MO MO - Dennis Spriggs, 47, LaBelle, 15 July 1992

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
WELCOME TO WEBSLEUTHS SOCALSLAU!!!!! (and lucky2..... you hang in there girl! I think of you often!)

Socal, so you say that you are the exwife of one of one of the sons of one of the husbands that were murdered? (there were so many names in this case and I get confused easy so I say I am sorry in advance for the question)...

What was your personal experience with this woman? Did you ever have anything strange happen?

Great to see you here btw! Websleuths is a great place with great people.

duh I feel stupid!!!! lol I see that you did state who was who and all that.... gotta love those menopause moments!

I met her twice, once when they began dating and on their wedding day, and then I divorced Roy's son shortly after their wedding. I knew Roy, not well, but I still talk to his son's periodically. Since my daughter is Roy's granddaughter, I have kept up a little with the sequence of events since he met Jeanne. I have just spoken to his oldest son and he had no knowledge of this case, so out of respect for them, I'll wait and let him digest the information before I post any personal experiences.

ohhh noooo did you say that Roy has kidney cancer??? How far progressed is it? That breaks my heart... everyone is getting cancer :( Thanks for posting here socalslau. I probably met you at the wedding oh so long ago. Please let me know about Roy, I've always cared about him and felt like I let him down. I am so sorry you had to learn about any of this on an internet chat- I hope your family is okay learning about cancer and this issue all in the same day.

socalslau, welcome to WS! That is sad news to hear about Roy.

I'm wondering if you have been in contact, or if anyone has been, with either of Roy's sons. I talked to his youngest today (my ex) and he said he knew a little about it but not much and that I should contact his brother. I'd be interested to know.

No one has talked to Roy that I know of, but I know that his brother is Roy's guardian- and is aware of the situation to a certain degree- and may have even been interviewed already by FBI, not sure. Now that I know that people are stumbling across this blog I will have to apologize after the fact if I've said anything to offend anyone- and anything I have said here is my own experience, and I know that there is another side to this story- I just wish we could get that other side. When I first got sick, it was many years ago- about 8 weeks after Roy's and JF's divorce was final, and she was getting married in about 4 weeks. I had asked her very pointedly what happened to Roy, and why was she moving on so fast, and why it appeared to be for the money, and soon after was the first time I was gravely ill. Roy had forgotten his way around his home town- well.. I was getting lost in my town too. I had to pull over and ask my husband to come get me cuz I was lost many times. I lost sensations in my body, couldn't feel the steering wheel in my hands when I was driving, had stroke like activities like Roy did. I started imagining a few weird things like he did too- I thought I saw my own body jump in front of a big semi truck, and asked my husband to hold on to me because I was seeing myself jump in front of it! I was trying to get out of moving cars.. I couldn't speak right, I would stutter. I lost use of my hands entirely at some point- not able to write, or hold my food. I was falling down, and from the 4 week period that my illness started, I was so bad that my muscles in my feet were twitching uncontrollably, I had so little strength in my legs that I fell a lot, and was moved in a wheel chair out of state so my mother-in-law could care for me while my mother got married. It was pure hell............. So many of the things that happened to me were similar to Roy's illness that it stayed in my head over the years until I started putting things together. brutal embarassing honesty above.

She would have to answer ANY question asked at a depo. Her attorney can object on record, but she has to answer. If she refuses, then a judge can compel her to do so, and judges usually do.

I would imagine, but do not know for sure, that any info in a depo can be used by LE.

Hi guys, been lurking for awhile....first post here. At any time during a criminal or civil proceeding-- i.e. depo, court, pre-trial, etc., JF can invoke her fifth amendment rights.

Lucky, I was wondering if you would make the lawsuit doc public so I can have a look at it.

Lucky.....God Bless You!!!

