MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The same story has a quote from DR that seems to be ignored:

"Rassier says the fact investigators found nothing on the farm should give everyone hope."

Hope about what?

And it is not true they did not find anything.

They kept items for the futurel

From the quoted article above:

This is the third time the Rassier family farm has been searched, the first was immediately after the abduction, the second time was 6 years ago when investigators examined Daniel Rassier's computer.

My question: why did they search the computer? LE just can't come in and search your computer. What was that all about?

Apparently they had no authority to look fir his journals then. Only the computer

Than where are the perps footprints? Again, speculation that doesn't have factual proof to back it up.

When someone says:
"My only thought is..." or "I also believe" they are stating their opinion and IMO, don't need to state a "source." YMMV

I also heard that in the 3rd search of DRs farm that DR requested to get back onto the property during the search to retrieve some papers, was he actually trying to do whatever he could to retrieve his journal or parts of it?

Here is the reference to the papers. The other article I posted was interesting to me, once again. Rereading stuff is interesting to me .Anyway, the papers.

http://archive.kare11.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=875817

Invesigators told the Rassiers to leave the property, but Dan got permission to go back briefly to pick up some paperwork.
And from DR...

Rassier says the fact investigators found nothing on the farm should give everyone hope.
So what's the problem? Do we know for sure LE found "nothing"?

And a lot of times no one is doing that. Their are sentences on the board where there is no reference to something being an opinion. It comes off as fact which ultimately does more harm than good.

When someone says:
"My only thought is..." or "I also believe" they are stating their opinion and IMO, don't need to state a "source." YMMV

I saw sheriff Sanner on Saturday and told him he would not be getting my re-election vote until he addressed publicly why they still possess DR's possessions. Granted one vote doesn't do anything, but he needs to hear first hand that people have questions as to why LE has continued to keep DR's possessions. IMO, further "testing" is an excuse that doesn't cut it. What are they waiting for? At least let the public know what technology their waiting on development for. The longer they hold his possessions the longer the public continues to speculate on his involvement, which IMO is what LE wants.

Hope about what?

And it is not true they did not find anything.

They kept items for the futurel

I saw sheriff Sanner on Saturday and told him he would not be getting my re-election vote until he addressed publicly why they still possess DR's possessions. Granted one vote doesn't do anything, but he needs to hear first hand that people have questions as to why LE has continued to keep DR's possessions. IMO, further "testing" is an excuse that doesn't cut it. What are they waiting for? At least let the public know what technology their waiting on development for. The longer they hold his possessions the longer the public continues to speculate on his involvement, which IMO is what LE wants.

What was his response, if any?

Good on u, FindTim. One vote can make a difference, and something should put his upcoming 15 min of fame into perspective (the upcoming Walsh show)
IMO Stearns County Sheriffs office botched this investigation the minute they arrived on the scene (or should I say the instant the call went out over the radio that was subsequently intercepted by "Kevin")

And a lot of times no one is doing that. Their are sentences on the board where there is no reference to something being an opinion. It comes off as fact which ultimately does more harm than good.
Then you politely ask for a link, alert, or pm a mod. Mods don't read each and every post.

A criminal case is not a popularity contest. He is doing what he is supposed to do n a criminal case. The public does not get to know the information. Why should we?

A criminal case is not a popularity contest. He is doing what he is supposed to do n a criminal case. The public does not get to know the information. Why should we?

I believe if he was doing what he was supposed to do
Either 1. DR would be arrested or cleared and 2. We'd know where Jacob is

Than where are the perps footprints? Again, speculation that doesn't have factual proof to back it up.

IDK where the perp's footprints are/were....have wondered about that for a long time as well. It may be that we don't have enough public information to determine that. As for my comment of Jacob making a break for it and the perp grabbing him at that moment....I WAS speculating as to how Jacob's last footprint could be explained if the perp was on foot(I don't believe his footprint was planted btw). For the record, IMO his footprint is facing due south and I have not been able to reconcile that with a perp on foot. In my mind, this is a BIG clue. I don't have the answer but it is perplexing and worthy of study.

As for posters speculating without actual factual proof-I agree it would be ideal to stick to only facts, but....that's a tall order to expect everyone to constantly qualify their statements and with limited information. This isn't a courtroom. It's a discussion blog. I understand things may sometimes get out of hand but readers of WS have to use some judgement to decipher what is speculative and what is fact. Posters on WS do not have the luxury of being privy to information that LE has.....so we're left with bits of information that we use to brainstorm possibilities. IMO, there are enough divergent opinions on this site to challenge anything which seems implausible.....and your posts are a great example of that. I have my own opinions of the case and even my own preconceptions....but these are not proof and so I remain open while reading and contemplating postings on WS.

bbm
What are they (LE) waiting for? They are holding the items on which the cadaver dogs IDENTIFIED CADAVERINE from Dan’s garage so these items can be reprocessed with newer technology. This is done frequently by LE. Here are a few examples of how reprocessed evidence led to an arrest in a cold case. Dan should be worried, IMO.
http://america.aljazeera.com/watch/...than-csi-hightechdnavacuumcrackscoldcase.html
http://www.ktul.com/story/25227075/new-osbi-technology-helps-solve-cold-case
http://www.kgw.com/news/Man-get-12-years-for-1994-cold-case-murder-257715841.html

In 2010, cadaver dogs IDENTIFIED CADAVERINE on several items in Dan’s garage attic. The highly-trained FBI cadaver dogs, flown in from another state to search Dan’s property, didn’t alert on animal blood. They were trained to only alert on the smell of human cadaverine. The discovery of human cadaverine in Dan's garage allowed LE to go back to the judge and get more warrants for the farm house.
http://www.immelman.us/news/wetterling-suspect-dan-rassier/

Yes, that pesky technology that marches on.

