MN MN - Joshua Guimond, 20, Collegeville, 9 Nov 2002 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think this is the part where I will leave this case until the "official" answer is revealed. As web sleuths we're limited by the information we can get hold of publicly and St John's and the sheriffs are clearly holding back information that would solve the case.

It seems to me that puzzle's theory sounds so plausible that I can't beat it. I still think Nick and the poker party friends are suspicious and Stearn's sheriffs need to work overtime on solving this case and releasing their findings not protecting the monastery and keeping things quiet.

you have done some good things with your theories and ithink all friends and even katie are suspicious too!! but unless anyone has any e vidence why this wasnot the monks sending a message then that is going to remain my theory... i believe stearns county sherrifs dep know it was the monks and first tried to say it was an accidental drowning,,then it was snapping turtles, then it couldhave been nick or poker party or 28 men on josh comp.every turn the sherifs have blamed anyonebut the monks

they even told wollmering he was not a suspect! they didnt release what they found on wollmerings computer...they didnt release a statement about wollmerings room in the abbey being searched.theres a guy on simplyvanished saying the police know all or most of the 28 men already and have sat on those photos since 2008 or earlier!!! josh dad said why are they doing something now? ? oh thats right because netflix isairing unsolved mysteries.....and he is right....14 years to put out photos?? give me a break!!

thats before we mention that it was stearns county who discredited the bloodhound.and it was the guy leading the investigation of stearns county who was a graduate of st johns.corruption. total corruption.

why did abbey take down the tunnel maps?? why did the abbey knock down metten ct??? why did the abbey knock down the incinerator??? why did wollmering die?? oh yeah because that was 'probable accident' and then on final autopsy report its removed!! YOu cant remove pieces from an autopsy report!!!

but the person doing the autopsy was not licensed and offered to change an autopsy report for a womanbecause he had got it so badly wrong (someone posted a link a page or two back) saying how the gall bladder i think it was.....the deceased man did not have one but the autopsy report didnt mention this.someone in the sheriffs dept doesnt want this solved because high profile pedophiles are involved and the abbey probably funds the sheriffs in some way

maybe we need to look at the money trail..

I've spent the last few days re-visiting the Simply Vanished podcast. I listened to some (but not all) of the episodes again. I took a look over at the website and it hints that there was supposed to be a season 2 but I wonder if it has been cancelled? I would very much like to hear if they got any new leads after season 1? Did anyone come forward? Have there been any updates? Leaving the podcast like that is frustrating.

Also, whatever happened to The hunt for Josh documentary (here)? The video was posted 4 years ago but did it get cancelled too?

And what about Stearn's County Sheriff Dept? They said they were going to release something on the anniversary of Josh's disappearance? Ever since the Netflix episode, they have been silent. Are they even working on this case anymore?

It seems like every time this case begins to get some traction it just stops and that makes me feel sad.

the simply vanished forum is full of people who think josh was 'exploring; !! there is no evidence of this.i would also like newvile to do pod cast series 2 and keep us all updated.stearns county must have more information they canshare. like can we get an update on the 28 men,can we get an update on the owner of the pontiac,did you even bother going back to him?stearns county said on a news report they were going to reinterview friends.....did this never happen??? stearns countyhave a lack of transparency and it hurts them badly in this case

I've continued (with very very limited time) to read up on Josh's case and found a video that for me, is so eerie to watch, and tells me that the bloodhound HAD to be onto something very, very serious.

I strongly urge people to watch this (disclaimer, not my video)

Now I'm able to physically gauge the walk/distance of where Josh was allegedly last sighted (bridge), and the dogs traced his scent at the Abbey and then by the lake, I am feeling somewhat reassured that the bloodhound picking up the scent there is no mistake. That's an extremely specific place on campus for a dog to go. The dog could have stayed hanging around Josh's dorm room, or near the bridge. The fact the dog goes ALL THE WAY to the cabin and near the lake tells me there has got to be something in it. Dogs don't lie.

I'll re-watch the video a few times this week and see if I can pick up on anything we may have missed.

I've continued (with very very limited time) to read up on Josh's case and found a video that for me, is so eerie to watch, and tells me that the bloodhound HAD to be onto something very, very serious.

