GUILTY MN - Kira Trevino, 30, St Paul, 22 February 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I drive over that very bridge to and from work everyday.......... RIP I'm so glad your family can have you back.

Rest in peace, Kira.
Now that you've been found, may the trial bring justice.

I just read about her husband being in jail for charges of murder. Was their evidence of domestic violence in their relationship before? This is so awful. I noticed in her missing photo she was wearing a wedding dress and so happy, it is heartbreaking your loved one could do that to you. Sick

i dunno about abuse, but i did see that he was controlling of her. she also told her mom a couple of weeks before she went missing that she was thinking about leaving him.

i dunno about abuse, but i did see that he was controlling of her. she also told her mom a couple of weeks before she went missing that she was thinking about leaving him.

I would be careful about calling him controlling. To my knowledge only her mother called him this and we don't know her definition of the word. His alledged checking of her bank account and her activities are not necessarily controlling. His statement to police that he found out she was lying about where she was staying when she didn't come home at night, could explain why he was checking on her.

I would be careful about calling him controlling. To my knowledge only her mother called him this and we don't know her definition of the word. His alledged checking of her bank account and her activities are not necessarily controlling. His statement to police that he found out she was lying about where she was staying when she didn't come home at night, could explain why he was checking on her.

Killing her instead of divorcing her is the ultimate control- "I'll kill her for making memad instead of filing for divorce." (Or whatever). From the very beginning, I struggled with this because I felt like a couple like them- one without children- a divorce could have solved most of the problems. He didn't have to kill her.

So relieved that her body was found so her family can have some kind of closure... I can't imagine the horror they've gone through the last few months - knowing, but not knowing... So incredibly sad that she is gone, but glad she can be brought home and laid to rest surrounded by those who loved and cared about her.

I'm so relieved they found her before the trial started as well. I pray this is what will cinch the case and put JT in jail for the rest of his life. REALLY curious about the roommate still...

Killing her instead of divorcing her is the ultimate control- "I'll kill her for making memad instead of filing for divorce." (Or whatever). From the very beginning, I struggled with this because I felt like a couple like them- one without children- a divorce could have solved most of the problems. He didn't have to kill her.

Her mother called him controlling before she was murdered. Where is the evidence? We have heard very little impartial news about the dynamics going on in their relationship before she was killed. Nothing justifies murder. Looking at the pictures of Kira, she appeared to be very happy with Jeff. He wasn't always an evil monster. What happened that night?

Her mother called him controlling before she was murdered. Where is the evidence? We have heard very little impartial news about the dynamics going on in their relationship before she was killed. Nothing justifies murder. Looking at the pictures of Kira, she appeared to be very happy with Jeff. He wasn't always an evil monster. What happened that night?

My opinion differs from you a bit. In all of the pictures I have seen, Kira has looked like a vibrant, beautiful woman. Jeff has had very little expression. It even appeared to me in some of the photos that he was holding her like a possession rather than smiling and being happy to be with the woman that he "loved". He could not have loved her if he killed her - which IMHO, he did.

I don't know if murder is the ultimate control. Since following this story, I felt that the martial problems were one sided. Kira wanted out. On my post of 3/24 I suggested Kira had a boyfriend. The minneapolis star tribune confirmed this today. Jeff may have so loved her he couldn't bear the thought of her being with anyone else. When you so love someone, divorce does not seem to solve "most of the problems". My wife and I both agreed that if either one of us had an affair and wanted out the pain would be unbearable. divorce would not quell the hurt. But we took our vows seriously--not till something better came along.

I don't know if murder is the ultimate control. Since following this story, I felt that the martial problems were one sided. Kira wanted out. On my post of 3/24 I suggested Kira had a boyfriend. The minneapolis star tribune confirmed this today. Jeff may have so loved her he couldn't bear the thought of her being with anyone else. When you so love someone, divorce does not seem to solve "most of the problems". My wife and I both agreed that if either one of us had an affair and wanted out the pain would be unbearable. divorce would not quell the hurt. But we took our vows seriously--not till something better came along.

JT and the mother of his daughter got divorced, as a friendly FYI only.

You say that it sounds like the marital problems were one sides. How do you know that JT wasn't abusing Kira in some capacity? Emotional, mental (they are different types of abuse) physically... There is no documentation stating that he was, but if he was capable of murder, he is certainly capable of other forms of violence against her.

Additionally how do we know that JT didn't have a girlfriend on the side like Kira had a boyfriend on the side? Again, no documentation to state that he did, but we aren't able to ask Kira to hear the other side.

I don't think Kira wanted out because "something better came along" I believe she wanted out because JT was abusing her in some way and she knew the marriage needed to be over. I am not pro-divorce by any means, but no one should stay in a marriage when they are being abused... And sadly, sometimes people don't show their true abusive colors until after the marriage begins.

All my opinion only.

JT and the mother of his daughter got divorced, as a friendly FYI only.

You say that it sounds like the marital problems were one sides. How do you know that JT wasn't abusing Kira in some capacity? Emotional, mental (they are different types of abuse) physically... There is no documentation stating that he was, but if he was capable of murder, he is certainly capable of other forms of violence against her.

Additionally how do we know that JT didn't have a girlfriend on the side like Kira had a boyfriend on the side? Again, no documentation to state that he did, but we aren't able to ask Kira to hear the other side.

I don't think Kira wanted out because "something better came along" I believe she wanted out because JT was abusing her in some way and she knew the marriage needed to be over. I am not pro-divorce by any means, but no one should stay in a marriage when they are being abused... And sadly, sometimes people don't show their true abusive colors until after the marriage begins.

All my opinion only.

no evidence of Jeff abusing or cheating. there is evidence of kira cheating. Let the facts speak.

no evidence of Jeff abusing or cheating. there is evidence of kira cheating. Let the facts speak.

Perhaps she did. Seems she was finished with JT.

They gave the landlord notice they were moving out April 1. Kira was looking for an apartment for herself.
Police found divorce papers among her things.
She had lacerations to the liver, bruises on her face.

It does not matter if he was controlling or not. Who cares? She's dead and it looks like he killed her (video srvlnc, gassing up the car, blood everywhere).

http://www.twincities.com/ci_23242003/jeffery-trevinos-car-had-paper-address-man-his

I see a lot of people questioning whether or not JT was controlling KT. Speaking from personal experience (which has become all too eerie upon reading more about JT, his personality, disposition and how he was with KT's family-totally uninterested), there are many differnent kinds of control/manipulation a person can use to get what they want out of another. It is total sociopathic/narcissistic behavior. I feel so terrible for her because leaving a person like this is so hard, not because they still love the person but it has to be done with kid gloves...as one can see. If they get any suspicion they are being crossed there will be some sort of punishment. And it's not always in a corporal sense. This is classic severe and emotional and MOO physical abuse from a highly narcissistic person.

One article says JT showed little to no interest in KT's family. Being exposed to anyone outside of a narcissists safety net is a high cause for anxiety. Having to give the illusion that they care about/love someone is like being put on stage under a spotlight. Among friends is easy because playing the "fun" card is easier than playing the "love" card.

It makes me wonder about JT's relationship with his mother. Any input from anywhere on that?

Rest in Peace Kira. You were so close to freedom and my heart breaks in pieces for you.

I see a lot of people questioning whether or not JT was controlling KT. Speaking from personal experience (which has become all too eerie upon reading more about JT, his personality, disposition and how he was with KT's family-totally uninterested), there are many differnent kinds of control/manipulation a person can use to get what they want out of another. It is total sociopathic/narcissistic behavior. I feel so terrible for her because leaving a person like this is so hard, not because they still love the person but it has to be done with kid gloves...as one can see. If they get any suspicion they are being crossed there will be some sort of punishment. And it's not always in a corporal sense. This is classic severe and emotional and MOO physical abuse from a highly narcissistic person.

One article says JT showed little to no interest in KT's family. Being exposed to anyone outside of a narcissists safety net is a high cause for anxiety. Having to give the illusion that they care about/love someone is like being put on stage under a spotlight. Among friends is easy because playing the "fun" card is easier than playing the "love" card.

It makes me wonder about JT's relationship with his mother. Any input from anywhere on that?

Rest in Peace Kira. You were so close to freedom and my heart breaks in pieces for you.

Pure speculation on your part about JT's personality. Lets stick with whats known. One of his friends characterized him as being consumed and stressed by what she was up to. Sounds like emotional abuse. She tells her friends he "doesn't get it". How cold to refer to the man your married to in this way. Why not I really feel bad about this because I know he still loves me.

What's sad is JT will probably serve a minimum sentence, because this was his wife and because of the other man. Kill a stranger get life, kill your wife get sympathy.

controlling isn't the same thing as abusing. there may not be any "evidence" of him controlling her.

my guess is, she wanted out of the relationship but very well could have been afraid to leave...especially if he was controlling and/or abusive. finding another man may have been helping her to finally go through with leaving JT.

all JMHO.

controlling isn't the same thing as abusing. there may not be any "evidence" of him controlling her.

my guess is, she wanted out of the relationship but very well could have been afraid to leave...especially if he was controlling and/or abusive. finding another man may have been helping her to finally go through with leaving JT.

all JMHO.

What I do not understand is why all you commentors want to blame JT for Kira wanting a divorce. This is pure speculation. Why not choose a more likely reason that is more factual. She found a new guy. Maybe better looking,more fun,made more money or any of the usual reasons people stray in their marraige. Without evidence to the contrary, maybe JT did nothing to cause her to want out. Kira told her friends he just "didn't get it".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand
Back