Found Deceased MO - Cassidy Rainwater, 33, *GRAPHIC CONTENT* nude & caged in photos, Buffalo, 15 Jul 2021 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont believe it either. ppl dont just decide one day in their 50's that they need to try some human flesh.

100 PERCENT in agreement. I also do not believe for a second this is their/his first time.

After reading Norton's account of what Phelps did - it was methodical and seemed like he knew exactly what he was doing from experience. (imo)

Last edited:
BREAKING NEWS: Dallas County sheriff confirms body found on James Phelps’ property as Cassidy Rainwater; murder charges filed

BUFFALO, Mo. (KY3) - The Dallas County sheriff says DNA tests performed on a body found on the property of James Phelps confirm the death of Cassidy Rainwater.

The Dallas County prosecutor on Wednesday filed new first-degree murder charges against James Phelps and Timothy Norton for Rainwater’s death. The prosecutor also charged them with the abandonment of a corpse. They each faced kidnapping charges in Rainwater’s disappearance.

Sorry, I missed this yesterday. How sad, tragic and predictable, given the past history of the criminal history of some folks, the perps and the location. I don't understand it.

Sheriff Rice says investigators have not located any evidence leading them to believe there are any other victims associated with Phelps and Norton at this time. Sheriff Rice says this is an ongoing investigation. If there is anyone who believes they may have information concerning this case, they can call investigators at the Dallas County Sheriff’s Office at 417-345-2441.

BBM

I don't know how to respond to this statement considering LE didn't appear to do any kind of a thorough search of the property after the arrests nor after someone set the unsecured crime scene on fire shortly afterwards.

BBM

:(

100 PERCENT in agreement. I also do not believe for a second this is their/his first time.

After reading Norton's account of what Phelps did - it was methodical and seemed like he knew exactly what he was doing from experience. (imo)
right even if both guys were cretins, what second guy agrees to come over to help restrain someone without question, they done it before

RIP Cassidy. You didn't deserve this.

Thankfully it sounds like the evidence was collected before the house fire. These two morons apparently left enough evidence, digital and otherwise, to thoroughly incriminate themselves. Let's hope they also lead to arrests of the arsonist(s) and any others who may have been involved in this depravity.

Remember the investigation of Todd Koelhepp, when they found the woman imprisoned on his property in a shipping container? Remember when they searched every twig on his property and managed to dig up the bodies of other victims? From looking at the news drone video of the property after the fire, it doesn't appear any search like that was done on this property. JMO

I get the feeling (and I hope I'm wrong) that there may be an urge to sweep this all under the rug and move forward with a quiet, low-key trial for the two killers.

I agree as well. It may be that prior to Covid lockdown - This guy would "take his show on the road" for such activities. Annual hunting vacation or something similar? I'd definitely be looking over any vacations over...like 5 days... Phelps may have taken in the past.

I agree as well. It may be that prior to Covid lockdown - This guy would "take his show on the road" for such activities. Annual hunting vacation or something similar? I'd definitely be looking over any vacations over...like 5 days... Phelps may have taken in the past.

Or other friends in the general area. Some here have already discussed the various locations where these perps lived in the last several years - all around LOTO, between I-70 and I-44. Quite a few missing women in that area.

JMO, they have a network of "friends" with common interests.

More news articles
Murder Charges Filed, Human Remains Found in Missouri Case That Fueled Gruesome TikTok Rumors

Remember the investigation of Todd Koelhepp, when they found the woman imprisoned on his property in a shipping container? Remember when they searched every twig on his property and managed to dig up the bodies of other victims? From looking at the news drone video of the property after the fire, it doesn't appear any search like that was done on this property. JMO

I get the feeling (and I hope I'm wrong) that there may be an urge to sweep this all under the rug and move forward with a quiet, low-key trial for the two killers.
makes me wonder WHY they wanna keep it quiet......

Little else was known in the weeks following that hearing until November 17th. On Wednesday, prosecutors charged Phelps and Norton with first-degree murder and abandonment of a corpse. Authorities say remains that matched Rainwater’s DNA were found in Phelps’ cabin. Deputies report they found other DNA
Timeline of Cassidy Rainwater's death and disappearance

Little else was known in the weeks following that hearing until November 17th. On Wednesday, prosecutors charged Phelps and Norton with first-degree murder and abandonment of a corpse. Authorities say remains that matched Rainwater’s DNA were found in Phelps’ cabin. Deputies report they found other DNA
Timeline of Cassidy Rainwater's death and disappearance

According to your link

• Cassie was killed about a month before her relative reported her missing.
  • July 24 the night Phelps and Norton scheduled for her murder
  • August 25, LE begins their search; a deputy goes to Phelps house, doesn't see anything and leaves
  • Sept 1, the deputy goes to Phelps hovel again; Phelps admits she had been living there, but left in the middle of the night, etc.
  • Sept. 16, sheriff receives new tip from the FBI regarding photos of Cassie in a cage alive and also after her death, mutilated

Also, here's the timeline posted by @tigertails at the beginning of this thread

Found Deceased - MO - Cassidy Rainwater, 33, *GRAPHIC CONTENT* nude & caged in photos, Buffalo, 15 Jul 2021 *Arrests*
  • September 19- Police interviewed Timothy Norton. He said he lived in his car because he was an overload trucker. The address listed for him on online court systems and court documents show the same address as James Phelps’ on Moon Valley Road. Police found some inaccuracies in his story
  • September 20- Police brought back Norton to interview him again. That is when he admitted to restraining Cassidy Rainwater back in July.
  • September 21- Timothy Norton was arrested. He is being held at the Dallas County Jail with no bond.
  • September 23- Police depart from a scene on Moon Valley Drive. The Dallas County Sheriff’s Office continues to investigate the case.
  • October 4 - Someone sets fire to the cabin at the property on Moon Valley Rd
  • October 5 - Norton and Phelps appear in court for the first time
  • November 17 - Norton and Phelps charged with first degree murder and abandonment of a corpse. They're already facing kidnapping charges related to her disappearance
Earlier Timeline

• 1992 & 1993 - Timothy Norton lists the property on Moon Valley Rd as his home address
  • 2011 - James Phelps first reports the Moon Valley Rd address as his home address
Also:

EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Dallas County sheriff explains what’s next in case of Cassidy Rainwater

Investigators found Rainwater’s remains on the property of Rainwater’s grandfather who died years ago.

Sheriff Rice says investigators want to know more about the driver of a Pontiac Grand Prix witnesses placed near a fire at Phelps’ house in early October. Phelps and Norton were jailed at the time of the fire.

There are more facts that can't come out until they go to court

Last edited:

He dated her body parts like deer meat. It's absolute insanity.
While I do NOT wish for there to be more bodies or victims - I can't believe this is his first time. (moo)

Where there is smoke there is usually a fire.

Last edited:
https://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article255938852.html

This is a very good article to read about a lot of what is going on told by a local.

"Katie Heflin, who owns the Windyville Store in the tiny town three miles from the Phelps’ cabin on Moon Valley Road, said the way the case has been handled “has been incredibly incompetent.”

“He’s the one who started that rumor mill going, and it was his detectives that leaked everything in the beginning,” Heflin said. And now, she said, some of the rumors about what happened to Rainwater appear to have been accurate. “As a community as a whole right now, we feel like we’ve been lied to. A lot of people are really upset."

“I’ve got cameras that point onto Moon Valley Road, and they’ve asked me for copies of my camera footage in the past when property across the street was burglarized. But they didn’t once call to ask on the day of the fire or after to see if they could get the footage to see who had pulled down that road.”

And this:

Heflin said she never ran into Phelps or Norton but believed Rainwater came into her store in the summer of 2019. “A guy came in, like in his 30s,” she said. “And he had two girls with him. And the girls didn’t talk. They went to the back and then came back up, but I know that they didn’t even have enough money to buy a soda and a bag of ice because I ended up giving them a bag of ice for free because I felt bad for them.”

“I’ve got cameras that point onto Moon Valley Road, and they’ve asked me for copies of my camera footage in the past when property across the street was burglarized. But they didn’t once call to ask on the day of the fire or after to see if they could get the footage to see who had pulled down that road.”

BBM

This sounds rather odd. JMO

I hope she was able to save some of that camera footage from the times before and after Cassie was murdered and also the night of the fire.

It also seemed odd that they didn't ask for any assistance or information from the public. Perhaps they already know who the arsonist is and if there were any accomplices.

Last edited:
BBM

I hope she was able to save some of that camera footage from the times before and after Cassie was murdered.
BBM

I hope she was able to save some of that camera footage from the times before and after Cassie was murdered.

How and why would they NOT check her footage to see is there is anything that could help them find the person who started the fire? When they know this woman has cameras on her property.

Mind blowing (moo)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member