MO MO - Amanda Jones, 26, pregnant, Hillsboro, 14 Aug 2005

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Exactly.

And if he wanted people to stop suspecting him, then he would voluntarily take a poly....... unless he had somethng to hide.

Do you think that this case will ever be resolved? I just can't figure out why anyone would want to hurt Amanda and especially a big and pregnant woman who was almost due to give birth? Who else would have a motive but the person who swore that the baby wasn't his and he wasn't going to get stuck paying for a baby that wasn't his and that he wanted nothing to do with. Why not wait and have DNA testing? Prove that it wasn't his?

It just strikes me wrong that he agreed to meet Amanda when she was almost ready to deliver when he refused to believe that the baby was his. If I was a guy and thought someone was trying to get me for a baby that I didn't believe was mine there is no way I would have met with her. I probably wouldn't have been very nice at all. Him saying that she was sitting out there at the Center in her car hours after he had first left doesn't make any sense either. She didn't use her phone at all so what was she doing just sitting there? I don't think she was in that car. I think something had already happened to her and then he came back to the Center probably in the hopes that someone would see him and verify that he was there and so was her car.
Maybe he hoped that if someone saw him they wouldn't notice that Amanda's car was empty.

I think her case can be solved. There's a perfectly real nut said explanation as to why a pregnant woman, ready to deliver, would be killed....sadly the father of the child wanted no responsibility. Exactly like Scott Peterson, Mark Hacking and a hundred others. The men are pissants who want nothing to do with the mother of the child or the child itself.

I think her case can be solved. There's a perfectly real nut said explanation as to why a pregnant woman, ready to deliver, would be killed....sadly the father of the child wanted no responsibility. Exactly like Scott Peterson, Mark Hacking and a hundred others. The men are pissants who want nothing to do with the mother of the child or the child itself.

But will LE ever be able to prove that it was the sperm donar that murdered Amanda and the baby? From what I understand there is no evidence at all or they would have arrested him by now.

Jessie's disappearing got me thinking about Amanda. I visited her myspace page today and it has a clock on it counting how long she has been missing it is up to 675 days so sad. I have always hoped one days she would just show up healthy but suffering some kind of memory loss. Wishful thinking I know but what's the world with out hope?

This case has haunted me since the beginning. It's so obvious who did this, but with NO proof whatsoever, I guess LE feels they don't have a chance at all of convicting him with the circumstantial evidence they have.

It's so sad, two lives gone because one person refused to take responsibility for his actions. An entire family changed for life, not to mention a child left without his mother.

These guys never change. He'll probably do this again or be caught for somehthing else and then they'll link him to Amanda's and the baby's disappearance.

I hope he lives in a He!! of his own making. Dreaming of his terrible deed. Feeling Amanda's and his child's presence, haunting him each and every day.

Where is Amanda and her baby? What has he done with them?

Maybe, just maybe, like the Belcher case I think it is, he'll some day tell someone what he did and he'll finally meet justice here on earth. But, there's no escaping his final judgment. That is out of our hands and he'll meet it before he knows it. That justice will be eternal.

JMHO
fran

I am positive that she and the baby are in those woods surrounding the place she met dipsh*t I can't seem to find how successful cadaver dogs and search and rescue dogs are but seems if they had been used in this case she would have been found. Prayers to Amandas family.

I am positive that she and the baby are in those woods surrounding the place she met dipsh*t I can't seem to find how successful cadaver dogs and search and rescue dogs are but seems if they had been used in this case she would have been found. Prayers to Amandas family.

I wonder too if they ever took dogs out to search that area. I wonder if he had a shovel in his vehicle when he went there knowing full well what he was going to do. I also wonder if there are houses around that place and how heavy the traffic is. From what I understand no one else was around that day. He could have pulled her out of her car and dragged her to a wooded area...depending how isolated the place is.

From what his friend said him and his girlfriend had been fighting and had broken up. He had his one nighter with Amanda during that time. I don't how he could be so sure that the baby wasn't his as they did have sex. I think he says that because of the girlfriend. They went back together right after the one nighter. It doesn't make sense to me for him to meet with Amanda that day. He is the only person that had a motive to murder her and the baby.

I know that if he isn't caught during this lifetime he will answer for this when he meets his Maker face to face. I just want him to answer for it now and I want Amanda's family to be able to give her a burial and to know what happened. My heart just goes out to them and the hell they are still going through.

August 14 will mark the second anniversary of Amanda's disappearance. This is a very sad time for her family.
There is a county fair in Hillsboro at the Civic Center on the weekend of July 21. Her family will be there handing out literature. The Civic Center is the place where Amanda went on August 14 to meet Bryan Westfall and where her car was found.

Does anyone know of a wishing well (or perhaps a business that goes by that name) that is in or near Hillsboro? It is rumored that someone told Amanda's family that this is where her body might be found.

also wonder if there are houses around that place and how heavy the traffic is.

I lived in an apartment across the street when it happened. If you type the address ([SIZE=-1]10345 Highway 21 Hillsboro, MO 63050)[/SIZE] into Google maps you can see the layout. The traffic is pretty heavy. It's one of the more major highways in the county. Probably 2nd or 3rd biggest. There would rarely be more than say 20-30 seconds without a car passing, during normal day hours.

We could see the carpark and grounds from our window... I always wished I had been looking out at just the right time.

If you look back in this thread you can see my complaints about how the local police didn't even come around to the apartments until a week after it happened, the day after the FBI got involved. HELLO! The windows look over the "crime scene" - you should be asking those people first!

Anyway... I think about Amanda a lot. We banked where she worked and since it happened just across the street, and I was just about to give birth too, it really struck close to home. :( I wish someone had been watching and been able to stop it. *sigh*

Thanks, Ambyuk. I entered 10345 Highway C on MapQuest and I can see from the aerial photo where your apartment was. I also saw your earlier postings. Why do you suppose the authorities didn't come around to your apartment complex to investigate earlier than they did?

My thought is that Amanda was lured into a car--perhaps by the "mysterious couple" in the red Cavalier and driven away. It might have all looked very innocent to anyone who happened to witness the abduction. In her state (due to give birth anytime and having trouble walking and breathing), she was powerless. Once she got in the car (or whatever it was) her fate was probably pretty much sealed.

I think about Amanda alot. I don't want to reread the thread, but does anyone remember if she had a cell phone and why with all this tracing of cell calls off the towers that is working on the other cases this wasn't done in her case.
Prayers to her family.

Amanda did have a cell phone. She received a call at about 1:00 on the day of her disappearance. This was also the time she was to meet Bryan Westfall at the Civic Center. The call was from her former sister-in-law who said that Amanda distracted, if I remember correctly. This call was verified. Her family started trying to call her at 3:00 and every few minutes thereafter and never got an answer.

I believe I remember reading in a newspaper account that Bryan Westfall said that Amanda was on her cell phone for a long time while they met at the civic center and that when he left her, she was still on the phone. However, phone records showed that there was no such long phone call, or any call after the 1:00 call from her former sister-in-law.

Her cell phone was not in her abandoned car and never has been found.

Amanda did have a cell phone. She received a call at about 1:00 on the day of her disappearance. This was also the time she was to meet Bryan Westfall at the Civic Center. The call was from her former sister-in-law who said that Amanda distracted, if I remember correctly. This call was verified. Her family started trying to call her at 3:00 and every few minutes thereafter and never got an answer.

I believe I remember reading in a newspaper account that Bryan Westfall said that Amanda was on her cell phone for a long time while they met at the civic center and that when he left her, she was still on the phone. However, phone records showed that there was no such long phone call, or any call after the 1:00 call from her former sister-in-law.

Her cell phone was not in her abandoned car and never has been found.

Did they trace the pings?

Why do you suppose the authorities didn't come around to your apartment complex to investigate earlier than they did?

Um, because the Sheriff's office is incompetent, not to mention probably bought off? (Just my opinion, of course!) Not a fan of the Sheriff's office at all. If it were up to me, the people living opposite would have all been questioned the day after it happened.

Also, I personally don't think she was in a car... at least not sitting in it. Because if they'd gone any sort of distance, someone would be bound to remember seeing the car once they released a description etc. - there's so much traffic on the road. I think if she went anywhere it was in the trunk.

And as for her cellphone, it was left in her car, in the parking lot, so pings wouldn't tell anything. :(

I don't think that anyone except Bryan Westfall had a motive to get rid of Amanda and the baby. Westfall has changed his story a few times according to Amanda's dad. It was a downright lie that he left and came back 3 hours later and Amanda was still sitting in her car talking on the cell phone. As another poster said...her cell phone records show no other phone call except the one at 1:00.

I also don't believe that there was ever a couple in a red car that were asking Bryan about Amanda. I think that is Westfall's story to try and cover his sick butt. Amanda told her parents that she didn't know anyone matching the couples discription or the red car. I also think he is lying because no one would have even thought that Bryan Westfall had any connection with Amanda as they hadn't even talked since she told him she was pregnant. He made up that story so he could repeat it when she came up missing.

I just wonder how this guy can live with himself. I think his girlfriend knows exactly what happened and she was possibly with him when he met Amanda.
She got herself an attorney right away and if she was sitting at home and not with him or if she knew nothing why in the world would she need an attorney? It makes no sense.

Amanda's family was at the Jefferson County Fair today which was held at the Civic Center where she disappeared nearly two years ago. The sheriff's department was there as well.

It occurs to me that when the alleged father of Amanda's unborn baby was questioned way back when, he made a point of saying that he let Amanda inside the Civic Center building (as the volunteer groundskeeper, he had keys) in order to use the restroom. I just wonder about this. I noticed today that there are various back and side entrances to the building. She could have entered through the front door and then somehow been talked into leaving by one of the other entrances. There are back roads which lead out of there. One road leads to an elementary school. Since that was mid-August and a Sunday to boot, it would have been easy to drive her off the grounds by that road without being noticed by anyone. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Amanda's family was at the Jefferson County Fair today which was held at the Civic Center where she disappeared nearly two years ago. The sheriff's department was there as well.

It occurs to me that when the alleged father of Amanda's unborn baby was questioned way back when, he made a point of saying that he let Amanda inside the Civic Center building (as the volunteer groundskeeper, he had keys) in order to use the restroom. I just wonder about this. I noticed today that there are various back and side entrances to the building. She could have entered through the front door and then somehow been talked into leaving by one of the other entrances. There are back roads which lead out of there. One road leads to an elementary school. Since that was mid-August and a Sunday to boot, it would have been easy to drive her off the grounds by that road without being noticed by anyone. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

I hadn't heard that he let her into the Civic Center to use the restroom but it makes sense as she was so far along. Your story makes total sense. If he did trick her into leaving by another door he wouldn't have moved his car with her knowing. Someone else would have had to move his car from the front to the back don't you think?

Or...he could have murdered her inside the Civic Center and then moved his vehicle around back and got her out one of the doors and into his vehicle. If he strangled her there probably wouldn't have been any evidence like blood or anything...like Laci Peterson. I want so bad for him to be arrested and am so afraid that it will never happen. No one else had a motive to want to get rid of Amanda and the baby. I just wonder how he can live with himself.

My heart goes out to Amanda's family. They lost their daughter and grandbaby and they have no idea where they are. They know what happened though and who did it. Their pain will never end nor will their nightmare. This creep shouldn't get away with murdering two innocent people that didn't want anything from him.

It occurs to me that a third vehicle might have been involved in this whole thing. The mysterious red cavalier maybe? I believe that both the alleged's father truck and Amanda's car were tested for trace evidence and nothing of consequence was found. So, if there was a third vehicle in back of the building, Amanda could have been taken away in that. This could either have been driven by the alleged father or someone else. Who knows? Just a thought.

This case happened so long ago and so many have happened since, I'm a little foggy of the facts. But I have NEVER forgotten Amanda and her baby.

What I'd like to know is the father of the baby said he left the parking lot at a certain time and Amanda had pulled her car to another spot and was talking on her cell phone. What I'd like to know IF this in fact happened? In other words, did LE trace a phone call at the alledged time the father reported her to be using the phone?

Just a thought.
fran

In one version of his story (from what I've been told) the alleged father said that when he left the parking lot at the Civic Center, Amanda was talking on her cell phone. This was supposed to have been at about 3:00. However, LE did check this and there was no such call. The only call on record is one that took place at about 1:00p.m. and it was verified that Amanda spoke briefly to her former sister-in-law at that time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cases
Back