GUILTY MO - Ebony Jackson, 30, St Louis, 4 January 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I would respectfully suggest that at this point - the victim is the baby. We don't KNOW if mom is a victim at this point, do we?

I would respectfully suggest that at this point - the victim is the baby. We don't KNOW if mom is a victim at this point, do we?

For the purposes of this thread I would assume that Ebony is our victim. She's the named missing person. The baby is safe.

I think the circumstances would warrant a little responsible sleuthing of Ms. Jackson in order to gain a little context.

Then my posts about Ebony's past should be removed. FWIW I cross referenced the address she and boyfriend live at to find the info. :)

I was hoping there would be more news today since the dad was supposed to have a paternity test. I guess they take a few days to get the results.

I don't think that's Ebony that we're looking for, wrong middle initial and birthday doesn't match.

It looks like at least on a couple of records her middle initial is T. I thought that was her DOB but I could be wrong. I haven't done much digging though. I think I will do a side by side comparison of her pics because I just can't tell. I do think to a certain degree her history is relevant. Not that we're trying to dig up her past but it might weigh in on whether or not she might leave her baby. We know according to the family she has a medical history and I think that could be a factor. As I've mentioned before if there is any substance abuse history and she met up with a past friend with the same history I could see someone easily slipping back into that. I don't think it would make her less important or think something like this would make finding her less important.

http://fox2now.com/2013/01/06/mother-of-abandoned-child-is-still-missing/

Article from last night. Interviews the last two people that saw her in East St Louis after she arrived. Confirms that she was on her way to see cousin in nearby st johns. Brief pic of similar car.

if st john's is where he lives it makes sense for her to get off of the highway on st charles rock road (the baby was found a few feet off of this road) to get to his house. maybe she stopped and killed time when she couldnt get a hold of him. stopping to eat , or at a gas station, a grocery store. i can only see this as a robbery or car jacking (since she is from out of town). Or she was confused and trusted the wrong people.
I wonder how much formula she had with her, like if she stopped anywhere to get more. I would be checking cameras from gas stations on st charles rock road, and grocery stores.

The call that she was with a 'friend' doesn't mix into that so well. Unless the friend was someone she just met and she used the term loosely. The "friend" then could have robbed her. I just can't imagine what happened to Ebony then.

FWIW I did put the 2 pics side by side and looked closely at all her features and I do believe the OK arrest is her. NOT saying that means a whole lot. None of us are perfect.

Just wanted to put this up.. Ebony's mom wrote this just over a month ago

http://www.ellentv.com/member/stella-jackson/

Ohmygosh, what a touching letter. I am so surprised that Ebony was traveling around so much, just herself and an infant. If her condition has taken a turn for the worst, she could be anywhere and maybe does not even have an idea of who she is, etc.

The apartment building had no surveillance cameras and the cameras on other buildings were facing the opposite directions..either someone knew that apartment very well or they got lucky.

They haven't said anything about the GPS on her car. I wonder if LE has checked?

Updated article

Police held a late Monday afternoon news conference to say they still have yet to talk to anyone who actually met with Jackson-Shelton in the St. Louis area and they don`t know if she ever made it to Breckenridge Hills.
Police are searching for the woman`s 2004 white Galant with Oklahoma plates.
They are looking thru video from surveillance cameras in this area in hopes of spotting her or her car.

Though the plates are back to Oklahoma plates...

http://fox2now.com/2013/01/06/mother-of-abandoned-child-is-still-missing/

ETA: The video gives more info than the article. The police are actively looking for her.

I've been losing my mind all day at work, unable to check into this case very often. Tonight it seems that LE is at the very least beginning to take this seriously enough to actively search for Ebony. Thank God.

Some of us have speculated about this vacant (or semi-vacant) building the baby was found in. We've thought maybe whoever left him there knew the area well enough to know the building was at best only partially occupied. What if we have it backwards, though? I was there yesterday, and just on sight had no idea that building had no tenants. It looked just like the other buildings, and had I not read the information on Ebony's aunt's FB page, I wouldn't have known. Is it possible that whoever left the baby in that building was under the same impression that I was under? Maybe they THOUGHT there were tenants there, and therefore the child would be found quickly, not realizing that this particular building is actually empty. Just a thought, I guess.

I'm at a total loss about what in the world could have happened to Ebony.

Found this article at Gather... and now I'm doubly confused:

Ebony Jackson is believed to have left with a man when she left Oklahoma, and her family says that she wouldn't just abandon her child like this. This indicates that the missing mom might be in some kind of danger or met some kind of danger. It's fortunate that the baby is safe, but where is Ebony Jackson?

Believed to have LEFT WITH A MAN?? Wha... ?? Is this just mis-reporting, or have we not been made aware of a HUGE detail regarding this case?

http://*****************/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981835034

ETA: Umm... how come I can't post Gather links?

Whatever that site is, the "**************" means we can't link to it here. (Gather, right? Abysmal, them.)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Angelinazoomazooma
Back