MN MN - Joshua Guimond, 20, Collegeville, 9 Nov 2002

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO the connection with Jacob doesn’t add up for me. Jacob was 11 when he disappeared. Dan was IMO a child perp. Do these monsters typically kill children and adults ? And a child is an easier target I would think than a college student. I’m going with the campus cover up theory. Maybe josh new something or saw something ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMO the connection with Jacob doesn’t add up for me. Jacob was 11 when he disappeared. Dan was IMO a child perp. Do these monsters typically kill children and adults ? And a child is an easier target I would think than a college student. I’m going with the campus cover up theory. Maybe josh new something or saw something ??

Personally I don't pay much attention to statistics during an ongoing case like this. I'll say it is absolutely possible that Heinrich struck again and out of his league. It's in his area, It has to be cleared.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Maybe the campus cover up is that Joshua killed himself and someone covered it up because suicide is a mortal sin?

I'm not sure what he could have seen or known. Sexual encounters between Catholic priests are so common that walking in on one wouldn't be worth a mention.

Maybe a student who was in the closet mistakenly thought that Joshua was gay, made a pass at him, and then killed him out of humiliation after being rejected. Or maybe I've seen American Beauty one time too many.

The way Joshua left the party doesn't sit right with me. It mimicks other cases where the final result was suicide. Or maybe something happened at the party and somebody followed Joshua.

Despite all the possible scenarios, I still think the odds are the he drowned accidentally and simply wasn't found. I think the cold water temperature could have played a role in preventing the body from rising.

Convictions.... "0". That's due to a few reasons.
1.) St. John's conducts their own investigations. Which I don't understand how, or why that's allowed.
2.) Severe conflicts of interests with entities within the Stearns County Sheriff's Office, as well as the Stearns County Attorney's Office.
3.) Settlements from lawsuits don't change anything other than the plaintiffs bank account.

And it's not called a "treasure chest" Sas.... they call it the satchel. Their saying when a lawsuit comes is "Holen Sie das Schultasche".

I need to correct myself in this response. I never heard of any offender facing criminal charges.
However I've been reviewing personal files of the accused, those that have been made public anyhow. In reading them I've found that Curtis Wehmeyer in November 2012 plead guilty to 20 counts he was facing in Ramsey County. He began sex offender treatment and was sentenced to 5 years in prison. Wehmeyer served mostly in St. Paul from what I've seen.
So I stand corrected, there was one for sure.... possibly more.

I agree with your thinking in regards to there being no connection with Jacob.

The thing that strikes me about Josh in comparison with other missing person cases is the lack of possible sightings, mysterious vehicles or people law enforcement is asking the public to help identify or to come forward…. There’s nothing!

Anyone who followed the Wetterling thread or listened to the podcast “In the Dark” should be aware, and keep in mind, there is no perfect crime. And the evidence and perpetrator is likely right in front of you. When you venture too far out, in both distance, as well as imagining crazy thoughts as to what happened, you’re missing the obvious right in front of you. Investigate thoroughly…. From the center (last place seen), outward. You don’t move outward until 100% of the investigation at the center is complete. In the case of Josh, I’d venture to say maybe 50% of the center, or campus, was completely investigated. Law enforcement has not even interviewed each and every person at the party Josh was last seen…. That in itself shows another horrible Stearns County investigation.

When you have:

Numerous sexual predators

An institution that is unwilling to cooperate 100% unconditionally in any effort to locate a missing student of that institution

An institution that has for years has hidden, lied, deceived, and minimized the actions of representatives in order to protect the perpetrators and the institution itself from reputational harm.

The personal belongings, vehicle, and a bank account that has never been accessed for funds.

THERE IS NO REASON TO LEAVE CAMPUS!

Another point is with no body, you can rule out suicide, and most likely indicates murder by someone Josh knew. Known associates hide bodies, not strangers.

Another point is with no body, you can rule out suicide, and most likely indicates murder by someone Josh knew. Known associates hide bodies, not strangers.
Snipped and EBM.
That simply isn't true. Suicide victims have been found decades after the act, and many suspected suicide victims (especially people suspected to have committed suicide by drowning) are never found.

Snipped and EBM.
That simply isn't true. Suicide victims have been found decades after the act, and many suspected suicide victims (especially people suspected to have committed suicide by drowning) are never found.

This is very true of cold water drowning. It was Nov 9, and water temps around that time are usually in the mid-40's. Would the water temp have been cold enough for the body to remain at the bottom of the lake? Guess I don't know how deep the water was, but how far out from shore would a suicidal person go to find deep water?

As to suicide, I have not heard that Josh gave any indication of depression nor have his friends indicated depression. He and his g/f had broken up a month before he went missing, but it appears they were still friendly.

The bottom line is (once again) Stearns County.

2002 search effort- 3 cold men and a dog. Trident came six or so months later.
98ad0c69bebc710b2ca4a6c96050fa0a.jpg

Yeah. A search along shore. Could have done that with anyone's canoe.
I look at that dog and its like he knows something. I think they missed.

This is very true of cold water drowning. It was Nov 9, and water temps around that time are usually in the mid-40's. Would the water temp have been cold enough for the body to remain at the bottom of the lake? Guess I don't know how deep the water was, but how far out from shore would a suicidal person go to find deep water?

As to suicide, I have not heard that Josh gave any indication of depression nor have his friends indicated depression. He and his g/f had broken up a month before he went missing, but it appears they were still friendly.

The bottom line is (once again) Stearns County.
Lakes are not isotherms. Cold water is denser than warm water, so the coldest water molecules always sink to the bottom of a lake. If Joshua's body ended up in a deep hole on the lakebed, the water in it might have been very cold. (That would be true at any time of year.) Decay might have been slowed to the point that gasses could not build up inside the body.

