GUILTY MN - Kira Trevino, 30, St Paul, 22 February 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
After reading the criminal complaint I am somewhat surprised that they didn't charge him with 1st degree murder with lesser charges included considering that intent can be formed in a matter of seconds. I'm guessing that either there were not a large number of stab wounds (assuming stabbing because of lacerated liver & amount of blood as well as roommate not hearing anything) or the heat of passion argument was too strong to risk going all in. This guy was like a pressure cooker!

Fortunately the trial isn't dragging out for years so Kira's family can have resolution on that end.

RIP Kira!

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 4

Mods this need to be moved to Trials! They are picking a jury now.

WHO'S ON THE JURY?
By 2 p.m. Wednesday, 13 jurors had already been selected. They include:
- A woman who recently graduated from college and works locally as a nanny
- A woman who left a long career in software development
- A woman who is a self-employed health care consultant and is married to an attorney
- A man who serves as a pastor in St. Paul
- A man who lives in communal religious housing and hasn't heard about the case
- A divorced man who works in wholesale produce managing drivers and warehouse staff
- A man who is a well-educated 3M engineer
- An older man who has experience working on helicopters and is a sailing enthusiast
- A man who works as a mechanical engineer, working on one of the Twin Cities stadium projects

- A young man who works at an airport restaurant and is expecting his first child in November
- A man who is a retired former National Guard member

- A young mom with two kids at home

- A woman who handles bookkeeping for a small family business

TREVINO TAKING NOTES
During jury selection Wednesday, Jeffery Trevino appeared very much engaged, scribbling notes into a white legal notebook and consulting with his attorney.

The trial is expected to last up to three weeks and it's possible 55 witnesses could be called to testify because prosecutors are facing a lot of pressure in what has shaped up to be a largely circumstantial case against Jeffery Trevino.
THE MURDER
Trevino is accused of murdering his 30-year-old wife, Kira, in late February inside the rental home the couple shared with a roommate in St. Paul. Her body was missing until May 8, when a mechanic working on a barge noticed what he thought was a human shoulder in debris floating in the Mississippi River near downtown St. Paul.

Hi 2Hope4 :seeya:

I really didn't post on this thread until the other day, although I have followed from the beginning. I sure am glad they have now gone to trial so quickly. Kira deserves justices swiftly!

Do you know if they will live stream the trial? I have been looking the last couple of days and I can't find anything yet. I do realize they have been going though jury selection and courts usually don't show that procedure.

Thanks

Twelve jurors and one alternate were chosen as of 3 p.m. Wednesday in the murder trial of Jeffery Trevino.

Trevino, 39, faces two counts of second-degree murder in the death of his wife, Kira Steger. Steger disappeared in February. Her body was pulled from the Mississippi River on May 8.

The jurors selected -- eight men and five women -- are a restaurant worker, an electrician, a mechanical engineer, a Lutheran pastor, a health care consultant with a background in biomedical engineering, a shipping-receiving manager for a produce-supply company, a former software developer, a nanny who recently graduated from college, a retired former Marine, a 3M chemical engineer, a retiree from the printing business and a young working mother

The alternate juror works for a cell-tower company. When the second alternate juror is chosen, the jury will be sworn in and the trial will commence, probably Thursday morning.

http://www.twincities.com/crime/ci_24123035/jeffery-trevino-murder-trial-10-jurors-chosen

Paul Blume ‏@PaulBlume_FOX9 9m
Final juror. Female. Spends winters in Fla.Jury of 14 includes 2 alternates. 8 men, 6 women. Will be sequestered during deliberations.

Paul Blume ‏@PaulBlume_FOX9 6m
Lawyers, judge questioned 47 people to find impartial jury of 14. Took 3 days. Fascinating proces. #Trevino Jury diverse. Age, race, gender.

First trial I have heard of that is sequestered. They expect this to last 3 weeks, they must have a lot of evidence to go through.

Paul Blume ‏@PaulBlume_FOX9 9m
Final juror. Female. Spends winters in Fla.Jury of 14 includes 2 alternates. 8 men, 6 women. Will be sequestered during deliberations.

Paul Blume ‏@PaulBlume_FOX9 6m
Lawyers, judge questioned 47 people to find impartial jury of 14. Took 3 days. Fascinating proces. #Trevino Jury diverse. Age, race, gender.

First trial I have heard of that is sequestered. They expect this to last 3 weeks, they must have a lot of evidence to go through.

The jury will be sequestered. Not unusual. The term sequestered was also used in saying Kira Trevino's family would be sequestered. I think the reporter meant to say, that as potential witnesses, they could not attend until they testified or were excused as potential witnesses. Again, not unusual.

The jury will be sequestered. Not unusual. The term sequestered was also used in saying Kira Trevino's family would be sequestered. I think the reporter meant to say, that as potential witnesses, they could not attend until they testified or were excused as potential witnesses. Again, not unusual.

Most witness's in a trial are not allowed in the court room until they have testified. Otherwise their testimony would be considered tainted.

I have seen a few trial's and have served on jury duty before.

Two big questions. The trial was first delayed at the prosecutions request in order to perform an extensive autopsy. As of today, I have not heard anything about the result of this autopsy. As a matter of fact, I have seen nothing about cause of death. Also, it is alleged that JT dropped her car at MOA and took a taxi back to his house. But. to my knowledge no taxi driver or taxi company has been identified. At least, if they have, it has not been made public.

Paul Blume ‏@PaulBlume_FOX9 1h
No cameras in court. Relying on our artistic skills. @ChaoStrib: Here's my cartoon version of Trevino: pic.twitter.com/PdoXgq5mAC #TrevinoTrial

Paul Blume ‏@PaulBlume_FOX9 48m
Opening states have finished at #TrevinoTrial. Kira Steger sister now on stand. 1st witness called by state.

Paul Blume ‏@PaulBlume_FOX9 47m
Opening statement. Prosecutors, "this is a case about rage, jealousy, deception and a cocer up."

Paul Blume ‏@PaulBlume_FOX9 48m
Opening statement part II #TrevinoTrial. Prosecutors, "a failed marriage came to an abrupt & gruesome end."

Paul Blume ‏@PaulBlume_FOX9 47m
Opening statement #TrevinoTrial. Defense atty, "there is less than a thimble" of Kira blood that was found in Jeffery & Kira's home.

Paul Blume ‏@PaulBlume_FOX9 29m
Kira Steger dad is in front row on courtroom. Defendant Jeffery Trevino just feet away. #TrevinoTrial

Paul Blume ‏@PaulBlume_FOX9 27m
In opening statement, prosecutors aknowledged that Kira Steger was having affair with her district mgr at Delia's MOA. #TrevinoTrial

Paul Blume ‏@PaulBlume_FOX9 26m
Defense atty in Opening statement showed photos of alleged blood stains in couple's home. Questions whether it's murder scene. #TrevinoTrial

Paul Blume ‏@PaulBlume_FOX9 23m
Kira Steger sister just wrapped her testimony. Remembers conversation w/ Kira. She was unhappy. Ready to move on from husband. #TrevinoTrial

Paul Blume ‏@PaulBlume_FOX9 21m
A lot of talk during #TrevinoTrial opening statements about Kira Steger stomach contents. Prosecution says it shows her last meal with Jeff.

Paul Blume ‏@PaulBlume_FOX9 20m
Trevino defense atty claims stomach contents were inconclusive. Questions whether Kira body was in Miss River for 76 days. #TrevinoTrial

KARE 11 ‏@kare11 20m
Follow reporter @sseroka from the murder trial of Jeffery Trevino for the latest.

Paul Blume ‏@PaulBlume_FOX9 17m
Trevino defense atty to jury, "ignore sympathy, ignore what you heard & urban legend" that it's always the husband. #TrevinoTrial
from St. Paul, MN

Paul Blume ‏@PaulBlume_FOX9 13m
Prosecutors to jurors "u will find some things frustrating" about case. Including y roomate living in bsmt heard/saw nothing. #TrevinoTrial
from St. Paul, MN

I sure wish this trial was being live streamed. I just finished doing the Chrisman trial by posting tweets with geevee. If anyone wants to help just join in you don't have to have a twitter account to follow the tweeter's.

I have a twitter account but never tweet, just have one to follow trials and such.

Thanks Jewels for doing this tweetingsss report. I wish this was streamed live also. Hope justice for Kira comes soon.

Scott Seroka ‏@sseroka 31m
State on 5th witness. Going over last night couple together. Testimony from Stegers coworkers, waitress who served couple. #trevinotrial

Paul Blume ‏@PaulBlume_FOX9 30m
Taking early lunch at #TrevinoTrial. Witnesses have incL Kira sister, coworkers & waitress who served them their final meal at Crave MOA.

Paul Blume ‏@PaulBlume_FOX9 19m
Just spoke to Kira Steger Dad. He's been told not to make any comments to the media during #TrevinoTrial. Large group of family here.

Paul Blume ‏@PaulBlume_FOX9 17m
Forgot to mention. During Openings, prosecutors displayed beautiful Kira Steger pix on projector for jury 2 see. Powerful. #TrevinoTrial

Paul Blume ‏@PaulBlume_FOX9 15m
Crave waitress serving Kira/Jeff last night out before she dissappeared. Described couple as awkward. Thought it was 1st date. #TrevinoTrial

Paul Blume ‏@PaulBlume_FOX9 10m
Trials create awkward lunch encounters. At Erbert & Gerbert. Ramsey Co lead prosecutor John Choi. And there's Jeffery Trevino defense atty.

STATE: RAGE, JEALOUSY AND DECEPTION

Ramsey County prosecutors called Kira Steger's sister to the stand as the first witness, who said her sister was unhappy and ready to move on from her relationship.

During opening statements, prosecutors said "this is a case about rage, jealousy, deception and a cover up," and displayed beautiful pictures of her on a projector for the jury to see.

Prosecutors also acknowledged Steger was having an affair with her district manager of her job at Delia's.

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/story/23473368/trevino-trial-opening-statements

prosecutor-This case is about rage and jealousy. What an understatement! Sleeping with her boss and texting him in front of her husband is like waving a red flag in front of a bull.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3
Back