GUILTY MO - Ebony Jackson, 30, St Louis, 4 January 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Also, I don't like how this thing has gone down in relation to the baby's father. First, why is LE requiring a paternity test to determine that he's the dad? Is there no birth certificate? Perhaps he's not listed on the birth certificate, I don't know. I find it bizarre that he turned around and went back to Oklahoma City, with plans to return to STL on Monday for the paternity test. Could he not have stayed with Ebony's family? She has several family members that are local. I don't know that I would have been cool to just turn back around and drive all the way to Oklahoma City while my baby is in St. Louis and his other parent has vanished. I don't suspect the BF at ALL, and my heart goes out to him... I'm just really curious about WHY he went all the way back home again, just to turn around and come back tomorrow, all while his beloved Ebony is missing from HERE, and his child is being housed HERE as well. MOO.

Good point.
It's a long 7 or 8 hour drive from St Louis to OKC. Perhaps he couldn't miss work or something.....but still....his baby is in LE's hands and his girlfriend is missing! I don't feel any hinkyness with him though....just an odd choice to return home. Maybe he isn't very close to any of her family and didn't want to impose on them.

That article maybe helps with the timeline. Ebony talked to her mother and an Aunt on Thursday night. She was with somebody and that person apparently has not come forward. Also worrisome is that they said they haven't heard from the police since Friday.

This stood out for me too. Surely if this person is innocent, he/she would have immediately contacted authorities.

Here's a newer article, at least- just posted at STLToday.com:

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_86cef6d8-e2c0-5690-8924-06d0bcdb3f64.html

Interestingly, it states that Ebony's car has been outfitted with GPS because she tends to be forgetful. I wonder if LE has bothered tracking it, or if they even can yet. Do they need a warrant in order to do that?

Also, I don't like how this thing has gone down in relation to the baby's father. First, why is LE requiring a paternity test to determine that he's the dad? Is there no birth certificate? Perhaps he's not listed on the birth certificate, I don't know. I find it bizarre that he turned around and went back to Oklahoma City, with plans to return to STL on Monday for the paternity test. Could he not have stayed with Ebony's family? She has several family members that are local. I don't know that I would have been cool to just turn back around and drive all the way to Oklahoma City while my baby is in St. Louis and his other parent has vanished. I don't suspect the BF at ALL, and my heart goes out to him... I'm just really curious about WHY he went all the way back home again, just to turn around and come back tomorrow, all while his beloved Ebony is missing from HERE, and his child is being housed HERE as well. MOO.
Yeah, wondered about that, too. It's a seven and a half hour, 500 mile drive from OKC to St. Louis. Interstate the whole way, but still. I guess he does have a business he'd have to arrange to be taken care of, and perhaps he might need papers - birth certificate, perhaps - he'd left back home.

From the latest article above.

As they taped the posters inside the apartment buildings, family members said Jackson had arrived in St. Louis with her son Thursday night and had spoken to her mother – in Colorado – by phone. They said the last time anyone heard from Jackson was a phone call to an aunt on Thursday.

I'm confused. I thought she arrived Wednesday night?

I thought was arrived Wednesday also.....Well if it's true it was actually Thursday, that's a good thing IMO. Less of a timeframe to figure out where she could have been/gone.

I think that is a really good idea. If someone wanted to ditch a car, the airport would be a good spot (at least it is on TV and the movies:)) and if someone wanted to leave by choice then the airport is a good place to go.

Has the family checked activity on her bank account or checked with her cell phone provider? Also, it was said her car was equipped with some sort of tracking device, can't that give clues as to where the car is?

Whoa. The apartment complex is close to the airport. I'd be looking for her car there.

Good point.
It's a long 7 or 8 hour drive from St Louis to OKC. Perhaps he couldn't miss work or something.....but still....his baby is in LE's hands and his girlfriend is missing! I don't feel any hinkyness with him though....just an odd choice to return home. Maybe he isn't very close to any of her family and didn't want to impose on them.

I just became FB friends with one of Ebony's aunts. When I was lurking on FB, trying to find info, I realized we have 7 (!!) mutual friends. I don't know any of the family personally that I'm aware of, but it's a small world for sure. My husband SWEARS he knows or knew Ebony at some point- that she looks crazy-familiar. He hails from E. St. Louis, born and raised, so I guess anything's possible. Regardless, I am in love with this baby boy, and this case has really struck a chord with me.

Also, there have been at least a few missing black women in the area of late. Still missing is Phoenix Coldon, and the body of another woman was identified today as another missing woman- she was found in Bethalto. Probably no connection, but still... lots of weirdness in the area.

This stood out for me too. Surely if this person is innocent, he/she would have immediately contacted authorities.

This 'friend' is key to finding out where she is. If this were a true friend and not involved in the least they would have come forward by now. Assuming they know about her being missing.

I wonder if the name/identity of the friend is known to family or LE, but they are unable to locate the person? or if no one knows the name/who the friend is at all. :confused:

I think that is a really good idea. If someone wanted to ditch a car, the airport would be a good spot (at least it is on TV and the movies:)) and if someone wanted to leave by choice then the airport is a good place to go.

Has the family checked activity on her bank account or checked with her cell phone provider? Also, it was said her car was equipped with some sort of tracking device, can't that give clues as to where the car is?

Piggy-backing off this idea... what about all the many extended park garages near the airport? There are probably 20 of them within a 5 mile radius of the apartment complex the baby was found at. You know what I'm talking about, right? Those places that aren't on airport property, but are cheaper, and you take a shuttle to the airport itself. Probably less security in those places than the airport, and easier to get in and out of too.

Whoa. The apartment complex is close to the airport. I'd be looking for her car there.
Plenty of cameras and security at airport; plenty of mean streets in the Lou, where a car might be easily dumped. Leave it there with the keys, it might never be found.

Plenty of cameras and security at airport; plenty of mean streets in the Lou, where a car might be easily dumped. Leave it there with the keys, it might never be found.

Lots of chop shops here too. If one knows the right people, you can drop your car off and it will be disassembled in an hour or less, unfortunately.

I do have a question about the neighborhood that her baby was found in...is the kind of place that is no snitching? I am from Baltimore and that is the policy around here in certain neighborhoods; nobody sees nothing.

Just asking because if it is that kind of place then people aren't going to talk to LE. The family will probably hear more through the streets.

The new Post Dispatch article says that she was arrived on Thursday while the Belleville, IL paper said she was arrived at aunts house Wed and spoke to the neighbor. Confusing.

In addition to tracking her car, can't they see where she was when she made those phone calls Thursday night? It's too bad more info about the missing Mother didn't go out Friday morning. All we heard about here was the baby. So now she has been missing for three days. :(

I do have a question about the neighborhood that her baby was found in...is the kind of place that is no snitching? I am from Baltimore and that is the policy around here in certain neighborhoods; nobody sees nothing.

Just asking because if it is that kind of place then people aren't going to talk to LE. The family will probably hear more through the streets.

It's a very blue collar, lower-middle class neighborhood, but not what I would say is a "no snitch" area. The police in St. Ann are extremely strict, and the area is mostly businesses, with a few apartments/houses splattered around. E. St. Louis is ABSOLUTELY a no-snitch area, by contrast, but not so much with St. Ann.

Hope St. Louis Metro PD take this case (if they haven't already). I'm afraid Breckenridge Hills may not have the resources to investigate it fully.

I just became FB friends with one of Ebony's aunts. When I was lurking on FB, trying to find info, I realized we have 7 (!!) mutual friends. I don't know any of the family personally that I'm aware of, but it's a small world for sure.

Funny because when I went through Ebony's friends I saw that one of them is my old neighbor from an out of town college 10 yrs ago. Definitely a small world.

Also, there have been at least a few missing black women in the area of late. Still missing is Phoenix Coldon, and the body of another woman was identified today as another missing woman- she was found in Bethalto. Probably no connection, but still... lots of weirdness in the area.

I agree . . . lots of weirdness in the area. Especially the BBM part . . . still reeling from that happening, tbh. Not typically something that happens around the area AT ALL unless you drive 10-15 miles into some of the dicey parts of Alton.

As I said before, I don't live in the area . . . but from working in St. Louis for years, living 40ish miles away, and being born and raised in the metro area, I could definitely see this as a possibility, MissSunshine, from what I know. :moo:

Good point.

But i would think a cheap motel would have worked for a night or two and probably cheaper than gas to drive to OKC and back? I thought that was odd too, but not necessarilly suspicious.

But i would think a cheap motel would have worked for a night or two and probably cheaper than gas to drive to OKC and back? I thought that was odd too, but not necessarilly suspicious.

I wonder if LE asked him for a birth certificate or maybe pictures or other proof that he's the babies Daddy and he had to go home and get it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke
Back