MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, they may have arrived at Wetterlings quickly, but it was a long time before they got around to the abduction scene and then they were just looking around the log pile.

The innocence of a farmstead, they didnt even go to the house.

<modsnip> You have to put this in perspective that he had to assume the worst that LE would search his house/farm right away.

<modsnip>how incredibly stupid it would have been to abduct someone from the end of his driveway and expose of him in an instrument case while driving directly through LE.

<modsnip> You have to put this in perspective that he had to assume the worst that LE would search his house/farm right away.

<modsnip> how incredibly stupid it would have been to abduct someone from the end of his driveway and expose of him in an instrument case while driving directly through LE.

Find Tim

Thus is why DR helped search the barn and outbuildings. To further deter them from the house.

It is interesting that sher said one of her friends was searched so often that he gave LE the key to the house.

Is it true that the DR house was only searched three times?

How weird is that?

If you look at the DR farm and consider there were two additional buildings, that is a huge place to search!

Did DR have a soundproof room for teaching and practicing music?

I'm very curious about Mossad's posts. <modsnip> This is what I have gathered from his clues so far:

1. Possible connection to RB, MB, LK, and BB. (Torah Matrix)
2. Had a night route along Highway 23 and Highway 55 in Stearns County (Tornado Alley)
3. Committed crimes in St. Joseph, Cold Spring, Paynesville, and Belgrade.
4. Wore ski mask and winter coat to hide identity
5. Possible connection to Jackie Theel? Or maybe something to do with being molested himself as a child (history repeating)
6. Suffered from severe eczema or Seborrheic dermatitis
7. Is/was local to Stearns County
8. Also involved in Jared's assault and the Paynesville assaults
9. Probably had a scanner (possibly purchased from Radioshack in Paynesville?)
10. Possible connection to local priests/monks (perp maybe was molested by a priest)
11. Had little formal education and most likely didn't have a particular skill, trade, or profession.
12. Had some connection to DH. (DH was possibly a key witness in Wetterling case)
13. Media seems to only confuse matters more.

Anyone else have any input on this?

My input on this- if Mossad knows who kidnapped Jacob, he needs to go to police ASAP and stop playing games.

If you look at the DR farm and consider there were two additional buildings, that is a huge place to search!

When I look at the overhead view, I count 8 buildings, in addition to the house, plus several corn bins and a silo...sadly, none were searched that night.

A neighbor (DR) calling or dropping by Wetterling's home and offering to help in any way he could, IMO, would have been a more natural thing to do. It's what people do in small towns.

Yes, offering help seems like the natural thing to do. However, ariel castro, who abducted Berry, Dejesus and knight, was very involved in search and rescue efforts. He attended many candle lite visuals for his victims. He was also friendly and offered assistance to the family members of his victims. Sometimes being involved in an Investigation can also be a sign of guilt.

<modsnip>how incredibly stupid it would have been to abduct someone from the end of his driveway and expose of him in an instrument case while driving directly through LE.

Let's think of the instrument cases dripping with blood. Surely someone along the way would have examined them. DR said the cases contained instruments he repaired. Surely LE examined that idea, too.

A professor named Aubrey Immelman at St. John's University has done a linkage analysis connecting some of the disappearances in MN. His overarching contention is that it is very strange to have such a large number of disappearances and sexual assaults on young males in a specific area. You can google his name and Jacob's or Joshua Guimond's names to find out more about his ideas.

Let's think of the instrument cases dripping with blood. Surely someone along the way would have examined them. DR said the cases contained instruments he repaired. Surely LE examined that idea, too.

Why would it be dripping with blood?

A professor named Aubrey Immelman at St. John's University has done a linkage analysis connecting some of the disappearances in MN. His overarching contention is that it is very strange to have such a large number of disappearances and sexual assaults on young males in a specific area. You can google his name and Jacob's or Joshua Guimond's names to find out more about his ideas.

It might have something to do with the astronomical amount of child molesters in the area.

I guess I understood you to say that he didn't go to work that night because his wife was afraid to be alone due to a kidnapping in the neighborhood. How did they get that information? Other neighbors?

Yes, if you could find out more info from your in-laws it would be helpful IMO!

Talking to locals about what they saw/heard then and now if very insightful. I am also local, but many of my contacts from that time period have passed away.

Thanks!

I think they knew LE was looking for someone in the neighborhood, but I'm not sure if they knew there was a kidnapping. I'll have to confirm that as well.

I am having a heck of a time keeping up with you guys, so my apologies if what I am about to write is rehash (currently on page 23 of what I think is the current thread). Nevertheless, I would like to write this thought as it remains fresh in my mind.

