GUILTY MO - Ebony Jackson, 30, St Louis, 4 January 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Just checked my FB page while I'm on lunch break. Ebony's aunt posted a rant for friends only. Since it's posted as private, I know I can't quote it, but I will paraphrase.

She is upset at LE, because she does not feel they are handling this case as if a crime has been committed, or investigating Ebony's disappearance with any sense of urgency. She states the the actual building the baby was found in is completely vacant, there are no current residents living there (which was not the impression I had yesterday, FWIW). She is criticizing LE for neglecting to put an APB on Ebony's vehicle and for making no attempt to speak with Ebony's family. She feels no effort is being made to find the "friend" Ebony was reportedly with last, and is upset because no one knows who this person is. She believes the key to cracking this case is to find that "friend".

I would like to know if the bottle seemed to be prepared by somebody with knowledge of the baby's feeding habits. How much formula was found in the bottle? Was it the amount he normally takes? I would guess 3 to 4 ounces would be normal for his age. Or was it a full 8 oz bottle? It would be interesting to know if it was prepared correctly or was it thick or thin? (One scoop for every two ounces). I wonder if there were any prints on the bottle other than Ebony's.

I thought about this. They said a full bottle of MILK. Well everyone that knows babies knows you give them formula not MILK and the full bottle I found a little strange also for a 3 month old. Of course this could have just been the wording by LE or the media. Perhaps it was formula and not milk and maybe they considered 3 or 4 ounces to be 'full'.

IMO I think they are basing it on no evidence of foul play in her disappearance.
Could be wrong but haven't seen anything else mentioned in her case.

If she is wanted for questioning, does that mean that LE is going to look for her?

Now, according to MSM, Ebony Jackson is wanted for questioning. Did something new develop by way of evidence to support the fact that she abandoned her child, or are dangerous assumptions being made based on zero factual evidence? I just cannot bring myself to believe this woman abandoned this baby boy!

http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/355755/3/Ebony-Jackson-wanted-for-questioning

Ebony Jackson wanted for questioning

And yes I find that an odd title and it was printed today. It sounds like LE believes that SHE is the one that abandoned the baby there. Perhaps they have a witness or caught her on camera? They don't really seem to be too concerned about her whereabouts other than she is wanted for questioning in the abandoned baby case. They make it sound like they aren't even sure it's her baby. Again, I find this odd considering so many family members have said it is. I've never heard of a case before where a parent comes forward to claim their child and they have to prove maternity/paternity. Especially when so many family members are claiming that is who the child is.

I did find an article that I linked on the previous page that said several of the apartments were vacant. I was curious if the vacant apartments had been searched.

Just checked my FB page while I'm on lunch break. Ebony's aunt posted a rant for friends only. Since it's posted as private, I know I can't quote it, but I will paraphrase.

She is upset at LE, because she does not feel they are handling this case as if a crime has been committed, or investigating Ebony's disappearance with any sense of urgency. She states the the actual building the baby was found in is completely vacant, there are no current residents living there (which was not the impression I had yesterday, FWIW). She is criticizing LE for neglecting to put an APB on Ebony's vehicle and for making no attempt to speak with Ebony's family. She feels no effort is being made to find the "friend" Ebony was reportedly with last, and is upset because no one knows who this person is. She believes the key to cracking this case is to find that "friend".

In LE's defense, a child who was in his mother's care being abandoned in an enclosed hallway, wrapped up tight, in a car seat, and with a full bottle, points to someone who cared greatly for the child having left him there.

But I think they're wearing blinders if they've made that assumption the main thrust of the investigation.

I have felt like Ebony did abandon the baby. However, I really don't get a feel that this is a case of a mom just wanting to get rid of her child. I really feel like something is going on with Ebony, and I'm leaning toward some sort of medical or psychological condition. And there could likely being someone taking advantage of her too. I'm very curious who this mysterious "friend" is.

In LE's defense, a child who was in his mother's care being abandoned in an enclosed hallway, wrapped up tight, in a car seat, and with a full bottle, points to someone who cared greatly for the child having left him there.

