Found Deceased MN - Madeline Jane Kingsbury, 26, mother of 2, Winona, 31 Mar 2023 *arrest* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
They kind of did. From the Press Conference

...The vehicle that Maddie normally drives is a 2014 dark blue Chrysler Town & Country mini-van. The father of Maddie's children has spoken to law enforcement and told us that he left the residence in Maddie's van around 10 am. and upon returning later in the day, Maddie was not home....
Saving this. ^^^
LE have been letting out information in a slow drip, so to speak.

I think this whole business about the wells and windmills is very intriguing especially about wells from before 1925. Granted, I've read too many detective novels, but I wonder if LE has found some trace evidence that leads them to believe the killer brought her to a well or sinkhole. Maybe there is some sort of sediment or bacteria that grows predominantly in those areas and they found evidence of that on the carpet of the home or the tires of the minivan....or on someone's shoes. And 1925? Was there some sort of chemical that was allowed only before that date in the construction and operation of wells and it was found as trace evidence? Or maybe, wells used before 1925 did not need to be sealed when they went dry? Just very odd. Thanks @youarentsilly for pointing this out...kept me awake last night.
Great sleuthing !

I think this whole business about the wells and windmills is very intriguing especially about wells from before 1925. Granted, I've read too many detective novels, but I wonder if LE has found some trace evidence that leads them to believe the killer brought her to a well or sinkhole. Maybe there is some sort of sediment or bacteria that grows predominantly in those areas and they found evidence of that on the carpet of the home or the tires of the minivan....or on someone's shoes. And 1925? Was there some sort of chemical that was allowed only before that date in the construction and operation of wells and it was found as trace evidence? Or maybe, wells used before 1925 did not need to be sealed when they went dry? Just very odd. Thanks @youarentsilly for pointing this out...kept me awake last night.
1925 was likely the start of when permits were required to dig a well. The wells from then on were most likely kept track of on county maps and land records. As the press release states "this information is not included in available records"

The ground was most likely still frozen on March 31st. On the surface the ground may have been thawed, but a few inches down from the surface there was probably still some frost making digging without heavy equipment near impossible. Frost in that part of the country can reach several feet depending on the severity of cold weather. A good indication of when the frost is out of the ground is when the grass starts to green. I think this is likely why LE has now included wells since a well would be a quick and easy place to dump a body when digging a grave in the frozen ground was out of the question.

The part about accessible by car is obvious. A mini van is not an off road vehicle and it wouldn't take much to get one stuck if driven off road. For this reason I wouldn't expect to find a body further than a few hundred feet from a road a mini van could navigate. Just imagine trying to carry someone that weights 135 lbs. Your not going to carry that kind of "dead" weight a quarter mile from a road out into the woods. Go find someone about Madi's size and weight and see how far you could carry them. AF doesn't look like that big of guy that could carry heavy weight long distances.

JMO

1925 was likely the start of when permits were required to dig a well. The wells from then on were most likely kept track of on county maps and land records. As the press release states "this information is not included in available records"

The ground was most likely still frozen on March 31st. On the surface the ground may have been thawed, but a few inches down from the surface there was probably still some frost making digging without heavy equipment near impossible. Frost in that part of the country can reach several feet depending on the severity of cold weather. A good indication of when the frost is out of the ground is when the grass starts to green. I think this is likely why LE has now included wells since a well would be a quick and easy place to dump a body when digging a grave in the frozen ground was out of the question.

The part about accessible by car is obvious. A mini van is not an off road vehicle and it wouldn't take much to get one stuck if driven off road. For this reason I wouldn't expect to find a body further than a few hundred feet from a road a mini van could navigate. Just imagine trying to carry someone that weights 135 lbs. Your not going to carry that kind of "dead" weight a quarter mile from a road out into the woods. Go find someone about Madi's size and weight and see how far you could carry them. AF doesn't look like that big of guy that could carry heavy weight long distances.

JMO
Well Said!!!!!!!

APR 27, 2023
Police encouraged landowners to report wells from before 1925, old homesteads and old windmills or windmill bases or any sinkholes that would be accessible by car.

The information police are asking for is not included in available records and could lead to new searches. Landowners can report these items by emailing search@co.winona.mn.us.

“We’re just trying to dive deeper,” said Winona Deputy Chief of Police Jay Rasmussen. “We’re focusing on that area and trying to cover all the bases.”

I wonder if LE is asking for the wells/windmill/sinkhole info so they can catalogue it and see who DOES NOT report one of those on their property. Perhaps LE has a suspect they have not made public, and they want to make sure family members are not covering for that person.

What about water ways, I am not familiar with this area geologically. But the Mississippi
River is flooding right now. Could the flooding of this river been premeditated by a perp. In other words is there a waterway that feeds into the river from that area?

FRIDAY, 5 MAY 2023 AT 19:30 CDT

Shining A Light For Madeline

1682670335297.png
Event by Finding Madeline Kingsbury

Veterans Memorial Park

Public · Anyone on or off Facebook

The Kingsbury/Naber family invite you to join them in an evening of hopefilled prayer.

We will be having a prayer ceremony followed by family and friends speaking.

At the end of the gathering in lieu of candles, we ask everyone with a smart phone to download the "candle app".

The generosity and compassion shown to Madeline's family and loved ones has not been left unnoticed. They look forward to seeing everyone from near and far to join them in shining a light for Maddi and guiding her home.

The address is Lake Park Drive, Winona, MN 55987. Please meet at the bandshell in the park. Please carpool, if possible.

APR 28, 2023
The one-month mark is quickly approaching in the search to find a missing Winona woman, Madeline Kingsbury...

