Found Deceased MO - Clauddinnea 'Dee Dee' Blancharde, 48, Springfield, 10 June 2015 - #1 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OR.... DB was simply lying.

She certainly could have been, but wouldn't the RMcD House people know if she were? I mean, it's not that hard to check your records and go "wait, no, there's no record of you staying here since that girl was 3 days old".

IF this is MBP (and we don't know yet that it is) then is it even possible it started before Gypsy was even born? I don't really know much about the disorder, so I'm asking. It also makes me wonder if Dee Dee had other children before Gypsy. Maybe a sick child that didn't make it?

Just trying to wrap my head around this.

Not justifying DeeDee being brutally murdered. But we don't know what happened behind closed doors. It appears DeeDee maniputlated/ victimized Gypsy all her life. What if DeeDee also convinced Gypsy that if she ever left the scam would be exposed and Gypsy would go to prison ? Or once every one found out about the scam no one would ever be her friend again and she would be alone without money or a home ? Or what if Gypsy suspected or discovered that now that she has reached adulthood the next step in the scam was for DeeDee to fake ( or not ) Gypsy's death to continue to get money ?
IMO, a loving, nurturing mother would not subject her daughter to a lifetime of appearing sickly and wheelchair bound. I have no problem imagining Gypsy believing the only way she would ever be free of the scam was for her mom to die. Look how many professionals were scammed into believing Gypsy was severly disabled . IMO, Gypsy didn't believe there was anyway out , much the same way women killing their abusive husbands because they believed there was no other way out .

I think everyone's giving Gypsy too much credit here. Something tells me she knew she had a way out, but chose to do this. Yes, your points are all seemingly valid, but who in their right mind would say "If I leave, the scam will be exposed and I'll go to prison" and NOT SAY "Damn, if I kill my mother, I'll go to prison." Really. I'll go to prison if I leave and she runs her mouth....or I'll just kill her and avoid prison? You're doing it wrong.

By the way: THANK YOU to the people who described the press conference for all of us who can't watch because we're supposed to be working! :blowkiss:

(this has been the most interesting, weirdest and most tragic story I've read in a long time)

I agree--we totally don't know what happened inside that house, and I don't believe financial fraud makes someone deserve to be murdered.

But if it's anything like what it looks like--that a perfectly healthy child was denied a normal life by her mother and made to believe she had to go along with it, then the mother created the monster that killed her.

In regards to abuse cases where the victim eventually snaps and kills the abuser (I don't know the answer to this, but hopefully someone does).....are they usually planned out? Accomplices used? Or are they crimes of passion usually?

Ugh i can't see it says it's closed now and I'm not a member
She states that they have been estranged and she and Gypsy dad did not know they were scamming people. She has also stated that they will do what they can to help Gyp.

She certainly could have been, but wouldn't the RMcD House people know if she were? I mean, it's not that hard to check your records and go "wait, no, there's no record of you staying here since that girl was 3 days old".

IF this is MBP (and we don't know yet that it is) then is it even possible it started before Gypsy was even born? I don't really know much about the disorder, so I'm asking. It also makes me wonder if Dee Dee had other children before Gypsy. Maybe a sick child that didn't make it?

Just trying to wrap my head around this.

Thinking like a scammer: What are the chances that someone with access to the Ronald McDonald House records would hear that quote and actually think to check to make sure she was telling the truth? And even if someone didn't find the records and was suspicious, they would probably assume the mother meant a different RMcD house. (Interesting the ways McDonalds has entered this thread!)

Also, it's very possible she sickened the child within hours of her birth. Or, maybe the child was sick to begin with, and the mother received so much attention and benefits she just couldn't give them up.

And yes, I've read of MSP mothers who go through several children. :( It's a horrible and weird disorder. I've read about it a lot in an attempt to understand it, because I have children and OMG I can't imagine making them sick!! When my kids are sick I'd do ANYTHING to make them well. It just seems inhuman. But sometimes these mothers actually appear to "love" their children. I just don't get it.