I strongly urge people to watch this (disclaimer, not my video)

Now I'm able to physically gauge the walk/distance of where Josh was allegedly last sighted (bridge), and the dogs traced his scent at the Abbey and then by the lake, I am feeling somewhat reassured that the bloodhound picking up the scent there is no mistake. That's an extremely specific place on campus for a dog to go. The dog could have stayed hanging around Josh's dorm room, or near the bridge. The fact the dog goes ALL THE WAY to the cabin and near the lake tells me there has got to be something in it. Dogs don't lie.

I'll re-watch the video a few times this week and see if I can pick up on anything we may have missed.
I wonder if anyone of his friends who where with Josh before they went to Mettencourt, recollects the fact that they left the TV on? There is also no mentioning of the half hour telephone call, just before Josh deleted all the Yahoo accounts. Nothing about the tunnels on St. John's.

I remember reading somewhere that there were a skirt and 2 cucumbers (not sure exactly, but a strange find) found on someones property lying next to the St. Johns campus.

I wonder if anyone of his friends who where with Josh before they went to Mettencourt, recollects the fact that they left the TV on? There is also no mentioning of the half hour telephone call, just before Josh deleted all the Yahoo accounts. Nothing about the tunnels on St. John's.

I remember reading somewhere that there were a skirt and 2 cucumbers (not sure exactly, but a strange find) found on someones property lying next to the St. Johns campus.
I find all of the "friends" silence quite chilling. I know if I vanished all my friends would give huge amounts of info, with times, dates, locations, specific details on what happened etc.

I find it beyond the realms of what's normal that none of the friends have stated about the TV being left on. About the wallet left in the room. Why would Josh go to a poker party, presumably to win cash without a wallet? Why did Josh go back to his dorm and key card back in?

This makes me extremely skeptical of the "friends".

Now, I hate to look like I'm defending the monks, but I heard some people say that the monks are usually in bed by 10pm as they have early starts the next day for prayers etc. If that truly is the case, then I suspect the friends even more. Their lack of information and details is disturbing.

The half hour telephone call does seem suspicious. It's a shame we'll never know what that was about. I can't believe the number he dialed wasn't logged anywhere. The tunnel map was suspiciously deleted from the website of St Johns which is crazy to me. I find it even more crazy that no one on the web seems to have saved a copy of it and shared it online.

Every single angle I attack this case at, I come back to poker party, Nick and Katie, or monks. I truly do believe 1 of those 3 hold the answers.

I find all of the "friends" silence quite chilling. I know if I vanished all my friends would give huge amounts of info, with times, dates, locations, specific details on what happened etc.

I find it beyond the realms of what's normal that none of the friends have stated about the TV being left on. About the wallet left in the room. Why would Josh go to a poker party, presumably to win cash without a wallet? Why did Josh go back to his dorm and key card back in?

This makes me extremely skeptical of the "friends".

Now, I hate to look like I'm defending the monks, but I heard some people say that the monks are usually in bed by 10pm as they have early starts the next day for prayers etc. If that truly is the case, then I suspect the friends even more. Their lack of information and details is disturbing.

The half hour telephone call does seem suspicious. It's a shame we'll never know what that was about. I can't believe the number he dialed wasn't logged anywhere. The tunnel map was suspiciously deleted from the website of St Johns which is crazy to me. I find it even more crazy that no one on the web seems to have saved a copy of it and shared it online.

Every single angle I attack this case at, I come back to poker party, Nick and Katie, or monks. I truly do believe 1 of those 3 hold the answers.
I don't know why I feel this, but I have doubts about the true meaning of "friends" in Josh's case. Were they really "friends" he shared his inner emotions with or "just" people he hung out with, guys among each other so to say, drinking, having a laugh, party etc, but not really sharing much about what's goes on inside.

I mean his friendships feels superficial. Of course everybody searched for "the record", but real useful info was kept to the vest. I think everybody was mostly scared for their own reputations. My impression (and off course I can't look into somebody) non of them was totally broken.

ETA

Last edited:
I don't know why I feel this, but I have doubts about the true meaning of "friends" in Josh's case. Were they really "friends" he shared his inner emotions with or "just" people he hung out with, guys among each other so to say, drinking, having a laugh, party etc, but not really sharing much about what's goes on inside.