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/10633694/snapshots-of-mayo-clinic-record

I want to give this to roy's family that is on here looking- I was careful to leave any birthdates, social sec. #'s etc. out. I have this scanned into my computer and could only picture snap shot out a few things- the first thing I wrote on there was just a link to something about kidney cancer I wanted you to notice, (smoking puts people at increased risk as well as the item I highlighted for your review.) I also just want to leave this up for a day or two for you. I don't know if this is helpful to you, or bothersome, just about 6 to 8 lines from a record. I am only putting this up here to help you put your thoughts together, no other reason. Things are complicated, and I don't supposed to know anything more than anyone else, so- for your review-

Hi guys, been lurking for awhile....first post here. At any time during a criminal or civil proceeding-- i.e. depo, court, pre-trial, etc., JF can invoke her fifth amendment rights.

Lucky, I was wondering if you would make the lawsuit doc public so I can have a look at it.

Hi Kathee, it is very general-I will work on getting it linked back up for a day or two- sorry for the inconvenience, I just didn't want it to be viewed indefinately out there since it is the third family's document- but it is also a public document...

If I post anything else on here ever again it will just be things she wrote to me as her side of the story since she isn't on here to defend herself, and she refuses to speak about it. That would be more fair- I did want to extend myself a little to Roy's family because it is such web to untangle. Words smirds i say- documents help a lot to arrive at conclusions.

Kathee, this is kinda weird that you are from the Ozarks because I was baptized catholic as a baby, so I had Godparents, and they were from the Ozarks! Small world.

Kathee, this is kinda weird that you are from the Ozarks because I was baptized catholic as a baby, so I had Godparents, and they were from the Ozarks! Small world.

Yeah, the Ozarks are a beautiful place to live and visit. Where were your Godparent's from?

In about a month or so it is going to be absolutely beautiful around here with the fall changing all the trees into a myriad of colors.

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/10641230/edited-vs-of-complaint
ok.. i have a new link to this document- hope it helps. I made my other documents private unless they were her side of the story. If I need to unlock one let me know at some point. I am not sure where my Godparents were from because I only met them when I was very young. He was my dad's boss at combined insurance, and his name was BOB! That's all I remember. My parents claimed to have moved 25 times (?) in their marriage of 24 years, with a long 8 year stop at that old house at Spring Lake in Kirksville Missouri. I think it was the bagnel dam area...

ok.. i made the roy thing private now- i left it up for 2 days. i think some of that content may be needed in court (if it ever gets there) but I wanted the family to see it if they wanted. I really appreciated the information about Roy, and if someone wanted to let me know how he is doing they could even private message me, or I guess I could call Glenn... I have information I could give to Roy's family (contacts, sequence of events stuff, etc.) if they wanted, but I really can't post them here.

Hi Lucky2,

I'm Clint, Roy's oldest son. I know we met at Jeanne and Roy's wedding but I've slept since then so details are fuzzy. :) I do remember I was shocked that he was going to get married.

Roy alluded to being poisoned a time or two but I'm not sure anyone took it seriously. I wasn't aware of any FBI investigation. I would certainly be interested in "contacts, sequence of events stuff, etc." I'm not sure how to contact you other than anonymously on here but I'd love to hear what you know. Details have been ... vague somewhat. I didn't get a chance to view the docs from the Mayo Clinic but I'd like to someday. It doesn't have to be public; I'll let you pick.

I have always known in my heart something "unusual" happened to Roy but I've always thought if something was going to happen about it then it would be hands-off as far as I was concerned. I can't say I would have ever suspected Jeanne. I didn't know her that well, but I think she had the most mournful eyes I've ever seen in my life.

As for Roy, we brought him to Missouri for high school graduation this past May. My wife noticed first that he didn't seem to have his sense of humor - which has been a mere shell of what it was years ago - but then again he turned 70 this summer. He's his old sharp self sometimes, but ...

As for you ... there's no need for "brutal embarassing honesty". Nothing you or I could've done would change what's happened, if it did happen. I'm sure you and I will look each other in the eye again someday, and I want you to know up front I have no hard feelings of any kind. My only interest is knowing what happened.

I don't know how to go about privately trading contact info so that's up to someone with greater expertise on here.

Hang in there ... if it gets ugly we can still get through it all ...

Clint so nice to hear from you. Thank you. I notice that you are not able to receive private messages for some reason, but I did send you a visitors message. If you click on your own name in the above right corner after you log in it will take you to your page so you can see it. I remember being shocked that they were getting married too since they had just met and were engaged in less than a week, and married about 8 weeks later! I guess when you're older you just move faster? Anyway, we were "steps" and never really met other than that, so I don't remember much either of you guys. I am relieved to be able to hand "anything Roy" over to your hands, and I hope we do meet again some day. Please give Roy a hug from me, and tell him I am sorry to hear about his kidney cancer.-

cforgy, welcome to WS. It's really great to have family members here.

Lucky, Regarding member to member contact. WS has it set up that you need a certain amount of posts before you can contact other members one on one. It's a built in protection from harrassment and such from the outside. That's my understanding of it anyways. I'm not sure how many posts you need before you can contact another member one on one. One of the mods might be able to help you two out.

Hi Clint,

Would you mind emailing me at mishmac@earthlink.net? I'm working on this story (with Lucky2's permission) and would love to talk with you, either on or off the record. We've been trying to reach a member of the Forgy family for a while and have had a little trouble making a connection. I can tell you more after you email me. I really appreciate it!

Thanks,
Michelle

This post is to everyone I've been talking to over the past many months. When I came on here, it was because I had no one to talk to, the police and fbi had stopped talking basically, I didn't talk to friends about it, and only a couple of managers at my office who were involved because of my mother calling in and saying I was going to die even knew about this. It had been over a year since the exhumations, and still no report. I have never been through this- I was feeling very alone and I decided to reach out for some help on here. It is easier/safer to reach out to complete strangers than to people you know! I saw you guys as strangers before, but am now seeing that you are friends. I am seeing that other people have seen this blog and joined in, and now I am feeling like it would be unfair to my mother to say anything more as she has a right to a fair trial if it ever gets there. I think i've been very clear through the past months that I am speaking about things that I have experienced, and that I do not know the truth for sure. If there is any doubt to that, I want to clear it up by saying that just because someone has a series of misfortunes, it does not make them guilty. It might hurt all of us around that person, but it does not make the person guilty. I still love my mother even through all of this, and if she ever reached out to me I would do my best to help her resolve all of this in the easiest way possible for her. Even though I am the one that rang the bell initially, it does not mean that I would not say and do everything to get her the help she needs so that everyone, including her, can be safe and healthy. I just want to say good-bye to all of you friends that I have made out here, and that when you hear from me again it will be to tell you resolutions one way or another- Michelle if you write a story, I am convinced that you will carefully look at all sides of the coin, and not just take my opinions into account. Kathee thank you for your insight to me, and all of you websleuthers are very good at what you do. How would I have made it through without you??? Lots of love to all of you, and God bless the other families involved.

Lucky, god bless you and good luck with the case. I look forward to hearing from you about a resolution.

I have not posted on this site before because my boss, Lucky2, may not want me to expose myself (hmm, not the right word, expose), rather, represent. I'm the PI that started this investigation and I'm thinking I need to find a way to conclude it for Lucky2's piece of mind. I have an ongoing discussion taking place presently in a international PI group about this case. We'll see what shakes out.

not the update I was planning on:
http://www.ottumwacourier.com/deathnotices/local_story_272000014.html/resources_printstory

September 28, 2009 11:59 pm

— OTTUMWA — Roy D. Forgy, 70, formerly of Ottumwa, died at 3:10 a.m. Sept. 28, 2009, at Country Life Health Care in Oskaloosa.
Arrangements are pending at Reece Funeral Home.

I am so sorry to Roy's family. I spoke to Roy for one time only since he and my mother got a divorce. I spoke to him this Christmas, and I told him I was sorry I hadn't helped him when he got sick, and he told me it was ok. That was about all we said, and I told him I loved him. I think the call helped me- didn't do much for him, but I am so glad I was allowed to speak to him one time. If there is anything I can do for the family let me know- my love.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back