GUILTY MO - Adriaunna Horton, 12, abducted & murdered, Golden City, 19 Aug 2013 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
IMO, this was not a sexually motivated crime, as strange as that may seem to those who follow crimes of this nature.

This was a revenge killing.

There may have been a sexual assault, as well...

but I, too, am beginning to think it is a revenge killing...

JMO

For starters--any sexual crime against children is LWOP. That would at least get rid of repeat offenders.

I'd vote for the death penalty, but appeals would have to be carried out promptly, so excess $ is not spent on these animals!

Oh go back a few pages and read this guy has been in trouble before. there is history with this childs family and Bobby Bourne's

Its very sad

I apologize for my confusion..

Was there a history of trouble with BB and Adriaunna's family per court records?

TIA...:seeya:

Thanks...trying to remember where I read this....there was a no contact order relating to a stepdaughter. That was lifted but a no contact order was continued relating to a sister in law....off to search. Hope I didn't dream all of this!

The Domestic battery charge was part of a plea, it doesn't give the original charges but the bond was $25k. Good to know that the Missouri Children's division investigated and determined that he WASN'T a risk 5 months before he killed a 12 year old girl.

Per his casenet docket entry...
03/05/2013 Hearing Held
DEFENDANT APPEARS WITH ATTORNEY , TRYING TO RESOLVE CEDAR COUNTY PROBATION VIOLATION AS WELL. RE-SET TO MAY 7, 2013 AT 1:30 P.M. COURT HEARS ARGUMENT RE: BOND CONDITIONS - COURT LIFTS RESTRICTION ON CONTACT WITH STEP-DAUGHTER AS CHILDRENS DIVISION HAS INVESTIGATED HOME AND FOUND REUNIFICATION TO BE SAFE. NO CONTACT ORDER REMAINS IN EFFECT AS TO ADULT SISTER-IN-LAW. IF PROPOSED PLEA BARGAIN UNRAVELS, NO CONTACT WILL BE RE-INSTATED. JRB

What is So wrong with Americans that kidnapping, rape, torture and death of a child is so prevalent in our current society?
Not just men! But even women, or worse-couples?
Is it *advertiser censored*? Is it lack of family? Is it the water???
America is a first world country.
Why doesn't Holland or Switzerland, or, Germany or tons of other first world countries have this much violence against children?
There must be an answer. Why do YOU think that America breeds such violence?

This just absolutely breaks my heart....such a loving grandpa. And so proud of his precious granddaughter. Just damn..

And convicted on.
My guess as to how many more felonies he committed but got away with? At least Double. At least.

Four previous FELONY CONVICTIONS??? WTH??? What is it - FIVE strikes and you're out???

What is So wrong with Americans that kidnapping, rape, torture and death of a child is so prevalent in our current society?
Why doesn't Holland or Switzerland, or, Germany or tons of other first world countries have this much violence against children?

I can't think of any reason that isn't political, and I've given up on all political discussions.

This just absolutely breaks my heart....such a loving grandpa. And so proud of his precious granddaughter. Just damn..

Please provide some statistics showing that there is a major gap in such crimes per capita in the U.S. versus other nations, in relation to population. Violent crimes (including crimes against children) have been declining in the U.S. I don't doubt you can find some countries with lower rates but I'm not sure I believe the difference is as huge as you're making it out to be. America has a high population and obsessive news coverage. Look into, for example, the child *advertiser censored* issues in Belgium sometime.

Spending time on websleuths also gives one a skewed perspective of the actual statistical frequency of these crimes.

Four previous FELONY CONVICTIONS??? WTH??? What is it - FIVE strikes and you're out???

I think it's because the cases involved family members. A lot of times they change their minds and don't want to testify or they request leniency for their abuser/family member. Men who molest their own children also get off a lot easier. My half brother (makes me sick to acknowledge we're related) plead guilty to molesting 3 of his children and never spent a day in jail. He was given probation and court ordered therapy. I think it was because his ex still needed his financial assistance to support their children.
It really bugged me when my niece told me that he was at my sisters and he fell in the mud. He just happened to have an entire change of clothes down to shoes and socks. He doesn't work out, so my mind's in overdrive wondering why he'd have this in his car.

"He worked for me for a little while," says James Horton. "We did construction and things like that. He was a neighbor. He used to live behind us for a little while. He moved away, went to jail, after a while he came back and pulled this stunt here."

In October 2012 Bourne was charged with assault, domestic assault and endangering welfare of child. In May of 2013 he was convicted on two counts domestic assault.

Bourne also has convictions for domestic assaults, unlawful use of a weapon, DWI and was on probation for domestic violence.

A Facebook page with Bobby Bourne's name shows he is married, and has children. He lists a local nursing home as his employer, although workers there say the man has never worked at the facility."

sbm

"The man charged with kidnapping Horton has a history of violence. Court documents show Bobby Bourne Jr., 34, was convicted in May on two counts of domestic violence for an incident that occurred in October 2012.

According to the documents Bourne was charged with endangering the welfare of a child but not convicted of that charge. He was put on probation for domestic assault, and already had four previous felony convictions.

"Earlier today Adriaunna's father told us he thinks things would have gone differently if he'd known Bourne's history.
"

All from KOAM's ongoing report today.
http://www.koamtv.com/story/23179597/authorities-search-for-missing-girl-in-golden-city-mo

Seems like we need a registry for violent offenders, similar to the sex offender registry. The public has a right to know.

I read the Lamar Fair is happening right now in the Lamar Square. Doncha know folks are having their say. Whatever judge gave this scum a slap on the wrist will have some explaining to do.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lamar-Free-Fair-Lamar-MO/102692623123868

He also was arrested in Oklahoma 1997. Burglary of auto.

I am the person in charge of running background checks for a facility in Missouri. It's all done through the Department of Mental Health or Department of Social Services. There is no way he was employed by a facility of this type with felony convictions like he has.

His FB page did have his sig. other listed, but now it just says married. Her page is no longer up.

So....was the domestic violence against his current wife? And, he's unemployed. There is/was a pic of him in graduation cap and gown. What was that for? It was fairly recent

I am the person in charge of running background checks for a facility in Missouri. It's all done through the Department of Mental Health or Department of Social Services. There is no way he was employed by a facility of this type with felony convictions like he has.

His FB page did have his sig. other listed, but now it just says married. Her page is no longer up.

The domestic assault charges were misdemeanors plus he was convicted after he started working, the tampering w/ a motor vehicle was a felony but he received a suspended imposition of sentence that he successfully completed, so it wouldn't show on his record. Restraining orders aren't convictions so he likely would have passed a background check right ? I might be missing some charges.

The Domestic battery charge was part of a plea, it doesn't give the original charges but the bond was $25k. Good to know that the Missouri Children's division investigated and determined that he WASN'T a risk 5 months before he killed a 12 year old girl.

Per his casenet docket entry...
03/05/2013 Hearing Held
DEFENDANT APPEARS WITH ATTORNEY , TRYING TO RESOLVE CEDAR COUNTY PROBATION VIOLATION AS WELL. RE-SET TO MAY 7, 2013 AT 1:30 P.M. COURT HEARS ARGUMENT RE: BOND CONDITIONS - COURT LIFTS RESTRICTION ON CONTACT WITH STEP-DAUGHTER AS CHILDRENS DIVISION HAS INVESTIGATED HOME AND FOUND REUNIFICATION TO BE SAFE. NO CONTACT ORDER REMAINS IN EFFECT AS TO ADULT SISTER-IN-LAW. IF PROPOSED PLEA BARGAIN UNRAVELS, NO CONTACT WILL BE RE-INSTATED. JRB

I know that MO FSD doesn't do enough... Example - Woman I used to know would NEVER buckle her babies in the car. She'd put the kid in the car seat and then just toss it in the back seat of the car. Got pulled over and got a ticket for not properly restraining her kid. That's it.

Fast forward, her 3 - 4 year old still barely speaks, he just mutters and grunts, has a two inch long crack in his heel, drops him off at my sister's house where he's dirty, has nasty clothes on, and no socks or shoes. My sister bathes him puts clean clothes on him, no shoes though because she didn't have any that fit, and takes him to church. FSD visited her multiple times... She always knew they were coming. Never had her kids taken away.

Frustrating!!!!

I have big issues with MO FSD. At least in SW MO. Not sure about the rest of MO.

The domestic assault charges were misdemeanors plus he was convicted after he started working, the tampering w/ a motor vehicle was a felony but he received a suspended imposition of sentence that he successfully completed, so it wouldn't show on his record. Restraining orders aren't convictions so he likely would have passed a background check right ? I might be missing some charges.

Our background screenings generally come back with "No findings". The state runs it through MSHP among other agencies. You can't have anything that has anything to do with children or abuse or any felonies. I'm guessing he did not work at that facility. In the state of Missouri, if the facility is funded with any medicaid dollars and you employ someone who's background screening comes back with any "findings", the state can recoup the money they have given you during that person's time of employment. It's very frustrating in that it usually takes upwards of 60 days to get a person registered and then the screening results. You can NOT employ that person until that is done. It is possible that he was "hired" pending the results.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cecillim7488
Back