I mean his friendships feels superficial. Of course everybody searched for "the record", but real useful info was kept to the vest. I think everybody was mostly scared for their own reputations. My impression (and off course I can't look into somebody) non of them was totally broken.

ETA

The more I've looked at this case the more and more I see this. I completely agree 100%. That's the impression I get too.

To me, that increases the likelihood that these aquantinences are hiding something. If they don't know Josh very well, plus they're protecting their own careers, I do believe that they could keep a secret because what's the alternative? A jail sentence.

So the choice is either: A) spill the beans and admit you know something about the disappearance and get sent to prison or B) act dumb and never say anything and get the job you always wanted.

I did look at some of the names and where they ended up after St John's and all the ones I did look at, had made it to the well paying, highly respected jobs they'd wanted.

Which brings me back down to: monks or the friends/aquantinences of Josh. Pontiac theory slightly less likely. Monks potentially asleep, but we don't know for sure.

By deduction, we're left with the aquantinences knowing something.

Something has been troubling me all day and I couldn't put my finger on it, until now. I've studied every line in the youtube video I posted here , and one line that stands out to me is that the narrator says that Nick denied he and Josh had the argument about Katie.

That's the very first time I've ever heard that. Does anyone have any links to articles where she's getting that info from? Because that would raise yet another red flag in this case. The "friend" who overheard Josh and Nick arguing wouldn't make it up, there's nothing to gain from that, is there?

Whoever said they overheard Nick and Josh arguing can only be one of their flatmates. And we know Greg Worden and Alex Jude came over to Josh's place. So that would mean the argument was overheard around 5pm-6:40pm (ish). Then Josh disappears later that night...hmm...I wonder.

Before I theorise anymore, do we have any articles where Nick denies the argument took place?

Something has been troubling me all day and I couldn't put my finger on it, until now. I've studied every line in the youtube video I posted here , and one line that stands out to me is that the narrator says that Nick denied he and Josh had the argument about Katie.

That's the very first time I've ever heard that. Does anyone have any links to articles where she's getting that info from? Because that would raise yet another red flag in this case. The "friend" who overheard Josh and Nick arguing wouldn't make it up, there's nothing to gain from that, is there?

Whoever said they overheard Nick and Josh arguing can only be one of their flatmates. And we know Greg Worden and Alex Jude came over to Josh's place. So that would mean the argument was overheard around 5pm-6:40pm (ish). Then Josh disappears later that night...hmm...I wonder.

Before I theorise anymore, do we have any articles where Nick denies the argument took place?
There would be something to gain from saying there was an argument if it didn't happen.
It gives an appearance of motive. Maybe someone was redirecting attention away from them or their group.

There would be something to gain from saying there was an argument if it didn't happen.
It gives an appearance of motive. Maybe someone was redirecting attention away from them or their group.
Exactly why I said there wouldn't be anything to gain....unless, whoever said there was an argument was redirecting attention away.

Which tells me once again that between the friends, somewhere, whether it's poker party, Nick or Katie, one of them knows much more than they're saying.

At this point in time, I'm thinking Josh's case may be individual of Noll and Jenkins, and that one of Josh's aquantinences is lying about the argument taking place. That's where police need/needed to focus their energy.

i last posted a few weeks ago and made an observation .one of joshs web searches was for 'brewsters millions'

so lets look at it and analyze it

the movie iteself is about a young man who inherits money and has to spend $30 million in 30 days to keep the $300 million left in a will.....does this movie choice mean anything?? well maybe maybe not...but it makes me think did josh haveany finance problems...? did he meet someone in the hope it would get him money?? could that be the reason josh was on yahoo personals to catfish men for money for university fees? i dont know if st johns is an expensive place to be but i heard it isnt cheap either

one website reported josh looked up brewsters millions on the video store of the university at 4:54pm on nov 9, 2002.saint johns had a video rental at sexton building.

if you look here Sexton Commons you can see sexton commons had a 'video-rental store'

now we should locate this place....where is sexton commons?? it is 5-7 min walk from maur house (josh dorm)

timeline leading up to josh looking for brewsters millions::
12:30pm-12:57pm - Josh goes to library to get books for his paper and returns to his dorm

2:30pm - 3:30pm – Checks his emails and looks for a seasonal job

3:46pm - Josh checks college movie station website to look at the schedule for that day. Leaves dorm room briefly.

3:57pm - He enters his dorm room using his keycard
at this point josh did not have the invite from poker party....or katie.some theory said maybe he met someone at library and planned a movie that night but i disagreee....i think josh did not meet anyone at the library

this sends me down the lines of 'why did josh not go to katies place with nick....' or more 'why did nick go without josh'

then you have this....probably the most interesting article of that time

1. katie and friends at sexton (sexton commons is where the video rental and library was)
  2. nate and friends left campus on weekend of november 16 and 17 2002... 'just to get away from st johns'
  3. katies face in bottom right with all friends looking at her .... just interesting
  4. comment from the article makes me feel un easy 'while the past week has been difficult, his friends and roommates are much closer now' - Adam streater
from the comments, the looks on faces, nate and friends leaving the following weekend.....i just sense something off about the friends. i dont even like adam's comments very mcuh.

but here is my final thoughts on what happened on nov 9 2002

and despite what i posted earlier....i dontt think its the friend.s. who do i believe it is.....MONKS

let me break down why. these monks use the veil of religion to hide the fact they are sadistic sexual predators.their crimes know no bounds.
all you have to do is look at finian mcdonald Monk accused of abuse had 200 sexual partners, some were child prostitutes
he had 200 victims and that is just 1 man.....1 man....200 victims.

wollmering was one of the worst. an evil piece of.....i wont say what i really think of this vile waste of oxygen.

but i do believe wollmering got josh because josh had uncovered what was really going on at the abbey

i believe after josh left the poke party,,, bruce wollmering was the jogger who was saw running towards campus after midnight.i believe bruce wollmering would have used a ruse to get josh in a position where he could easily overpower him....

my theory is that josh did leave the poker party early and we will never know why. maybe he was drugged by a student who was working with bruce. remember monks had sexual relationships with students on campus. read the article above...finian mcdonald had sexual relationships with students on campus!!!

i think bruce wollmering possibly had a sexual relationship with a student who drugged josh and josh left the party feeling sick and was going back to his dorm.at the same time wollmering jogs towards josh and says he will take him to the monastery to make sure he is ok. wollmering says they should use a shortcut and they went in the tunnel to behind the abbey.this is why the scent disappeared on the bridge...the tunnel is right near the bridge...its the same tunnel that was photographed by a user on here i think

this video shows the location hoover was sniffing around near the boat house and near the abbey

hoover the dog was right.josh was taken there. the dog was very experienced and very good. wollmering had the keys to the incinerator and the underground tunnels and the incinerator which was run on an off day....

the reason wollmering killed josh was because he was terrified that josh had enough information to get himself and the abbey in serious trouble... remember the abbey is a huge part of minnesota and they need the money because it funds their pedophile ring....yes....you read that right....st johns abbey is a pedophile ring.when the monks get caught they get sent to bahamas and japan to continue their pedophillia acitvities in new surroundings where they are unknown!!

but wait theres more

stearns county know who did it....stearns county sealed wollmerings room and took his computer when he died but its an active case so they never released the findings.....the case is solved but they are leaving it as an active case so they dont have to release the findings because they are linked to st johns abbey in many ways...former sheriff is a graduate of st johns abbey for example and likely someone from the sheriff is part of the pedophile ring

so what do stearns county do??? drag out the case....pretend its active...make up stories about snapping turtles and quicksand even though the quicksand theory is proved false!!

then they release BS photographs of men on the computer. any dumbass in the world can tell you those men are nothing to do with the case....yahoo is (was) a worldwide chat room program on the web.... it wasnt all people from joshs campus.....no way sherifffs are this stupid. they are covering up and know those photos will never be identified because theyre from all over the world and 99.9% of people on the photogrpahs arent in minnesota or have even heard of minnesota!!!

look at stearns county on facebook....this year they pretended the case is still active but didnt include the photos.even they know they cant carry on that any more

so what is the reason nick and all the friends wont comment on the story? why do nate and adam and all of those guys never do interviews.because i think they are the ones who killed wollmering.

think about it. they cant go to police because the police are involved in the coverup.they are worried about going missing themselves.so they gather up when they figure out what happened and take the law into their own hands

immelman released the profiel on joshs likely abductor and it gained traction in 2006...wollmering died 2009 when the friends of josh put the pieces of the puzzle together.

this is what i believe happened.i believe the sheriffs know exactly what happened and wollmerings computer had evidence relating to josh but if its an active case they dont have to release it...so they will BS and waste time forever more.

i believe everything else relating to the case is a coincidence or not relevant. the only relevant thing on joshs computer that they have released is that josh was searching for statute of limitations st johns conspiracy theories .....which says it all.

i believe this is the closest theory we will ever get unless stearns county grow a conscience !

