MO MO - Desirea Ferris, 18, Liberty, 1 May 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If you have access to Namus their was a unidentified woman thrown out of a truck then ran over by a challenger in PA in dec 2017 she bears a strong resemblance to this young lady
Really? I'll have to look at it! Thank you! I feel so bad for her family not knowing where she is. I don't know them personally just followed this story

Really? I'll have to look at it! Thank you! I feel so bad for her family not knowing where she is. I don't know them personally just followed this story
I dont know them either ,I have a strange feeling she was sold. Sex trade. Taken somewhere else off the radar fill them with drugs and abuse resurface in another place put them on the street. Unless they can block drugs being pumped into them i doubt after all the trauma they fight back...so very sad

If you have access to Namus their was a unidentified woman thrown out of a truck then ran over by a challenger in PA in dec 2017 she bears a strong resemblance to this young lady
I looked at namus and i can see some resemblance to Desi from the pics her family had posted on the missing persons flyers. The age don't fit but that don't mean they didn't get it wrong. And i think it's like 16 hours from where Desi lived to where this person was found so anything is possible

I think this is the UID you are talking about: PA - PA - Philadelphia Co, WhtFem UP17475, 30-50, decedent drug at Frankford Ave, Dec'17

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Age estimate is way off (30-50) but the reconstruction sketch on that case has always seemed younger than 30 to me:
Original
40F7979E00000578-4559160-image-m-25_1496245396120.jpg
40F797A300000578-4559160-image-a-26_1496245401644.jpg

Family fear foul play in case of missing Missouri girl | Daily Mail Online

It wouldn't hurt to submit Desirea for that UID if she hasn't been suggested yet. MOO.

I think this is the UID you are talking about: PA - PA - Philadelphia Co, WhtFem UP17475, 30-50, decedent drug at Frankford Ave, Dec'17

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Age estimate is way off (30-50) but the reconstruction sketch on that case has always seemed younger than 30 to me:
Original
40F7979E00000578-4559160-image-m-25_1496245396120.jpg
40F797A300000578-4559160-image-a-26_1496245401644.jpg

Family fear foul play in case of missing Missouri girl | Daily Mail Online

It wouldn't hurt to submit Desirea for that UID if she hasn't been suggested yet. MOO.
I see some resemblance to the reconstruction and the person does look younger which could be why she's still unidentified maybe.

A search warrant filed in the case says witnesses saw Desirea with two men the night before she went missing.

"The prime suspect. Yeah, he was arrested 10 days, 11 days after Desiree went missing on unrelated charges. So he's been in federal prison since," her mother said.

One of those men, Robert Keegan, was sentenced to 18 years in federal prison on drug charges.

Witnesses told police that Desirea was with Keegan on the afternoon of May 1, when he dropped her off at a McDonald's on Van Brunt Boulevard.

From there, witnesses said another man, Mark Arzola, gave her a ride to a McDonald's in Liberty. He told investigators that he then gave her a ride to a house at 81st and Highland in south Kansas City.

Her cell phone last pinged just a few miles away.

Liberty police declined a request for an interview, but said in a statement that there are people incarcerated for federal offenses who may have information on Desirea’s disappearance, and that some people interviewed have invoked their Miranda rights.

Frustrated metro family starts their own tip line in search for missing Liberty teen

New to this case so catching up. In one of the news stories, a reporter waves a copy of a search warrant. Has anyone found a copy or know where it can be located?

Desirea Ann Ferris – The Charley Project
Desirea Ann Ferris
Details of Disappearance
Ferris was out on May 1, 2017 with her sister and two men they knew. At one point, Ferris's sister wanted to come home, and was dropped off there. Ferris stayed with the men and they were supposed to drop her off at a friend's home, but she never arrived there.

She made a call at 2:06 a.m. on May 2, and then texted the same number at 5:14 a.m. Her last activity on Facebook was at 3:00 a.m. She was last seen leaving a house in the Marlborough neighborhood of Kansas City, Missouri in the early hours of May 2. She has never been heard from again.

The house where Ferris was last seen is in a dangerous neighborhood noted for drug activity, and Ferris's loved ones believe people connected to that house harmed her. It's uncharacteristic of her to leave without warning or be out of touch with her family; she usually calls or texts her mother multiple times a day. She was also close to her siblings. Her case remains unsolved.
ferris_desirea.jpg
ferris_desirea6.jpg
ferris_desirea8.jpg
ferris_desirea5.jpg
ferris_desirea4.jpg

Just listened to the Vanished Podcast on Desirea. I came here for an update, makes me sad that there is nothing here yet for her. It also makes me angry that there are people who seem to know the answers that could give her family some resolution and let them lay her to rest- yet they are too selfish to speak up. :(

MAY 1, 2021

Family pays tribute to Desirea Ferris -- missing for four years this weekend

Family honors Desirea Ferris 4 years after disappearance

MAY 1, 2021
Family honors Desirea Ferris 4 years after disappearance (kshb.com)
[...]

It's symbolic that Desirea Ferris' family would participate in a community clean-up in the same neighborhood where she went missing four years ago.

"You walk through these streets and you're like, 'oh my god, are we walking past her? Are we close to her?'" Jennifer Ferris said.

Desirea was in the Marlborough neighborhood before she went missing. All her phone activity stopped in the early morning hours of May 2, 2017. No one has seen or heard from her since.

[...]

All throughout their clean-up, the family knew their finishing point was at 81st & Highland. This is one of the last places Desirea Ferris was seen alive.

Desirea Ferris' family visited the street three months after she went missing looking for answers.

According to police, people who last saw Desirea Ferris said she was picked up from a nearby home around 1:30 a.m. From there, it's a mystery.

[...]

The neighborhood at 81st & Highland is the source of a lot of pain for Desirea Ferris' family.

[...]

Desirea Ferris' story has reached all across the country and even the world. Her family started a Facebook page to raise awareness, Bring Desirea Ferris Home. The page has nearly 20,000 supporters.

Anyone with information about where Desirea is can message one of the administrators on the page or make an anonymous call to the Greater Kansas City Crime Stoppers Tips Hotline at 816-474-TIPS (8477) or Liberty police.

Podcast on missing Liberty woman raises more questions

Anatomy of Murder is a podcast that goes in depth on homicide cases across the United States. Last week, they released an episode on Ferris. Comments made by her mother, Patti Tam, have family members questioning everything.

On the podcast Anatomy of Murder, Tam talked about her daughter’s case. During the interview Tam is heard saying that night another one of her daughters relapsed on heroin and was involved with drugs the night Ferris was last seen.

Some listened to the podcast and heard what sounded like the group may have done heroin together, when Tam says what could sound like: “shoot ’em up with heroin.” A public relations representative for Audiochuck, which produces Anatomy of Murder, later clarified outside of the episode the transcript reads “shoot him up with heroin,” referring to a specific person in the friend group.

Tam says people misunderstood what she said in the podcast.

Jennifer Ferris is Desirea’s stepmother. She says the revelation about what the group was doing that night is a shock to the whole family, and the detective on Ferris’ case. She says even with the confusion, the information that came out of the podcast was new, and surprising.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214
Back