GUILTY MN - Kira Trevino, 30, St Paul, 22 February 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I've read every true crime book I could find starting with the Blooding about 25 years ago. JT murdered his wife. This is unexcusabe. She did'nt disserve it. Am I clear. That being said, JT was obviously "consumed and stressed" by her disire to leave. If she was not killed would it be okay to feel sorry for JT? Can't we understand and feel his hurt. Yes, she was hurt more, but I can still feel for him. Will someone please give me a "like". I must hold the record for the most consecutive posts without a single one.

BBM...If he had not killed her, we would never have heard of either of them, but to go with your question, it is sad when any marriage ends, or any other committed relationship for that matter. Any sympathy I could have had for him went out the window when he decided, for whatever reasons, that killing her was a better solution than divorcing her. JMO

trial delayed for a couple of months while more forenics are developed after discovery of the body. le says charges could be upgraded from 2nd degree murder. I realize premedication can happen very quickly, but its harder to prove. We don't know how things developed that night and we may never know. It seems to me JT wouldn't plan to go bowling, then kill her. Or kill her at home where le would surely look for evidence. Also, the roomate saw them. Plan to kill someone with a witness in the house? Kira's cell phone was used @ 11 pm that night. Kira was texting her friend she was involved with that night. JT said they went to bed together.Blood evidence was found on the bed and bedroom. Imho, this crime happened just after they went into the bedroom. I'm not saying premedication can't be proven, but it could be difficult.

Pure speculation on your part about JT's personality. Lets stick with whats known. One of his friends characterized him as being consumed and stressed by what she was up to. Sounds like emotional abuse. She tells her friends he "doesn't get it". How cold to refer to the man your married to in this way. Why not I really feel bad about this because I know he still loves me.
We're all just speculating because none of us were there...but having survived a lengthy, largely emotionally abusive marriage myself, his 'checking up' on her raises massive red flags for me.

It will be interesting to see where this trial leads but I suspect it will be a replica of so many before it. Possessive, controlling spouse recognizes they're losing control over the relationship and refuses to accept a breakdown of the relationship.

JMO

We're all just speculating because none of us were there...but having survived a lengthy, largely emotionally abusive marriage myself, his 'checking up' on her raises massive red flags for me.

It will be interesting to see where this trial leads but I suspect it will be a replica of so many before it. Possessive, controlling spouse recognizes they're losing control over the relationship and refuses to accept a breakdown of the relationship.

JMO

Don't understand. Why would checking on your spouse that you suspect of cheating raise massive red flags? This to me would be normal. If I suspected my wife had a boyfriend should I just ignore it?

Don't understand. Why would checking on your spouse that you suspect of cheating raise massive red flags? This to me would be normal. If I suspected my wife had a boyfriend should I just ignore it?

normal would be discussing your suspicions with your partner, checking on them seems rather paranoid.

those that say they are suspicious that their partner is cheating on them are often the ones who are doing the cheating.

"Checking on" to me implies intrusive actions--snooping, spying, etc. Rather than treating the situation as an adult and approaching the other person with your concerns.

"Checking on" to me implies intrusive actions--snooping, spying, etc. Rather than treating the situation as an adult and approaching the other person with your concerns.

Silly me. Why didn't I think of that? If I suspect my spouse of cheating, just ask them. I'm sure they would tell me the truth. Problem solved.

Sarcasm noted. However, that's what I'd do if it happened to me. Talk, then leave if necessary. Escalating to more aggressive tactics helps no one and leads to ugliness.

There must be something wrong with me. I've followed this case from the get-go. Poured over hundreds of pictures. The photos reminded me of my wife and I. She's real pretty and smiles easily. Smiling comes hard to me. I was hoping he killed her accidently or at worse a drunken rage during some petty arguement. I actually had a physical reaction when I found out about her affair. As if I just found out my wife was cheating. An overwelming empty feeling. How weird. I need help. I'm sure many of you could give me some suggestions.

There must be something wrong with me. I've followed this case from the get-go. Poured over hundreds of pictures. The photos reminded me of my wife and I. She's real pretty and smiles easily. Smiling comes hard to me. I was hoping he killed her accidently or at worse a drunken rage during some petty arguement. I actually had a physical reaction when I found out about her affair. As if I just found out my wife was cheating. An overwelming empty feeling. How weird. I need help. I'm sure many of you could give me some suggestions.

I think I am speaking for many of us when I say that your anger over the alleged affair was not lost on us.

I don't know what kind of feedback you are looking for on this forum or what you are trying to accomplish. If you are looking for a reply on, or validation of your personal feelings I know that IMO this is not the appropriate place for that. Perhaps others are trying to maintain the integrity of this forum's purpose as well?

One media report states he followed her and passed by places she stated she was, to ensure she really was there. This isn't 'normal', healthy, or (imo) acceptable behavior. It's controlling behavior, bordering on stalking, and stalking IS, in and of itself, psychological abuse. Abuse is all about control...so, as previously stated, it will be interesting to see where this case leads.

I think I am speaking for many of us when I say that your anger over the alleged affair was not lost on us.

I don't know what kind of feedback you are looking for on this forum or what you are trying to accomplish. If you are looking for a reply on, or validation of your personal feelings I know that IMO this is not the appropriate place for that. Perhaps others are trying to maintain the integrity of this forum's purpose as well?

I think I started posting in response to all the comments calling JT abusive and controlling. I thought it possible that he was deeply hurt by her. Possibly, he was just a normal guy who could not handle his pain. I'm new to this site and not aware that you have to say only bad things about the alleged perp.

I'm new to this site and not aware that you have to say only bad things about the alleged perp.

That isn't what anyone is saying. Victim friendly site does not equal "bash the perp." What it does mean is that regardless of what may or may not have been happening in Kira and Jeff's marriage, she didn't deserve to die at his hands IF that is what in fact happened. There is a difference, and it is a substantial difference, to the blanket statement being made that alleged perps have to have only bad things said about them on this site. JMO, and MOO.

What could le find in a forensic autopsy that could lead to an upgrade of the charges to 1st degree. Prosecutors asked to move trial date in order to gather more evidence after the discovery of her body. I think its a slam dunk JT is the killer even before her body was recovered.

One of my biggest problems with these perps that take the life of someone that the claim to love - even if it is in a fit of rage - and then they clam up. IF you truly loves that person, IF it was an accident or fit of rage, IF you didn't really want to kill this person, SPEAK up!! Tell what happened, take your punishment like a man, and let her be buried in dignity. I have NO respect for murderers that hope the body will never be found. I have NO sympathy or respect for those that do everything in their power to prevent justice.

What I am about to say in no way justifies what JT is "alleged" to have done.

The checking up, let's say he was following her, checking her phone etc.... Maybe she hadn't told him it was over, or maybe she had and he hasn't given up on the and "just wasn't getting" that she was moving on. Maybe he wanted to see who she was with, maybe he had been driven crazy by what he suspected. She may have even said its over, but there isn't anyone else, yet late night texts, meals with the girls type of thing was just driving him bonkers. Finding her texting him late that not might have pushed him over the edge. I'm not doubting that in Kira's head it was over, she was moving out, divorcing and moving on, but I'm guessing JT couldn't accept that. (all MOO)

Again, no reason or excuse to kill her, but paranoia, envy, jealousy, and being dumped make you pretty crazy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3
Back