GUILTY MO - Ebony Jackson, 30, St Louis, 4 January 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wouldn't be surprised if at first it was ASSUMED she had OK plates and later they found out they were CO plates. My guess would be they are CO plates.

Actually they said the baby was very happy and healthy and well cared for. He's really too young to know what happened and I'm sure he's fine. But I am hoping Dad can get him tomorrow too. It must be so hard for him!

Has anyone been able to track down the Shelton connection? This is really bothering me for some reason.

Just read another article from our local fox channel that says Colorado plates. There is a different picture of her with this article.

http://fox2now.com/2013/01/06/friends-family-identify-woman-as-abandoned-babys-mother/

Meanwhile, I am hoping baby and father can be reunited tomorrow. I can't imagine what the baby went thru Thursday night/early Friday morning.

I suppose it is possible her mom gifted her the car since mom lives in Colorado. Or maybe she just never changed the plates when she moved?

Re: the base, I'm fairly certain if you have privileges at one commissary/exchange you have them at all (for instance when DH was enlisted Navy I coukd go to the Navy exchanges or commissaries in MD or the ones on Andrews AFB. (forget the names of those).

I found more under the name of Jackson and not much under Shelton. I'll do some more digging.

I'm back, actually. Nothing was found while I was there, though the search may have continued after I left. I don't think she's anywhere near the apartment building. :(

At this point I suppose looking for the car would be the thing; but with so many places to abandon a vehicle in the metro area, where would one start to look? Even if one knew it in fact had been abandoned?

Any ideas or theories on where she may be or what could have happened to her?
Is LE actively searching for her or is she being treated like a "runaway"?

I'm back, actually. Nothing was found while I was there, though the search may have continued after I left. I don't think she's anywhere near the apartment building. :(

I am not thinking she woke up and decided to just leave the baby in the hallway of an apartment. I'm thinking more like something emotional or psychological may have happened causing her to do so. Or, alternatively, I am concerned she is mixed up with someone who pretty much forced her to leave the baby.

Perhaps she was being kidnapped and plead with her abductor to let her leave the baby where she/they left it so it would be cared for?

i'm just thinking with all of the family/friends she had in St. Louis, I can't see a mother who loves her baby like crazy abandoning it all, let alone in a strange neighborhood.

i wonder if she was breastfeeding? or if this was formula? was the bottle warm? someone that knew how to prepare a bottle & cared for the well being of this baby put him there. if someone was in a rush/panicked... i doubt they would take the time to prepare a bottle, etc.

Any ideas or theories on where she may be or what could have happened to her?
Is LE actively searching for her or is she being treated like a "runaway"?

I heard a couple of different theories, though I can tell you NO ONE thinks Ebony willingly abandoned her child. Slightly more popular is the theory that she became disoriented, as because of her past brain tumor, she still suffers some mental symptoms and side effects. That possibility is mostly being dismissed too, because at worst she might become a little forgetful- but never anything serious like this.

From what I understand, almost everyone- including LE- is leaning towards foul play at this time. Some people were suggesting LE search every apartment in the building the baby was found in, but I doubt that's feasible, what with privacy laws, warrants, etc.

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=North+69th+Street,+East+St.+Louis,+IL&daddr=Hickory+Trace+Apartments,+Dehart+Place,+St.+Ann,+MO&hl=en&sll=38.6642,-90.21886&sspn=0.187652,0.41851&geocode=FSP-TAIdSn-h-ilraD14eqzYhzGHSFJkzDWBzw%3BFZDWTgIdnwed-iGEAga7QTpN1SmLmkJsCTTfhzGEAga7QTpN1Q&oq=69th+street,+east+st+&gl=us&mra=ls&t=m&z=12
Here's a map showing the distance between the street she visited with the cousin's neighbor and the apartments the baby was found in.

If she was indeed heading to Denver and did actually leave baby there, then she probably took I70 which is only like 2 miles away and continues all the way to Colorado.
It's a long drive, but she probably would have arrived there by Friday evening at the latest.

I'm thinking this isn't the case though....I have a strong feeling something bad has happened to her. :(

Here's a newer article, at least- just posted at STLToday.com:

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_86cef6d8-e2c0-5690-8924-06d0bcdb3f64.html

Interestingly, it states that Ebony's car has been outfitted with GPS because she tends to be forgetful. I wonder if LE has bothered tracking it, or if they even can yet. Do they need a warrant in order to do that?

Also, I don't like how this thing has gone down in relation to the baby's father. First, why is LE requiring a paternity test to determine that he's the dad? Is there no birth certificate? Perhaps he's not listed on the birth certificate, I don't know. I find it bizarre that he turned around and went back to Oklahoma City, with plans to return to STL on Monday for the paternity test. Could he not have stayed with Ebony's family? She has several family members that are local. I don't know that I would have been cool to just turn back around and drive all the way to Oklahoma City while my baby is in St. Louis and his other parent has vanished. I don't suspect the BF at ALL, and my heart goes out to him... I'm just really curious about WHY he went all the way back home again, just to turn around and come back tomorrow, all while his beloved Ebony is missing from HERE, and his child is being housed HERE as well. MOO.

That article maybe helps with the timeline. Ebony talked to her mother and an Aunt on Thursday night. She was with somebody and that person apparently has not come forward. Also worrisome is that they said they haven't heard from the police since Friday.

It would be helpful to the addresses or at least major cross-roads where the relatives home are located, so we could at least get an idea on map where good search areas would be based on possible routes she may have taken.....I imagine LE has this info and is hopefully using it to maybe check surveillance cameras in these areas. I know it's probably a hard thing to do though since there's no clear time-frame for where she was/when.

Whoa. The apartment complex is close to the airport. I'd be looking for her car there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke
Back