MN MN - LeeAnna Warner, 5, Chisholm, 14 June 2003

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was in Hibbing/Chisholm on Friday. My youngest daughter lives in Hibbing. She knows the family and talks to Leanna's grandmother quite often. Unfortunately, my daughter couldn't be there for the search but she did recruit a number of volunteers from her church. You described the area much better than I could. If you've never been there it's hard to imagine. And like you said it would take a miracle---(and everyone is still hoping for one.)

The Iron Range is approximately 200 miles from Minneapolis/St. Paul. North of MiLacs there's not much for about 100 miles until things open up to the Iron Range cities. The economy was healthy there for about 100 years until the bottom fell from the taconite industry (iron ore) in the 1980s. The State has made attempts to revive the range cities with Iron World and the Mesabi Trail but has experienced limited success. I would guess that Chisholm doesn't have a lot of resources to devote to finding Leanna. I don't know the finances of her parents, but I would guess they would fit the mold of struggling people who stayed on the Range.

If there's an account set up for the family, and anyone has a few extra $, it would be a worthy cause.

Juliana said:
This case really upsets me. I hate that when I do a Google News search on Leanna's name, I come up with nothing. What happened to Leanna?

http://findbeaner.org/

Has LE ever formally said that she is considered dead? I mean, after all this time...damn, it's like she fell off the face of the earth. So sad. I still think her parents were involved.
Karen

I haven't forgotten her either. The one positive thing about this case is that the child is so young that is not impossible she was taken by someone who wanted a child of their own. She would be too young to recall much of her previous family life after a while. I pray that this is what happened..........

If that were the case, LeeAnna has a rather unique face and someone might recognize her somewhere. I believe they are going to search for her again in September.

It seems many posts are from city folks, so I'll post this again. Maybe it will help to clarify the possibilities.

Northern Minnesota from where Leanna disappeared is part of a region known as the Iron Range. What you see for miles and miles are trees, abandoned mines, lakes and snowmobile/ATV trails. Between this landscape there are a few towns, built a century ago as mining settlements. Just as soon as you leave these towns, the landscape abruptly changes. There are so many hiding places, so many places where people just don't go, that unless you've seen the region, you cannot imagine the possibilites - miles and miles of iron ore tailings, an occasional house, but mostly nothingness. Without a clue, to look for anything in that region is like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Hi, Trino, thanks for the info. I live in Northern Wisconsin, very remote, but not with the old mines or anything, just lots of forests, lakes and miles of nothing much. I don't know if you remember the Cora Jones case, she was killed near Waupaca and her killer for some reason brought her body just North of Antigo, where I live. If not for some bow hunters checking a deer stand, she may never have been found. I just pray and hope that something like that will happen for Beaner.

Wouldn't it be awesome if our best scenario came true, and someone enrolls LeeAnna in school and she is found? I wonder how well trained school admins
are at watching for this.

AuntieKaren said:
Has LE ever formally said that she is considered dead? I mean, after all this time...damn, it's like she fell off the face of the earth. So sad. I still think her parents were involved.
Karen

Leanna's parents have been cleared. You would know that, had you taken time to read the whole story instead of just posting without any regard for their feelings.

Please post as if the family was going to read it every time, and then you will have nothing to worry about. Consider people's feelings, and bind your tongue (fingertips), please.

To Leanna's parents, I am truly sorry if you are hurt by any comments on this forum. May God bless you and keep you until Beaner is home.
Much love to you, Lanie
Help For The Missing
HelpForTheMissing@yahoo.com

deputylinda said:
i have not forgotten this child. something doesn't smell right.

???

I would agree, something isn't "right". A child has been taken.
Again, I will restate something that is public knowledge.
Leanna's parents have been cleared.

With prayers of HOPE for Leanna and her family, Lanie

Trino said:
It seems many posts are from city folks, so I'll post this again. Maybe it will help to clarify the possibilities.

Northern Minnesota from where Leanna disappeared is part of a region known as the Iron Range. What you see for miles and miles are trees, abandoned mines, lakes and snowmobile/ATV trails. Between this landscape there are a few towns, built a century ago as mining settlements. Just as soon as you leave these towns, the landscape abruptly changes. There are so many hiding places, so many places where people just don't go, that unless you've seen the region, you cannot imagine the possibilites - miles and miles of iron ore tailings, an occasional house, but mostly nothingness. Without a clue, to look for anything in that region is like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Thank you Trino. Please pray for Beaner and those who search for her.
Special thanks to Kelly, Robert, Cindy and Marti for all you have done on behalf of this precious little girl.
With HOPE, Lanie
Help For The Missing

Mom who cares said:
Wouldn't it be awesome if our best scenario came true, and someone enrolls LeeAnna in school and she is found? I wonder how well trained school admins
are at watching for this.

This would be amazing........didn't someone try to do that to missing child Bethany Markowski? I found this link.
http://www.wrcbtv.com/special_reports/crimestopper.cfm?DID=4465

Never the less Bethany and Leanna are still missing and thats the main thing. I guess an alert school admin officer might notice- in Bethanys case the woman was acting suspicious..........not sure how many other people REALLY look at missing peoples photos. Watched an episode of Oprah once where the took a piccie of a kid and put up fake "missing child" posters in a mall. They then sat the kid UNDER A POSTER to check whether people read these things..........You know how many people noticed the "missing child" was sat underneath his own poster? None! Not one person..............Lets just hope people open their eyes...............and these little girls can be brought home safe!

Emma, what you described on Oprah is truly amazing. Our local grocery stores, small restaurants, the mall, post offices, etc. have wanted posters and pictures of missing kids. Thanks for showing us all that we need to be more alert!

WasBlind said:
Leanna's parents have been cleared. You would know that, had you taken time to read the whole story instead of just posting without any regard for their feelings.

Please post as if the family was going to read it every time, and then you will have nothing to worry about. Consider people's feelings, and bind your tongue (fingertips), please.

To Leanna's parents, I am truly sorry if you are hurt by any comments on this forum. May God bless you and keep you until Beaner is home.
Much love to you, Lanie
Help For The Missing
HelpForTheMissing@yahoo.com

Lanie--
I don't appreciate your comment. You make me out to be someone who is cold-hearted and uncaring. I truly do not remember reading that the parents were cleared.
Karen

After the July searches turned up nothing, I had read that they were going to search again in September. Has anyone heard anything?

I am from Minnesota and live just south of the Twin Cities and this case has been on my mind ever since it happened. I have a few questions & concersns.............WHY is it that Daniel VanDam case and others get all of this media attention and little Beaner let's be honest did not get nearly a quarter of the atttention / coverage by the Media. Not that it would have made much of a difference but you just never never known. It doesnt seem to me that they are even investigaiting any longer there just never seems to be much said about it. Another thing I have noticed is I have not seen ONE poster for her in my local areas at all. I feel so terrible for her family and loved ones I can't even imagaine having soemthing happen to my daughter. I pray for little Beaner every single night.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iwantapuppy
Back