MO MO - Amanda Jones, 26, pregnant, Hillsboro, 14 Aug 2005

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm sorry I don't hunt. I don't really know anyone who does. I'll ask around, though. But, yes I drive by where she went missing at least 3-4 times a week and always try to get a view of the area around. There are many wooded areas around there. I'm assuming most would be a decent place to hunt? Good idea!

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/ne...628A46FC739D8BAB8625739D0000F33F?OpenDocument
The ex-husband of Amanda Jones, who has been missing for two years, died Friday, neighbors and her relatives said.

Neighbors said they saw fire trucks and ambulances outside of Jeffrey "Scott" Jones’ south St. Louis home early Friday and learned that he had died but did not know how. They said he lived there with the 7-year-old daughter he shared with Amanda Jones and his wife.
Amanda Jones’ parents, Hubert and Bertha Propst, said Scott Jones’ father, Woody Jones, called Friday to tell them his son had died, but did not reveal the cause of death. Woody Jones declined to comment.

and

Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office detectives interviewed Scott Jones about his ex-wife’s disappearance, but he was not a suspect.

more at link

That poor little girl. Her mom is missing and now her father is dead. I sure hope there is a strong family support system in place to get her through all of this.

Oh my goodness, what sad news. He couldn't have been that old. Wonder if it was from natural causes?

That poor little thing, the daughter. So much grief and she's just a little girl.

I think of Amanda quite often. Wonder if LE is still working on her case. If not, they should be.

JMHO
fran

That's really sad. I wonder where the little girl will end up living now. So much tragedy in her short life.

I was watching an old videotape last night from when the BTK killer was caught, and saw a segment on Rita Cosby's show from back then about Amanda. I had forgotten all about this case. The family was being interviewed and the baby's daddy seemed to be the POI. I came here to get the current scoop hoping justice had been served. Now I'm seeing this is turning into a cold case, slowly but surely.

Please, I pray for justice in this case. :(

I moved this thread to missing/located discussion. It was in the Missing Support/Info section.

Trying to stay organized :D

This case really puzzles me. i was pregnant at the same time. so it was pretty scary. i live near where she went missing. we were actually at the fair she went missing from last summer and thought of her.
you would think they would find a body at least. did they ever find out how the dad of her baby died? what happened to her other child? now any answers are gone unless his wife was involved in it.. like they didnt want to pay child support or something . sadly i think this area is just so rural that they wont find her.

As far as I know the father of the baby is still alive. He had a girlfriend but they weren't married when Amanda went missing. This man...father of the baby...denied that the baby was his. Yet he called Amanda right before the baby was due and wanted to meet with her. He wanted to take her to lunch and talk. She agreed and met him at the Civic Center...a place he cleaned or had some connection with. She disappeared from there. Her car was there but Amanda was never found. The man said that he had left after they talked and Amanda was talking on the phone. He said he went back to the Civic Center 3 hours later and she was still on the phone! Liar...her cell phone showed one call right before she was supposed to meet with him at 1:00. That call was to a cousin. There was no 3 hour call to anyone. No calls after the call with the cousin.

Amanda's little girl lives with her dad of which had a good relationship with Amanda after their divorce.

I think that Bryan Westfall..is that his last name... buried Amanda somewhere on his or his parents property. I don't believe that dogs were ever taken out to cover that whole property. They should have sniffed every inch of it IMO.

When Bryan and Amanda had a one night stand Bryan and his girlfriend were split up. Right afterward they went back together....then Amanda discovered that she was pregnant. Bryan denied the baby was his and Amanda didn't bother him throughout the whole 9 months. Then he wants to meet!

After Amanda disappeared the girlfriend hired an attorney! Why? Was she with Bryan when he went to meet with Amanda? If she was just an innocent girlfriend that was sitting home minding her business why would she need an attorney? Always has puzzled me. Did the two of them murder Amanda? I just don't know. But I do know that Bryan Westfall has lied through his teeth about the meeting, etc, etc. LE know that he has lied. I just wish they had enough evidence to arrest the creep. Amanda and her baby boy deserve to be found and they deserve justice.

I know that the father of Amanda's little girl died sometime in 2007 I believe. I don't recall if they ever said how he died.

Here is a little snip from an article. I don't know if the complete article is available still or not.

ST. LOUIS — The former husband of Amanda Jones, who has been missing for two years, died Friday, leaving the future of the couple's 7-year-old daughter uncertain, neighbors and her relatives said.
Neighbors said they saw firetrucks and ambulances early Friday outside of Jeffrey "Scott" Jones' south St. Louis home and learned that he had died but did not know how.
Amanda Jones' parents, Hubert and Bertha Propst of Festus, said Scott Jones' father, Woody Jones, called Friday to tell them his son had died but did not disclose the cause of death. Woody Jones declined to comment for this article.
No other family members could be reached for comment.

Thank you for posting that. I had no idea that the ex-husband had died. How sad for that little girl. She was probably just adjusting to living with her daddy all of the time and then..... I hope she is in therapy. She's so young to have gone throug so much. I wonder who she is with now. I remember that Amanda's sister got married. Maybe the little girl will live with her and her husband. I hope that there wasn't a battle over who would gain custody of her...between the dads side and the moms side.

I still think of Amanda and her child. I'm so sad this case was never solved. :(

I hope her family is doing well and that her young daughter is too.

Too bad there isn't someone in that area who works on 'cold cases.' IMO, there's absolutely NO reason this should be unsolved. They should go back to the beginning .....................:rolleyes:

JMHO
fran

It's not right that anyone should get away with murder. This monster is such a selfish person. He must have known that the baby boy was his or he wouldn't have gone to the extreme that he did so that he wouldn't have to pay child support! Amanda wasn't bothering him so the murder of her and the baby had to have been about child support. There is just no other motive. He has always said that the baby wasn't his. Probably for his girlfriend's sake. But he knew it was. He didn't even wait for a blood test after the baby was born. If he really thought it wasn't his he would have asked for blood tests to prove that it wasn't his. How do this men murder their own babies? It takes a certain type of person to do things like that....a monster with no conscience.

I just pray that some day this all comes to a head and he has to pay for what he did in a court of law. I hope that Amanda's parents are still alive to see it happen and to feel that some form of justice was served for Amanda and baby Hayden.

Amanda and baby Hayden are on my mind this morning.

Bobbisangel, I agree with everything you have posted! It angers me when everyone with any sense can tell who 'disappeared' Amanda, yet the guilty person keeps on living like nothing happened. Brian Westfall still gets to spend time with his family.... see his friends... laugh at jokes... breath the air. All of the things he took away from Amanda.

Hopefully something will break with Amanda's case soon. Amanda and Hayden have waited too long as it is.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pitbladdo
Back