MN MN - Madeline Jane Kingsbury, 26, mother of 2, Winona 31 Mar 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In our county we can search for civil and criminal records in separate databases. I didn’t see civil at the link and that is what I’m interested in. Or maybe there is nothing filed on the civil side (meaning child support/custody etc)

ETA: thanks for the link earlier, Tippy!
Civil and criminal cases are included in the search.

Just to add another twist… Appears that Maddi posted within the last week about looking for a new remote job. People typically don’t post stuff like that if everything is fine at work. Also could be unrelated. Or be related but not the cause.
It is about an hour or so commute from Winona to Rochester Mayo. It could be just the commute distance as to why she was looking for a remote position? I would think Mayo would be a top choice as an employer since it's such a well respected hospital. I am here now for the care of my son and it was a challenge to get him in to be transferred from a hospital in Minneapolis. I have never worked for Mayo so I can't attest to what it's like to work for them but every single person we've interacted with appears to like it here.

It is about an hour or so commute from Winona to Rochester Mayo. It could be just the commute distance as to why she was looking for a remote position? I would think Mayo would be a top choice as an employer since it's such a well respected hospital. I am here now for the care of my son and it was a challenge to get him in to be transferred from a hospital in Minneapolis. I have never worked for Mayo so I can't attest to what it's like to work for them but every single person we've interacted with appears to like it here.
MK also posted about searching for a new home/apartment. Perhaps both a different job & a potential change of address indicate a change in her relationship status? It might be easier for a single parent of young children to work from home and/or live closer to work.

We aren't getting a lot of insight into her personal life from LE or the media but I'm concerned for her health & welfare. Her LinkedIn indicates she is also pursuing a master's degree with anticipated graduation in 2025.

This is one very busy mom of young children if so. I'm glad she has a good friend & her mom advocating for her. May today be the day she comes home.
JMOO

Kingsbury is a mother of two and a clinical research coordinator at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, according to her social media.

According to the alert, the bureau and the Winona Police Department are "actively reviewing and following up on information obtained during the ongoing investigation.

I totally agree. I do think it's probably a great place to work. Just was noting that she was making a public appeal for a new job so something likely changed recently. Something that would make it okay to be looking for a new job and not worrying if her currently employer was aware. I feel that they must have known she was needing to make a change as well. Maybe her research ended? Maybe she needed fully remote and they weren't able to offer that? Maybe she was planning a move? I don't know. I did see one FB post that indicated she often worked from home but was meant to go into Rochester that day. No confirmation that she did so... but if she often worked from home, they would not have likely noticed she was MIA as quickly as her friend did.

Also - I hope your son is okay! My niece was treated at Mayo and they took great care of her. I hope you have the same experience.

Since you're in Rochester, can you tell us what the snow cover level is there? I live in MN too. We also got 8ish inches of heavy wet snow Friday afternoon, March 31, ending April 1. It's melting quickly but most of my yard has still around 4-6 inches which might cover evidence or make it difficult to search.

"Residents are asked to check their properties, including any video cameras, doorbell cameras, game cameras, etc. for a dark colored Chrysler Town and Country van, signs of disturbance, or any other suspicious activity between the hours of 8:00 a.m. on Friday, Mar. 31 through 4:00 p.m. on Saturday, Apr. 1."

UPDATE: Police asking residents for signs to help locate missing Winona woman

I totally agree. I do think it's probably a great place to work. Just was noting that she was making a public appeal for a new job so something likely changed recently. Something that would make it okay to be looking for a new job and not worrying if her currently employer was aware. I feel that they must have known she was needing to make a change as well. Maybe her research ended? Maybe she needed fully remote and they weren't able to offer that? Maybe she was planning a move? I don't know. I did see one FB post that indicated she often worked from home but was meant to go into Rochester that day. No confirmation that she did so... but if she often worked from home, they would not have likely noticed she was MIA as quickly as her friend did.

Also - I hope your son is okay! My niece was treated at Mayo and they took great care of her. I hope you have the same experience.

Since you're in Rochester, can you tell us what the snow cover level is there? I live in MN too. We also got 8ish inches of heavy wet snow Friday afternoon, March 31, ending April 1. It's melting quickly but most of my yard has still around 4-6 inches which might cover evidence or make it difficult to search.
Rochester got a little over 2 inches of snow Friday night and into Saturday morning. There's still snow on the ground in and around the area, but it's melting quickly. The Winona area landscape has steep hills, forested ridges and deep river valleys.

"Residents are asked to check their properties, including any video cameras, doorbell cameras, game cameras, etc. for a dark colored Chrysler Town and Country van, signs of disturbance, or any other suspicious activity between the hours of 8:00 a.m. on Friday, Mar. 31 through 4:00 p.m. on Saturday, Apr. 1."

Also from your link:

"Madeline Jane Kingsbury, 26, has not been seen since the early morning of March 31st.

She has not had contact with friends or family since."

I’ve been waiting for an MSM mention of the time:

I think LE was hesitant to share a timeframe because it would either indicate they are buying one person’s story or they aren’t (e.g., the difference between her being last seen at 8AM or 10AM).

Statistically, the odds are that this wasn’t a stranger lurking in the bushes.

Last edited:

The Winona Police Department and Fillmore County Sheriff’s Office are requesting assistance from residents and landowners located in the eastern part of Fillmore County.

Fillmore County is the next county over and it's not the same county the Mayo Clinic in Rochester is located. LE must be onto something. jmo

I’ve been waiting for an MSM mention of the time:

I think LEO were hesitant to share a timeframe because it would either indicate they are buying one person’s story or they aren’t (e.g., the difference between her being last seen at 8AM or 10AM).

Statistically, the odds are that this wasn’t a stranger lurking in the bushes.
There is definitely an 8a.m. to 10a.m. window to consider.

The Winona Police Department and Fillmore County Sheriff’s Office are requesting assistance from residents and landowners located in the eastern part of Fillmore County.

Fillmore County is the next county over and it's not the same county the Mayo Clinic in Rochester is located. LE must be onto something. jmo
I thought the same! I just sketched this up in case people aren’t from around here. Star is home, dot is work (unclear whether she was WFH Friday or expected at work) and eastern Fillmore county is the LE-requested search area. 0072115B-0775-4716-8908-36A9D1C21486.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member