MO MO - Amanda Jones, 26, pregnant, Hillsboro, 14 Aug 2005

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hi - I have been following this as I live in the Metro Area and just saw this on KSDK's website -

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]-Authorities in Jefferson County are reconstructing a timeline for when Amanda Jones was last seen.

Jones is the 26 year old pregnant women who vanished Sunday, August 14th. Her family says she was meeting with the man she said was the father of her unborn baby, and that the two were to discuss the child's last name and the father's responsibility.

The timeline authorities are looking at includes a three hour time gap reported by Amanda's father, Hubert Propst.

rest of story -
[/font]

http://ksdk.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=83858

Wow, medusa- great post! Thanks for the update! And Welcome to Websleuths!

I have a great solution for all these guys who have sex with someone and than get upset when they find out they're going to be daddies- keep it zipped up or covered up!!! Hate to be crude. Lacey, Yolanda amd now this missing pregnant girl. Seems like the husband, boyfriend , es-boyfriend or sperm donor is always the number one person of interest!!

http://www.missingabducted.com/wp-content/hillsborocivic_01.jpg
All reports of the case of Amanda Jones have the area above as the last location she was known to be at. Thanks to a source for the address of the Civic Center: 10345 Hwy 21, Hillsboro, MO. We hope this gives readers a better feel for the terrain, and layout of the area.

Thanks to Google Earth for the image.

Just to clarify, not that it truly matters, but in that image it marks the civic center inaccurately. Where it says "21", on the left side of the map, is one of the roads leading into the civic center. I could circle the actual civic center building, which is what they were parked outside. It's on the left at about te level of the circle around the "21". The entire complex on the left is the horseshow grounds, where they hold the county fair, rodeos, etc.

So now you can all see where I live! You can tell why I was surprised that we weren't canvassed earlier.

ambyuk said:
Just to clarify, not that it truly matters, but in that image it marks the civic center inaccurately. Where it says "21", on the left side of the map, is one of the roads leading into the civic center. I could circle the actual civic center building, which is what they were parked outside. It's on the left at about te level of the circle around the "21". The entire complex on the left is the horseshow grounds, where they hold the county fair, rodeos, etc.

So now you can all see where I live! You can tell why I was surprised that we weren't canvassed earlier.
Thanks for the clarification, edited and re-uploaded.

Why in the world would that guy say that he left Amanda at 2:00 and she was on her cell phone and then he came back at 5:00 and she was still on the phone. Not to bright if you ask me. Doesn't he know that cell phone records can be checked?????

That farm that him and his parents own or live on is 300 acres from what I understand. The places to hide or bury a body are endless. Sounds to me like the need to take some search dogs out there and see what happens. I'll bet she is there somewhere. He would know what areas are used and the areas that no one ever goes to where she would be the least likely to be found.

I have been reading these messages for a couple of days now and I would just like to say something. Amanda is a quiet and shy person, who doesn't not date much, nor does she sleep around. This was just one of those things, she was lonely and one thing led to another. She had not been seeing or sleeping with anyone else for almost three months prior to the night she was with Brian. Brian is the father without a doubt.

Man details meeting missing pregnant woman

When Amanda Jones, the missing pregnant woman from Pevely, first told Bryan Lee Westfall that she was expecting, he denied that the child was his, according to his attorney, Kevin Roberts.

That was in January, Roberts says, and Westfall didn't hear from Jones again until earlier this month, when Jones contacted him to talk about the birth of the child she expected to deliver this week.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/stlouiscitycounty/story/EF55FF8088B11345862570690017E177?OpenDocument

I've been hearing that he contacted her out of the blue. regardless, i still think he did something to her and i am still worried about the possibility of pig farms :(

motokidz101 said:
I have been reading these messages for a couple of days now and I would just like to say something. Amanda is a quiet and shy person, who doesn't not date much, nor does she sleep around. This was just one of those things, she was lonely and one thing led to another. She had not been seeing or sleeping with anyone else for almost three months prior to the night she was with Brian. Brian is the father without a doubt.

