GUILTY MN - Kira Trevino, 30, St Paul, 22 February 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Okay sorry I am confused I was thinking the woman who owned the home was MP. MR is a male but I very much could be wrong with my info.

You know what? It was I that was wrong. Thanks for catching that, bbbd4u :blushing: I made a typo. I do believe that MR is the roommate, and I have a sick feeling that MS knows something - friend of Jeff's who adamently defended him, swore up and down that he wouldn't ever do something like this. I hope the polic have talked to him. All JMO, and MOO.

I did not know Jeff, I only knew of what Kira told me about him. At the time when we talked most, she was in the process of planning her destination wedding. She was very happy and very much in love, and so excited to join the Trevino family.

When I said there doesn't seem to be a great deal of interest in this case, I didn't so much mean in the local area, where I am sure it is being talked about, but I meant here on this board. I suppose it really hasn't garnered much national news, so maybe very few people know of it yet. This would be a great time for some of you local guests to join Websleuths so you can post your thoughts and ideas. This young woman needs to be found.

You know what? It was I that was wrong. Thanks for catching that, bbbd4u :blushing: I made a typo. I do believe that MR is the roommate, and I have a sick feeling that MS knows something - friend of Jeff's who adamently defended him, swore up and down that he wouldn't ever do something like this. I hope the polic have talked to him. All JMO, and MOO.

I did not know Jeff, I only knew of what Kira told me about him. At the time when we talked most, she was in the process of planning her destination wedding. She was very happy and very much in love, and so excited to join the Trevino family.

I am just going to brainstorm here and kind of ramble on. (Glad we are both thinking MR is the roommate too) As for MS I do not imagine the police would have skipped talking with him. If my memory is right which I am getting old and it kind of gets forgetful MS was the one who was quote about working on Kira's car after she had a cut break line etc. correct? He was very defensive about his friend. Someone had to have been interviewed about how JT's behavior was from the time Kira went missing up until his time of the arrest. It was never released that I saw of who Kira made a phone call to that night around 10 p.m. I believe I read.

A bit of a snowstorm today--here's hoping the good men and women out clearing the way for the rest of us stumble across an answer for our Kira.

Can someone refresh me on who MR is? PM if necessary.

Thank you.;

It seems to me that the St. Croix/Taylor Falls area would be one of the best places to hide a body for someone in that area. The river itself would be hard to search, and a weighted body could take a long time to be discovered. The banks are steep and rock slides are a danger for anyone searching, and there are islands that are large enough to be hard to search, in addition to being completely wild. There are areas to stop and view the scenery, so nobody would really give an unattended car a second thought. MOO

It seems to me that the St. Croix/Taylor Falls area would be one of the best places to hide a body for someone in that area. The river itself would be hard to search, and a weighted body could take a long time to be discovered. The banks are steep and rock slides are a danger for anyone searching, and there are islands that are large enough to be hard to search, in addition to being completely wild. There are areas to stop and view the scenery, so nobody would really give an unattended car a second thought. MOO

Would the river not be frozen this time of year?

Would the river not be frozen this time of year?

Oh sure, confuse the issue with logic! :blushing: Oh well, that would make it easier to get to the islands (and much more obvious if somebody did go to one), and there are still the rocks leading down to it. Not really my opinion, but I'm trying to save face a little bit because I seldom leave home in the winter anymore.

Oh sure, confuse the issue with logic! :blushing: Oh well, that would make it easier to get to the islands (and much more obvious if somebody did go to one), and there are still the rocks leading down to it. Not really my opinion, but I'm trying to save face a little bit because I seldom leave home in the winter anymore.

LOL. I honestly didn't know if the river would be frozen or not. Ponds occasionally freeze here in winter, but little else. I assumed still water in lakes would be frozen, but I really wasn't sure about rivers.

I was on the news tonight. Fox 9 Twin Cities interviewed me about my Facebook group for Kira and for the searches that I have been doing to look for her.

I am hoping that since there has been media attention on the searches and group... there will be more people willing to help.

Sunday, March 10, 2013
12:00pm

St. Paul Parks and Recreation 950 Lilydale Road, Saint Paul, MN 55118

We will be searching, Lilydale Park aka The Brickyards, in St. Paul, in search of Kira Trevino.

This search is subject to change, since the weather plays a role in the searches. We are expecting 30% chance of rain, and a high of 39 degrees, on Sunday.

Please wear shoes (boots) that are suitable for hiking the woods and trails.

I believe parts of the St. Croix are frozen, if not all of it. I was reading a news story today that said a man escaped a police chase by driving on the ice on the St. Croix River. The missisissippi is not frozen over however at parts.

I was on the news tonight. Fox 9 Twin Cities interviewed me about my Facebook group for Kira and for the searches that I have been doing to look for her.

I am hoping that since there has been media attention on the searches and group... there will be more people willing to help.

Sunday, March 10, 2013

We will be searching, Lilydale Park aka The Brickyards, in St. Paul, in search of Kira Trevino.

This search is subject to change, since the weather plays a role in the searches. We are expecting 30% chance of rain, and a high of 39 degrees, on Sunday.

I live just minutes from MOA and the search area of interest. I have been following this case since it was on the news. I will plan on being at the search on Sunday. Prior to the search being announced, I had been looking at a proposed route from Trevino's residence to MOA via I-35E, and felt this would be a very high target area to search. I travel this area frequently for work and will also try and do some intermediary searches as I can.

Unfortunately, this is the most wooded area of the East Metro and most ideal terrain for hiding a body. I do feel he would put her somewhere nearby so that he would feel close to her. Despite the vileness of the crime, in his own demented way I am sure he loved her, and was desperate not to loose her. My hypothesis is that she is in the East Metro Area and that her body is intact and most likely covered with a blanket/bedspread of sorts (given the size of the wipe mark on the car). Were there any specific items like this missing from the house? I also believe that her body was not buried, or at least in a very shallow grave, most likely covered with brush and debris. Minnesota winters make it difficult to dig, not to mention he would need tools (i.e. shovel) to accomplish this. Any shovel missing from house?
I also think that the time spent between 2:15 a.m. when he got gas and 9:45 a.m. when he dropped off the car MOA was spent driving around the area and/or idling the car. This would account for any discrepancy in time and fuel.
I know this is all speculation, but I hope something comes of the search.

I am only going to copy part of the text on this link

ST. PAUL (WCCO) — Though police still haven’t located the 30-year-old’s remains, a tipline created to help find Kira Trevino has given investigators more than 50 leads.

Authorities said the tipline, which was established last week for community members to share information, has garnered tips from around the Twin Cities and beyond.

St. Paul Police have followed up on more than 50 leads, including specific areas and even vague tips.

One tip led them to a set of footprints in an unusual area. The tracks ended up belonging to a fox trapper.

Police are asking community members to think of any possibilities of where Kira might be concealed — looking for anything suspicious near nature centers, parks, wooded areas, ponds, industrial dumpsters, construction sites or low lying areas. http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2013/...vino-receives-50-leads/#.UTbIfYI70Ko.facebook

I live just minutes from MOA and the search area of interest. I have been following this case since it was on the news. I will plan on being at the search on Sunday. Prior to the search being announced, I had been looking at a proposed route from Trevino's residence to MOA via I-35E, and felt this would be a very high target area to search. I travel this area frequently for work and will also try and do some intermediary searches as I can.

Unfortunately, this is the most wooded area of the East Metro and most ideal terrain for hiding a body. I do feel he would put her somewhere nearby so that he would feel close to her. Despite the vileness of the crime, in his own demented way I am sure he loved her, and was desperate not to loose her. My hypothesis is that she is in the East Metro Area and that her body is intact and most likely covered with a blanket/bedspread of sorts (given the size of the wipe mark on the car). Were there any specific items like this missing from the house? I also believe that her body was not buried, or at least in a very shallow grave, most likely covered with brush and debris. Minnesota winters make it difficult to dig, not to mention he would need tools (i.e. shovel) to accomplish this. Any shovel missing from house?
I also think that the time spent between 2:15 a.m. when he got gas and 9:45 a.m. when he dropped off the car MOA was spent driving around the area and/or idling the car. This would account for any discrepancy in time and fuel.
I know this is all speculation, but I hope something comes of the search.

Welcome to Websleuths, TSE77! Glad you joined. Ideas and input from locals is invaluable. I see there are more guests here than members quite often, and my guess is that some are local. Why not join so your voice can be heard!

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Hi! I'm in the Chippewa Falls/Eau Claire area, but am in the Cities quite a bit--So many thoughts to try to put into words about this case, but most important is finding Kira. I joined the FB group, and am hoping to take part in the organized search on Sunday. Of course, I'm hoping that this poor woman is found before then.

I've got some radio stations keeping Kira in the news throughout their programs mentioning the tipline and talking about areas to look. If you know of anyone that can help keep her story in the news and keep reminding people she hasn't been found yet please let them know or send me a PM with the information and I'll take care of it myself.

I had that same exact thought about JT being a drug user. It's the flat affect on his face in every photo! I have seen that same look on tons of people who I know for sure to be using something.

Same here! He really does look like a user - ime and imho.
That, or his constant expression in every photo and mugshot - vacant, dark, cold, almost menacing or grimacing or something, and as though he never sleeps - is close to what I would imagine someone looking like if able to do the violent and horrific stuff he's been charged with. Needless to say, he creeps me out more and more in every picture I look at of him. *shudder*
Poor, poor Kira :'( May you forever rest in peace.
My heart goes out to her family in this nightmarish time for them. What a waste.

Sent from my KindleFire via Tap-a-Talk

So, I drove around the Lilydale Park area today. There are a few spots where he could've potentially pulled off the road and parked near wooded areas. One thing, I was surprised how much traffic was on this little road and even though he wouldn've been out in the middle of the night, I don't think he would risk parking on the road where a white car would be visible. There were also a few areas where he could pull up pretty close to the Mississippi River as well as some lakes (Pickerel Lake, Crosby Lake, Upper Lake). The terrain in this area is varied with a lot of flat areas that are easily accessible. I believe if she is on ground, it is probably a flatter area, since carrying her up or down a snow and ice covered hill would be very difficult. I also noticed plenty of downed trees, brush piles and natural culverts where someone could be concealed, however everything is covered with a foot of new snow, which makes it extra difficult. I really feel Kira is somewhere in this area, primarily because JT was not from MN. Even though MN and WI do have a lot of wilderness, I think it's more probable he went somewhere he was familiar with.

TSE77 if you are good on google maps and can mark the places you are talking about I'd be willing to go check them out as much as I can on my own.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AtroRed
Back