MN MN - Joshua Guimond, 20, Collegeville, 9 Nov 2002

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am currently a student at SJU looking into the mysterious disappearance of Joshua Guimond. Although its been over 10 years since his disappearance, my friends and I are still haunted by the sick reality of what could have been the cause of this. Also, does anyone on this forum have an image of the tunnel map? The campus deleted the map of the tunnels off of the csbsju archive page and I am no longer able to find it.

Check with Dr. Immelman in the Psych Dept.

We tried a little bit right away and the rest is history. It's not going forward nor backward, it's just here.

The monk theory is weak to me right now. Go observe the monks, you know what you see? You see them sitting on a bench in a black gown, you see them walking at a snails pace in everything they do. How could a monk overpower Josh that night so as not to release a sound, a vision, or physical evidence of a kidnapping. Every monk has one thing in common right now, they attack openly, gently, and face to face with their victim. They manipulate the victim, they groom their victims. We're talking about a serious physical attack at night and no one saw or heard it. It's your job to convince me I'm wrong, my job is to sit here in my garage and do better than the current investigator on this case.

I imagine Joshua was possibly lured into a situation that turned bad before he realized what was happening. There have always been bad apples in the bunch at St. John's, but there were a few that transcended the word "bad" through their cold, calculating deceit and total lack of remorse. A few of the worst cases were sent to places like the St. Luke Institute in Maryland and the Southdown Institute near Toronto, CA. Some were "transferred" to other locales where they continued their sexual molestation of adolescent young men. I'm sure you've read Dr. Immelman's description of the perpetrator who some think may have taken Joshua. You're in good company with your continued analysis of the case. Certain students at St. John's continue to study the case in the search for answers. There's only so far one can go without being privvy to the Abbot's file that is filled with secret confessions from his fellow monks. Further, staff are very reluctant to talk for obvious reasons. Take a more careful look at www.behindthepinecurtain.com to see that many of the victims of these abusers suffered extreme emotional damage. And many of these incidences were not "gentle" in any way. The key to understanding how these monks were able to successfully prey upon their victims is to realize the victims were terrified of the monks (whom they were taught to regard with reverence and respect) and sadly were often not believed when they sought help. The monks were crafty and often worked together to manipulate and lure their victims. Here's a link to an article about Patrick Wall, a former monk who wrote a book about ten years ago that revealed the dirty secrets of St. John's. He was called "the fixer" because it was his job to find placements for sexually abusive monks. http://www.citypages.com/news/how-patrick-wall-became-the-catholic-churchs-worst-nightmare-6774480. http://www.bishop-accountability.org/ is another good site to find more data about the severity of the crimes committed against young men by clergy. You will find stories about young men so shocked and scared that they couldn't believe what was happening. Rape is painful. Some of these monks may look "gentle," but what you're really seeing is a sheep in wolf's clothing.

Joshua Guimond was last seen leaving Metten court on the
campus of Saint John’s University in Collegeville, MN at
approximately midnight on Saturday, November 9, 2002.

Do the vast majority of monks have a schedule? Can we put at least 95/100 in bed that night as alibis? Could it come down to the overwatchers of the dorms? We have to simplify this

What is it all like? It can be a bit overwhelming at first if someone is not used to a "strict schedule" like ours. Even after many years, it can take real effort to get out of bed and sing joyfully.

http://chicagomonk.org/benedictine-life/

With this information I bet we can clear 95 percent of the monks that night.

There seems to be some new information on the case. Previously, the last reported sighting was Josh leaving the Card Party (even though it was known that his pass key was used to enter his dorm room and someone logged on to his PC until 11:45). If someone witnessed him leaving, this changes everything.

What were the circumstances of his leaving? Who was he with, what direction was he going, how was he dressed?

There seems to be some new information on the case. Previously, the last reported sighting was Josh leaving the Card Party (even though it was known that his pass key was used to enter his dorm room and someone logged on to his PC until 11:45). If someone witnessed him leaving, this changes everything.

What were the circumstances of his leaving? Who was he with, what direction was he going, how was he dressed?

He left the party telling people he was returning to his apartment, there was a person standing by a dumpster that said he saw Josh walking, Josh was without a coat and his glasses. How good is the evidence of the key card being used? Could it have been one of his roommates? Was it definitely Josh? If it definitely is Josh then I'm ready to abandon that he was walking and fell into a lake.

The Guimonds have in the past been targeted by opportunists.

The Guimonds have also been shut out by the sheriff, ignored by St. John's, and largely forgotten by the community, thus doubling the tragic nature of this case.

I've been coming to the Abbey for nearly 30 years. I will be there tomorrow for the rest of Holy Week to Easter. Needless to say, I know most of the monks, and their routines pretty well. For the most part, most of them are in bed by 10PM because they get up early to pray in their rooms, have a cup of coffee and head to Morning Prayer at 7AM. Those monks who have to be in the dorms have a different schedule, depending what's going on with students. I will not say that there are no sick or pathetic souls among them, because there were. There is one in particular I wonder about. He's been sent away for some time now. However most involved with abuse are either dead or in the retirement center.
I have no clue what happened to Josh. It really is a very sad mystery. He just didn't sound like the kind of young man who would get involved with screwballs. I still pray for him and his family. For some time I wondered if his case and Jacob's were connected. There are some very sick people out there. I have huge doubts about any of the monks being involved. Those whom I've spoken to about Josh are as baffled and upset as the rest of us. I do hope the answers will be found some day, for the benefit of those family and friends who love him. MOO

I pushed guilty for the West Memphis 3, Dan Rassier, Patsy Ramsey, Casey Anthony, OJ, and now the water theory. So far I've always been wrong, it has to be one of the monks. I'm guessing one of the dorm overwatchers.

The theory that josh was hit by a drunken driver so bad that the monk got out and put joshia into his car and drove off is respectable but a far fetch imo. They brought in dogs and they had a footprint by footprint scent trail for Josh. If the hit and run occured you would have found this scene. Damage ftom the vehicle, blood, hair, fibers etc.

First time I heard of that theory, Sasquatch. I wonder what the other theories are besides monk took him, monk accidentally hit him with car and he's in the water. I sometimes fantasize that he walked away...but I know it's wishful thinking.

I was fully invested in one person in particular as being a potential person of interest with regard to Jacob's disappearance, and it wasn't Dan. But I knew nothing about Heinrich and his history, and Stearns never put him front and center as a possible suspect, only Rassier. It's their fault Dan Rassier became an official person of interest and it's their fault the much of the public, possibly including the Wetterlings, bought into it. I have lost faith in my ability to fully understand any case because I've now learned that we only ever know a fraction of what others may know. I only press on with Joshua because I became involved as soon as he disappeared, and he looks just like one of my sons. I can't believe we may never find out the truth about what happened to him, and it pains me deeply to know how horribly his Mom, Dad, grandfather and family members have suffered. That's why we have to stick with it, because they don't have anyone else other than a handful of people who continue to actively study his case and search for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
420xtal