MO MO - Amanda Jones, 26, pregnant, Hillsboro, 14 Aug 2005

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Bobbisangel said:
What a big heart this man has to step forward and help people that he hasn't ever even heard of before. This is what movie stars, etc, could do instead of
using their names and money for causes that aren't even important in the big
big picture.

Bless him. I saw him on TV today and I was so impressed. He has a really big heart and luckily, the wallet to match.

SewingDeb said:
Bless him. I saw him on TV today and I was so impressed. He has a really big heart and luckily, the wallet to match.

And whether or not his wallet matches he is upfront and personal. More than the Hollywood types. This is just someone who cares about people not about their ratings.

PrayersForMaura said:
Philadelphia Man: Why I Posted $100,000 To Help Find Amanda Jones

Joe Mammana has never met Jones' family. In fact, he doesn't even live in Missouri. But he's no stranger to helping families of those missing and victims of crime.

Mammana is also posting a reward for Julie Popovich who is also listed in our forum. http://www.wcpo.com/news/2005/local/08/24/missing_bounty.html
He has usually started out as an anonymous donor, and would only become known after he sends the money. I wish there was some way we could send him some notice of our appreciation of his efforts. What do you all think?
After all everyone likes to know they are appreciated.

mysteriew said:
I wish there was some way we could send him some notice of our appreciation of his efforts. What do you all think?
After all everyone likes to know they are appreciated.
I think that's a wonderful idea. Let me know what you all think is appropriate, and you can count me in.

JerseyGirl said:
I think that's a wonderful idea. Let me know what you all think is appropriate, and you can count me in.

I think that is a great idea too. He knows how much the families that he helps appreciate him but it would be nice to let him know that others are paying attention and appreciate what he is doing. He will get his rewards in heaven for sure.

Bobbisangel said:
I think that is a great idea too. He knows how much the families that he helps appreciate him but it would be nice to let him know that others are paying attention and appreciate what he is doing. He will get his rewards in heaven for sure.
I third that......great Idea!

Just because someone is loaded doesn't mean they are good people who want to help such a noble cause like Mr. Mammana.

Unfortunately so many who could never in their lifetime ever spend their fortunes don't help ANYONE BUT THEMSELVES.

When Amanda Jones, the missing pregnant woman from Pevely, first told Bryan Lee Westfall that she was expecting, he denied that the child was his, according to his attorney, Kevin Roberts.

That was in January, Roberts says, and Westfall didn't hear from Jones again until earlier this month, when Jones contacted him to talk about the birth of the child she expected to deliver this week.
http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/ne...EF55FF8088B11345862570690017E177?OpenDocument

Timeline Shows Gap In Disappearance Of Amanda Jones

Authorities in Jefferson County are reconstructing a timeline for when Amanda Jones was last seen.

Jones is the 26 year old pregnant woman who vanished Sunday, August 14th. Her family says she was meeting with the man she said was the father of her unborn baby, and that the two were to discuss the child's last name and the father's responsibility.

The timeline authorities are looking at includes a three hour time gap reported by Amanda's father, Hubert Propst.

Here's the timeline:
http://www.ksdk.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=83858

Tom'sGirl, and Jersey Girl you both have pm's. Bobbisangel, I tried to pm you, but you are full, lol.

I live in the area in question, maybe 12-15 minutes from the Civic center, and all of 3 minutes from Walgreens in Festus. I happen to have had Westfall for a computer class in 2001. He never struck me as odd, irritable, or anything negative. As a matter of fact he was friendly, and seemed intelligent. I guess you never know about a person.

As to the question of farms- there are many in the area. And yes, pigs eat anything including bones. You can walk through a pigpen unscathed, but if you fell into one for any reason, you wouldn't walk out. They are strong, tough animal with an endless appetite.

In regards to the reward donor- I like the guy. He strikes me as a straight shooter, who doesn't like the idea of coddling criminals. We need more folks like him.

