MO MO - Dennis Spriggs, 47, LaBelle, 15 July 1992

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Lucky, thank you for the update. May Roy RIP illness and pain free.

still no results- or if there are, no one is saying anything. I know that the FBI came and took Roy's body for special investigation, so he is part of this now as well. Three husbands remains, all being tested at the FBI at the same time... how many people can say that. In addition, the trust suit and the wrongful death suit are still moving along, but no court date set in either one. The two year mark of two of the husbands being exhumed are approaching in 2 weeks- doesn't that seem a little long to not have results back?

Oh- I also know that apparently there appears to be some real evidence that the embezzling at the chamber of commerce in Iowa was quite real, as well, the third family claims that they are missing significant funds. Also, it appears that Roy was worth more alive than the first husband was deceased, and the third husband was worth quadruple both of them. The third family claims they can't find money in the trust of over 7 figures...

Hey, Lucky2:

I hadn't checked the site for quite a while. Knowing what I have told you, I know in my heart that this happened and there is a killer on the loose. It just makes my skin crawl to know that some of it happened right under my nose. As I have said many times before, if Juanita were still alive a lot more information could be obtained. I wish that I would have paid a lot more attention when Juanita started talking about some of it.
I keep wanting to put all of my opinions, observations, etc. on this site but I am so afraid of "retaliation". Stay strong and call me if I can ever add anymore to help.

Hi cofinley- thanks for your post. I wish I could "download" all of your observations, opinions, etc. into my brain for analysis... I wish Juanita were still alive to tell us her opinions too. I came on here for the first time in about a month, and it was perfect timing to catch your comment from last night. I am going to be taking the stand in a wrongful death hearing for the third husband in about 9 days, so it is on my mind. I will be seeing her for the first time in over 4 years. You know what is the right thing to do for you, but if you ever decide to write your thoughts down, they could be the only voice that Juanita ever gets in this case- you know? Thx so much and take care of yourself. Thanks for caring about the case, and about Roy, and Juanita.

I hope that Roy's family forgives me for this one, but I think the person said it is ok to say... he said that they have proof of a $30,000.00 check that Roy wrote to the chamber of commerce to get my mother out of trouble for her embezzling scheme there. Far from his accusations of her embezzling money being a "sign of his insanity" as my mother proposed, he covered for her, then he got very ill after that. I wish so much she would've let me help her at that time when I tried to, or let Roy help her when he tried, but... not to be. Now we are at this point. I wish I could do something for her even now if it got her turned around in the right and safe direction, but I know that there is nothing that can be done. So much devastation...

lucky2 - My thoughts are with you. I have been reading the thread and am astounded at all you and your family have been through. The fact that it is not fiction is almost unbelievable. I wish all of the people involved in this sordid tale safety first and peace of mind second. Hold on to your strength and your resolve to do the right thing. You have much to be proud of. You have put the safety of your family first and that is absolutely as it should be. Just wanted to send along some good vibes. Keep up the good fight. You will get through this.

Lucky2, I had no idea that the wrongful death suit was finally getting close to a trial date. More importantly, I also didn't know that your were called to testify. I know how hard that will be for you. Just don't let your mom and her looks intimidate you like she has so many others. STAY STRONG!

I understand that you want my observations. I have been afraid to post here as I figured Jeanne could read it. Chicken that I am, I don't want my house to suddenly explode. Jeanne has a way of hurting other people and I don't want it to be me.

I will think real hard about it. Keep checking back to see if I have posted. In the meantime, please know that you will be in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep me updated. I don't want her to get away with all the death and destruction that she has caused.

Thanks cofinley, you know I almost wrote a p.s. to clarify what I meant by "write it down". I really meant as a record somewhere, not necessarily here, just something written since Juanita's journal was burned. If you choose to share it with the proper people at the proper time, maybe you'd feel safer then? Just a thought, but I also firmly believe that we all have our own internal set of instincts on what is safe for ourselves, and you should trust those feelings, I have learned the hard way! I did find out today that the paralegal made a mistake, and I am not taking the stand for at least 60 days. Next Tuesday is just a hearing. I was still asked to go however, so I will see her. The third family told me that she wasn't even their biological mother and they all had very physical reactions to seeing her in court, (shaking, nervous stomaches, etc.) And they said it'll be harder than I think. I will keep you posted somehow, and thank you so much for your support. There are no winners here...any way it turns out.

Hey, Luckey2:

I have decided to do it. I live in a busy household and I will guess that it will probably be about a week of working on it. But I'll do it. Every since our last talk, I have felt that this is something that I need to do. Have patience with me and I wil work hard on it.

Good for you Cofinley! It is very emotional to look back and remember our loved ones and what happened, so take your time and be patient with yourself. I think it is important that we write things down. "If you don't write it down it didn't happen".

One thing that came to mind this afternoon was how strange people's course of illnesses are related to this case. One example: Dennis Spriggs: He got "late onset food allergies" with gastro related issues to the point that it was hard for him to go to work. I looked up food allergies this afternoon, and food allergies are more related to immuno response patterns such as hives, or swelling, or difficulty breathing. When you start having severe gastro problems, it is more related to food poisoning than food allergies. It is also extrememly rare to have late onset food allergies.

Another example: Bruce Fulford: He got diagnosed with diabetic gastroperisis as the reason that he was vomiting for all of those months after every meal. The interesting thing is, that after he had his heart attack, and was given the artificial heart, then his diabetic gastroperisis went away. No more weight loss and violent vomiting- not even an issue anymore. That is not the normal course of that illness- it shouldn't get better like that. It got better when she went to Missouri that time as well- strange course. In addition, people visiting stopped vomiting at the house as much after his gastroperisis went away.

Another person: Roy Forgy: He had such a severe and rapid onset of his "illness" that he should've continued on that path. Instead, it was like an incident in his life- a dark incident- but one that he began to recover from slowly, never diagnosed, and went on to live another 10 years or so as he gradually walked away from "it".

Me: I know that my neurologist told me very candidly that I had suffered the most severe neurological attack he had ever seen- and I walked away as well, when really - I should be facing a handicap. I had "incidents" not an illness. (thank heavens!)

My daughter's eyes- same thing: Normal eye test, eats the candy, then severe eye issues which gradually improve over a course of 6 months and have not returned in 4 years. It was an "incident".

Anyway.. just my thoughts as Bruce's hearing approaches- how did he recover so nicely from that gastroperisis... ?

Belinda I forgot to thank you for your kind words above- thank you.

Lucky, It's great to see things moving forward. I think of you often and worry about the pressure you must be under.

Thanks Suzi Q, and thanks for giving me a place to chat. I will let you know when the actual trial starts if you feel like heading to Logan anytime... take care and thanks for all you do as always.

I forgot to ask my question: in your experience (websleuthers) would the fbi lie about whether they have results in on tests yet? It's been well over 2 years since my dad and Bruce were exhumed. The fbi says that their machine broke at quantico. They've been saying that for nearly a year now. Does that sound right?

I started on it last night. The computer was not cooperating today. Finally got it figured out and now "the old man" is grumping that I'm back here on the computer again.

As soon as I get a goodly amount typed, I will post it in "sections".

Keep the Faith!!!

I forgot to ask my question: in your experience (websleuthers) would the fbi lie about whether they have results in on tests yet? It's been well over 2 years since my dad and Bruce were exhumed. The fbi says that their machine broke at quantico. They've been saying that for nearly a year now. Does that sound right?

I think it's possible the FBI would keep info close to the vest to protect their case. But a machine broke for a year seems like a long time.

Thx SuziQ, it is feeling a little bit unusual to me. I actually sent some of my fathers samples to a lab for some private testing last fall because I was tired of waiting, and one substance came back in their report as of "toxicological significance". I haven't even turned the report in, I decided the fbi tests will be more conclusive. I do not know it the report is true or if they just worded it funny...but it did happen to be a substance already found in someone else already. Sammy has a tumor being tested there as well for this case..I wish they would conclude something.

Cofinley, when you mentioned your safety concerns, I want to just mention to you what Roy apparently told his family, which is don't accept any mail or open any packages from her. I would think that should be the only thing you keep your eye on, its not really her M.O. to burn a house down at this point. I don't want to sound over cautious, but just eep that in mind.

Thx SuziQ, it is feeling a little bit unusual to me. I actually sent some of my fathers samples to a lab for some private testing last fall because I was tired of waiting, and one substance came back in their report as of "toxicological significance". I haven't even turned the report in, I decided the fbi tests will be more conclusive. I do not know it the report is true or if they just worded it funny...but it did happen to be a substance already found in someone else already. Sammy has a tumor being tested there as well for this case..I wish they would conclude something.

Cofinley, when you mentioned your safety concerns, I want to just mention to you what Roy apparently told his family, which is don't accept any mail or open any packages from her. I would think that should be the only thing you keep your eye on, its not really her M.O. to burn a house down at this point. I don't want to sound over cautious, but just eep that in mind.

I remember that conversation cofinley, I was so relieved to have seen your name on something related to Juanita. I had searched for anyone that might know or remember Juanita, and after all of those years, I finally found someone- thank you so much for telling what you remember during that time because no one else was really there except Roy and Juanita! What happened in Ottumwa has always been such a mystery.

I apologize for posting my message twice yesterday, I did it from my phone and made a mistake or two.

I just keep remembering little bits here and there as I type. I will continue to work some daily. Every few days, when I have accumulated more pages, I will post. I don't know why, but for some reason I feel and urgency to do this and get it done.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back