapegoat material

1. Why do you say he is an introvert?
He is a performer. He runs marathons. He teaches school at the elementary level as well as the college level. He has music he teaches at after school programs. He belongs to tons of organizations; You can see it on his LinkedIn.

2. Why would LE choose him as a scapegoat? Wouldn't the Hubers have made better scapegoats? He has money and standing in the community. He hardly stands out as scapegoat material

1. I don't know if he is an introvert or not, that just seems to be what people have been posting on here. Some posts were questioning whether he may have Aspergers as well. An introvert can also perform, run marathons, teach, and belong to various organizations; they're just not as comfortable doing it compared to extroverts.

2. Considering how many people on here find him much more likely to be a suspect than the H's, it seems he would make a good scapegoat. I agree that someone like DAH or the H's would make a better scapegoat, but I was just saying that IF they were trying to cover something up, that could be a reason for making DR a POI.

Do you remember what time he was scheduled to work? What time did LE speak to them?

My wife doesn't remember what time her dad started his shift, but it was the overnight shift. LE spoke to them some time the next day. I could ask them for more specific times if it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elle C