I hope they find this lady....

keljayem said:
I live in the area in question, maybe 12-15 minutes from the Civic center, and all of 3 minutes from Walgreens in Festus. I happen to have had Westfall for a computer class in 2001. He never struck me as odd, irritable, or anything negative. As a matter of fact he was friendly, and seemed intelligent. I guess you never know about a person.

As to the question of farms- there are many in the area. And yes, pigs eat anything including bones. You can walk through a pigpen unscathed, but if you fell into one for any reason, you wouldn't walk out. They are strong, tough animal with an endless appetite.

In regards to the reward donor- I like the guy. He strikes me as a straight shooter, who doesn't like the idea of coddling criminals. We need more folks like him.

I hope they find this lady....

Welcome to Websleuths! Thank you for posting about Brian Westfall. Any insights we can get are helpful. Did you know Westfall outside of the class?
I take it you are following the case. Did you know Amanda? Are there any thoughts or opinions you would like to share with us?

Thanks for the welcome:)

I did not know him outside of class. Like I said, he seemed very personable. He ran a fun class, we all interacted alot, but he made sure we understood the material. We always joked with him that he looked like Ross from "Friends". I knew that several women in the class thought he was attractive, but he was always professional.

His families farm is located near my inlaws farm, in fact my father in law knows Bryans father. He doesn't know him well, but he told me that he works for Grandview schools, which are loacted off Y highway.

I have been following the case, but the outlook grows more grim every day. I just hope whoever did this is brought to justice.

Missing woman's mother tells story, maintains hope

Bertha Propst sits at her kitchen table, patiently answering questions from a reporter about her missing daughter Amanda Jones, who was nine months pregnant when she disappeared two weeks ago.

In a tidy yellow house on Highway TT in Festus, she fights back tears and tells her story.

She has told her story to police, to relatives and friends and a seemingly endless parade of local and national media.

She talks about her daughter and hopes for the best.

Propst uses words like "joyful, compassionate" and "tenderhearted" and says she believes Amanda is still out there, somewhere, possibly being held against her will.

"She's going to come home," Propst said. "They're going to find her. I believe that."

People that Propst hasn't heard from in 10 years, old classmates from Amanda's 1996 class at Herculaneum High School, call on the telephone to express their concern and ask what the family needs.

"Prayers," she says. "That's all we need right now."

She was giddy about the prospect of having another baby, said Sonya Smith, a neighbor in the Kenmon Valley mobile home park where Jones, a loan administrator at Eagle Bank, lived with her daughter.

Westfall's attorney, Kevin Roberts, says Jones called Westfall in January to tell him that she was pregnant and that the child was his. Westfall didn't believe her, the lawyer said.

Roberts says Jones and Westfall had no further contact until about Aug. 9, when she called to tell him she was due to deliver. Roberts said the two of them had agreed to meet Aug. 14 at the Civic Center.

Propst said her daughter had told her she wanted to talk to Westfall to find out whether he wanted to be part of his son's life. She wanted to know whether she should give the boy Westfall's last name or her own, Propst said.

Friends and relatives say Jones was particularly excited the morning before she disappeared. Her mother described her as "very excited, very bubbly." Propst and her daughter joined their family that Sunday morning, as they did every week, for a service at Calvary Assembly of God in Festus.

Shortly after noon, the service had ended. Propst and Jones walked out of the church and parted in the parking lot.

That was the last time Propst saw her daughter.

"We were standing at the car, and she told her little girl to go with Grandma, she'd be back in a couple of hours, and she hugged and kissed me and said, 'Mom, I'll see you in a couple hours.'"

Propst and her husband, Hubert Probst, started to worry when they didn't hear from their daughter. That evening Hubert Propst called Westfall to see if he knew where she was. Around 9 p.m., they called police.

Now, two weeks later, sitting at her kitchen table, Bertha Propst says her granddaughter is asking where her mom is. Bertha Propst doesn't know but says she talks to her daughter's photo.