But I think they're wearing blinders if they've made that assumption the main thrust of the investigation.

I have mixed feelings about that after seeing what happened in Krista Dittmeyer's case.

Now, according to MSM, Ebony Jackson is wanted for questioning. Did something new develop by way of evidence to support the fact that she abandoned her child, or are dangerous assumptions being made based on zero factual evidence? I just cannot bring myself to believe this woman abandoned this baby boy!

http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/355755/3/Ebony-Jackson-wanted-for-questioning

Gosh I hate to say it but I hope this isn't another Phoenix Coldon case. We have to remember that LE might have more evidence to suggest that she is the one who did it. Or it could be poor judgement on their part. No matter what, if I were her family I would be at the police station throwing a hissy fit! I would say 'show me the proof you have that she left her baby there or start looking for her!' Seriously this is sounding very familiar. I was hoping this wouldn't happen. Tell the Aunt to gather up the family and go down to the police station and demand some answers! Get Mom there! Get the boyfriend there! Even if she did do it, there could be medical reasons.

Gosh I hate to say it but I hope this isn't another Phoenix Coldon case. We have to remember that LE might have more evidence to suggest that she is the one who did it. Or it could be poor judgement on their part. No matter what, if I were her family I would be at the police station throwing a hissy fit! I would say 'show me the proof you have that she left her baby there or start looking for her!' Seriously this is sounding very familiar. I was hoping this wouldn't happen. Tell the Aunt to gather up the family and go down to the police station and demand some answers! Get Mom there! Get the boyfriend there! Even if she did do it, there could be medical reasons.

BBM: I TOTALLY agree with this. She has a pretty significant medical history that at least warrants an endangered missing status...unless, like you said, there is evidence to the contrary.

Ebony's family needs some sort of advocate. Maybe they could get something from Ebony's doctor showing her health issues. I agree, they should rally her family together and insist that the police start looking at this case in some way other than just assuming Ebony dumped off her baby.

I've thought about an underlying medical condition being at play here- we already know she suffers after-effects from a previous medical issue- like forgetfulness, etc. Symptoms could manifest in other ways as well, IMO.

That said, I have also wondered why her family seems so cool about the fact that Ebony was in the process of such a massive road trip by herself. She already suffers negative effects from prior medical stuff, and a trip from OKC to St. Louis to Denver and back again is tough in even the best of circumstances. Was no one concerned about her attempting this on her own with a 3 month old baby in tow? Not that it would have mattered necessarily, even if they were concerned. She wouldn't have had to listen to anyone's concerns for her safety, but still...

And the fact that the apartment complex was empty...well that to me leans toward someone not being as concerned for the babies welfare (if they knew it was empty). It could have been days or weeks before someone stumbled into that building and found that baby. The apartment complex is empty but they leave the doors to the inside unlocked? Isn't that odd? I thought the early reporting said a resident leaving for work at 5am discovered the baby?

Well Ebony was 30 years old and if she's anything like my 27 year old daughter she does what she wants. She's an adult and she could do whatever she wanted. I think those that have survived something like a brain tumor are more prone to do things and take risks because they realize that life is short.

Seriously the family needs to jump on this and pronto. Don't let time waste away before questioning LE's actions and demanding some answers.

If they don't get answers they can go to city, county and state elected officials.

Where are we reading that the apartment building in which the baby was abandoned was empty? I must have missed that. Yes, the guy who found her at 5 a.m. said he was on his way to work, according to MSM. He didn't give a name.

Just a wild theory... for whatever reason Ebony goes to that building - maybe she needs a plae for the night, maybe this "friend" lures her there.

She gets out of the car and takes Donovan, who maybe has the bottle, first to put inside the hallway. Much safer than leaving him the car, perhaps the "friend" has gone ahead to "open the door".

Then she goes back out to grab the bag.. not realising the friend is following.. they incapacitate or threaten her (or the baby). She thinks people live in the building, he'll be found, better to get the threat away.

Of course that leaves motive etc...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tametn
Back