There has been great discussion on here about the search of DR's property and the lack of crucial evidence produced through these searches. Some have claimed that the lack of evidence points in favor of DR's innocence, while others have suggested that LE did not conduct a thorough search of the Rassier property, and have suggested other spots which should have been searched during the 2010 excavation (ie the enormous pile of firewood). Moreover, others have suggested that evidence was produced through the excavation/search, and that evidence will be further evaluated as technology improves. Anyone of these scenarios may be true, but one thing we did not get out these searches was closure to a case that has haunted our memories for 25 long years, instead we are faced with more questions than answers.

Human and sasquash pointed out that it wasn't until after the search/excavation of the Rassier farmstead that DR was officially named as a POI. None of us know the reasons why he was named, but we must assume that LE has some undisclosed reasoning for this. Its possible that public disclosure of him as a POI was a plan B, in the case that Plan A (the search/excavation of his property) did not produce incriminating "smoking gun" evidence. The naming of DR as a POI suggests that LE is convinced that DR is responsible for Jacob's abduction in some way.

The lack of incriminating evidence recovered from the rassier property 21 years after the abduction is not surprising to me. For the longest time I used to think that if jacob was killed by DR, than his body must be buried somewhere on the property. However, the more I think about this the more illogical it seems. Simply, when would DR have time to dispose of a body on his own property unnoticed by anyone? I can only assume that his property was bustling with heavy activity for weeks after the abduction from LE, the media, search and rescue teams etc. Not to mention that his parents would be returning from their European vacation shortly. So really, I dont see how he could have disposed of a body on his own property without being noticed ANYONE.

If we are to assume that DR is responsible for the abduction of Jacob then we must assume that he disposed of the body somewhere off his property. One thing we do know as fact is that DR drove past LE the morning after the abduction with a car full of musical equipment. We also know that LE questioned him at some point that same day and searched his car (maybe they just looked at his tiers). However, I don't think LE searched the musical equipment cases. Nevertheless, it remains a possibility that Jacob's body may have been in one of these cases, and if so, then we must assume that he disposed of the body somewhere in the vicinity of saint Joseph and cold spring, specifically somewhere along Minnesota highway 2.

I really doubt that Jacob could have been in his car trunk. That would be extremely risky being that DR knew he had to get past LE. There would have to have been a pretty large instrument case to fit him in or else he would have had to cut him up into pieces and seal the parts in bags to keep the blood and smell from permeating. Sorry for the graphic description, but to me it just doesn't seem plausible.

Why would it be dripping with blood?

I suppose it would depend how J was murdered, assuming this would be true. However, let us remember that J was not a small child - hard to stuff an 80 lb body in most musical cases that would be used in a school setting. What would he have done with the body at school, assuming that was his destination.

I suppose it would depend how J was murdered, assuming this would be true. However, let us remember that J was not a small child - hard to stuff an 80 lb body in most musical cases that would be used in a school setting. What would he have done with the body at school, assuming that was his destination.

I don't think that is what he did. I think he put him in the firepit.

There are plenty of instrument cases that would work. Cello, bass, tuba

What a horrible topic though.

He could have gone to St. John's where there are all kinds of options

Why would he make a comment about the stuff in his car? That is so weird.

Maybe there was no blood. Maybe jacob was strangled. Wouldnt be hard for a fit man like DR to do such a thing to an 11 year old boy.

I really doubt that Jacob could have been in his car trunk. That would be extremely risky being that DR knew he had to get past LE. There would have to have been a pretty large instrument case to fit him in or else he would have had to cut him up into pieces and seal the parts in bags to keep the blood and smell from permeating. Sorry for the graphic description, but to me it just doesn't seem plausible.

I think driving past LE the morning after the abduction with a body hidden in a musical instrument case was a risk DR was willing to take. He probably figured that it was only a matter of time before LE would search all the building on his property (which they never did).

What would he have done with the body at school, assuming that was his destination.

this is where the theory begins to crumble. I have no idea what he did with the body before or after work. Perhaps he dumped the body somewhere along highway 2? I would assume that was the route DR used to commute for work. Dumping the body somewhere in st johns is another possibility. I remember hearing rumors that the Saint johns woods never got searched (I grew up in st cloud).

this is where the theory begins to crumble. I have no idea what he did with the body before or after work. Perhaps he dumped the body somewhere along highway 2? I would assume that was the route DR used to commute for work. Dumping the body somewhere in st johns is another possibility. I remember hearing rumors that the Saint johns woods never got searched (I grew up in st cloud).

If anyone (not just DR) from St. John's took him, they have tunnels, several huge furnaces, a kiln, and their own crematorium and cemetery right on the grounds. No need to leave Jacob (or Josh) in the woods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Before.the.dawn