MN - Philando Castile, 32, shot by police officer, 6 July 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Statement from Saint Paul Public Schools about Philando Castile

Colleagues describe him as a team player who maintained great relationships with staff and students alike. He had a cheerful disposition and his colleagues enjoyed working with him. He was quick to greet former coworkers with a smile and hug.

One coworker said, “Kids loved him. He was smart, over-qualified. He was quiet, respectful, and kind. I knew him as warm and funny; he called me his 'wing man.' He wore a shirt and tie to his supervisor interview and said his goal was to one day 'sit on the other side of this table.’”

With regard to how many people have been killed by police this year in the US, can someone decipher this chart?
http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...un/01/the-counted-police-killings-us-database

Is this chart showing that more white people have been killed by police than black people this year? That would certainly go against everything we hear on the news.

Maybe it's a fake chart.

I couldn't see the chart, however, it's always best to look at as a ratio to population, and to be honest I don't trust these numbers at all as only a very small percentage of police forces report these numbers. Mainly, only the larger ones report and are typically policing an area with a skewed population demographic.

I am now an old white woman. I have the privilege of being able to see some white police in MN FB. The racist comments are sickening. Perhaps if people have friends who have LE friends or relatives and you can see the FB, you may be surprised.

Statements from Governor Dayton and Lt. Governor Smith on the Death of Philando Castile

ST. PAUL, MN – Governor Mark Dayton and Lt. Governor Tina Smith released the following statements today regarding the death of Philando Castile.

The following is a statement from Governor Mark Dayton:
“I extend my deepest condolences to the family, friends, and community of Philando Castile. Our state today grieves with them.

“This morning, I spoke by phone with White House Chief of Staff Denis McDonough to request that the U.S. Department of Justice begin an immediate independent federal investigation into this matter.

“Overnight, the Bureau of Criminal Apprehension began an independent investigation at the state level. They are currently collecting all necessary evidence, and interviewing witnesses, to determine what happened, and to assure that justice in this case is served. I will do everything in my power to help protect the integrity of that investigation, to ensure a proper and just outcome for all involved.”

Yes. But no alcohol, the worst drug of all.

According to Facebook postings, Philando Castile worked at Target, went to the University of Minnesota, and graduated from Central High School in St. Paul, Minnesota. On Facebook, his comments included, “Hard work pays off !!!!!!!” and “It’s hard trying to find sumthing real in this artificial world !!!!” But his life wasn’t all serious. One post showed a liquor bottle and said, “Party all the time !!!!!”

http://heavy.com/news/2016/07/phila...ube-police-shooting-man-shot-lavish-reynolds/

According to Facebook postings, Philando Castile worked at Target, went to the University of Minnesota, and graduated from Central High School in St. Paul, Minnesota. On Facebook, his comments included, “Hard work pays off !!!!!!!” and “It’s hard trying to find sumthing real in this artificial world !!!!” But his life wasn’t all serious. One post showed a liquor bottle and said, “Party all the time !!!!!”

Yup. But he did not have that in his car. Many people use alcohol, the worst drug of all.I usr no drugs and believe in no drugs, but to point a finger at MJ when people use the legal worst drug of all is rather strange to me

I've been following this on twitter. I'm not American, but I have to say. When is something going to be done? When is real change going to happen? Philando is the 18th person killed by police this month. Its only the 7th. Are American police allowed to kill with impunity? Time and time again they are found not guilty/not even taken to court for killing. If they get away with it, these shootings will continue. This is why the perception of Americans is that they are crazy. No value for life.

With regard to how many people have been killed by police this year in the US, can someone decipher this chart?
http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...un/01/the-counted-police-killings-us-database

Is this chart showing that more white people have been killed by police than black people this year? That would certainly go against everything we hear on the news.

Maybe it's a fake chart.

http://killedbypolice.net/

I've been following this on twitter. I'm not American, but I have to say. When is something going to be done? When is real change going to happen? Philando is the 18th person killed by police this month. Its only the 7th. Are American police allowed to kill with impunity? Time and time again they are found not guilty/not even taken to court for killing. If they get away with it, these shootings will continue. This is why the perception of Americans is that they are crazy. No value for life.

JMO but nothing is going to change. Too many Americans are just fine with police officers murdering citizens. They always find a way to justify it and frankly, imo, this is the America they want. The people crying out for change, and the victims and their loved ones, don't have enough power to change anything. If all lives mattered maybe, just MAYBE something could be done. But they don't so this is how it is.

Are American police allowed to kill with impunity? I wouldn't go that far, but the truth is we see them kill people and get away with it regularly.

It makes me sick, sad, angry.

Yup. But he did not have that in his car. Many people use alcohol, the worst drug of all.I usr no drugs and believe in no drugs, but to point a finger at MJ when people use the legal worst drug of all is rather strange to me

To put it in context -

Maybe. The girlfriend did admit there were drugs in the car.

Yes. But no alcohol, the worst drug of all.

http://heavy.com/news/2016/07/phila...ube-police-shooting-man-shot-lavish-reynolds/

I'm not finger pointing. I'm just refuting your comment that 'he's the kind of school employee we need'. This is all jmo.

So it sounds like-police stop the car, ask the driver for his license and registration (as usually done). Driver tells them he is a concealed weapon holder then proceeds to reach for his license. Policeman then shots him (presumably afraid he is reaching for his gun). So how was he supposed to stay alive during this traffic stop (for something routine)? He was following instructions to get his license.

They do this all the time. There is nothing the victim can do about it. If they do what the cop tells them, they get shot, if they don’t do it, they get shot. It’s an execution, plain and simple.

[video=youtube;qrCVJjNLba0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrCVJjNLba0[/video]

To put it in context -

I'm not finger pointing. I'm just refuting your comment that 'he's the kind of school employee we need'. This is all jmo.

So anyone who drinks should not be a school employee? Ok I can go along with that as I do not. I wonder how many would go along with that idea

Maybe it's a fake chart.

Total numbers are one thing.

Proportional is another.

It’s hard to get real data on this. The statistics Mr. Moskos uses are deeply flawed. He drew his conclusions from a website called killedbypolice.net, which tracks news reports of fatal shootings by police. Some 25 percent of the entries have no race listed.

In any case, the numbers are misleading. “Based on that data, Mr. Moskos reported that roughly 49 percent of those killed by officers from May 2013 to April 2015 were white, while 30 percent were black,” the Washington Times article said. “He also found that 19 percent were Hispanic.”

That may be true, but whites make up 63 percent of the population of this country. Blacks are just 12 percent.

When Mr. Moskos adjusted his data to account for that, he found that black men were 3.5 times more likely to be killed by cops than white men. That’s inconvenient.
http://mobile.nytimes.com/blogs/tak...l-story-of-race-and-police-killings/?referer=

The never ending African-American Holocaust, and the police will never stop. They are doing exactly what they want to do, kill black people. :mad:

I'm not sure that's an accurate statement. If it were, you would expect those links that were posted above to show an inordinate number of African American people vs. non-African American people being killed by police. But it doesn't appear that way to me. However, there are over 600, and I haven't counted them all. But in January, there were 92 total deaths...19 are listed as "Black", 55 were "White".

Regardless of race, these incidents seem to be occurring more and more often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StacyStacyStacy