MN - Justine Damond, 40, fatally shot by Minneapolis LE, 15 July 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cops should NOT be able to refuse interview. In fact, there should be some law in place that requires them to be interviewed immediately after the incident, not days later when they have the opportunity to come up with a story. If I recall correctly, the officer in the Philando case gave a statement while still on the scene. When you take an oath to public service, IMO you have a duty to be forthcoming.

And if this cop was startled by fireworks, that is straight up negligence. He should have kept the gun put away if he couldn't act responsibly with it. [emoji35]
BBM

That's never going to happen. You would have to change the Constitution to exclude police officers from the protections given in the 5th Amendment.

Records from the city's Office of Police Conduct Review show Noor has had three complaints against him. Two are pending, and the third was dismissed without discipline. Under state law, details of open cases and cases that result in no discipline are not released.

Noor was also sued earlier this year after a May 25 incident in which he and other officers took a woman to the hospital for an apparent mental health crisis. The lawsuit claims Noor and other officers violated the woman's rights when they entered her home without permission and Noor grabbed her wrist and upper arm. The lawsuit, which is pending, said Noor relaxed his grip when the woman said she had a previous shoulder injury.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...noor-minneapolis-shooting-20170719-story.html

4 complaints.

[/b]

BBM. Really? It's typical to not use lights or sirens when responding to assault? How strange. I would think the only times lights wouldn't be used would be responding to non-emergency calls. I would think an assault taking place, or rape would warrant speed and urgency.

It's not unusual for LE to turn off their emergency lights/siren when approaching the scene if they don't want to tip off the perp(s) jmo

Evidently the cameras in vehicle and body cameras have to be taken out of control of the officers. They don't seem to follow the rules.

I am still of the belief the Noor had his weapon out, probably when they entered the alley.

yeah, it's a problem when there are not any real facts coming out from the shooter- cop himself or others (like his partner): people tend to fill in the blanks when there isn't information. This police department is anything but "transparent", that's for sure.

Harrity told the BCA Ms Damond approached the driver's side window immediately after the sound, and Noor shot her through the open driver's side window.

The BCA has not explained what may have caused the startling noise, but another officer was heard during the police radio conversation after the shooting saying he believed 'aerial fireworks' may have been let off in the area.

Harrity also said the officers saw a white man aged between 18 and 25 on a bike immediately before the shooting.

The unidentified cyclist stopped at the scene and watched as the officers provided medical assistance to Ms Damond, the BCA said.

http://www.skynews.com.au/news/top-...y-memorial-to-be-held-for-justine-damond.html

I would not come forward.

If it really happened how it seems to be unfolding, I think that the Noor did what most people would do. You get a lawyer, discuss your options and only then make a statement (through your lawyer). If he shot by accident or by some knee-jerk reaction to the situation, he knows he's in trouble and needs to proceed cautiously, with legal assistance.

Harrity told the BCA Ms Damond approached the driver's side window immediately after the sound, and Noor shot her through the open driver's side window.

The BCA has not explained what may have caused the startling noise, but another officer was heard during the police radio conversation after the shooting saying he believed 'aerial fireworks' may have been let off in the area.

Harrity also said the officers saw a white man aged between 18 and 25 on a bike immediately before the shooting.

The unidentified cyclist stopped at the scene and watched as the officers provided medical assistance to Ms Damond, the BCA said.

http://www.skynews.com.au/news/top-...y-memorial-to-be-held-for-justine-damond.html

I would not come forward.

honestly i do not think anyone will come forward...the mayor is begging this person to come forward but I doubt it.

From her home in the middle of the block, Justine Damond would have had to walk a little more than 100 yards to get to the end of the alley.

There are three lights mounted on telephone poles along that route plus nine motion-detector lights on garages, and neighbors said the alley is well-lit at night.

http://m.startribune.com/australian...shot-by-minneapolis-police-officer/434782213/

Dustin Johnson and his wife, Roz, live across the street from Justine and Don Damond. They saw the flashing lights and walked over to see police trying to resuscitate Damond as she lay on the ground.

Johnson said he heard no gunshots.

Noor has no obligation to do any interview with BCA..at least Harrity did...if Noor is actually going to say fireworks made him do it then we have people on this police force that simply should not be. If a cop can't handle some fireworks sounds...sorry they are in the wrong field and to use this as an excuse to shoot a woman in her pjs??? ALSO Noor was served with papers on July 14 one day prior to the shooting . The federal lawsuit is from a woman accusing him on unlawfully detaining her. From reading the papers on this I have concluded the lawsuit is frivolous however things were not good for Mr. Noor on the police force here in Minneapolis.

From her home in the middle of the block, Justine Damond would have had to walk a little more than 100 yards to get to the end of the alley.

There are three lights mounted on telephone poles along that route plus nine motion-detector lights on garages, and neighbors said the alley is well-lit at night.

http://m.startribune.com/australian...shot-by-minneapolis-police-officer/434782213/

Dustin Johnson and his wife, Roz, live across the street from Justine and Don Damond. They saw the flashing lights and walked over to see police trying to resuscitate Damond as she lay on the ground.

SO the lights were flashing .... shouldnt this have activated the dashcam?

I have yet to see the coroner rule it a homicide. I have yet to see the officer admit he shot her. There seems to be a lot of wishful thinking trying to invent facts in this case.

The coroner most definitely ruled it a homicide and his partner has confirmed that he shot her:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/07/1...lled-australian-woman-offers-condolences.html

Damond's shooting death has been ruled a homicide by the Hennepin County Medical Examiner's office.

https://www.usnews.com/news/us/arti...atal-shot-moments-after-loud-sound?src=usn_gp

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — The partner of a Minneapolis police officer who shot and killed an Australian woman who had called 911 told investigators he was startled by a loud sound near their squad car seconds before his partner fired his weapon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so, they can sneak up on the attacker...if he is warned he may leave the area with the victim or worse kill her.

SO the lights were flashing .... shouldnt this have activated the dashcam?

I believe the flashing lights were activated after she was shot, or from the other patrol cars that arrived after the shooting.

It is odd no one else heard of the assault, nor any victim has come forward or made a call to the police.
I wonder if any neighbor heard anything?
A missing piece of the puzzle.
Where was her fiance and step-son at the time? Did they hear a woman screaming also?
There's another victim here. Was she kidnapped? and if so who was it and why?

It is odd no one else heard of the assault, nor any victim has come forward or made a call to the police.
I wonder if any neighbor heard anything?
A missing piece of the puzzle.
Where was her fiance and step-son at the time? Did they hear a woman screaming also?

Husband was on business trip, son picked him up at airport the next day. Zach didn't live there.

According to Zach’s Facebook page, he’s originally from Savage, Minnesota and lives in Minneapolis.

http://heavy.com/news/2017/07/don-d...ruszczyk-fiancee-minneapolis-police-shooting/

Although this says they lived across the street from her and "walked over", all reports say it was the end of the alley. He didn't hear shots. I'm guessing the lights are from other cars that responded after the shooting. JMO

I believe the flashing lights were activated after she was shot, or from the other patrol cars that arrived after the shooting.

Still should be dashcam of that and audio of what was being said.

As they drove down the alley lights were off....only time they were on again is after all of this either from their car or there were many cars dispatched as this went suddenly from suspicious activity call to woman down and cpr...many cars with sirens and lights arrived.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarianB65