MO MO - Amanda Jones, 26, pregnant, Hillsboro, 14 Aug 2005

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
concernedperson said:
And whether or not his wallet matches he is upfront and personal. More than the Hollywood types. This is just someone who cares about people not about their ratings.

Exactly. We need more people like this.

Bobbisangel said:
He isn't stupid about what????? That she won't sock him for child support???
This info just came out but what was the rest of the conversation?

That threw me, too. I think the I'm not stupid remark was her father speaking about himself.

Amanda did call him the Tuesday before she disappeared. She left him a voice mail to call her back. Her parents already knew this. When I talked to her on the night before she disappeared, I asked her if she had heard from him. She had not. She didn't expect to either. She told me that once the baby was born, that she was going to have me call him and tell him that he had a son and what she had named him.
Brian did not deny that he was the father when she first told him. He suggested that she "get rid" of the baby and she said that that was not a possibility. She only contacted him to let him know that it was going to be a boy. She believes that every child should have both parents in their lives. She never wanted any type of relationship with him at all. She just hoped that he had changed his mind about the baby. I believe that he said something to her on that morning to suggest that he had changed his mind, otherwise she would not have gone alone and not been exicited about going to meet him. He did call on that morning and initiate the meeting.

motokidz101 said:
Amanda did call him the Tuesday before she disappeared. She left him a voice mail to call her back. Her parents already knew this. When I talked to her on the night before she disappeared, I asked her if she had heard from him. She had not. She didn't expect to either. She told me that once the baby was born, that she was going to have me call him and tell him that he had a son and what she had named him.
Brian did not deny that he was the father when she first told him. He suggested that she "get rid" of the baby and she said that that was not a possibility. She only contacted him to let him know that it was going to be a boy. She believes that every child should have both parents in their lives. She never wanted any type of relationship with him at all. She just hoped that he had changed his mind about the baby. I believe that he said something to her on that morning to suggest that he had changed his mind, otherwise she would not have gone alone and not been exicited about going to meet him. He did call on that morning and initiate the meeting.

How I wish that Amanda had never made that Tuesday phone call. I understand that she wished that creep to be a part of the baby's life but by not contacting her throughout the pregnancy it seems pretty clear that he wanted no part of the baby's life whether it was a boy or girl. It's hard to say what went through his mind after he received the message from Amanda. Evidentally he felt threatened in some way by her contacting him or after they talked and he made a decision. I still believe it boils down to this creep being determined not to pay child support for a baby that he didn't want. So many of these creeps make the decision to get rid of the mother and baby to avoid child support these days. They think that is the answer to their "problem." Then they find out that all it gets them a life in prison or the death penalty. This creep will get caught too. He's no smarter than the rest of them.

I hope that Amanda is found. I can't imagine the pain and frustration her family is feeling. The baby is due and no sign of their daughter or sister. And I think of the little girl growing up without her mom. I'm thankful that she has Amanda's family and her dad. It sounds like Amanda's parents and the ex have a good relationship. I hope they do anyway.

motokidz101 said:
She believes that every child should have both parents in their lives. She never wanted any type of relationship with him at all....

Those two thoughts are mutually exclusive, IMO. It's a tremendous shame that Amanda made some really poor choices and it looks like they have really cost her and her daughter and all the people who love her. It's inexpressably sad.

And when I think that she placed herself and her baby in a really dangerous way, I recall that Laci Peterson was in a long-term marriage to a man she loved (and thought she knew) when she was also killed for the crime of bearing a child.

It's just so tragic. All of it. What a waste.

Just remember ... it is never the victim's fault that they get killed. :(

I just heard from my friend whose family member works for a local news station that Westfall owns an airplane. He could have flown somewhere and dumped her body anywhere. :(

Hence, why there aren't more local searches.
Or ... she is buried somewhere on his farm.

It is quite possible that Amanda may never be found. :(

Oh I hope she is found. The worst thing is when a person remains missing, no-one can ever get closure. :(

PrayersForMaura said:
I just heard from my friend whose family member works for a local news station that Westfall owns an airplane. He could have flown somewhere and dumped her body anywhere. :(
:(

:( No wonder LE wants to know about those missing three hours. :mad:

Bet they already know if he took his plane up that day. :banghead:

Sorry, it's becoming more clear what happened here. :waitasec: ohhhhhhh, IMHO.

