Found Deceased MN - Madeline Jane Kingsbury, 26, mother of 2, Winona, 31 Mar 2023 *arrest* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sorry, but that's first degree. He had time to think about it, so it's premeditated.

Also, how is this not considered 1st degree re: DV? It's not a pattern?

(6) causes the death of a human being while committing domestic abuse, when the perpetrator has engaged in a past pattern of domestic abuse upon the victim or upon another family or household member and the death occurs under circumstances manifesting an extreme indifference to human life; or

@LouRaguse

A friend of Maddi's also shared an instance where she saw Fravel strike her in the face while Maddi was on a video call with the friend (him not realizing Maddi was on the call)
https://twitter.com/LouRaguse
@LouRaguse
·
5m

A family member of Maddi's told police about a time she learned Fravel put his hands around Maddi's throat. Maddi and Fravel texted each other about the incident.

Was there a history of DV in their relationship? I can not remember if that has ever been stated or discussed.

I am still shocked that he seemed to think he would get away with this. (I only assume that because of him filing for custody of the kids, which would lead me to believe he thought he would not be going to jail).

(6) causes the death of a human being while committing domestic abuse, when the perpetrator has engaged in a past pattern of domestic abuse upon the victim or upon another family or household member and the death occurs under circumstances manifesting an extreme indifference to human life; or

@LouRaguse

A friend of Maddi's also shared an instance where she saw Fravel strike her in the face while Maddi was on a video call with the friend (him not realizing Maddi was on the call)
@LouRaguse
·
5m

A family member of Maddi's told police about a time she learned Fravel put his hands around Maddi's throat. Maddi and Fravel texted each other about the incident.
They may end up charging him with 1st degree murder, but in MN one can only be charged with first degree murder by a grand jury. A county attorney cannot do it on their own, so most cases that end up with first degree murder charges will start being charged as 2nd degree.

They may end up charging him with 1st degree murder, but in MN one can only be charged with first degree murder by a grand jury. A county attorney cannot do it on their own, so most cases that end up with first degree murder charges will start being charged as 2nd degree.

That makes total sense. TY for the info

@LouRaguse

@LouRaguse
·
5m

A family member of Maddi's told police about a time she learned Fravel put his hands around Maddi's throat. Maddi and Fravel texted each other about the
That makes total sense. TY for the info
I sure hope so. This evil man makes me sick. How was he able to live each day knowing what he did? I hope he isn’t able to sleep a wink and he can look forward to being behind bars for a very long time.

Now he's been arrested, I see this article in a different light....it is alarming.

"County officials learned Fravel does not have custodial rights to Kingsbury's children, meaning the kids don't have a legal decisionmaker with Kingsbury gone."

"Fravel and his family didn't allow social workers access to the children — at one point Fravel took the youngest child inside and locked the door while shouting expletives, according to the petition."

"Fravel and his family eventually relented after Fravel called his attorney, according to court documents. The children left the home with only the clothes they wore."

I understand why they are keeping things close to their chest.. but at this point, it's been more than 60 days.. They do have additional information. They now have her body. They have the suspect. I don't completely understand the need for the no comments.. Especially about some of these questions.
It makes you want to ask why bother with the Q&A?? What's the next step for him?? Probable cause hearing???

She was found wrapped in a fitted bed sheet that had been gorilla taped.

I can't tell exactly from the wording, but I think she still had the towel around her neck when she was located?

If they were able to ID her from dental records AND tattoos.. would that indicate limited decomposition? Even wrapped in a sheet, decomp smells would have been strong throughout the area right? Is it still really cold in MN?

OH MY GOD.
"Fravel admitted to investigators he was “infatuated” with the Gabby Petito case. Law enforcement shared a concerned person’s report to them that Adam told Madeline if she didn’t “listen up” she would end up like Gabby Petito."

Does anyone know if there were prior incidents of domestic abuse bw Maddie and Adam? Either documented by police /court system or anything shared by her family?
I've worked with DV victims, staff and LE as an victim advocate, so I would guess MK at the least would have confided with her sister or a close friend. If so, we'll likely hear about it. IMO, in some of her comments, her sister was wanting to talk but couldn't. So, IMO there were previous incidents of threats or verbal abuse, if not physical abuse.

What stood out to me was that MK was willing to support this guy and that she was willing to stay close so that he could visit the kids. She likely thought she could keep him happy or keep it civil if she did this.

MOO, he was a bully and a ticking time bomb and she knew it. She knew just how far to go with him. For a victim of DV, it is tough to make a move from the abuser. She has her safety and the safety of any children to think about. For some it is so embarrassing to reveal a situation she was living in to anyone. For some, the attitude of local LE can make her feel helpless. A lot of LE will not or cannot do anything for a victim if there isn't proof or until he actually does something to her.

IMO, she had a lot going for her that some women don't. She was self sufficient and not financially dependent on him. That is a big plus. For some reason she stayed with him while she made her plans to leave. In the end he was not having it!

There is more to this story. I'd like to know more about him. He's not unique.

Was there a history of DV in their relationship? I can not remember if that has ever been stated or discussed.

I am still shocked that he seemed to think he would get away with this. (I only assume that because of him filing for custody of the kids, which would lead me to believe he thought he would not be going to jail).
He could have thought that but if not, he needed to file for the kids otherwise what would people think??

I hope this happens in this case as well. Maddi deserves better.

Moo

Has the complaint attached.

WOW! so there was previous evidence of abuse!

Yep, he's a bully and was dangerous! He texts her about dinner??

I wonder how removing, switching and replacing license plates made any difference at the time he did it. Did he know at some point that would matter?? What innocent person does that? He had the wrong items in the back of the van?? so he goes back to the residence, stays home and does nothing??

He thought she might have carpooled to work but left her purse, etc. there?

This guy is really stupid!

In the presser did you notice LE never ruled out an accomplice.

Yes. IMO, he is a coward, a bully and wannabe tough guy but would not surprise me that he had help after the fact. Has he ever done anything on his own??
The attached order of detention with the probable cause statement gives a detailed well-documented timeline and in my opinion, it appears that the suspect acted alone. It seems that the body was found by a deputy as a result of the narrowing of a search area. If he had gotten help after the fact, I would think the deputy wouldn't have found the victim in the location she was left. MOO

chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/23838915/complaint-order-for-detention.pdf

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back