LE's claims about turtles eating Joshua's body have been ridiculed, but any damage to a body could allow some gasses to escape and reduce the likelihood that the body would rise.

Another factor that affects how quickly a body will rise is the percentage of body fat: an obese body will rise more quickly than a lean body. Joshua may have been very lean. His weight seems to have been in the normal range, but his body fat percentage may have been low.

The nature of the lakebed probably comes into play, too. A body that sinks into the muck or becomes covered in sediment might not rise.

Finally, it is entirely possible that Joshua's body did rise but drifted into a place where it was missed, such as under a dock. A body will not stay on the surface forever; it will eventually sink again. If searches were sporadic, searchers could have easily missed Joshua's body.

"The CSB|SJU Record"

Do not forget about Joshua Guimond

Colt Blunt, Megan Bjerke, Katie Benson, Katrina Samlaska, Kate Dantoft
Seniors

Dear Editor,

As the school year winds down, and we prepare to say goodbye to our graduating seniors, let us not forget about one of our own.

Joshua Guimond would have been graduating this year had it not been for his disappearance. With the recent discovery of the body of Dru Sjodin, let us not forget that foul play may be a possibility with the case of our classmate as well.

A group of concerned students has been entertaining this possibility since day one. Feasible alternatives are currently running thin. The prevalent explanation on campus is that Josh "got turned around" after a night of drinking and lost his way, likely ending up in one of the campus' lakes. Many entities still hold on to this explanation.

As time has passed and no signs of Josh have surfaced, explanations have become laughable at best. One agency, which will remain nameless herein, has remarked that the lack of a body could be due to turtles.

Apparently, there are certain individuals that believe that a body may not exist because it may have been consumed by the ordinary turtles that reside in our campus' lakes. A frequently overlooked fact is that the Trident Foundation, the nation's leading authority on water search and rescue, cleared all major bodies of water on campus.

Scott Romme, the Executive Director of the Trident Foundation, said, "There is never a guarantee that human remains could have been hidden or dumped in a body of water and are now hidden from the sidescan sonar technology. However, based on the reports from the field, I would recommend that the search for Josh head in another direction.... Efforts [by the Stearns County Sheriff's Dept.] coupled with our technologies and efforts should provide a very high degree of reassurance to the family and the community that Josh is most probably somewhere else" (Maple Lake Messenger, 5/21/2003).

It should be noted that the Trident Foundation has never cleared a lake and later had a body discovered. This is evidence that cannot be ignored. Bodies don't just disappear unless someone makes them.

Law enforcement is pursuing other possibilities, and it is important that we do so as well. It is difficult to accept the idea that a healthy young man may have been taken from us. Society has a much easier time buying the abduction of a female.

However, in the past two decades, we have seen the disappearance of two healthy young males within a five-mile radius: Jacob Wetterling and Josh Guimond. As much as no one likes to hear it, it is a distinct possibility that Josh's disappearance is a result of foul play.

This means that we must entertain the possibility that someone within or close to our community has taken one of our friends and classmates. If anyone has any details, no matter how minute they may seem, they are encouraged to contact law enforcement immediately

A post on another forum from Josh's roommate Nick:

""Thanks for your prayers. We need all we can get.

And thanks for your thoughts as well. I encourage anyone who has any thoughts like this to please post them. You never know what we might not have thought of, so every idea is important.

As to your specific thought, it seems unlikely given the layout of our apartment. That is, you enter directly into the apartment from outside. Each apartment has its own door from outside. The only people who could open those doors were the occupants of that specific apartment. So there are no halls, common areas, etc. So the only way Josh could have entered through the door without his card is if one of our roommates came in with him, and since none of them have said anything about that, it appears that it isn't the case. Also, the doors are heavy and shut by themselves. The only way they stay open is if they are propped open. Again, none of my roommates ever mentioned propping the door that night, and it seems unlikely, since it was a cold night and my roommates didn't often do that anyway.

But again, these are the kinds of ideas that can be valuable, so if anyone has them, please don't hesitate to post, or PM me, if you'd prefer.""

If it was an "accidental drowning" or suicide, how do you account the person going on Josh's computer to erase emails a few days after he went missing? or the campus incinerator used on an "off day".

If it was an "accidental drowning" or suicide, how do you account the person going on Josh's computer to erase emails a few days after he went missing?
All for not, it leads to nothing. The new update late last year, despite everything we know is "I have nothing". That means whoever did that means nothing.

All for not, it leads to nothing. The new update late last year, despite everything we know is "I have nothing". That means whoever did that means nothing.

So you're taking the word of a Stearns County investigator?!?!
You did that before, and then blamed them for leading you in the wrong direction. You're supposed to learn lessons from previous experiences in life.....

You did that before, and then blamed them for leading you in the wrong direction. You're supposed to learn lessons from previous experiences in life..... Must be a slow learner.
If this old evidence meant anything the dad would be all over it, and Im sure they all have. This meant nothing.

Yearly seaches once a year, at least a comb over is what has been missing in this search for 14 years now. Because with the evidence today, it is a big possibility that Joshua had an accident somewhere alone.

You did that before, and then blamed them for leading you in the wrong direction. You're supposed to learn lessons from previous experiences in life.....
You come under many names and your personal attacks blow your cover every time. Stearns County in all respects solved the Wetterling case in month one with just tire tracks and footprints in the sand. But they needed a confession because they had him but not Jacob. With a miracle years later they finally persuaded him into confession. Sherriff Sanner lost track of the evidence when he took over in 2000. He also respectfully resigned for it.

Just ignore him he has falsely named innocent people as murderers. Hopefully he will get time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke