MO MO - Amanda Jones, 26, pregnant, Hillsboro, 14 Aug 2005

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have seen his name as Bryan and Brian, and Westfall and Westfield. I was going to try to see if there is any new info on the case or anything new on him but didn't know which is the proper spelling / last name. TIA. =)

I believe that it is Bryan Westfall. You can google both spellings but I think that is right.

Thanks for the link. I'll write a note to the family.
Praying Amanda will be found.

Could you please pm me Amanda's parents address. I read somewhere that they have moved and I just have their old address. I have been going to write them for a long time but have just been waiting till I felt the time was right. Thanks ahead of time. Bobbi

I wish something would break in this case too. Why wasn't the FBI on this case? There was a baby involved. I thought that mattered. Would the local LE have to invite them to help find Amanda and the baby?

I just happened upon this thread today. I had never heard of this case before. But, I have read the whole thing and it breaks my heart. It is obvious who the responsible party/parties are. I wish this poor family could find answers.

My thoughts and prayers to them......

I grew up in the same county as Amanda. Not in the same city, but same county. I will say that the Jefferson County Sherriff's Department is imo a joke. I've known quite a few cops from that area and well I could really tell some stories. But my point is, I don't think they are compentant to handle this case.

It's a shame imo.

I'm from Missouri too but not that county so what kind of stories could you tell about them?

Stories that had they been reported several officers would have been out of a job. I'm not here to get anyone in trouble, my point was I don't think the Jefferson County Sheriff's department is capable of handling major crimes. But that is just my opinion.

turbo

is this an area where she could actually get lost, like in the woods, or riding in someones car who went off the road into a canal or river?

did the boyfriend really go to the center?

So glad to see this post on Amanda. I live in Festus(where she worked) and go to school in Hillsboro(where she disappeared).

Oddly enough, since I am from the area, I guess you would think we might have more information. Well, all I can say is most think the father of her baby did something--obviously this is what most of you believe as well. Especially since he won't allow his land to be searched.

I have never been to the Civic Center where she disappeared, but it is near my college so I may go there this week to see the exact area she was last seen. Jefferson county, especially that area of Hillsboro, is surrounded by lots of wooded area. So, I think it could be very possible that no one could have seen him take off with her etc.

Thank you all for keeping Amanda in your thoughts :)

I grew up in the same county as Amanda. Not in the same city, but same county. I will say that the Jefferson County Sherriff's Department is imo a joke. I've known quite a few cops from that area and well I could really tell some stories. But my point is, I don't think they are compentant to handle this case.

It's a shame imo.

It is a shame and I agree 100%. My mom calls them Barney 5's(from the old Andy Griffith show)

I live near there, too, and my thought is -- and biggest fear -- that he fed her to the pigs on the pig farm. Nothing would be left but the teeth, most likely. It's sad :(

I live near there, too, and my thought is -- and biggest fear -- that he fed her to the pigs on the pig farm. Nothing would be left but the teeth, most likely. It's sad :(

If you are near the area I assume you are familar with the term "hoosier"? I'm going to ask around and see if I can track him down. I know I have heard around town his family are considered hoosiers. That would be a tragic and barbaric thing if he did do that.

If you are near the area I assume you are familar with the term "hoosier"? I'm going to ask around and see if I can track him down. I know I have heard around town his family are considered hoosiers. That would be a tragic and barbaric thing if he did do that.

isn't he related to the politician "Buzz Westfall"?
If so, then no wonder he is getting away with it.

isn't he related to the politician "Buzz Westfall"?
If so, then no wonder he is getting away with it.

I have heard that as well. It's such a horrible situation. Just goes to show this type of thing can happen anywhere.

Someone over on CTV that claims to know Bryan Westfall and his girlfriend Stephanie left a message on the forum. She wanted to know if "I know the girlfriend." I answered and told her no that I didn't but wanted to know if she knew her. I asked her to share some information with us if she did know her.

She answered and said that Bryan Westfall is really a nice guy and always took time to talk to his students when he was teaching. She says the girlfriend isn't at all like I think that she is. She is a nice person, etc, etc.

It was pretty interesting. I think it is hard to know someone if the only way you know them is from taking some classes from them. Heck, sometimes we don't even know the people who are closest to us. Look at Scott Peterson. He had everyone fooled. I asked her why the girlfriend needed an attorney if she wasn't with Bryan when he met with Amanda. I have to go over and see if she has answered yet. She doesn't believe that Bryan would have done anything to harm Amanda. I think she is 100% wrong.

I wonder if this guy does have someone in the family who is pulling strings for him. If that is true then that is horrible. You commit a crime you should be prepared to do the time. I hope this creep doesn't get away with this murder.

