GUILTY MN - Kira Trevino, 30, St Paul, 22 February 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"Chao Xiong ‏@ChaoStrib 1m
Conard implied maybe Kira's grandpa planted bloody pillow #TrevinoTrial"

And just where does the DT think Grandpa got a pillow with her blood on it? Oh goodness, that is just scurrilous. :(

I call it desperation by the defense team. That is ludicrous and I sure hope the jury was smart enough to see past that.

If the defense wants to call that reasonable doubt then they are stretching. Beside's what is said in closing is not to be considered as facts.

I know you know this Geevee I am just saying this for other's incase they don't know.

I call it desperation by the defense team. That is ludicrous and I sure hope the jury was smart enough to see past that.

If the defense wants to call that reasonable doubt then they are stretching. Beside's what is said in closing is not to be considered as facts.

I know you know this Geevee I am just saying this for other's incase they don't know.

BBM
Yes, and a good point to be made. :)

If I were a juror I'd feel like the defense thought I was a fool to believe anything like that. It just makes no sense at all.

I believe the joruy is educated and well instructed by the judge and will not be influenced by the smoke and mirror tactics. "grandpa could have done it"

The jury will be sequestered as they deliberate whether or not Jeffery Trevino, the St. Paul man accused of murdering his wife, Kira, last February, is guilty or innocent of the second-degree murder charge he faces.

WHO'S ON THE JURY?

Below are descriptions of the 14 jurors selected to hear the case. They include:

- A woman who recently graduated from college and works locally as a nanny

- A woman who left a long career in software development

- A woman who is a self-employed health care consultant and is married to an attorney

- A man who serves as a pastor in St. Paul

- A man who lives in communal religious housing and hasn't heard about the case

- A divorced man who works in wholesale produce managing drivers and warehouse staff

- A man who is a well-educated 3M engineer

- An older man who has experience working on helicopters and is a sailing enthusiast

- A man who works as a mechanical engineer on one of the Twin Cities stadium projects

- A young man who works at an airport restaurant and is expecting his first child in November

- A man who is a retired former National Guard member

- A young mom with two kids at home

- A woman who handles bookkeeping for a small family business

- A woman who spends her winters in Florida

Read more: http://www.myfoxla.com/story/23465580/trevino-trial-jury-questionnaire#ixzz2gUz4D4ir

Closings: Prosecutors say Trevino had 'powerful motive;' defense questions forensic evidence

http://www.startribune.com/local/east/225984911.html

In that article the defense brings up how good the condition of Kira body was. It was disposed of in freezing cold water that was frozen over with ice. So I would imagine it was kept in good condition because of the elements.

I so wish we could have at least saw part of the trial. To see the demeanor of the attorney's and the defendant.

The jury got the case at 12:30 pm CDT and then they went to lunch. I am giving them 1 hr for lunch.

Deliberation clock:

1:30 -

Paul Blume ‏@PaulBlume_FOX9 9m
During close, Jeff atty suggested bloody pillow found at Keller Lk might've been planted by Kira grandfather or other searcher #TrevinoTrial

Chao Xiong ‏@ChaoStrib 6m
Dateline NBC tried unsuccessfully to get cameras into #TrevinoTrial pic.twitter.com/8K7R93jh04

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BVg7SV7CQAIAJn-.jpg:large

Chao Xiong ‏@ChaoStrib 7m
Trevino's waiver of right to testify #TrevinoTrial pic.twitter.com/SRzgSdJaFE

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BVg7iw2CAAAC4OR.jpg

I think that's the reason for the condition of her body as well, freezing cold water would tend to preserve whatever is in it.

Thanks for the jury run down, Dogg. :)

Well finally, jury watch! Thank you Jewels for all the tweets, cause that is the only way I knew what was going on in this trial. And thank you to all who posted links to articles and motions and such.

Hopefully the jury won't take too long.

Well finally, jury watch! Thank you Jewels for all the tweets, cause that is the only way I knew what was going on in this trial. And thank you to all who posted links to articles and motions and such.

Hopefully the jury won't take too long.

Nice to see you, Thundar. :seeya:

The jury got the case at 12:30 pm CDT and then they went to lunch. I am giving them 1 hr for lunch.

Deliberation clock:

1:30 -

Your timing is spot on, Jewels:

Paul Blume ‏@PaulBlume_FOX9 8m Got word from chambers that #TrevinoTrial jurors returned from lunch around 1:30 to begin deliberating. So about 2 hrs into verdict watch...

Also this:

Scott Seroka ‏@sseroka 1m #TrevinoTrial If jury deliberates til 9 pm,deputies take them to hotel til 9 am Wed. Only come back to court if asking to see video again.

I am going out on a limb here and saying there won't be a verdict until tomorrow. The jury wants a night out on the court so they will stay in a motel tonight. Plus a couple of meals.

I haven't had a tweet for awhile, not sure we will hear if they go to supper. So I am just estimating the time at 6:30.

Deliberation clock:

1:30 - 6:30 = 5 hrs

Emily Gurnon ‏@EmilyGurnon 9m
No word from Jeffery Trevino jury. Unless they reach verdict earlier, judge will keep them up until 9-ish. #TrevinoTrial

Paul Blume ‏@PaulBlume_FOX9 5m
"@jeffdegree: I'll be live on @MyFOX9 at 9:45p discussing #TrevinoTrial. Could there be verdict by then? Follow @PaulBlume_FOX9 for latest."

If there is nothing wrong with smoking pot, why is it an insult to her memory?

A little late here, I just saw your question. I don't think there is anything wrong with smoking pot...but that's just my opinion. I digress.... I said it was insulting because the poor woman was brutally murdered and it seemed as if they were attempting to blame her lifestyle choices for it. Airing all kinds of dirty laundry to tarnish her reputation and assign blame.

I am going out on a limb here and saying there won't be a verdict until tomorrow. The jury wants a night out on the court so they will stay in a motel tonight. Plus a couple of meals.

I am sure the health care consultant, pastor, 3M engineer , and the mechanical engineer all spend lots of time in better hotels than what Ramsey County could put them up in. I really think the evidence was not that clear. The Trevino trial by numbers article laid out some numbers of time from house and miles that make a difference but the prosecution did not give that information as far as I can tell. Unless you know the St Paul MN and the East side, at that I think this is not clear. Which is why I keep saying that the prosecution did not do the best job on this, they know the city and that area well and assume that the jurors know it but east siders stay to the east side and the rest of St Paul does not know the area, a point that the prosecution failed to lay out clearly.

Dogg we will just have to wait and see. I wish they would come back tonight, somehow I don't think they will.

Paul Blume ‏@PaulBlume_FOX9 15m
Unclear if #TrevinoTrial jury broke for dinner or deliberating over shared meal. But by my count we are at about 6hrs for this verdict watch

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missingjustice89
Back