Wonder what was in those journals??? Wonder why some pages were missing??

I don't think a year or two would make a difference, however.... It's a nonsensical question....maybe even a diversion on the perp's part to allow time to identify the perp's preferences. IMO, the perp preferred Jacob and needed to identify him without letting the others know that he was targeting Jacob. Jacob + Aaron were the same age(11). Trevor was youngest(10)...let go first. Then Aaron was let go and told to run. I wonder what the actual physical order in the ditch was of Trevor, Aaron, Jacob(my preconception is Trevor to the south, Aaron in the middle, Jacob on the north-this would follow the line of questioning and release)....my suspicion is that the perp wanted Jacob and coincidentally the physical order was the same by chance(Aaron + Trevor could verify this). BECAUSE.....IF it was very dark then the perp knew what he was looking for...he would not have let go Trevor or Aaron if he had no idea what Jacob looked like. The 'age' question is simply a diversion to identify each boy and verfiy(their face). It seems as it happened that Jacob was last...if he had been in the middle, I wonder how things would have transpired.

If the perp was asking ages in order to get a good look and identify Jacob in the dark, targeting him, then is it possible that the perp had recently abused Jacob? Maybe he started worrying about Jacob telling and decided to make sure that didn't happen. I know this was discussed, but it's been a while.

Yesterday was my first time visiting the site since I started participating on WS. Completely different thoughts in my head than when I visited it previous times, before DR named and before knowing about other local pedos thanks to many of you. I still want to be a little more certain about Feeney's alibi, although I guess LE must be pretty certain about it. Articles I read said this abduction wasn't Feeney's MO, but still-- if my above scenario about preventing Jacob from telling...then that would require a different action than his usual grooming. Or, it could have been DR or anyone in the same scenario.

Also, Sasquatch and others -- very interesting thoughts about DR going back in (and being allowed back in) to gather some paperwork. Agree. Whether he's the perp or not, I suspect he was concerned about his Jacob file. I don't think it's totally weird that he had newspaper clippings. I think it's very weird if he actually recorded TV news and kept it, unless he tends to record a lot of TV and hold onto it for 20 years (???)

If the perp was asking ages in order to get a good look and identify Jacob in the dark, targeting him, then is it possible that the perp had recently abused Jacob? Maybe he started worrying about Jacob telling and decided to make sure that didn't happen. I know this was discussed, but it's been a while.

Yesterday was my first time visiting the site since I started participating on WS. Completely different thoughts in my head than when I visited it previous times, before DR named and before knowing about other local pedos thanks to many of you. I still want to be a little more certain about Feeney's alibi, although I guess LE must be pretty certain about it. Articles I read said this abduction wasn't Feeney's MO, but still-- if my above scenario about preventing Jacob from telling...then that would require a different action than his usual grooming. Or, it could have been DR or anyone in the same scenario.

Also, Sasquatch and others -- very interesting thoughts about DR going back in (and being allowed back in) to gather some paperwork. Agree. Whether he's the perp or not, I suspect he was concerned about his Jacob file. I don't think it's totally weird that he had newspaper clippings. I think it's very weird if he actually recorded TV news and kept it, unless he tends to record a lot of TV and hold onto it for 20 years (???)

Jacob is from an intact loving home in which the parents did a lot of activities with their children.,Jacob was fishing with his Dad. They watch football together. Dad brought him to hockey try outs.

This is not a child who had a big bulls eye on him as being vulnerable to the attentions of a molester.

I do not have time to look it up now, but molesters can pick up the vulmerable

The final link you posted made no reference to cadaverine and how it has applied to the search warrant. Repost the correct link please.

bbm
What are they (LE) waiting for? They are holding the items on which the cadaver dogs IDENTIFIED CADAVERINE from Dan’s garage so these items can be reprocessed with newer technology. This is done frequently by LE. Here are a few examples of how reprocessed evidence led to an arrest in a cold case. Dan should be worried, IMO.
http://america.aljazeera.com/watch/...than-csi-hightechdnavacuumcrackscoldcase.html
http://www.ktul.com/story/25227075/new-osbi-technology-helps-solve-cold-case
http://www.kgw.com/news/Man-get-12-years-for-1994-cold-case-murder-257715841.html

In 2010, cadaver dogs IDENTIFIED CADAVERINE on several items in Dan’s garage attic. The highly-trained FBI cadaver dogs, flown in from another state to search Dan’s property, didn’t alert on animal blood. They were trained to only alert on the smell of human cadaverine. The discovery of human cadaverine in Dan's garage allowed LE to go back to the judge and get more warrants for the farm house.
http://www.immelman.us/news/wetterling-suspect-dan-rassier/

He's a public servant employed by my tax paying money. I will absolutely vote for or against Sheriff Sanner based upon my thoughts and beliefs.

Jacob is from an intact loving home in which the parents did a lot of activities with their children.,Jacob was fishing with his Dad. They watch football together. Dad brought him to hockey try outs.

This is not a child who had a big bulls eye on him as being vulnerable to the attentions of a molester.

I do not have time to look it up now, but molesters can pick up the vulmerable

True. I had also wondered if the target could have been his best friend and perp got confused in dark. His friend probably wouldn't be a typically vulnerable type either though, so I guess it's a never-mind. Just throwing pasta to the wall to see if any sticks.

He's a public servant employed by my tax paying money. I will absolutely vote for or against Sheriff Sanner based upon my thoughts and beliefs.

As is your right, and you are free to choose the basis from which to determine your choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo