GUILTY MN - Kira Trevino, 30, St Paul, 22 February 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
OT, but just wanted to let ya know it's good to see you again Kat. I know you joined for Mickey Shunick just about the time I did, and we were there for the duration. Nice to see you still here working for the other Mickeys, who there are and unfortunately will be far too many of. Websleuths kinda does that to you. Once you come for someone, you tend to stay for all the others. I stepped back for a little while after the Shunick case was resolved, but couldnt stay away long. Those joining just now for Kira will soon know what I mean. Anyhoo, good to see you. Now, let's find Kira and make sure hubby gets what is coming to him.

I came on here because of amazing MS, too...more of a lurker then than anything. I remember both of you and your thoughtful posts. Glad you're here offering the same thoughtful help in this case from my home turf in MN. :)

To all the searchers: you are awesome! I hope you are able to help bring Kira home to her family. I wish I could be there to offer my assistance, too. Stay warm!!!

I've seen this happen in Colorado with James Holmes (Aurora Theatre shooting) and with Austin Sigg (charged with murder of Jessica Ridgeway).

ETA: Count 1: Murder in the Second degree says that JDT caused the death of KKT.
Count 2 of murder in the second degree says that as well with an add on that he caused the death of KKT while committing a felony.

Thanks. I guess that makes sense.

http://www.myspace.com/TheOnlyMrsPotter
http://www.myspace.com/4830830
These are Kira and Jeffs myspace - one thing they have in common is pics of a Renaissance Faire 2007 - people can be ritualistic, and place their loved one somewhere that is special. Not saying 'loved one' to be creepy but you can kill someone and still love them, thats more a major anger management issue with a sad bad ending.. Kira's death does not sound pre-planned, he was gone a long time with the auto, he met her in wisconsin did they have a special place there? jmo moo etc

It's definitely a possibility. Me and another looked today through the MN wildlife refuge area but I think we realized that the trails/area wouldn't be accessible at 2 AM (gates would be closed), and the regular trails were difficult to navigate so I think it would have been really difficult for him to leave her somewhere that would take awhile to get to. I also went and looked at Phalen regional park which is about 5 minutes from their home and realize the same issues, gates closed at the hour he was out at and it's too public - too much activity there.

OT, but just wanted to let ya know it's good to see you again Kat. I know you joined for Mickey Shunick just about the time I did, and we were there for the duration. Nice to see you still here working for the other Mickeys, who there are and unfortunately will be far too many of. Websleuths kinda does that to you. Once you come for someone, you tend to stay for all the others. I stepped back for a little while after the Shunick case was resolved, but couldnt stay away long. Those joining just now for Kira will soon know what I mean. Anyhoo, good to see you. Now, let's find Kira and make sure hubby gets what is coming to him.

I never knew of WS before Mickey. I had to step back after the horror of Jessica Ridgeway for a little while. Now Jennifer and Kira have me here again. Kira reminds me of my SIL (except my brother is nothing like JT) and I just can't get over the violence in the house and that he won't tell where she is. The Shunick's had to wait 3 months for Mighty Mickey.. You could see the pain from unanswered questions in their faces and I imagine Kira's mom and sister and those who love her now have that same look. I can't bear to think of her being out there somewhere... I am so glad to see the very knowledgeable folks from the area bouncing ideas on places to search. It's helps us non locals get a perspective of the area.

Sleuth on, SteveP! Good to see you as we'll. I actually just started a thread from another Lafayette woman who is missing- has been for 3 weeks and its just hitting the news :(
LA LA - Crystal Dupuis Grebinger, Lafayette, 8 February 2013 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

It's definitely a possibility. Me and another looked today through the MN wildlife refuge area but I think we realized that the trails/area wouldn't be accessible at 2 AM (gates would be closed), and the regular trails were difficult to navigate so I think it would have been really difficult for him to leave her somewhere that would take awhile to get to. I also went and looked at Phalen regional park which is about 5 minutes from their home and realize the same issues, gates closed at the hour he was out at and it's too public - too much activity there.

Thank you for searching for Kira today! :hugs:

Were you working on your own basically, or as part of an organized search? Do you have any idea how many showed up to search today? And I join in others in thanking you for getting out and searching.

It was just two of us that showed up. There was supposed to be more people that were going to come but I guess they backed out last minute or something. The search wasn't organized yet. LE hasn't really released any new information on her whereabouts or any kind of approximation on where she might be just that she could be in a 100 mile radius from where she lived... so that's obviously a lot of ground to cover. We just wanted to check some areas close by to the mall where she worked and the car was found.

I'm going to go back out tomorrow and check a couple other areas and the person I was with wanted to go out next weekend and look at a couple more areas. Also hoping LE might have some additional information by then as well.

I appreciate the thanks and I will definitely keep looking as much as I can.