It was pretty interesting. I think it is hard to know someone if the only way you know them is from taking some classes from them. Heck, sometimes we don't even know the people who are closest to us. Look at Scott Peterson. He had everyone fooled. I asked her why the girlfriend needed an attorney if she wasn't with Bryan when he met with Amanda. I have to go over and see if she has answered yet. She doesn't believe that Bryan would have done anything to harm Amanda. I think she is 100% wrong.

I agree. I recently found out a teacher my friends and I were close to in high school slept with a few students. This really angers me that Amanda's case doesn't get the attention that Laci's did. No case is more important than the other. IMO

I am from Missouri also and this case is one that I would really like to see solved.

If Brian was innocent then he has no reason not to cooperate with the investigation. His refusal speaks volumes.

Mary Lee Grobe, ButlerCounty
Teresa Lynn Butler, Risco

Amanda Jones, JeffersonCounty
Summer Ship, Kansas City

The above could be described with endearing words such as: Mother, Mom, Mommy, Grandma, Grammy, Aunt, Wife, Sister, loving, loved, dedicated, hard-working, responsible, neighborly, intelligent, funny, but unfortunately they are also labeled MISSING. They are just a few of the growing list of Missouri missing adults. They are missing from their families, friends, neighbors, and co-workers. You can do something that may not help these wonderful women but could help other Missouri citizens and begin to reverse the reputation Missouri is acquiring regarding this horrible problem.

One word that Missouri law doesn’t use to describe these women and the people who love them is victim. Their status of “missing” is like being in limbo, no rights, no progress, and no closure. Common sense tells us otherwise; they are victims and Missouri lawmakers and law enforcement need to take serious steps to stay ahead of the criminals.

Missouri citizens deserve an organized, systematic, uniform, professional, and immediate response to the investigation of missing persons. We the strong owe it to the elderly, the sick, the disabled, the women, to protect them (69% of missing adults in Missouri are Woman. (NCMA). If they should be reported missing, we owe them, their families, and their friends the most professional proper investigation possible utilizing all levels of law enforcement.

The most important time for an investigation is the first 72 hours. That’s when witnesses have a clear account of what has occurred. It is vital to have as many people as possible looking for the victim. Mary Lee Grobe’s story did not make the front page of the small community newspaper for one month. Her case remains unsolved.

We desperately need Missouri Senate Bill 67 for endangered adults. Law enforcement agencies in many Missouri areas, especially rural areas, have very little training, experience, and/or resources to successfully handle missing persons cases. Having the procedures outlined will help them take needed steps faster and help solve more cases It will provide the much needed assistance so law enforcement agencies are ready to respond in the most efficient and appropriate way and bring the best resolution to a horrible situation. It can return loved ones to their families and serve to protect precious Missourians who are deserving of our help. If the person has been harmed it can bring much needed closure to one of the most painful situations imaginable. Otherwise the pain continues without letup.

Mary Lee Grobe’s name (as well as the other Missing Missouri Mother’s names) should not be forgotten! It should tug at our hearts to do better; to improve the lives of other innocent Missourians. Missouri must improve missing person’s investigations. Missouri SB 67 is a much needed step in the right direction. We would love for Missouri SB 67 to carry Mary Lee’s name for she deserves this recognition but the most important thing is that we make sure Missouri SB 67 becomes law before the list grows even longer.

Thanks to Senator Rupp for listening and sponsoring Missouri Sebate Bill 67 and thank you House Judiciary and Civil & Criminal Jurisprudence Committee Chair and members.

Respectfully submitted on April 17, 2007 to Missouri House Judiciary Committee.

Chris & Joyce
Daughter and son-in-law of Missing Missourian, Mary Lee Grobe

http://www.senate.mo.gov/07info/BTS_...pe=R&BillID=97

http://www.senate.mo.gov/07info/BTS_...pe=R&BillID=97

Please support Missouri Senate Bill 67

I couldn't agree more. If a person is innocent then why not take a poly and cooperate with LE in everyway possible. No, instead so many of these people grab and attorney and refuse to have anything to do with LE.

This guy swears that the baby wasn't his. He says that Amanda had called him earlier in the week and he returned her call on Sat and they agreed to meet on Sunday after she got out of church. If he really thought that the baby wasn't his why did he agree to meet with Amanda? Why didn't he just tell her to go to hell and leave him alone? As far as I know Amanda wasn't even threatening him with support or DNA testing. Why did he meet with her??? Wouldn't you think that he wouldn't want to get within five miles of her? I wish LE could get him to take a poly.

If he really thought that the baby wasn't his why did he agree to meet with Amanda? Why didn't he just tell her to go to hell and leave him alone?

Exactly.

And if he wanted people to stop suspecting him, then he would voluntarily take a poly....... unless he had somethng to hide.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr_Psycho
Back