Found Deceased MO - Clauddinnea 'Dee Dee' Blancharde, 48, Springfield, 10 June 2015 - #1 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This case is making my brain hurt! So many ins, outs, and what-have-yous (Dude reference). I think i'm gonna join the masses and just sit back and watch everything unravel. I really cannot make a fully objective opinion here.

I don't know where to go with this one. Every time I think I have an opinion, a new piece of information pops up and I have to sit back and rethink. Gonna watch this one unfold.

Wow. From that page I am getting the impression there is Munchausen by Proxy and it has perhaps led to murder all these years later. Time will tell!

That's my thought as well. I do think Gypsy is a victim. We will have to wait and see if she had any part in her mother's death. There are so many discrepancies in the whole back story. Over the years, Gypsy's illnesses and conditions have varied and "evolved", (my opinion, based on reading the articles about her over the years.)

The age discrepancy is a big red flag to me. Also I find it odd that in photos she is often dressed in cutesy matching clothes and hats. Would a 19-year-old or 23-year-old woman dress like that by choice? Seems like she is being dressed to appear younger and more vulnerable than she actually is.

If she had leukemia at one time and lost her hair to chemo, she would not still be missing her hair. It grows back after chemo treatments. There were some RUMORS that her mother shaved her head.

Also it looks like her mother has moved around a lot and has used several different names. Clauddinnea, Claudinea, Claudina, Deno, Dee Dee, etc. and last names Blancharde, Blanchard, Pitre, Plasisance, Plaisplaisan, etc. Her age shows up as ranging between 54 and 59.

And there are more signs that I won't go into...

Sorry if this post offends anyone and mods please remove if it goes against TOS. I just needed to say what I've been thinking.

I can't access FB at work....summary, if you don't mind?

Its a FB discussion group!
Of many ppl that were shunned by the Prayer page!
many know DD and her daughter.
Not one of them has really said anything bad about them at all but as ClaireNC has given a very goos summary.

I'm sitting here this morning drinking some coffee and reading all the overnight chatter and information that has come to light. I keep trying to wrap all of this information up into a nice tidy bundle, so it all makes sense.

I'm pretty sure Gypsy's online friend is going to be brought back to Missouri to face murder charges.

What I'm unsure of is what charges might be levelled against her. Even if she had NO IDEA that her little boyfriend was going to kill her mom, after the deed was done, she still went with him.....willingly.

How do we know this ?? Well.......she had every opportunity to alert someone that she was being held against her will, and more importantly, that her mother had been murdered. She didn't.

She could have told his parents, she could have called 911, she could have WALKED next door to a neighbors house. She did none of those. She simply hung out with this guy, knowing that her mother was lying dead on the floor back in Missouri.

I'm not too sure what charges could be pressed against someone who witnesses a crime like that and then does nothing about it. I'm giving her the complete benefit of the doubt that she had no idea what her boyfriend was going to do, and had no hand in it. That may not be the case at all, however.

I assume through interviews and the interrogation process, much of those details will be divulged. I also imagine that any e-mails and online communication between them is going to be examined as to whether there was a plot in the making, or if the mother's death was just a spontaneous reaction brought on by her refusal to let this kid take her daughter away. I don't think he just broke in there and killed her in the middle of the night. I think both Gypsy and her mother knew he was coming to visit. Dee Dee may have had no idea how close and chummy those two had gotten over time, nor was she aware of any plot about the two of them running away together.

I don't think they will press charges on either of them until they are back in Missouri, sometime today.
I'm going to predict second degree murder charges against the boyfriend. I'm unsure about what charges might be levelled against Gypsy, if any. All I do know is this, if she had any hand in posting what was posted on that Facebook page, the one that alerted everybody, then she is in some deep doo-doo as well.

Its a FB discussion group!
Of many ppl that were shunned by the Prayer page!
many know DD and her daughter.
Not one of them has really said anything bad about them at all but as ClaireNC has given a very goos summary.

Haha, I joined that group before I went to work this morning! Gotta have noms when I get home! :happydance:

I'm sitting here this morning drinking some coffee and reading all the overnight chatter and information that has come to light. I keep trying to wrap all of this information up into a nice tidy bundle, so it all makes sense.

I'm pretty sure Gypsy's online friend is going to be brought back to Missouri to face murder charges.

What I'm unsure of is what charges might be levelled against her. Even if she had NO IDEA that her little boyfriend was going to kill her mom, after the deed was done, she still went with him.....willingly.

How do we know this ?? Well.......she had every opportunity to alert someone that she was being held against her will, and more importantly, that her mother had been murdered. She didn't.

She could have told his parents, she could have called 911, she could have WALKED next door to a neighbors house. She did none of those. She simply hung out with this guy, knowing that her mother was lying dead on the floor back in Missouri.

I'm not too sure what charges could be pressed against someone who witnesses a crime like that and then does nothing about it. I'm giving her the complete benefit of the doubt that she had no idea what her boyfriend was going to do, and had no hand in it. That may not be the case at all, however.

I assume through interviews and the interrogation process, much of those details will be divulged. I also imagine that any e-mails and online communication between them is going to be examined as to whether there was a plot in the making, or if the mother's death was just a spontaneous reaction brought on by her refusal to let this kid take her daughter away. I don't think he just broke in there and killed her in the middle of the night. I think both Gypsy and her mother knew he was coming to visit. Dee Dee may have had no idea how close and chummy those two had gotten over time, nor was she aware of any plot about the two of them running away together.

I don't think they will press charges on either of them until they are back in Missouri, sometime today.
I'm going to predict second degree murder charges against the boyfriend. I'm unsure about what charges might be levelled against Gypsy, if any. All I do know is this, if she had any hand in posting what was posted on that Facebook page, the one that alerted everybody, then she is in some deep doo-doo as well.

I'm on the same exact page as you.
I'm eager to see what MSM reveals today.

Anyone who wants to keep me in the know on facebook posts, I can't see them until later, so if you wanna volunteer I'll be your best friend! :D

(respectfully snipped for space.)

All I do know is this, if she had any hand in posting what was posted on that Facebook page, the one that alerted everybody, then she is in some deep doo-doo as well.

Good morning! Great post Steelman. On that last point about the Facebook post on their joint page. It could have been her attempt to alert people that she was in trouble. Not necessarily a mature way to go about doing it, but it was effective. She could have known that posting something like that would get attention and her "boyfriend" could have approved of it without realizing that she was doing it to alert her friends and family.

That's my thought as well. I do think Gypsy is a victim. We will have to wait and see if she had any part in her mother's death. There are so many discrepancies in the whole back story. Over the years, Gypsy's illnesses and conditions have varied and "evolved", (my opinion, based on reading the articles about her over the years.)

The age discrepancy is a big red flag to me. Also I find it odd that in photos she is often dressed in cutesy matching clothes and hats. Would a 19-year-old or 23-year-old woman dress like that by choice? Seems like she is being dressed to appear younger and more vulnerable than she actually is.

If she had leukemia at one time and lost her hair to chemo, she would not still be missing her hair. It grows back after chemo treatments. There were some RUMORS that her mother shaved her head.

Also it looks like her mother has moved around a lot and has used several different names. Clauddinnea, Claudinea, Claudina, Deno, Dee Dee, etc. and last names Blancharde, Blanchard, Pitre, Plasisance, Plaisplaisan, etc. Her age shows up as ranging between 54 and 59.

And there are more signs that I won't go into...

Sorry if this post offends anyone and mods please remove if it goes against TOS. I just needed to say what I've been thinking.

I'm so glad you said that. I've been thinking that from the first time I read the article about them moving from LA and then after seeing the video of Gypsy and her mother.

JMO

On the same page with everyone else catching up on what has been posted since last night. HOLY cow pies. In a very real sense I do believe Gypsy has been a victim. For a really long time, it appears. Obviously her mother too, based on the way she was found in the home. :(

I suspect the age discrepancy in the msm articles came directly from those who knew the mother/daughter in MO, and they told them, what Dee Dee Blanchard had told them. She was 48 and Gyspy 19. It doesn't take much research to learn that in fact is not the case for either of them. I also suspect all the illnesses and the extent of the illnesses reported to msm also came from the same source - local friends and neighbors retelling what Dee Dee told them. It would appear there is some discrepancy there as well.

When I read the mother was brutally murdered, my first thought was rage/crime of passion. Somehow it was personal. Yet everyone local in MO who's been commenting says they have loads of friends, everyone loves them, etc. So where does the personal rage come from if everyone loves them? I have my own theory of course but I'll keep that to myself to remain within TOS.

Just a few thoughts, fwiw. MOO.

I saw a video from earlier today where MO LE said:
"We have located Gypsy in another state...she is ok. We do have another person of interest in custody."
This is ambiguous and makes it sound like 'another = a second' POI.

I reserve the right to feel sorry for Gypsy until after we find out her level of involvement, if any. Maybe Gypsy wanted to move out and change her life and her mom wouldn't let her, so she retaliated. Or maybe Gypsy has spent her whole life as a victim, including now. Who knows. The creep's father said there was nothing wrong with her, and uncoached statements like that tend to carry more weight with me.

If Gypsy and this guy were talking aloud as they hunted down the mom's location through the house, and she was found hiding in a closet or something...... I just can't get the images out of my head of her feelings of fear and betrayal she must have endured. Especially after reading the vulgar, violent description of her manner of death and the laughing over her screams. That part makes it sound like Gypsy was merely a victim in this. It makes this whole thing sound like a maniac was after her. It's quite possible Gypsy didn't even know her mother was killed at that point.

Regardless of any lying about her age, name, daughter's situation, or lifestyle, poor DeeDee. No one deserves that.

On the same page with everyone else catching up on what has been posted since last night. HOLY cow pies. In a very real sense I do believe Gypsy has been a victim. For a really long time, it appears. Obviously her mother too, based on the way she was found in the home. :(

That is really spot on. I'm bothered by the insinuation that so many people are making that to speculate or criticise about possible circumstances (based on very real evidence) automatically means that one lacks compassion or empathy. I personally feel very deeply for Gypsy and so, so extremely sad for DeeDee. It is very clear that REGARDLESS of the "how"s and "why"s, both of them have gone through a lot in life. It is possible for someone to be very suspect but also very gentle and understanding. They aren't mutually exclusive.

I'm also bothered by the idea that this sort of thing is somehow new? I think this might be because the majority of people discussing this on SM are older adults, but it is hard for me to comprehend all the backlash against the gossipy speculating. I mean, this is what has ALWAYS happened. Before the Internet made instant information and global contact a thing, people were having these exact same discussions (and perhaps with even less of a filter) in their personal groups amongst neighbors, friends, family, acquaintances, etc. These old people need to get with the program - LOL.

Is it me, or does it appear now that Gypsy is the one that with a very normal IQ, while her bf is the "special needs" one?

I do wonder if their online chats could be recovered/have been recovered. I think they would paint a fairly decent picture of the dynamics of their relationship.

I don't know of a case when the KID faked anything.
I know of several cases where the PARENT was giving the kid medications.
Where they kid was being poisoned and didn't realize it.
Maybe I'm just too familiar with MBP from cases here. :dunno:
I agree. When I read the posts on the Gypsy rose trip FB it kind of screams MBP to me. Moo. I will eat my hat if I'm wrong.

Is it me, or does it appear now that Gypsy is the one that with a very normal IQ, while her bf is the "special needs" one?

I do wonder if their online chats could be recovered/have been recovered. I think they would paint a fairly decent picture of the dynamics of their relationship.

I bet we are thinking the same thing.

Physical disabilities/limitations but bright/intelligent mind- GRB
NO physical disibilities but limitations on mind- POI (boyfriend)

GRB might have been a victim of MBP and wanted it to end. Used boyfriend to manipulate into performing a heinous act.

As much as I DO NOT want to believe she was involved, I am so very suspicious of it. Honestly....she wasn't held there against her will in WI. I'm trying to stay objective with it, but I keep stewing over my suspicions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pizzaguy