Found Deceased MO - Brandon Bourbon, 24, Potosi, 2 April 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Or, Atlanta.

His van was reported in south central Missouri, unless he was headed for an airport, he wasn't pointed toward New York, LA, or Atlanta. He was closer to the airport in St. Louis.

AMTRAK is available in Jefferson City, Missouri.

In his Twitter profile he describes himself as a mercenary. What do you think he means by that?

Two definitions:
1. a professional soldier hired to serve in a foreign army.
2. person primarily concerned with making money at the expense of ethics.

In his Twitter profile he describes himself as a mercenary. What do you think he means by that?

Two definitions:
1. a professional soldier hired to serve in a foreign army.
2. person primarily concerned with making money at the expense of ethics.

Perhaps confused it with the term missionary?

ETA: seems it would be easy to accidentally use the term mercenary because of the "merc" (as in "mercy") when you really mean missionary. Hope that makes sense - couldn't think of a good way to explain it.

The Now KC ‏@TheNowKC 4m4 minutes ago
RT 41ActionNews "#BREAKING Former Kansas football player who went missing found dead - http://bit.ly/1XmkIGs "

CJOnline Retweeted
Rick Peterson Jr. ‏@RickiePeterson 47m47 minutes ago Augusta, GA
Just spoke to WU coach Craig Schurig, who is shocked & saddened by the death of Brandon Bourbon. "He was just a joy to be around and coach"

The Kansas City Star Retweeted
Glenn E. Rice ‏@GRicekcstar 15m15 minutes ago
The body of former KU running back Brandon Bourbon has been located near a secluded river in Maries County.

RIP Brandon

This is hitting all over my twitter feed, I live over by Lawrence, KS KU country.

Oh no. I was hoping he just took off for a bit. Terribly sad :(

Oh no, I was hoping he just needed some time away. So sad.

Former KU football player Brandon Bourbon found dead after missing persons search

POTOSI, MO.
Brandon Bourbon, the former Kansas football player who had been missing since the night of April 2, was found dead Friday about 80 miles east of his hometown.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/sports/co...-of-kansas/article70852922.html#storylink=cpy

Not that it really matters but the location that his body and vehicle was found is actually west of his hometown.

oh no... my heart just sank. So very, very heartbreaking.

Oh my goodness. I am shocked. I didn't expect this at all. His poor family, my heart goes out to them. Rest in peace, Brandon.

What was the manner of death?
I'm having a hard time with this one. Why? From the outside looking in, nothing adds up to this outcome.
I just read his mother (I think), wrote she knew he was struggling with the transition of being in the public eye with football and then settling back into a normal life after football. Did he have hopes for his football career to continue that didn't materialize? Was he reaching out to religion that didn't quite give him the peace he was searching for?
I know I'm out of line questioning, but man oh man am I just heartbroken over this.

I'm having a hard time with this one. Why? From the outside looking in, nothing adds up to this outcome.
I just read his mother (I think), wrote she knew he was struggling with the transition of being in the public eye with football and then settling back into a normal life after football. Did he have hopes for his football career to continue that didn't materialize? Was he reaching out to religion that didn't quite give him the peace he was searching for?
I know I'm out of line questioning, but man oh man am I just heartbroken over this.

As I sat here thinking, it reminded me of the time my ex went through depression after breaking his ankle. It more or less ended any hope he had of playing professional sport at the level he had anticipated. He could play in the lower leagues, but it wasn't the same, especially when his friends and teammates were signing huge deals. Meanwhile he was just trying to find work.

I am not saying this is what caused Brandon to do what he did, in any way. But I believe it's much harder than we realise as a society, what happens to the almost made its. They are pushed so hard then ditched fast if they don't make it.

My mama heart is breaking, whatever the reason. My boys are just toddlers, but I know they will always be my babies

I am wondering if football was his identity and other attempts to define his identity were not well received. To me (as an outsider) it sounds like Brandon did try to find another identity, but I do not think he got the support that he did with football and that can really be overwhelming to a young person. I am not blaming anyone, I am just trying to look into what Brandon may have perceived as truth.

Both of my sons play sports, with football especially in their hearts. It is a brotherhood, an identity, a lifestyle. This hits close to home. They "are" Brandon.
Although as an adult I think, boy I'm going to miss this when their done, until reading Brandon's mother's comment about being out of the limelight, it never once occurred to me that it actually is a HUGE transition. I will be sure to keep a close eye on this with my own boys.
Prayers to his family.

Prayers for Brandon's family and friends. I wonder if his parents will have his brain examined for concussion damage.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Body of missing football player found in Maries County

Authorities said it appears Bourbon took his own life.

Marie's County Sheriff Chris Heitman confirms that Brandon Bourbon was located Friday afternoon just before 2 p.m. outside of route AA.

He was found in his van in secluded area on a private property in the Little Maries River with an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound.

Brandon was missing for six days before he was found.

Sheriff Heitman believes at this point in the investigation Brandon died on Saturday.

Brandon's phone was pinged Sunday near the Vichy area which was just five miles of where he was located.

Sheriff Heitman said a farmer was going to do work in the area on his land when he located the vehicle with Brandon inside.

Brandon left Saturday and was supposed to meet a friend for church that night in Potosi. He never showed.

Sheriff Heitman said some friends had concerns that Brandon might have been suicidal.

http://krcgtv.com/news/local/body-of-missing-football-player-found-in-maries-county

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Eric
Back