GUILTY MN - Kira Trevino, 30, St Paul, 22 February 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Unless someone has been named a suspect or at least a person of interest, I don't think we are allowed to sleuth them here, and to my knowledge, no one other than her husband has been, to this point anyway.

pioneer press has named the roomate as [-name deleted-] and his facebook has been subpoenaed. trial set for 5/28/13.

The Roommate has NOT been named a suspect, nor a person of interest. Therefore, we are not allowed to investigate him/sleuth him.

Kira Trevino missing: Police seek access to husband's Facebook account
http://www.twincities.com/crime/ci_22942107/kira-trevino-missing-police-seek-husbands-and-roommates
Asked why police were seeking [the roommate's] Facebook records, Padilla said, "We're doing a thorough investigation and we're going to go in whatever direction any investigation may lead. We are covering all bases."

Police are not saying whether [the roommate] is a suspect, Padilla said. "We're not going to elaborate on any possibilities," he said.

Kira Trevino missing: Husband's murder trial date set
By Emily Gurnon - egurnon@pioneerpress.com
Posted: 04/05/2013 12:01:00 AM CDT
Updated: 04/05/2013 08:31:17 PM CDT

http://www.twincities.com/crime/ci_22964233/kira-trevino-missing-husbands-murder-trial-date-set
A Ramsey County judge has set a tentative date of May 28 for the trial of Jeffery Trevino, who faces murder charges in the death of his wife.

A pre-trial motion hearing was set for May 15.

< snip >

Judge Leonardo Castro and attorneys for both sides met in court for a brief scheduling conference Friday, April 5.

Jeffery Trevino, 39, is being held in the Ramsey County Jail in lieu of $1 million bail. He has pleaded not guilty.

Unless someone has been named a suspect or at least a person of interest, I don't think we are allowed to sleuth them here, and to my knowledge, no one other than her husband has been, to this point anyway.

This is correct. If the person has been mentioned in the MSM, they can be discussed in regards to what MSM said - but not sleuthing and generally we use initials to identify the person to protect them, basically.

Also - their facebook would not be allowed UNLESS there is a link to MSM saying that the facebook has been subpeonaed.

What I'm seeing here is some discrepancy about exactly who's facebook was subpeonead. Can someone clarify, please?

Salem

This is correct. If the person has been mentioned in the MSM, they can be discussed in regards to what MSM said - but not sleuthing and generally we use initials to identify the person to protect them, basically.

Also - their facebook would not be allowed UNLESS there is a link to MSM saying that the facebook has been subpeonaed.

What I'm seeing here is some discrepancy about exactly who's facebook was subpeonead. Can someone clarify, please?

Salem

According to this article, JT, MR and KT's Facebook accounts are being looked at. http://www.twincities.com/crime/ci_22942107/kira-trevino-missing-police-seek-husbands-and-roommates
"Investigators obtained a similar warrant for access to the Facebook accounts of Kira Steger Trevino and Matthew Roff. Roff lived with the couple at their home in the 500 block of East Iowa Avenue."

The Roommate has NOT been named a suspect, nor a person of interest. Therefore, we are not allowed to investigate him/sleuth him.

Kira Trevino missing: Police seek access to husband's Facebook account
http://www.twincities.com/crime/ci_22942107/kira-trevino-missing-police-seek-husbands-and-roommates

i apologize for any rule violation as i am a new member. I was just repeating what a newspaper said. I gave the roommates name which had became public knowledge. Didn't know I couldn't.

i apologize for any rule violation as i am a new member. I was just repeating what a newspaper said. I gave the roommates name which had became public knowledge. Didn't know I couldn't.

No worries. You weren't really sleuthing him, just kinda left the door open for others to. And most of us have probably posted something at some point or another that kinda fell into that grey area of the rules. Glad to have you here with us. The more ideas and perspectives, the better. And we all want the same thing, and that is for Kira to be found and for whoever is responsible or had any part in her demise to be held fully accountable and be punished to the fullest extent of the law!

:wagon:

Honestly, I wasn't exactly sure about mentioning his name either, which is why I deleted his name when I quoted your posts - just to be sure I didn't violate any rules myself. I'm still a newbie here so to speak as well, compared to some of the posters who have been here for years now!

I just wanted to make it clear that even though his FB account has been subpoenaed, and a trial date was set for JT, that MR hasn't officially been named as a suspect is all. Sorry if my post came across as too snappy!

I really appreciate you pointing out that his name had been published. They didn't publish his name in the article I had read (can't remember where that was though). I do think MR at least knows way more than we (in the public) have heard him say early on (that he didn't hear anything). And, I am of the feeling that there is a high probability that he was involved - at least in the clean-up and attempted cover-up portion of the crime.

I'm hoping that MR has made a plea deal of some sort if he was involved, and his testimony is what they're going to use to nail JT to the wall whether Kira's body is found before the trial commences, or not. The other evidence is quite strong anyway - even without knowing what was in the brown paper packages they carried out of the park.