JMHO
fran

PS.....there was another case where the guy thought he'd get away with throwing her out the plane....... :snooty: didn't work, got caught ...fran

fran said:
:( No wonder LE wants to know about those missing three hours. :mad:

Bet they already know if he took his plane up that day. :banghead:

Sorry, it's becoming more clear what happened here. :waitasec: ohhhhhhh, IMHO.

JMHO
fran

PS.....there was another case where the guy thought he'd get away with throwing her out the plane....... :snooty: didn't work, got caught ...fran
yeah, I hope they've checked the flight records for that day.
As far as I know -- and I am quite ignorant about aviation -- all flights, whether they be small planes, large planes, whatever, have to be recorded. I believe there needs to be permission to take off?

As far as what I have heard (I am not a pilot, so don't know for sure) but as far as I am aware, before the plane leaves the field they have to file a flight plan. Not sure how stringently that is enforced at a small field. I do know they are having to become stricter about monitoring flights since 9-11.

we have been told the plane did not take off on sunday. fyi. . .ii have been told that if a plane takes off and lands on a private runway they do not have to file a flight plan.

motokidz101 said:
we have been told the plane did not take off on sunday. fyi. . .ii have been told that if a plane takes off and lands on a private runway they do not have to file a flight plan.

Do you know if he keeps his plane at an air field? :confused:

IMO, if he lives on a farm, he could have a private landing runway.

JMHO
fran

I think they need to get the scent dogs on this plane asap.....that will certainly be telling!

My father had several airplanes when I was a teenager. I at this point could not imagine Westfall getting a dead body into one. While Im not saying that he couldnt, the doors on the small planes are some what ackward to get into. Im trying to visualize opening the door and lifting the body up into the plane. He would have to be quite strong, and she quite small. Or he had help. And a very preg. woman would be even more ackward to pickup and get into the plane.

While its true that he could have put her into the luggage area of the plane, he would have to have auto pilot on his small plane, and then he would have to be able to crawl and climb all the way to the back of the plane and push the body out. Not impossible, but small planes are just that, very small. I remember the interior being tight, more space inside a Toyota Carolla, or a Honda Civic then some of the small planes that Ive been on.

In the small planes, say the ones that only hold 2-5 people. I dont remember really being able to open the doors very easily when you are up in the air. I remember a friend decided to go flying one afternoon, decided to throw his cup of soda out the door and the drink immediately flew back and srayed all sitting in the back.

I agree though, get the dogs out.

And one could even check the pig pen....we've had pigs (my kids love raising them). The pigs ate ANYTHING, but the bones they left behind.

I believe the plane is kept on the property and with 750 acres it is possible that he has a private runway

motokidz101 said:
I believe the plane is kept on the property and with 750 acres it is possible that he has a private runway

You had stated in an earlier post that the plane had not been flown. If it is on private property- how do they know it wasn't used?

motokidz101 said:

BINGO! ;)

Txmom: In the case I mentioned earlier in my 'PS,' the guy tried to say there was no way he could have flown the plane and throw out a body at the same time; but the pros was able to show it was possible. That along with the circumstantial evidence was enough to convince a jury. He was found guilty. :bang:

mysteriew, "You had stated in an earlier post that the plane had not been flown. If it is on private property- how do they know it wasn't used? "

Bet LE hasn't eliminated the possibility. :cool:

JMHO
fran

That is what the LE are wsaying. Personally, I don't know how they would know if a plane took off from 750 acres.

I think she is buried on that farm somewhere. He had acres and acres to choose from. How in the world could they take dogs out and cover that much acreage? She may never be found.

I feel so bad for Amanda's family. The LE are wondering about the 3 hours but that creep probably left the Civic Center with Amanda at 1:15 or 1:30 and never went back. It is his word that he left around 2:00 and went back at 5:00. That doesn't even make any sense. Why would he have gone back? He says she was talking on her cell phone when he left and still on it at 5:00?
Doesn't he know they can check cell phone records!! It sounds like she was probably talking on the phone when he arrived..around 1:00...according to her cell records.

We may never know for sure what happened to Amanda or why he did such a thing. Just makes me sick.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop
Back