I wonder if Kira's mom or sister could contact Tim Miller and TES to go up there and search with the locals? I know TES requires a family member and LE to request their services. I know they have been out to search for murder victims before (I saw them find one 2-3 weeks after she went missing on 'The First 48' before.

No. I firmly believe that MR is NOT the roommate. MR is female, and MR is married. If you read my original post, she is the homeowner, and is friends with Kira.

A lot of people in the St. Paul area bought homes with the intent to "flip" them, and then the City of St. Paul started putting the kabash on that, so ther are now a lot of landlords. (source: http://www.startribune.com/local/stpaul/39598582.html?refer=y)

JMO, and MOO, but I think that the roommate is a relative of homeowner. Most likely a son, but maybe a nephew, cousin, or something like that.

Okay sorry I am confused I was thinking the woman who owned the home was MP. MR is a male but I very much could be wrong with my info.

It was just two of us that showed up. There was supposed to be more people that were going to come but I guess they backed out last minute or something. The search wasn't organized yet. LE hasn't really released any new information on her whereabouts or any kind of approximation on where she might be just that she could be in a 100 mile radius from where she lived... so that's obviously a lot of ground to cover. We just wanted to check some areas close by to the mall where she worked and the car was found.

I'm going to go back out tomorrow and check a couple other areas and the person I was with wanted to go out next weekend and look at a couple more areas. Also hoping LE might have some additional information by then as well.

I appreciate the thanks and I will definitely keep looking as much as I can.

Please be careful.

I am in St Paul and would happily be take part in a search organized by law enforcement or TES, and I might even be able to recruit friends.

Not to be grotesque, but I'm beginning to think that no matter if or where JT drove to dispose of poor Kira's body, he probably just disposed of her or parts of her (sorry) in dumpsters or garbage cans scattered throughout.

I'm no profiler, but this is what my gut tells me. Whatever I can do to help, let's know. Thanks Valen and Slotsky for your work, but I'm reluctant to to anything without guidance from LE because I'm chicken :/

I am in St Paul and would happily be take part in a search organized by law enforcement or TES, and I might even be able to recruit friends.

Not to be grotesque, but I'm beginning to think that no matter if or where JT drove to dispose of poor Kira's body, he probably just disposed of her or parts of her (sorry) in dumpsters or garbage cans scattered throughout.

I'm no profiler, but this is what my gut tells me. Whatever I can do to help, let's know. Thanks Valen and Slotsky for your work, but I'm reluctant to to anything without guidance from LE because I'm chicken :/

That's definitely understandable and I will be careful. I'm not sure that JT was smart enough to do that kind of thing and police didn't mention any possibility of her being dismembered (for lack of a better term). Not saying it's impossible but just doesn't seem likely to me based on where they found most of the blood in the house and lack of finding in any main areas he would have used to do the dirty work I guess. I don't think he'd cut her up or anything nasty like that in the bedroom or hallway. I also think he would have had to put her in garbage bags or something like that when he put her in the trunk and there probably wouldn't be much blood in the trunk if that was the case. Just my speculations.

OH, LORD!!! I can't go there... not unless LE comes out and says something or gives some kind of statement about the possibility.
It's not really all that common, especially if it's a spouse, IMO. I've followed dozens of cases here over the years and there are only two that I remember as having been dismembered. Both were children.

I know there seems not to be much people can do to find Kira unless and until police have more information that they can pass along to the public, but I am a bit surprised and disappointed that there doesn't seem to be very much interest in her case. We have a young woman out there somewhere who has almost surely been brutally murdered by her husband and has not been found. Does anyone know if there was anything new reported in the local St Paul media today?

There wasn't anything new today really, just that investigators have received over a dozen leads on a tipline that was established a few days ago. No breakthrough leads yet and they are still investigating everything. There is a lot of public interest and we may have some more searching going on next weekend. Likelihood of randomly finding her is not real high to be honest but if nobody looks nobody will find her.

I get the feeling there is a lot of local interest in her case. I usually lurk, occasionally post here (I usually don't have much to add!). I'm local to the MPLS/St Paul area, and this case and Danielle Jelinek's break my heart. As far as searching, we are in the midst of a winter storm unfortunately, which may make it more difficult to notice anything unusual out of doors. We are expecting up to 10 inches of snow in the metro and surrounding areas.

Here's the latest news report. At least they are getting some tips, and are asking the public for help.

http://www.twincities.com/crime/ci_22714127/kira-trevino-missing-st-paul-police-get-more

The Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension has been posting on their FB page to get the word out too.

https://www.facebook.com/MNBCA

We are getting quite a bit of snow here and I won't go searching without LE letting us know that it is ok. God bless Kira and her family, she is such a slip of a little thing and this breaks my heart.

LE already told the person I went with searching on Sunday that it was ok as long as we stayed off private property.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smiley35
Back