As always though, the speculation about MR is all MOO! :cow:

MOO = My Opinion Only [That was one of the acronyms I could never remember when I first came here! Thought I'd help ya out if you weren't familiar with it yet. It comes in handy when one participates on a contentious thread! LOL]

Thanks again for the roommate's name. I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens from here. I really hope they are able to find Kira soon, so that her family can bring her home and lay her to rest, and not have the question of where she is hanging over their heads through a trial like this...

My prayers for Kira's family, and all working on this case continue! :prayer:

Salem

Don't know if you saw the other post, but Kira's, her husband's and the roommate's facebook accounts were all subpoenaed.

If we know it has been does that mean we can look for his account? I guessed you meant yes by this, and did a quick search, but can't find an account that I can for sure tie to him specifically.

Does anyone know if there are any pictures floating around so I could compare it with a profile picture? I thought I remembered seeing him very early in the investigation when he spoke with the press - maybe in a video interview, iirc. Is that alright to try to find to perhaps narrow down which FB is the right one? (Provided it's even still up and able for the public to find - it could have been "deleted", but LE could still access it anyway.)

If JT 's FB account is no longer viewable, then chances are MR 's is the same.

Trial set for May 28th 2013??? I wonder if he wants a speedy trial before Kira is found thinking no body= no conviction? I don't think he has a good chance of being acquitted.

Has anyone been over to the state land southeast of Rosemount NorthEast of farmington it's kind of tucked backed off of all main roads. Is there any plans for a search this weekend

Has anyone been over to the state land southeast of Rosemount NorthEast of farmington it's kind of tucked backed off of all main roads. Is there any plans for a search this weekend

I have been reading this thread and also searching for any news on line and I finally registered just now so I can jump in. I so want her to be found!

I drive close to the home they shared every week day on my way to and from work and also drive close to the lake that has been searched and it is just heart breaking.

Anyway Minnesota I'm in Rosemount and I'm trying to figure out where you are talking about. Are you talking about off of 50 between Rosemount and Coats? The place where you can see the cement and brick things (not sure what they are) that date back during war years? I think they did some weapons and amo production there. Or am I way off? I would like to help if possible

I have been reading this thread and also searching for any news on line and I finally registered just now so I can jump in. I so want her to be found!

I drive close to the home they shared every week day on my way to and from work and also drive close to the lake that has been searched and it is just heart breaking.

Anyway Minnesota I'm in Rosemount and I'm trying to figure out where you are talking about. Are you talking about off of 50 between Rosemount and Coats? The place where you can see the cement and brick things (not sure what they are) that date back during war years? I think they did some weapons and amo production there. Or am I way off? I would like to help if possible

RosemouintGal- the area in which you are talking about is the Gopher Ordnance Works, and yes it dates back to WWII, where it was used as smokeless powder production plant. To date I beleive the U of M owns most of the land.

RosemouintGal- the area in which you are talking about is the Gopher Ordnance Works, and yes it dates back to WWII, where it was used as smokeless powder production plant. To date I beleive the U of M owns most of the land.

So do you know where Minnesota is talking about?

ROSEMOUNTGAL From rosemount go south on HWY3 to take a left 197st w take that to Biscayne ave take a left then take aright on 190th w and then you will see signs for the state land. But i do beleave that the state land and the the land that the Uof M owns runs from 200th althe way up to HWY46 and from ruffly HWY52 to HWY3.There is alot of marsh and low land there.many little stream and the vemillion river runs on the south side of the state land.SO WATCH FOR HIGH WATER.
I Have only been there a couple of time's deerhunting last year there is alot set aside land there aslo.

ROSEMOUNTGAL From rosemount go south on HWY3 to take a left 197st w take that to Biscayne ave take a left then take aright on 190th w and then you will see signs for the state land. But i do beleave that the state land and the the land that the Uof M owns runs from 200th althe way up to HWY46 and from ruffly HWY52 to HWY3.There is alot of marsh and low land there.many little stream and the vemillion river runs on the south side of the state land.SO WATCH FOR HIGH WATER.
I Have only been there a couple of time's deerhunting last year there is alot set aside land there aslo.

Thanks Minnesota! I'm very close to that area. Can I ask why that area?

:wagon: Welcome RosemountGAL! Glad to have you with us!

Thank you! I only wish there was something I could do to help bring some sort of peace to this family.

Of course all of us up here in MN are getting beyond frustrated with the never ending winter up here. Just when you think it is thawed out enough for her to be found we get hit with more snow. It has been snowing for a few days now and the waters are going to be really high :( I just keep saying to myself she will be found when she is supposed to be found. Maybe that will be when a certain other person will come to realize he does have a heart and soul and he opens up! If I were him I would be thinking better sooner then later!

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3
Back