MO MO - Dennis Spriggs, 47, LaBelle, 15 July 1992

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
K, one last comment while on the creepie topic, then we can just forget aaaalllllll about it! The reason I got spooked last night and wrote that comment is because I was reading another thread in here about utahmen burning in cars, and missizzy wrote something up about how the dates of the deaths interested her because they were close to the dates on some satanic witchcraft calendar. Sooo like an idiot I clicked on the link, and saw that bruce and my grandmother both died on big "blood sacrifice holidays". I just was so frustrated when I saw that, because there is so much to all of this, and I hate it that this even entertained my brain for a while last night, but I did really talk myself into some really nutty ideas for a while. Sometimes when you have 1000 pieces to put into a 500 piece jigsaw puzzled like this one, they just don't all fit, but you end up looking at a few extra pieces along the way of solving it that you sure wish you didn't have to.

Lucky -

I think if your mom was into anything satanic, you would have known it long ago. Not impossible, but improbable. I applaud you for seeking to explore all possible explanations for the events that have rocked your life. That is the smart thing to do. In this case, you checked it out and were able to discount that possibility. Nothing wrong with checking it out as you never know.

Lucky -

I think if your mom was into anything satanic, you would have known it long ago. Not impossible, but improbable. I applaud you for seeking to explore all possible explanations for the events that have rocked your life. That is the smart thing to do. In this case, you checked it out and were able to discount that possibility. Nothing wrong with checking it out as you never know.

the process of accepting or seeing any of these events over the past decades has been the equivalent of accepting she'd been abducted by aliens or something- seriously. I'll sit there and say, "none of this really happened, I need to have my decisions made for me by men in long white coats!" then i'll go over board and think the other way sometimes, like- wow- she caused hurricane katrina maybe! (exaggeration of course.) and the truth lies somewhere in the middle obviously. What a mind trip though-

the process of accepting or seeing any of these events over the past decades has been the equivalent of accepting she'd been abducted by aliens or something- seriously. I'll sit there and say, "none of this really happened, I need to have my decisions made for me by men in long white coats!" then i'll go over board and think the other way sometimes, like- wow- she caused hurricane katrina maybe! (exaggeration of course.) and the truth lies somewhere in the middle obviously. What a mind trip though-

Mind trip is absolutely right! I will tell you that we have not found anything satanic in the house in Ottumwa. Roy did burn some stuff and we will never know what, but he didn't mention anything about that subject when he spoke of being poisoned.

As for your mother not showing herself, I will believe that she was feeling somewhat creeped out about herself at that particular point in time and it was a small twinge of a guilty conscience making her hide herself in a completely darkened home and refusing to properly greet family. Or perhaps there were some souls visiting her that evening and it scared her enough to become paranoid?

I'll apologize in advance for my snarkiness and hope you know that no matter my feelings or opinions of your mother, I respect you greatly!

Let's pretend for a minute that this is all some sort of Satanic, what, ritual? or something. What really would that change about the actual facts? It doesn't really look like it would change much, other than perhaps which mental diagnosis your mother might fall under, and I don't think any of us are qualified to determine that. What has happened is tragic. Speculating on a Satanic connection doesn't seem to be very helpful, so I think it should just be dismissed, for your own sake. But I really can't blame you for wondering. So much weirdness all over this thread. I still find myself wanting to say, nah, can't be true. It's that old line, truth is stranger than fiction.

That's a good way to look at it mom2six, who cares why the events are what they are, they just "are". I sure spin out on the "why" a lot. I think I am looking for the quick fix three-sentence summary response to all of this so that I can button it up neatly, label it, tuck it away, and move on. Perhaps I should look at more like the pillar of salt and Lot's wife...no looking back! Just run!!!

Snarky is my new favorite word landauxvassie...thx lol

On a more serious note, the more I learn about the truth of her life, the more I am learning that either she really doesn't grasp the truth of important events in her life, or she doesn't care about them and just fills in details as she goes. The why's, how's, etc of this I don't know, but I sure wish whatever is afflicting her would stop. And I can't make it stop...so............ I've found out how human I really am through all of this. Quite humbling.

I started balling, literally sobbing at the end of nanny mcfee returns. My daughter asked me why, and I said, well...their dad was supposedly dead, and now he comes walking back into their lives...I guess it made me think about how many people I wish could walk back into my life, but it won't happen like the movies.

That's a good way to look at it mom2six, who cares why the events are what they are, they just "are". I sure spin out on the "why" a lot. I think I am looking for the quick fix three-sentence summary response to all of this so that I can button it up neatly, label it, tuck it away, and move on. Perhaps I should look at more like the pillar of salt and Lot's wife...no looking back! Just run!!!

Snarky is my new favorite word landauxvassie...thx lol

The problem is, she hasn't used normal logic in her behavior in a very long time, so normal, logical minds like ours are simply not going to fathom her "why". It can be a kind of torture to try to "get" it. Looking for something that just isn't there. But because we're human, we want to know why. It will never make sense, because what she has done is senseless. Hang on to your kiddos and praise God you DON'T understand. You're healthy!

On a more serious note, the more I learn about the truth of her life, the more I am learning that either she really doesn't grasp the truth of important events in her life, or she doesn't care about them and just fills in details as she goes. The why's, how's, etc of this I don't know, but I sure wish whatever is afflicting her would stop. And I can't make it stop...so............ I've found out how human I really am through all of this. Quite humbling.

I think she lives in her own reality, which doesn't really resemble our own, at all. Her mind has been trained by her behavior to reinterpret what is according to her delusions. She has self-imposed blinders, which I'm not even sure she can remove at this point. Then she would have to face the reality of what she is done. That would destroy her. So this is how she copes. I imagine, unless somehow she ends up in inpatient treatment, she will only get worse as she continues to deny truth.

The problem is, she hasn't used normal logic in her behavior in a very long time, so normal, logical minds like ours are simply not going to fathom her "why". It can be a kind of torture to try to "get" it. Looking for something that just isn't there. But because we're human, we want to know why. It will never make sense, because what she has done is senseless. Hang on to your kiddos and praise God you DON'T understand. You're healthy!

BBM... this deserved to be repeated!! :D

hmmm I am wondering if mom2six is a clinical psychologist or lived through someone like this before!

I have been communicating with roomie via email, and Belinda via p.m. , and I just want to thank both of them so much. Belinda xoxoxoxoxoxo for being so confidential and for being such a well -connected researcher and helping me track down a few things. and Roomie- she has so much information and is clearing up so many things from long ago for me by clearing up stories for me, and realizing how far back this may have started with the "fabricating" or "not being in touch with the truth" thing started.

landauxvassie- i am wondering... there are two national news programs looking for this story and wondering what families will talk. I'll be honest when I say of all of the husband, or anyone, Roy's is the craziest story of all- and if you ever want to let his story be heard- p.m. me because you will have a voice it sounds like-

everyone else seemed to die a lot more "quietly". Roy went out fighting!

Salem said he removed something on one of my posts because I did something called "inviting" which I didn't mean to do. I don't see anything removed yet- so if it looks like something I just said didn't make sense, I'll correct it later. gotta run now. Thanks Salem. :)

hmmm I am wondering if mom2six is a clinical psychologist or lived through someone like this before!

I have been communicating with roomie via email, and Belinda via p.m. , and I just want to thank both of them so much. Belinda xoxoxoxoxoxo for being so confidential and for being such a well -connected researcher and helping me track down a few things. and Roomie- she has so much information and is clearing up so many things from long ago for me by clearing up stories for me, and realizing how far back this may have started with the "fabricating" or "not being in touch with the truth" thing started.

landauxvassie- i am wondering... there are two national news programs looking for this story and wondering what families will talk. I'll be honest when I say of all of the husband, or anyone, Roy's is the craziest story of all- and if you ever want to let his story be heard- p.m. me because you will have a voice it sounds like-

Please don't thank me lucky. I have done very little. Just some coordinating. Anything substantial has come from others who are much more experienced than I. Happy to do what I can though.

You don't need to thank me either, Lucky! I'm just doing what I can to help the daughter/granddaughter/niece of old and dear friends---and it hasn't amounted to much. I'll keep trying though. Hang in there.

Roomie and Belinda, sometimes the little things mean a lot- but you both are doing more than "little things" in my mind. So- thank you.

I just wanted to leave a few good memories of Jeanne that I have up here. I really am going to do my very best to try to leave this all behind me, in some forgotten place in my head, but I am cursed with a memory that I am sometimes not sure is helpful. For example, I mourned my paternal grandmother’s passing yesterday- she will always be in my heart. Her birthday would have been yesterday. I really don’t know if another human on the earth even knows it was her birthday! It doesn’t mean they don’t remember her, or still love her, it’s just that some of these dates stick in my head and I loved these people, and I will always remember their important dates I think. I remember one time being at my maternal grandmother’s house, and getting ready for the day in LaBelle, and she said, “What are you getting ready for? It’s just family- you don’t have to worry about the way you look.” I told her that to me, there wasn’t anyone else in the world more important to me than my family, so maybe I shouldn’t bother getting ready to go to other places over getting ready for family. She just looked at me for a while and said, “you have a good point there!” The point to that little story is that I will never be the same without all of them, but I am going to do the best I can with what I have left so that I would make them proud someday. (the ones that don’t hate me that is.) Anyway, my point is, that of everyone that was so important to me, truly my mother was always at the top of the list. I want to write a few things I remember about her that were wonderful also.

I just remember that my mother taught me to read when I was still 3 years old, she read to us every night that I can remember really. She taught me to brush my hair upside down 100 times a day to make it shinier, and how to push down the cuticles on my nails. She taught me to play the piano, and I graduated from the virtuoso book by 3rd grade. She was the best piano player I have ever heard in person. She smiled a lot, even when I knew she was sad or her mind somewhere else. I was her oldest, so whenever mothers had to come to our classes at school, my mother was nearly always the youngest, and the prettiest I thought, so I was always proud to have her as my mother.

She was home alone with us one Halloween at Spring Lake, and my dad had one of the $200 cars out somewhere working, and we had the other one. It was a jeep with no top on it, but she was determined to take us trick-or-treating even though there was a storm. We all got into our very homemade costumes, into the jeep, and took off down the rocky road to our nearest neighbors who were home almost 2 miles away. It was pouring rain on us, so we had cardboard boxes over our heads to keep us as dry as possible. We got to the home, not sure if they were there or not, but we tried, and then we drove back home sopping wet!

I can’t remember her ever fully succeeding in making our lives easy growing up once we moved to Spring Lake, but I do remember her trying. I think a little learned helplessness set in over time with her. Before Spring Lake, I remember her taking me to a town that was half an hour away so that I could have gymnastics lessons rather than the local lessons because the instructor said I was doing well. She also took me to tap lessons, swimming lessons, and to the pool every day it wasn’t raining in the summer time. I remember her making us homemade meals, and the house was clean in those earlier years.

So- just a few things I remember about her that some of my siblings may not remember because they were too young. She really did seem like a different person before we were at Spring Lake- and I am glad I got to know that person. I just want people to know she was this person also.

That's the Jeanne that I knew, and I'm glad you have those sweet memories of her. Thank you for sharing---the stories made me laugh and brought tears to my eyes!

No, not a psychologist, just a mom. ;) I have a lot of mental dysfunction in my extended family. Nothing criminal, but it has caused a lot of pain and suffering. When I played your mom's tape, my kids asked if that was their grandma. There's something in her voice, or the way she sees the world, that just reminds me a lot of my own family, sad to say.

I think you are an amazingly strong person to be able to discuss all these events the way you are doing! It's so hard to admit there is something terribly wrong with your family. You (or rather I) sometimes wonder when it will hit you too, as if you're a ticking time-bomb.

The Jeanne I met in the beginning was a lot like you remember. Always smiling and happy, and fun to be around. That is what I like to remember, not how she treated Juanita and Roy later on.

The Jeanne I met in the beginning was a lot like you remember. Always smiling and happy, and fun to be around. That is what I like to remember, not how she treated Juanita and Roy later on.

Interesting that you knew this person as well cofinley...so its not a gradual deterioration over time, it seems to "come and go". I guess gradual deteriorations start to come and go more frequently than they did earlier perhaps..but I know that when you said that this was the person you met then I know that bruce's family would've said the same thing, and I had already been shipped out to my mother-in-laws unable to walk or see very well by that time. That makes me really stop and think.

Mom2six, you are right about the time bomb thing. In my family there seems to be such a denial system in place that the person, and the family refuse to admit that any bomb went off at all. My biggest fear is that if a bomb went off in me already, and genetically I have some predisposition to not recognize it and think I am right all the time! If I have family members telling me that a "bomb went off" with me basically, and I am not believing them, then it is so hard for me to not think that I have indeed succumbed to the family "bomb" and am walking around crazy, and unknowingly crazy at that, and not admitting it! If the bomb hit me, then I have searched every angle to the point of harm to myself, and I just can't see it!!! It is a dizzying horrible thing watching for that bomb.

Kiddo, from what I have seen in all of this, you are the sanest one in your family. You have seen the scary behavior and have been victimized by it---and survived. You have warned others about it over and over only to be ignored. You have taken your concerns and evidence to law enforcement. You have had yourself evaluated by professionals. YOU have taken the SANE and appropriate steps---you have done all you can while others have chosen to ignore and deny it all. THEY are the crazy ones in my book.
It's normal to think that you may be next in line when your mother has behaved as yours has, but it can become a self-fulfilling prophecy if you dwell on it so much. Try to let it go. (I know---easier said than done, but you have to keep trying.) Rely on your clean bill of health and on the support of your husband and friends (and I hope that includes us here). Immerse yourself in your husband, children, and in things that interest and excite you. Try something new.
I know from experience that removing yourself from the source of the stress isn't easy when it's your mother, but it goes a very long way towards lessening the stress and toward protecting your sanity.The other stuff will never go away, but it will hurt less, believe me.
None of this is your fault. Stay strong. You have a rooting section out here pulling for you!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anaaaa555
Back