MO - 2 police officers shot in Ferguson (not from Ferguson Police Department)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
M Brown, 3 credit hours.

Emory University will offer an interdisciplinary course this fall examining race, politics and power in the United States in the context of the August 2014 police shooting death of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Mo.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local-education/emory-to-offer-course-exploring-ferguson-movement/nkThp/

I'm starting to feel like a bobble head, shaking my head over and over, the craziness never ends.

Especially if it was at a distance of 125 yards.....with a pistol???? This is horrible. I hope ATF can find them. JMO

Witnesses amongst the protester groups(clergy members) said they thought the shots came from behind them, either up on the roof or onthe hill and they though it was two separate shooters.

Don Lemon spins it for the protesters as much as possible.

I disagree. He got pretty confrontational with some witnesses when they said they didn't think the shooters meant to kill the officers.
He is providing fairly balanced reporting. He understands most protesters are peaceful and have been since August.

So investigators are saying it was a pistol shot from 125yds. Definitely a trained marksmen and not a "street ", JMO

ETA - of course it is possible a so called "street " could be a trained marksmen. But it tells me this was a planned attack.

So investigators are saying it was a pistol shot from 125yds. Definitely a trained marksmen and not a "street ", JMO

I'm not sure where the casings were found. I think Belmar was saying "pistol" because the casings indicated that......stay tuned.... JMO

I feel this is a grassy knoll situation!

That's exactly what I thought last night.

What bothers me greatly is when a protester moves Heather down the street and she doesn't argue about it. Then after shots the guy is standing behind Heather BBQing. It's just bizarre to me that some did not have what I'd consider a normal reaction to close gunfire. I'd take cover and not act as if all is well within first 5 minutes or so unless I knew shooter was gone or only shooting LE.

I'm not sure where the casings were found. I think Belmar was saying "pistol" because the casings indicated that......stay tuned.... JMO

If it was planned, as it likely was, there could be a decoy involved.

I feel this is a grassy knoll situation!

Oh boy, yup! And in more ways than one!

I think the majority of these protesters have no idea what's really going on here. JMO

ETA - of course it is possible a so called "street " could be a trained marksmen. But it tells me this was a planned attack.

I have serious doubts that it was a pistol shot from 125 yards. That would be amazing shooting with a handgun -- not impossible, but really amazing. To give it some perspective, Olympics pistol events are 50 meters & 25 meters -- and that's with the competitors using target pistols custom designed for long-range accuracy.

OTOH, if it really was a pistol at 125 yards, that would explain why the cops are going home so soon. There would be very little force remaining in the bullets at that distance.

There's video of the incident with audio - just sayin'

I have serious doubts that it was a pistol shot from 125 yards. That would be amazing shooting with a handgun -- not impossible, but really amazing. To give it some perspective, Olympics pistol events are 50 meters & 25 meters -- and that's with the competitors using target pistols custom designed for long-range accuracy.

OTOH, if it really was a pistol at 125 yards, that would explain why the cops are going home so soon. There would be very little force remaining in the bullets at that distance.

Seems unlikely doesn't it? Of course I don't know much about guns ;)

ETA - just listened to the shots again.... Two shots sound different from one another... Like one was a "silencer" or something. In other words one was like a "hiss" and the other was more like a "bang"

At this point, it looks to me like someone with an agenda to keep the pot boiling in Ferguson, and make everyone more paranoid, so that people will think it was the protesters, and the cops will think so, too. Whoever it is has very bad intentions for any improvement in relations in Ferguson. JMO

Don Lemon spins it for the protesters as much as possible.

There is a right way, and a wrong way of reporting. A few years ago, I enjoyed watching Mr. Don but then........he became very one-sided. I cannot stand to hear reports that don't give all sides of a report.

I turned him off and have never watched him again. If he is on a panel of speakers in a report, ya know, talking heads, I turn him off. I don't see any answers, just more of the same rhetoric.

I just asked my son about it as he carries an automatic handgun every day for work and has to qualify every 3 months to keep his job. He said he cannot shoot from 125 yards very successfully at all. He shoots from 50 yds max. He said a trained sniper would be able to purposely shoot like that but not a random shooter-unless it was a lucky shot. He also said a handgun makes no sense from that distance. He works for Homeland security and he said his guess is that either the casings were a deflection /decoy OR it was an inexperienced shooter who got lucky OR it was an instigator who wasn't trying for lethal results, just chaos.

I disagree. He got pretty confrontational with some witnesses when they said they didn't think the shooters meant to kill the officers.
He is providing fairly balanced reporting. He understands most protesters are peaceful and have been since August.

I'm glad to read that he did take a stand. No offense, he really started to get on my nerve. I know there is a lot of horrific policing done in this country, I have read to many reports to count.
I try to weigh all the evidence to make up my own mind.

At this point, it looks to me like someone with an agenda to keep the pot boiling in Ferguson, and make everyone more paranoid, so that people will think it was the protesters, and the cops will think so, too. Whoever it is has very bad intentions for any improvement in relations in Ferguson. JMO

Then again, it could be an extremely volatile cop hater who does not want the protests to evaporate and wanted to do some damage, as in revenge. Some of the tweets in cray-cray land lend credence to that theory.

Oh boy, yup! And in more ways than one!

I think the majority of these protesters have no idea what's really going on here. JMO

Could it be a case of " mob mentality"...???

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back