"I tell her just to hang in there, that we're going to find her and bring her home."

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/stlouiscitycounty/story/60054A894DF59DBC8625706A00324A81?OpenDocument

That's odd. According to the article P for M posted above, Westfall's attorney says it was Amanda who initiated the contact. Everything I've read before says that Westfall contacted Amanda.

What happened to the couple in the red car who told Westfall to call Amanda?
What happened to the claim that it was his idea to meet at the Civic Center?

mysteriew said:
When Amanda Jones, the missing pregnant woman from Pevely, first told Bryan Lee Westfall that she was expecting, he denied that the child was his, according to his attorney, Kevin Roberts.

That was in January, Roberts says, and Westfall didn't hear from Jones again until earlier this month, when Jones contacted him to talk about the birth of the child she expected to deliver this week.
http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/ne...EF55FF8088B11345862570690017E177?OpenDocument

Timeline Shows Gap In Disappearance Of Amanda Jones

Authorities in Jefferson County are reconstructing a timeline for when Amanda Jones was last seen.

Jones is the 26 year old pregnant woman who vanished Sunday, August 14th. Her family says she was meeting with the man she said was the father of her unborn baby, and that the two were to discuss the child's last name and the father's responsibility.

The timeline authorities are looking at includes a three hour time gap reported by Amanda's father, Hubert Propst.

Here's the timeline:
http://www.ksdk.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=83858

The creep has changed his story again. He now says that Amanda contacted him. I believe that is probably the true story. I think maybe Amanda didn't want her parents to know that she had made the arrangements to meet with the jerk instead of him calling her.

As there hadn't been any contact between them since she told him she was pregnant I doubt if he would have rocked the boat by calling Amanda and asking to meet with her.

I still believe that it all narrows down to his paying child support for a baby that he didn't want and had no intentions of being a father to. You can tell by the remarks that he made in a newspaper article that something was being said that he didn't like. Maybe she told him that she wouldn't go after him for support and he answered..."I'm not a fool or I'm not stupid or I wasn't born yesterday...." Sounded like he didn't believe whatever she was telling him. He could have been denying that the baby was his too.

Whatever happened between them it looks like he decided to take both Amanda's life and the baby's life. He'll be caught and sent to prison...and what the heck did he think he would gain????

Bobbisangel said:
The creep has changed his story again. He now says that Amanda contacted him. I believe that is probably the true story. I think maybe Amanda didn't want her parents to know that she had made the arrangements to meet with the jerk instead of him calling her.

As there hadn't been any contact between them since she told him she was pregnant I doubt if he would have rocked the boat by calling Amanda and asking to meet with her.

I still believe that it all narrows down to his paying child support for a baby that he didn't want and had no intentions of being a father to. You can tell by the remarks that he made in a newspaper article that something was being said that he didn't like. Maybe she told him that she wouldn't go after him for support and he answered..."I'm not a fool or I'm not stupid or I wasn't born yesterday...." Sounded like he didn't believe whatever she was telling him. He could have been denying that the baby was his too.

Whatever happened between them it looks like he decided to take both Amanda's life and the baby's life. He'll be caught and sent to prison...and what the heck did he think he would gain????
Agree with what you're thinking here, but wanted to clarify that he wasn't the one who said in the quote "i am not stupid" and i wasn't born yesterday. Amanda's father is saying that.
Just wanted to clarify.

Did anyone take lie detector tests in this case?

I can't believe there has been no news on Amanda.

FYI -- I was going to do my own search with some friends and was told that no area citizens were "Encouraged to get involved in their own searches".

This tells me that she must be located on private property or something.
I can't figure out why else there would be no organized searches and no encouragement to do this?

2 weeks and nothing as to where Amanda is. Due this week I think.
I remember soemthing with Sharon Rocha that as Laci's due date came and went with no sign of Laci her hope was minimal.
I feel for Amanda and her family.
This sounds like another tragic case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop