MO MO - Dennis Spriggs, 47, LaBelle, 15 July 1992

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
As somebody else said, you definitely need to let whoever is investigating know this, so they can check into whether these salt shakers are still available to test.

I'm also wondering, after you describe her checking the salt shakers, whether the incident at Thanksgiving where so many people got sick, was inadvertent due to her mistaking a "dirty" salt shaker with a "clean" one? Not that it makes a difference in the end, but it might explain why her M.O. on that one seems so different from the more pointed incidents when a single individual was targeted.

I think that the FBI skipped searching for salt, and went straight for what's in bodies. (Sounds morbid...) I am not sure why. I do know that since roy was looking through his cabinets and had his spices out, that maybe landauxvassie and cforgy should take a peek in those to see if anything unusual looking is still around that house. I searched my mom's house twice after that incident where I caught her with them, and all the shakers had vanished...no where to be found. I looked everywhere except her room because I couldn't get to that location with bruce in there all the time.

I do think that some people just got sic, but not intentionally targeted, as something specifically prepared for bruce may have been eaten by others, or the shake of the wrong shaker could've happened for sure. People stopped throwing up there so much after Bruce stopped throwing up so much, so there is a correlation.

so- my only Aunt called me today... and she has had so many losses that I am sure she sees thing from an older, wiser, or at least different perspective, but she is trying to tell me that I should put everything behind me, and come to some type of an agreement that works to have my mom back in my life. She said that she'll die someday and that we can't just leave things like this.

I told her that I have kids to raise and I don't feel safe. She said that whatever was done, or not done- we have to put things in a place that we can all deal with and just move on. (like not eating at her house- meet at a park to eat.)

I asked her if during all of these deaths, and losing her daughter to this also, if she has ever heard my mom cry- and she was quiet for a good 10 seconds, and then she said.. "no".

I told her that kinda creeped me out, then she said... wait.. wait- she cried one time when she was talking about my dad's death, but it really wasn't about my dad she was crying, it was something about missing her hometown of LaBelle.

I asked her if my mom ever is upset about losing me over this at all, and she said, "well, she doesn't go that far, but she does tell me she's glad that I keep tabs on you."

She also said, "I know a lot of things about your mom that I will never ever say- I've known her since I was 5 years old. So, I know all of your concerns, but we need to find a way to come to an agreement."

:( Love my Aunt, but the idea doesn't sound responsible.

I know you love your Aunt, but are you sure SHE is ok? People have died and she wants to put it behind and go on, etc? Cause SHE will die one day? Is she serious????? She sounds a bit unemphatetic and like there are two apples that feel from the same tree. If she having regular conversations with your mother and can't see how dangerous she is, stay away from both of them and their drama.

ETA: do you really need anyone around making you feel guilty?

I think that the FBI skipped searching for salt, and went straight for what's in bodies. (Sounds morbid...) I am not sure why.
That seems odd since they have seemed to imply to you that they may not be able to prove it was directly from her hand (or was that just in the candy incident?).

I know you love your Aunt, but are you sure SHE is ok? People have died and she wants to put it behind and go on, etc? Cause SHE will die one day? Is she serious????? She sounds a bit unemphatetic and like there are two apples that feel from the same tree. If she having regular conversations with your mother and can't see how dangerous she is, stay away from both of them and their drama.

ETA: do you really need anyone around making you feel guilty?

she's really not okay suziq... except for this situation with my mother I am very respectful of my older relatives. I think that their point of view should be considered regardless because they have more experiences, and I need to try to learn from whatever parts I can. I actually prefer to have older friends too because I love learning from them! In my aunts case, I won't disrespect her to say what is wrong, but she is barely making it through. I am trying to get anything positive out of the conversation with her, and perhaps I can just take away that she loves me, she tolerates all types of behaviors and still loves her relatives, and that even though the message seems wrong, she is saying it with best intentions. I don't know how to think of it other than that...it does seem manipulative in a way when you put it the way you did...

That seems odd since they have seemed to imply to you that they may not be able to prove it was directly from her hand (or was that just in the candy incident?).

I was told that a search warrant was coming down one time, then because they couldn't name the specific substance they were looking for they couldn't get one. Once we knew what was in my daughter, then they couldn't get a search warrant because they said it was a case that could never be "proven" because I handed my daughter the candy, not my mother, and so they didn't get a search warrant. Other than those two times, I don't think it was ever even considered a possibility to do a search because what are they searching for specifically. I was confused that exhuming bodies seemed to get approval but searching a house didn't? What a strange thing...disturbing graves is okay, but not houses.

Cforgy could you post that little 15 sec phone call where she talks about the salt? Also, if you have the hour long one in mp3 format (not the detective one, the other one) could you send that to me so that I can try to make some snippets? If you don't have them let me know and I'll have my hub help me.

Lucky2, I don't have either of those. The only audio file I have is the interview. I can put those two on our server if you'd like, or keep them private. Either way, I would definitely like copies of those two for archive purposes.

ok... gonna send to you the smallest file first- the hour long one is such a large file I am going to need some help from my hub, and then I'll send you the full copy and do some snippets for on here. Sorry I didn't send it to you before... (I would still love a copy of that 30k check Roy wrote to The Chamber of Commerce in Iowa for my records.) I promised to send you anything I had regarding your father, and I guess I missed it- because it definately has to do with Roy.

Feel free to just post the entire 15 seconds or so of the clip I am sending to you in the next few minutes because there is absolutely nothing in it about Bruce, so it's okay to put up here.

Lucky2, I don't have either of those. The only audio file I have is the interview. I can put those two on our server if you'd like, or keep them private. Either way, I would definitely like copies of those two for archive purposes.

cforgy emailed me this link:

http://forgy.org/audio/Salt_Shakers.wav

Thanks for setting that up, I appreciate it. I realize that after reading a few posts from people who find this easier to understand with something coming straight from her mouth, that I could find better help from you all if you hear the actual communication rather than me reciting it.

I sound very dead in this audio- I had been emotionally overwhelmed from our earlier hour long conversation, and I also had been rear-ended in a car wreck that totalled my car about 4 days before so I was physically wiped out also.

This was recorded in early April of 2006

Lucky - I hope my last post didn't sound too harsh. I wasn't trying to be overbearing, but when I read what your aunt was saying, it scared me to death. I fear for your safety. I know you are too smart to let yourself be put in danger again. I was just completely freaked out by the things your aunt said to you. Honestly though, I think you have done a fantastic job in handling all of this and you have my deepest respect.

Honestly though, I think you have done a fantastic job in handling all of this and you have my deepest respect.

I'll second that. Lucky2's a survivor, she's gonna make it through this. Mom sounds very manic on the audio when she solves the Great Salt Mystery.

she's really not okay suziq... except for this situation with my mother I am very respectful of my older relatives. I think that their point of view should be considered regardless because they have more experiences, and I need to try to learn from whatever parts I can. I actually prefer to have older friends too because I love learning from them! In my aunts case, I won't disrespect her to say what is wrong, but she is barely making it through. I am trying to get anything positive out of the conversation with her, and perhaps I can just take away that she loves me, she tolerates all types of behaviors and still loves her relatives, and that even though the message seems wrong, she is saying it with best intentions. I don't know how to think of it other than that...it does seem manipulative in a way when you put it the way you did...

I feel so bad for the position you are put in. It's a tough one for sure! Hang in there Lucky.

Lucky - I hope my last post didn't sound too harsh. I wasn't trying to be overbearing, but when I read what your aunt was saying, it scared me to death. I fear for your safety. I know you are too smart to let yourself be put in danger again. I was just completely freaked out by the things your aunt said to you. Honestly though, I think you have done a fantastic job in handling all of this and you have my deepest respect.

This is exactly what I went through and hope my post didn't come off harsh as well.

No way could I take what you guys say to help as too harsh. If I need to hear something, lay it on me :) I'll work on the snippets later tonight from the other tape and send to you cforgy.

I'll second that. Lucky2's a survivor, she's gonna make it through this. Mom sounds very manic on the audio when she solves the Great Salt Mystery.

My turn to agree with Belinda and cforgy. It scared me also that your aunt is trying to get you to see your mother and let the past go. I know that she has known your mother for many, many years (Didn't she and Jimmy date in high school? Maybe not---maybe just a wrong "memory" on my part.) ---maybe she knows what may be behind these behaviors and is trying to rationalize that your mother can't help herself. That said---I still don't see how she can get over your mother's possible hand in her husband's death, nor do I see how she can overlook all the things that have happened to you and your daughter (not to mention other family members), and then ask you to put yourself back into that situation. I would hope that she would share whatever information that she might have to try to get your mother whatever help she might need and to keep others out of danger.

I also felt that J. sounded "manic" (although I was struggling for the right word---thank you, cforgy!) during the call. She sounded hurried and nervous and like she was giving a last ditch effort with what she thought was a better and more convincing explanation about those shakers. Not believable at all.

PLEASE don't listen to Carole. Please stay strong and stick with your instincts. AT the very least, you will be staying out of a stressful situation and keeping your family safe from any possible attempts on her part. Yes, you will be keeping your mother out of your life, and that can be heartbreaking, BUT in my experience, blood is not an excuse for blindness to someone's suspect behavior, and is NOT a reason to put yourself and/or your family at risk. History has proven that blood relatives sometimes do the very worst possible things to family members.
Stay safe.

I'll admit that this is difficult going through this recorded message because I find myself wanting to believe every word she says even though I know I shouldn't. I can see why I used to think I was going crazy...

I figured out how to snip parts of the recording, and I think I have figured out how to post this shared file, so let's see if this small one works. In this one, I summoned up the question I wanted to ask her for so long- why are so many people getting sick:

http://www.4shared.com/audio/8soFrTyp/Jeanne1_why_are_people_sick.html

Roomie- yes... My Aunt Carole dated my mom's little brother Jim. Apparently she walked up to my grandma when she was 5, in the little town of LaBelle, and said, "I'm going to marry Jimmy Howard one day." My grandma said, "that's nice". They went from kindergarten through medical school together, and got married right out of high school- so they spent their entire lives together- and she completely fell apart when he died a few years ago. Very sad...

This is exactly what I went through and hope my post didn't come off harsh as well.

SuziQ I think it was last year when you told me that everyone here on WebSleuths has a story. When you guys tell me that you have been through something similar, I listen- because that's why you are such a good group to talk to. You've been through these types of things... unfortunately!

Another clip where I asked "what would dad say happened to him if here I could talk to him." (because she had told me that one time, 'believe me, that man knows what happened')

Interestingly at the first part of this little clip she says that Roy accused her of shooting my dad, but in an email she told me that Roy accused her of poisoning my dad, and that "that's what started all the problems with Roy was saying that she'd poisoned my dad."

http://www.4shared.com/audio/OgwH3s5O/Jeanne1_what_would_dad_say.html

the salt clip from the 1st call... about 5 minutes long.

http://www.4shared.com/audio/PBomE8Jc/Jeanne1_salt_first_call.html

I admit to being frustrated by this point in the conversation because I was feeling like she was being trite with serious subjects, laughing when I was being serious, and even thought the stories she told me were sounding true if it was your first time hearing them... the stories were never consistent if you asked the same question the next day. So- you can hear my frustration- but you can also hear how completely honest and confused she really sounds that she has no idea what I am talking about with the salt episode. Sometimes I wonder if she really did forget. She really sounds genuinely confused.

the salt clip from the 1st call... about 5 minutes long.

http://www.4shared.com/audio/PBomE8Jc/Jeanne1_salt_first_call.html

I admit to being frustrated by this point in the conversation because I was feeling like she was being trite with serious subjects, laughing when I was being serious, and even thought the stories she told me were sounding true if it was your first time hearing them... the stories were never consistent if you asked the same question the next day. So- you can hear my frustration- but you can also hear how completely honest and confused she really sounds that she has no idea what I am talking about with the salt episode. Sometimes I wonder if she really did forget. She really sounds genuinely confused.
We fixed a "community" lunch at Juanita's almost every working day. Someone would volunteer to do the bulk of the meal, and we all would chip in to set it out and clean it up. We always seasoned everything. There were S & P shakers all over Juanita's home, on the stove, counter, kitchen table, and the formal dining room table. (I even kept a salt shaker in my desk drawer. I was a "saltaholic" and frequently ate and/or snacked at my desk.) That keeps popping into my mind. I do know that Juanita's illness and death could not have happened from (tainted) salt. But, I do keep wondering about her "male" friend, Jim. Jeanne just couldn't stand him. She was always lecturing Juanita that he shouldn't be hanging around her apartment during regular, "business" hours. And during their association of the ad agency, he was found in his home, dead, of an apparent heart attack. From my memory, it seems that his death occurred about the time J's & J's business relationship was beginning to sour. I just keep going over that time in my mind
trying to think of any little unusual thing. But, I don't come up with anything.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back