Just remember, it's easy to put all the blame on someone when they're too dead to defend themselves. Gypsy is 23 years old. As much as I want to believe she was manipulated and abused, at what point is the line crossed where she was PART OF the fraud? It's nice when people give you stuff. She's obviously not stupid. But I'm sure this will turn into how DeeDee is this awful fraudulent woman who gave her daughter Stockholm's or something.

(bolding mine) I'm sure this will be the defense's position, but I don't think that the average person would agree that this murder was in any way justified. G. grew up surrounded by mandatory reporters. She may not have had much power as a young child, but as she grew up, she could have reached out to one of those mandatory reporters. Even if she thought they would take her mom's side, she still could have reached out to someone else online -- a victim's advocacy group, for example -- rather than her clearly off-balanced online boyfriend.

This is a video with both Gypsy and her mother DeeDee from 2008. They were interviewing both of them at the same time.

I'm posting it here so people can use it for comparison to see the deception that may become apparent as this goes along.

http://www.ky3.com/news/local/archi...ews-the-blanchardes-in-2008/21048998_33584278

View attachment 76446
Current Mugshot

View attachment 76447
Her online boyfriend and killer --Nicholas Godejohn

View attachment 76448
From Long ago

Lol....did they meet on a lookalike website? Looks like the same mugshot

I would suspect the defense is going to lean heavily on these kids having diminished mental capabilities.
The fact that they didn't go on the run and just basically went back to his place speaks volumes to me.

This case is unbelievable. I have a feeling there's a lot more craziness to come.

And another thing I've learned: Doctors are extremely reluctant to accuse parents of MSP unless the proof is overwhelming. In fact, the medical establishment generally doesn't like to make waves at all. (Thinking of those "murdering nurses" who everyone was suspicious of, but who got new job after new job because no one wanted to draw negative attention to their hospital.)

This is a video with both Gypsy and her mother DeeDee from 2008. They were interviewing both of them at the same time.

I'm posting it here so people can use it for comparison to see the deception that may become apparent as this goes along.

http://www.ky3.com/news/local/archi...ews-the-blanchardes-in-2008/21048998_33584278

View attachment 76446
Current Mugshot

View attachment 76447
Her online boyfriend and killer --Nicholas Godejohn

View attachment 76448
From Long ago

https://twitter.com/KTTSNancy
this acct just posted an even better mugshot pic. steelman, maybe you can do the same thing you did with the above images?

(bolding mine) I'm sure this will be the defense's position, but I don't think that the average person would agree that this murder was in any way justified. G. grew up surrounded by mandatory reporters. She may not have had much power as a young child, but as she grew up, she could have reached out to one of those mandatory reporters. Even if she thought they would take her mom's side, she still could have reached out to someone else online -- a victim's advocacy group, for example -- rather than her clearly off-balanced online boyfriend.

Exactly. They were too often in the spotlight for any kind of serious abuse/brainwashing to be swept under the rug. And from what I understand, people are singing like birds on the facebook pages about how this has been going on for years.

My theory is this:

Gypsy was born with issues, was sick for a while, all that is true.

Gypsy starts getting better, DeeDee keeps the lie going for monetary gain. After a certain amount of time, Gypsy learns the ruse but plays along, because hey--- free stuff.

Gypsy either gets tired of lying (which I doubt), DeeDee wants to keep Gypsy around to continue the lying and Gypsy gets tired of living as a fraud and decides to kill her instead of just walking out the front door

OR

DeeDee wants to end the lying and Gypsy doesn't, so to keep DeeDee from exposing everything she kills her

OR

Gypsy wants MORE monetary gain (aka mother's death/insurance money) and ends up killing her

All these theories of mine go along with the ideal that Gypsy has led an incredibly sheltered life, therefore doesn't realize that the real world is smarter than all of her schemes.

Stepmom just came to her senses on case page and said she isn't answering any more questions (smart)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member