#findMaddi

Police encouraged landowners to report wells from before 1925, old homesteads and old windmills or windmill bases or any sinkholes that would be accessible by car.
I'm wondering if LE has uncovered evidence from either AF or another suspect's electronics, if any have been seized or searched. I'm assuming AF wouldn't be naive enough to Google "ways to dispose of a body" but could possibly have worded similar searches that are leading LE to speculate about old wells & sinkholes, especially in areas they are focusing their search efforts.
All pure speculation, obviously....

Almost a month since Maddi was last seen. A $50,000.00 reward has not brought her home. Police, MN Bureau of Apprehension, Searchers, Canines, Horse Searchers, ATV's, Divers, Planes & helicopters, probably forgetting some. Still no sign of Maddi.
Where in the name of God is she??? He isn't that smart. If she was put in the river it will be going down soon.

Almost a month since Maddi was last seen. A $50,000.00 reward has not brought her home. Police, MN Bureau of Apprehension, Searchers, Canines, Horse Searchers, ATV's, Divers, Planes & helicopters, probably forgetting some. Still no sign of Maddi.
Where in the name of God is she??? He isn't that smart. If she was put in the river it will be going down soon.
LE hasn't seemed to give much attention to searching the river. Makes me think they have some solid electronic location information, but it's a large geograpical area.

Recently, in a MP case in Arizona - LE had cell phone pings to work with, but the area was so rural, it encompassed a 75 mile radius. I envision something similar in Maddi's case. LE has never wavered in the target area they are interested in. I'm confident, despite their silence on the subject of a POI - WPD will eventually make an arrest. Whether Maddi is found or not.

It's always been so bizarre to me, how a person who kills and conceals a victim. Just sits and waits for LE to find the body. How does that person not lose their everloving mind in the waiting?

LE hasn't seemed to give much attention to searching the river. Makes me think they have some solid electronic location information, but it's a large geograpical area.

Recently, in a MP case in Arizona - LE had cell phone pings to work with, but the area was so rural, it encompassed a 75 mile radius. I envision something similar in Maddi's case. LE has never wavered in the target area they are interested in. I'm confident, despite their silence on the subject of a POI - WPD will eventually make an arrest. Whether Maddi is found or not.

It's always been so bizarre to me, how a person who kills and conceals a victim. Just sits and waits for LE to find the body. How does that person not lose their everloving mind in the waiting?
I hope you are right and it's not just random searches.

Like you, I also believe there will be an imminent arrest - whether Maddi is found or not.

Is the most recent area LE is targeting for searches in route of the direction Madi’s (or similar to) vehicle was seen traveling after 10am?

I know a lot of you have posted maps and whatnot but admittedly I cannot follow or give geographical directions to save my life so examining a route is something of a foreign language to me.

Something that has concerned me, and I hope I'm wrong, is that LE is basing the van's travel on sightings or video rather than GPS. As a very common vehicle where I live (a couple of hours from Winona) I've been worried that it wasn't Maddi's van seen on highway 43, but a similar van.

When I say it's a very common van in a very common color, I see at least one or two every day and I wouldn't have even noticed except my friend has the same van and it's never her.

I'm wondering if LE has uncovered evidence from either AF or another suspect's electronics, if any have been seized or searched. I'm assuming AF wouldn't be naive enough to Google "ways to dispose of a body" but could possibly have worded similar searches that are leading LE to speculate about old wells & sinkholes, especially in areas they are focusing their search efforts.
All pure speculation, obviously....
Have you been following the threads for Ana Walshe? Her husband did exactly that and many more which was almost unbelievable because how dumb can one be…

Something that has concerned me, and I hope I'm wrong, is that LE is basing the van's travel on sightings or video rather than GPS. As a very common vehicle where I live (a couple of hours from Winona) I've been worried that it wasn't Maddi's van seen on highway 43, but a similar van.

When I say it's a very common van in a very common color, I see at least one or two every day and I wouldn't have even noticed except my friend has the same van and it's never her.
We’re driving to the cities now, been on the road for 1.5 hrs, I’ve seen 6 so far and 4 were the same color as Maddie’s.

Maddi's van had a couple of decals on the rear window that made it very distinctive. The one decal said "Please don't honk, I'm sensitive" Perhaps LE seen this decal on the video of the van traveling by and knows for certain the van seen on the video was Maddi's van, but are not going to announce to the public what evidence they have, so they just say "matching the description". Click picture to enlarge.

Attachments

• Kingsbury Van.jpg
    Kingsbury Van.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 21
Is the most recent area LE is targeting for searches in route of the direction Madi’s (or similar to) vehicle was seen traveling after 10am?

I know a lot of you have posted maps and whatnot but admittedly I cannot follow or give geographical directions to save my life so examining a route is something of a foreign language to me.
Yes. LE has been focusing their search efforts to the south of Winona.

Police said a van matching Maddi’s was driven on County Road 12 and Highway 43 in Winona County and then southbound on Highway 43 through the eastern part of Fillmore County. Then the van traveled back toward Winona on Highway 43 and remained in the driveway of the home from 1:30 p.m. onward.

Police asked for residents in Winona and Fillmore Counties to check their properties and video cameras for any signs of the 2014 blue Chrysler Town and County passing through or stopping. They also requested residents along Highway 43 to check for any signs of disturbance or other suspicious activities between 8 a.m. on March 31 and 4 p.m. on April 1.

According to Maddi's sister Megan, the van was seen on video in Rushford, MN which is about 30 miles south of Winona on HWY 43.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lillianlily
Back