Wow it took a few days but I read through everything. The amount of knowledge and dedication on this thread astounds me, the work done is vast and to everyone's credit. I think LE suffered from tunnel vision, which can happen, and focused too much on the lake. I think this happened on this thread too with far too much focus on the monks vs lake theories to the detriment of anything else. It seems to me that recent developments about the computer and those photos stem from a fresh set of eyes looking at the case.
So I have some observations to make, if I make any glaring errors do correct me; I left my notes at work and others here are vastly more knowledgeable.

So firstly Sniffer dogs
Frankly I'm amazed LE used them let alone that they still figure in any credible theories. Sniffer dogs are amazing and I always trust them...but in this case, wholly pointless. So Joshua's scent was discovered...on the campus where he lived and spent his days! That's like sending a Sniffer dog into my house and finding my scent...of course they would! The places where the dog indicated by the lake was probably the exact route he took going to that party. He must have walked those paths hundreds, maybe thousands, of times.
It is somewhat interesting that his scent was indicated by and inside the Abbey and at the boat house however I've never seen any statement that he never ever went there so I can't base anything on that. He could have gone to the boathouse multiple times for all we know, and the abby too.
If the dog indeed indicated actually on that culvert, then that is strange and would suggest he was on it, which he would have no reason to be. But I'm not at all convinced it did indicate here.
The Sniffer dogs should have been used away from the campus to indicate if he was in a place he wasn't regularly. Down the main roads or in the woods. Not in places he walked every day.
The sightings of him; I'm not sure they can be 100% verified either. Especially fleeting glances in the dark.

Party & Friends
Besides his friends saying he was there, do we have any evidence at all that Joshua was actually at this party? I know some people are distrustful of the friends, and I'd add myself to that list. If I don't trust them, then why should I believe any of their statements. What other evidence is there he ever went to this party?

I was trying to look logically and find the easiest solution as to why Josh left all of his possessions in his room, why his TV was left on, why his computer was apparently playing songs and skipping them by itself and why his key card was never used to reenter his block/room.
The most logical answer: because Josh was there in his room the whole time. He never went to the party. He did leave his room, and then reentered again 6 mins later at 11.06 at which point I think he remained there until whatever happened happened.

If he was there at that party then something that he saw disturbed him enough that he wanted to leave in a hurry. Were Nick and Katie flirting in front of him? Something else? His friends make it sound like he just stood up and left. I hear this so often I missing person's cases, it's not believable. People don't just stand up and leave without an explanation or some reason otpr it being obvious their p***ed.
I noticed his friends said they called him 15 minutes later but he never answered. So they did notice he was gone and they were worried enough to call, why were they worried? He obviously had an argument and stormed off if he was ever there! (I don't think he was)

I don't have an explanation as to why he stayed in his room, maybe he intended to go but there was another argument with Nick and he changed his mind. There's just not enough to go on at this point. But that's what I think.

Computer being interfered with
I think this has so much more relevance than has been given to it. I also think LE might finally have realised this. What on Earth was he doing? He was creating fake IDs for his friends. He was using a dating app posing as 2 different females. He was looking at, and possibly saving, images of men's profiles. And I suspect he was doing something else also, something we aren't aware of, but that might have been problematic, especially to his friends if it got out perhaps, or to someone else.
Someone wanted that evidence gone. It isn't gone though and at some point all will be revealed.
I don't believe the Fake IDs was the issue, its hardly the crime of the century and this info wasn't even wiped. I believe whatever was so incriminating had to do with his yahoo dating site, search history and photos. Could it be he was catfishing before this was a thing? Were Josh and a friend blackmailing men they'd catfished via dating apps?