Thank you for posting that motokidz101. I hope you don't feel that we are judging Amanda. We usually only get a mention of an item in article, but very few hints of what the actual person was like. Thank you for giving us a better picture of Amanda. She is certainly not the first to have a lonely moment, nor will she be the last. And you have given us a lot of insight into her personality. I know from what I have read, it sounded like she was very happy about the new baby. How are you and her other friends holding up? It is very frustrating when there is a missing person. You feel like you should do something, but don't really know where to start. Do you know if there are any searches going on in the area? Or any planned?
Do you also know Brian Westfall? Can you give us any insight into him?
Again, thank you for posting today, and please keep us updated if you can. Feel free to keep posting, we would love to hear from you.

I left a message for my old boss. If she calls me back I will let you know if she has any insight to Bryan Westfall.

I don't really feel like anyone was judging Amanda. It is not anything that anyone of us would assume of anyone who is in this situation. I just felt that I needed to let people know that that is not who she is.
The LE are not asking for volunteers to search. My husband has called almost everyday. However, he has some unofficial searching on his own.
As for Brian, I did not know him. I only know what I have heard from some people who have met him. They all say he and his whole family is weird. And yes, this is all very frustrating. We are all trying to hold out hope, but we also know the reality of the situation. I just hope it ends soon and we can get some closure. The longer we have to wait the more frustrated and angry everyone gets. Thanks for allowing me to get some of these things out. It actually helps a little.

I don't know if this has been posted already. I live in this area, and I HEARD a RUMOR that bulldozer noises were heard by that farm that night. Again, just rumor, but I certainly wouldn't disregard the info.

I have been wondering if he was related to the late Buzz Westfall (long time county executive of St. Louis County who died of a staph infection a year or two ago), but was thinking if he was, someone in the St. Louis media would have said that.

That saying she was on the cell phone struck me too. They can check that. I thought I read somewhere (would have been Post or one of the tv stations) that the officer in charge said the records showed it was used after one oclock Sunday when she spoke to a family member, but they didn't say which one.

If she contacted him earlier in the week, he sure had plenty of time to plan something.

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]KSDK-We now know who is providing the 100-thousand dollar reward in the Amanda Jones case.

Joe Mammana has never met Jones' family. In fact, he doesn't even live in Missouri. But he's no stranger to helping families of those missing and victims of crime.

Earlier this week, Mammana appeared on MSNBC to discuss Amanda Jones and other missing people cases. The 46 year old Philadelphia egg company owner says he's donated millions of his own money in hundreds of cases over the years including Natalie Holloway and Philadelphia mom-to-be Latoya Figuerora, whose boyfriend was recently arrested for her murder.

For rest of story -http://ksdk.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=83899
[/font]

Medusa said:
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]KSDK-We now know who is providing the 100-thousand dollar reward in the Amanda Jones case.

Joe Mammana has never met Jones' family. In fact, he doesn't even live in Missouri. But he's no stranger to helping families of those missing and victims of crime.

Earlier this week, Mammana appeared on MSNBC to discuss Amanda Jones and other missing people cases. The 46 year old Philadelphia egg company owner says he's donated millions of his own money in hundreds of cases over the years including Natalie Holloway and Philadelphia mom-to-be Latoya Figuerora, whose boyfriend was recently arrested for her murder.

[/font]

This reinforces me in every way. He is just the most wonderful of all human beings to reach out and try to assure that these crimes will be solved and he does this without provocation.A true American hero!!!

Medusa said:

[/font]

What a big heart this man has to step forward and help people that he hasn't ever even heard of before. This is what movie stars, etc, could do instead of
using their names and money for causes that aren't even important in the big
big picture.

What a wondeful, generous person. This is what I would do if I had the money.

PrayersForMaura said:
My boyfriend said that pigs will eat a body very, very quickly. :(
He said that's where the saying comes from "greedy as a pig".

I know this sounds very bad, but supposedly LE checked Westfall's property. I know there are farms out there ... are there pig farms?

Oh no. :(

Pigs even eat other pigs fairly readily from what I understand.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back