MN - Philando Castile, 32, shot by police officer, 6 July 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Texas has no registration? Since when? As for reaching for you license, cops are trained to see what you are doing when they are approaching your car. But if you insists to do it this way, that's your prerogative. I am not going to do anything of the sort.

"New to Texas?
You have 30 days after establishing residency to have your vehicle inspected and registered."

https://www.dmv.org/tx-texas/car-registration.php

What I'm saying is that in TX you do not have a registration "paper" that you show. You pay your vehicle tax every year and put a sticker on your window. But you do not keep some record of your registration. An officer in TX does not ever ask you for "license, registration and proof of insurance." He only asks for "license and proof of insurance."

And I made clear I'm not scrambling around getting paperwork together while they're "approaching the car". I've done it in 5 seconds before they even open their car door.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh it is bad in Dallas - 10 officers shot, 3 dead...
CNN Live

ETA looking for snipers

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3679935/Shooting-Mr-Phil-shocks-Minnesota-school-colleagues.html
Castile's girlfriend Reynolds was also in attendance, giving out a warning: 'I'd like to say to everybody tonight that our police are not here to protect us and they are not here to serve us.

Beg to differ with Ms. Reynolds. In this she is wrong. There are still many good cops out there.

But it's sounding like Castile was well-liked and cared about those school kids and those around him ... and I for one do NOT believe he would have condoned what is happening in Dallas !
:moo:

Texas has no registration? Since when?....
"New to Texas?
You have 30 days after establishing residency to have your vehicle inspected and registered."
https://www.dmv.org/tx-texas/car-registration.php

Is there confusion/disagreement about TX? Per link* in TX vehicle registration 'document' is evidenced by the sticker/decal that TX DMV issues for owner to affix to windshield. In TX, when LEO signals motorist for a traffic stop, driver does not need to reach, as reg. sticker is on windshield visible to LEO.

Contrast with some other states, where a vehicle registration is a hard copy printed doc, not readily visible like ^.
A motorist reaching into glove box/map pocket/console/purse/briefcase/duffel bag/what-ev, to get reg. doc risks possibility that their movement may be mistaken as another action - like reaching for firearm or other weapon. Very important that driver make no unannounced, unagreed-upon movements.

If, if, if this MN driver told LEO 'I'm carrying a gun," at the same time he was reaching behind him/for back pocket, without giving LEO time to digest, I can see how this tragedy could happen.

{{{ ETA: Once again, the word's slowest typist lagging behind, sees this already covered^. Fast work, thx Cannonball3804}}}

{{{ETA: RIP, Mr Castile; thoughts & prayers for your family, friends, & community.}}}
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
* At link: "Additionally, you will now only be issued one sticker (to be placed on your windshield) that will serve as both your inspection andregistrationstickers."

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3679935/Shooting-Mr-Phil-shocks-Minnesota-school-colleagues.html
Castile's girlfriend Reynolds was also in attendance, giving out a warning: 'I'd like to say to everybody tonight that our police are not here to protect us and they are not here to serve us.

Beg to differ with Ms. Reynolds. In this she is wrong. There are still many good cops out there.

But it's sounding like Castile was well-liked and cared about those school kids and those around him ... and I for one do NOT believe he would have condoned what is happening in Dallas !

While I totally agree there are many good cops out there, in fact most are good cops, but what comes through in the video is Ms. Reynold's politeness, respect, and full cooperation with LE. She has every right to feel unprotected in the face of this tragedy. And every reason to doubt. Just imo.

Is there confusion/disagreement about TX? Per link* in TX vehicle registration 'document' is evidenced by the sticker/decal that TX DMV issues for owner to affix to windshield. In TX, when LEO signals motorist for a traffic stop, driver does not need to reach, as reg. sticker is on windshield visible to LEO.

Contrast with some other states, where a vehicle registration is a hard copy printed doc, not readily visible like ^.
A motorist reaching into glove box/map pocket/console/purse/briefcase/duffel bag/what-ev, to get reg. doc risks possibility that their movement may be mistaken as another action - like reaching for firearm or other weapon. Very important that driver make no unannounced, unagreed-upon movements.

If, if, if this MN driver told LEO 'I'm carrying a gun," at the same time he was reaching behind him/for back pocket, without giving LEO time to digest, I can see how this tragedy could happen.

{{{ ETA: Once again, the word's slowest typist lagging behind, sees this already covered^. Fast work, thx Cannonball3804}}}

{{{ETA: RIP, Mr Castile; thoughts & prayers for your family, friends, & community.}}}
* At link: "Additionally, you will now only be issued one sticker (to be placed on your windshield) that will serve as both your inspection andregistrationstickers."

Not that it has any relevance to what we are discussing, but this poster originally claimed that there is no registration in TX, which is obviously not accurate.

While I totally agree there are many good cops out there, in fact most are good cops, but what comes through in the video is Ms. Reynold's politeness, respect, and full cooperation with LE. She has every right to feel unprotected in the face of this tragedy. And every reason to doubt. Just imo.

RSBM

Not going to disagree with you. And so far I've been incredibly lucky in ALL of my dealings with le.
Most have been traffic citations , about 4 in my lifetime. Never once did I feel afraid or in danger-- just depressed that I was driving foolishly fast and got caught.
The last two time I was stopped have been 12 years and 14 years ago, and both times I was let off with a warning.

Maybe if I'd gone through what PC's girlfriend went through I'd be reeling in pain and shock and god knows what might come out of my mouth.
So I will try to be more understanding of her loss.

RSBM

Not going to disagree with you. And so far I've been incredibly lucky in ALL of my dealings with le.
Most have been traffic citations , about 4 in my lifetime. Never once did I feel afraid or in danger-- just depressed that I was driving foolishly fast and got caught.

The last two time I was stopped have been 12 years and 14 years ago, and both times I was let off with a warning.

Maybe if I'd gone through what PC's girlfriend went through I'd be reeling in pain and shock and god knows what might come out of my mouth.
So I will try to be more understanding of her loss.

BBM: Me too! Experiences with LE were all good - in fact have experienced great comfort, reassurance, and guidance when my hometown was reeling from an unsolved murder close to home.

Can't help but wonder - how will this woman ever feel safe with LE? -Very sad and tragic...

In Canada? Hm

FYI, we live 2 hrs from the US border and go there on a monthly basis. I lived in Florida in the 80s and have family in NC.
I've traveled to the states on my own with my kids.

In MN you have to show your driver's license and proof of insurance. Maybe vehicle registration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erinfowler