Well that's just my ideas. I tried to look at things differently and logically. I don't have a suspect nor a really genuine motive right now. Though I don't trust his friends. Their timelines make no sense, nor their remembrances of Josh. In fact Katie and the other girl (Julie? ) seem to be remebering a different person their views are so different! But in time maybe more info will come to light. I have a feeling we are looking at just 1 or 2 people, not all his friends.

Now, my take on the other main theories posted here:
The Lake. Well the cadaver dog indicated here, so there may be decomposing remains, or the water carried the scent of decomp from another location. I can't say he's not in there, but he wasn't found in multiple searches. If he is in there, I don't believe he fell in by accident though.

The monks. I don't see this. There were reports of sexual abuse before Josh disappeared and there were reports after. Why "disappear" Josh and bring the attention of the world to your door? They had nothing to gain from this and everything to lose. Ok, he was possibly planning to write a exposé but this wasn't the first time things had been written about them. And, as someone mentioned earlier in the thread, the writings of a student isn't gonna make a huge splash. They were awful creeps abusing their position, but this behaviour doesn't seem to fit.

Overdose at the party. Now, this does fit the bizarre timelines and recollections of people at the party. The scenario fits, but the logic doesn't. These are law students let's remember. If they found Joshua dead in the bathroom from a drugs overdose then what's gonna get them more in trouble and endanger their future careers and lives - that they were doing a few drugs at a party on campus (hardly noteworthy or unusual for students) and someone dies in a tragic accident? Or that they get caught covering up a death, hiding a body and lying to the police? Plus I don't think they'd all manage to keep the secret so long, someone's guilt would explode. Nah, I reckon they'd have called an ambulance and got slapped on the wrist for doing drugs. 8-12 people, including law students, aren't gonna all decide the best thing would be to hide a dead body that died accidentally and lie to police for the rest of their lives.

kudos for reading the thread its getting pretty long... i just want to point out something about form police officers theory

he didnt say all 8 or12 students would have kept quiet.he said the partyy was officially said to be over at 1am.dont yu find that odd?? josh gets there allegedly 11 30pm and party over 1am? former police officer said his theory is that many were told the party is over and 2-3 people remained and dealt with the body in the bathroom.this makes complete logical sense and is plausible...

my theory is slightly different.. I think the monks likely got josh because he had major dirt on them.maybe he knew a student was being groomed into a sexual relationship with a monk for example and the Abbey decided they didnt need that type of heat on them...

I think whatever way you look at it,NICK an Katie, Monks or poker party friends..... One of those knows the truth... my theory, if it was the monks is that joshs friends killed wollmering as revenge which is why they keep quiet.those friends are quiet for a reason... and their silence is key to solving it

the simply vanished forum is full of people who think josh was 'exploring; !! there is no evidence of this.i would also like newvile to do pod cast series 2 and keep us all updated.stearns county must have more information they canshare. like can we get an update on the 28 men,can we get an update on the owner of the pontiac,did you even bother going back to him?stearns county said on a news report they were going to reinterview friends.....did this never happen??? stearns countyhave a lack of transparency and it hurts them badly in this case
What is there to explore about you wonder. I consider deceiving people with a fake account a bad character trait. Sorry, but I can't look at this in any other way.

Wow it took a few days but I read through everything. The amount of knowledge and dedication on this thread astounds me, the work done is vast and to everyone's credit. I think LE suffered from tunnel vision, which can happen, and focused too much on the lake. I think this happened on this thread too with far too much focus on the monks vs lake theories to the detriment of anything else. It seems to me that recent developments about the computer and those photos stem from a fresh set of eyes looking at the case.
So I have some observations to make, if I make any glaring errors do correct me; I left my notes at work and others here are vastly more knowledgeable.

So firstly Sniffer dogs
Frankly I'm amazed LE used them let alone that they still figure in any credible theories. Sniffer dogs are amazing and I always trust them...but in this case, wholly pointless. So Joshua's scent was discovered...on the campus where he lived and spent his days! That's like sending a Sniffer dog into my house and finding my scent...of course they would! The places where the dog indicated by the lake was probably the exact route he took going to that party. He must have walked those paths hundreds, maybe thousands, of times.
It is somewhat interesting that his scent was indicated by and inside the Abbey and at the boat house however I've never seen any statement that he never ever went there so I can't base anything on that. He could have gone to the boathouse multiple times for all we know, and the abby too.
If the dog indeed indicated actually on that culvert, then that is strange and would suggest he was on it, which he would have no reason to be. But I'm not at all convinced it did indicate here.
The Sniffer dogs should have been used away from the campus to indicate if he was in a place he wasn't regularly. Down the main roads or in the woods. Not in places he walked every day.
The sightings of him; I'm not sure they can be 100% verified either. Especially fleeting glances in the dark.

Party & Friends
Besides his friends saying he was there, do we have any evidence at all that Joshua was actually at this party? I know some people are distrustful of the friends, and I'd add myself to that list. If I don't trust them, then why should I believe any of their statements. What other evidence is there he ever went to this party?

I was trying to look logically and find the easiest solution as to why Josh left all of his possessions in his room, why his TV was left on, why his computer was apparently playing songs and skipping them by itself and why his key card was never used to reenter his block/room.
The most logical answer: because Josh was there in his room the whole time. He never went to the party. He did leave his room, and then reentered again 6 mins later at 11.06 at which point I think he remained there until whatever happened happened.

If he was there at that party then something that he saw disturbed him enough that he wanted to leave in a hurry. Were Nick and Katie flirting in front of him? Something else? His friends make it sound like he just stood up and left. I hear this so often I missing person's cases, it's not believable. People don't just stand up and leave without an explanation or some reason otpr it being obvious their p***ed.
I noticed his friends said they called him 15 minutes later but he never answered. So they did notice he was gone and they were worried enough to call, why were they worried? He obviously had an argument and stormed off if he was ever there! (I don't think he was)

I don't have an explanation as to why he stayed in his room, maybe he intended to go but there was another argument with Nick and he changed his mind. There's just not enough to go on at this point. But that's what I think.

Computer being interfered with
I think this has so much more relevance than has been given to it. I also think LE might finally have realised this. What on Earth was he doing? He was creating fake IDs for his friends. He was using a dating app posing as 2 different females. He was looking at, and possibly saving, images of men's profiles. And I suspect he was doing something else also, something we aren't aware of, but that might have been problematic, especially to his friends if it got out perhaps, or to someone else.
Someone wanted that evidence gone. It isn't gone though and at some point all will be revealed.
I don't believe the Fake IDs was the issue, its hardly the crime of the century and this info wasn't even wiped. I believe whatever was so incriminating had to do with his yahoo dating site, search history and photos. Could it be he was catfishing before this was a thing? Were Josh and a friend blackmailing men they'd catfished via dating apps?

Well that's just my ideas. I tried to look at things differently and logically. I don't have a suspect nor a really genuine motive right now. Though I don't trust his friends. Their timelines make no sense, nor their remembrances of Josh. In fact Katie and the other girl (Julie? ) seem to be remebering a different person their views are so different! But in time maybe more info will come to light. I have a feeling we are looking at just 1 or 2 people, not all his friends.

Now, my take on the other main theories posted here:
The Lake. Well the cadaver dog indicated here, so there may be decomposing remains, or the water carried the scent of decomp from another location. I can't say he's not in there, but he wasn't found in multiple searches. If he is in there, I don't believe he fell in by accident though.

The monks. I don't see this. There were reports of sexual abuse before Josh disappeared and there were reports after. Why "disappear" Josh and bring the attention of the world to your door? They had nothing to gain from this and everything to lose. Ok, he was possibly planning to write a exposé but this wasn't the first time things had been written about them. And, as someone mentioned earlier in the thread, the writings of a student isn't gonna make a huge splash. They were awful creeps abusing their position, but this behaviour doesn't seem to fit.

Overdose at the party. Now, this does fit the bizarre timelines and recollections of people at the party. The scenario fits, but the logic doesn't. These are law students let's remember. If they found Joshua dead in the bathroom from a drugs overdose then what's gonna get them more in trouble and endanger their future careers and lives - that they were doing a few drugs at a party on campus (hardly noteworthy or unusual for students) and someone dies in a tragic accident? Or that they get caught covering up a death, hiding a body and lying to the police? Plus I don't think they'd all manage to keep the secret so long, someone's guilt would explode. Nah, I reckon they'd have called an ambulance and got slapped on the wrist for doing drugs. 8-12 people, including law students, aren't gonna all decide the best thing would be to hide a dead body that died accidentally and lie to police for the rest of their lives.
Hi and welcome to this thread. I appreciate you reading into this and your post.

The party
Were Nick and Katie flirting in front of him?
Nick and Katie were not at the party. They had a get-together off campus. Katie seems to have asked both of them coming over to her dorm, but Josh declined and Nick went alone. Maybe this bothered him a lot in retrospective and he had "visions" about what they were possibly doing together. There is also a roommate living in the house with Josh who recollects a fight (heated discussion) between Josh and Nick. Maybe Katie was the subject they were fighting about?

Nick and Katie were not at the party. They had a get-together off campus. Katie seems to have asked both of them coming over to her dorm, but Josh declined and Nick went alone. Maybe this bothered him a lot in retrospective and he had "visions" about what they were possibly doing together.
Hi and thanks! Ahh yes thank you, I read so much all at once! I did read this but it confused me a bit. OK so I doubt it's relevant then or a reason for him leaving the party (if there). He and Katie split up 2 months before yes? that's a lifetime at that age.
If Josh and Nick argued then we shouldn't automatically assume it was about Katie.

he didnt say all 8 or12 students would have kept quiet.he said the partyy was officially said to be over at 1am.dont yu find that odd?? josh gets there allegedly 11 30pm and party over 1am? former police officer said his theory is that many were told the party is over and 2-3 people remained and dealt with the body in the bathroom.this makes complete logical sense and is plausible...
Hi, thanks! I don't know enough about the parties that happened here to find it weird. But I'm not sure "party" is the right word, wasn't this just a gathering to play cards? Maybe by 1am enough had lost their money to make it essentially over. I don't know.

I still doubt Josh was ever present at that party. I know this flies in the face of everything. But I see absolutely no evidence he was ever there except the testimony of his friends who seem somewhat mixed up about their accounts of the night. While on the other hand I see both physical evidence and a digital footprint that he was in his room.

Hi and welcome to this thread. I appreciate you reading into this and your post.

The party

Nick and Katie were not at the party. They had a get-together off campus. Katie seems to have asked both of them coming over to her dorm, but Josh declined and Nick went alone. Maybe this bothered him a lot in retrospective and he had "visions" about what they were possibly doing together. There is also a roommate living in the house with Josh who recollects a fight (heated discussion) between Josh and Nick. Maybe Katie was the subject they were fighting about?
yes katie was said to be what the argument was about...and the video that i posted in post #734 the video says nick denied that argument!! i have not read anywheree on the web that nick denied it but he certainly is careful not to mention the argument especially on the netflix episode
Hi and thanks! Ahh yes thank you, I read so much all at once! I did read this but it confused me a bit. OK so I doubt it's relevant then or a reason for him leaving the party (if there). He and Katie split up 2 months before yes? that's a lifetime at that age.
If Josh and Nick argued then we shouldn't automatically assume it was about Katie.

Hi, thanks! I don't know enough about the parties that happened here to find it weird. But I'm not sure "party" is the right word, wasn't this just a gathering to play cards? Maybe by 1am enough had lost their money to make it essentially over. I don't know.

I still doubt Josh was ever present at that party. I know this flies in the face of everything. But I see absolutely no evidence he was ever there except the testimony of his friends who seem somewhat mixed up about their accounts of the night. While on the other hand I see both physical evidence and a digital footprint that he was in his room.
we are not automatically assuming it was about katie.the flatmate of josh and nick said the argument was about katie and i think on the netflix episode the sheriff says that too

this is where we need formerpolice user back because just because the computer was being used does not mean it was being used by josh. i find it hard to believe the computer was being used then just stopped. we need the simply vanished podcast to come back and give us the extra episodes they promised.has there been any update on the computer evidence?

i feel like there is a mountain of evidence that is being hidden by sheriffs!! the fbi have cracked pedo rings around the world on the dark web with anonymous entities and 240p videos... this case can be solved but they are sitting on vital evidence.i want to know what was on wollmerings computer

in order to be thorough,,why do you think the friends would lie and say josh was at the party if he was in his bedroom all night?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14
Back